Start by marking “In the Flesh: My Story” as Want to Read:
In the Flesh: My Story

In the Flesh: My Story

Experience Jesus' life through HIS eyes in this compelling, first-person novel that holds true to the Gospels, all from our Hero's own perspective. Prepare to walk in the sandals of a life you never completely contemplated. Dare to endure a sacrifice you never ventured to appreciate. Savor a love you will never fully fathom.

Relive the greatest story ever told through the e
Published November 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about In the Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Flesh

Start your review of In the Flesh: My Story
Randy Tramp
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Experiencing Jesus' life through the Master's point of view.

It's very apparent the author spent many hours studying the Bible. I found In the Flesh accurate and challenging.

Jesus was the greatest man that walked the earth. He is God. And yet, he did the most incredible thing. He died for us.

This was a very good read. One I highly recommend. It took us, the reader, through the life of Jesus. I read it over many days to get the full impact of the book. There were many places in the book that I'd n
Robert Thibodeau
This was an EXCELLENT read!

Michael Gabriele has taken the four Gospel accounts in the Bible, harmonized them and then wrote this book as a first person narrative from the perspective of Jesus Himself! Brilliant concept!

It reads like a novel...it will keep you captivated all the way through! You will not want to put it down until you finish.

In addition, the research Michael must have done is evident in the description of the places, events, culture, etc. This really is an amazing book!

I highly re
Karin Cleaves
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like walking with Christ myself.

By reading this taken from the Gospel and in the first person of Jesus James you feel as all believers should feel. Thankful that we have a God who loves us so much he wants us to believe and trust in only him. All we had to do was to believe and ask for salvation. We are to stay away from the sins of the world. But the world's corruption have slowly taken over Christ's teachings through flash prophet of the world. People and families need to get back to praying a
Kathy Rae
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fall In Love With Jesus

I was uncertain that anyone could accurately portray Jesus' perspective in His own voice, but Gabriele pull it off so precisely I want everyone I know to read this. Bravo! Excellent read is an understatement.
James Frederick
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book gets 5 stars just for the audacity of the project. To write a first person narrative of Jesus' ministry and passion takes all kinds of "gumption." It was generally really well done, too. It actually made me think of Jesus in a different light.

Of course, parts of this were REALLY tough to read. It reminded me of Mel Gibson's "Passion of Christ," in that respect.

There was one glaring typo where a chain was "taught" instead of "taut." Otherwise, the book was well-edited. I cannot say it
MICHAEL LANGKAMMER
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the most part this was an excellent book told in the first person of Jesus. What bothered me though was a detailed healing of a woman that is not found in the bible, and also the changing of the facts in a few other narratives in the bible. Why the author found it necessary to do that I don't understand because it was already very interesting without those changes to the gospel story. I did find the depiction of Jesus going through the whole crucifixion process to be heartbreaking and adding ...more
Diane
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Won this from Goodreads give away.

The author did a good job of writing and researching this. He took the first four gospel
of the New Testament and has it told in first person by Jesus.
He has it told as if Jesus is tell it from his view point.

I found this very interesting the way the story is told and how close to the Bible it is.

I woul recommend this for any person that has read the Bible or is a Bible student.
Mike MacDonald
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How do you write this?

This had to be a difficult book to write. How does an author summon the type of discipline needed to write a first person account of the life of Jesus? I read this very slowly, looking for that holier than thou moment which was sure to happen. Michael..great work staying on a theme that shows the humanity of Jesus. I look forward to a second reading soon.
Joy Wilson
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the Flesh

Yes this is a novel, but it never deviates from God's Holy Word. It takes you through what Christ might have felt beginning with the start of his ministry. I always read the Bible in third person. Having read this from Christ's perspective, I now have a much better understanding of what He went through at the crucifixion and understand better just how much he loves me. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a better understanding of God's love for us.
Luanna Helena
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Practical & Mystical...

Michael Gabriele's In The Flesh - My Story: The first-person novel of Jesus takes a practical, logical approach to the life of Jesus, telling his story from His unique perspective. However, many mystical, divine elements are present inspiring readers' renewed faith.
Andrea Montack
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Must read

The title of the book could cause one to be sceptical. What audacity of the author to think he could speak for Jesus. However, after reading this book I was reminded of what Jesus endured for is. The book is a good summary of the life of Jesus..the author took a few liberties but did not stray far from the core truths of the bible.
Excellent job by the author
Ginger Jackson
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like walking with Jesus Christ

I loved reading this book. It is beautifully written and gave me much perspective on the possibility of why Jesus did and said certain things. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone. It made me feel I was walking with him as a disciple. There is no greater love than his love for his children.
robert shields
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Unique Way to Getting to Know Jesus

Jesus's life recreated in first person is a beautiful representation of both Jesus Himself and the times in which he lived. The author's research was thorough with interesting detail. I would recommend to anyone looking for a unique perspective on the Bible or another way to get to know Jesus.
Thomas G. Peterson
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GOD'S earthly journey

I found this very human account of Jesus's earthly journey to be very forceful. It takes the bible story to a new level that allows us to see Jesus as one of us. Although completing His mission he shared all our earthly emotions.
It brings him to life as a friend as well as GOD.
Cindy L. Maus
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God Given Story

Beside the Bible, this is the book that describes Jesus ' Love for us through the Father the best. I gained so much insight into Christ's Love through this book because it explained it in ways I never before totally understood, and I am truly grateful to Michael Gabriele for allowing God to speak through him.
Jourdan
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! JESUS as a REAL man! WOW!

I truly really enjoyed this book! I especially enjoyed the parts when it was written as if Jesus was speaking directly to me! I am now, and forever so very eternally grateful for the gift of Jesus: the greatest gift of all time! I would recommend book "In the Flesh" to anyone!
Catherine
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the Flesh - My Story. I loved reading about Jesus in the first person. This book really made me

Feel as if I was there in person. The passion was really hard to read through but really tells us the pain and suffering the dear Lord endured for mankind. Would love to read and reread again and again.
Dorothy R. Bailey
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly inspirational

Just loved this book. I cried throughout imagining the pain that was suffered for our souls. Reminded me of The Passion of the Christmas but from Jesus' point of view.
betty batten
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart wrenching, faith strengthening!

Follows the Bible closely. Gives some concept to Jesus' possible thoughts and feelings living in the flesh. Like walking with Him as a disciple. Awesome read!
kathie rush
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite book!

It is the new testament, turned novel. Jesus relates his adult life, thoughts, and journey. It even describes his passion, last days, and resurrection. I loved it and highly recommend it for anyone who wants to know Jesus, our Savior and Lord.
Terry Freeman
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

A beautiful story of Our Lords ministry told by Jesus himself. From the day Our Lord began with his Baptism in the Jordan to the last minutes he spent with his Apostles,
His Gospels come alive as Jesus narrates his teachings leaving you wanting more.
Sebas
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Greatest Book I have ever read

As a Catholic, I have been raised with the Gospels and in the faith. This story helped me to understand our Lord Jesus in a special way. I love him more and more, and I pray that everyone will come to know him and love him and worship him. One step to accomplishing this is by reading this story, regardless of religion or belief. Please, read this. I promise it will be of great blessing. Thank you Mr. Gabriele for your work in writing this, truly marvelous for th
Sheila Leahy
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Story of Jesus...by Jesus

An amazing book. The story of Jesus told in the first person which stuck very close to the Gospels. Of course I knew it’s ending, yet still I had a hard time putting it down. Every Christian will be glad they read this book!
Ruth Smith
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

While one must realize this is a fictional story of Jesus's life and death, it follows the Biblical account of His life. Be prepared to weep at the terrific pain He bore for the love of humans.
Marilyn Cortellini
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Feel Jesus as human.

This book moved me like no other. I have always believed in Him, but for the first time I really felt Him as truly human as well as divine. I know that I will read this book many times.
Paula Hersey
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book on our saviour!

This book is great! It is based on the bible of Jesus life. It would be great for a new believer to read. I know it is the author ideas of what Jesus was thinking but I don't think it was very far off. Made me feel so close to my saviour Jesus.
Barbara A. Fariello
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love! ❤️

I love this book and will read it again every Lenten season. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for dying for me.
gladys armstrong
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His words....His Passion...

Great book,from a perspective unique to such an important event, unlike anything ever before. We'll written, accurate biblical account of events.
TAMARA WIDLAKE
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jesus in the flesh

Great story makes u feel like you're right there through good and bad
When he was arrested u feel his pain even on the cross very good book
Tammy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This, along with the Bible, is an awesome story. I love how it is told in Jesus perspective of it all

• The Days of Elijah
  • Brother James: Growing Up With the Messiah
  • The Loyal Angel
  • Imagine Heaven: Near-Death Experiences, God's Promises, and the Exhilarating Future That Awaits You
  • Mr. Darcy's Miracle at Longbourn: A Pride and Prejudice Holiday Tale (Jane Austen Reimaginings Book 7)
  • Light from Her Mirror (Mirrors Don't Lie, #3)
  • Trusting Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Long Journey Home: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • The Recovery of Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • Longbourn Inheritance: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Bloodline of the Scrolls: Echoes of Truth; Clouds of Darkness (The Portal Series Book 2)
  • Miracles: 32 True Stories
  • Matter of Trust: The Shades of Pemberley
  • Mr. Darcy's Kindness: A Pride and Prejudice Novella Variation (Jane Austen Reimaginings Book 5)
  • A Sense of Obligation: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Barely Betrothed to Mr. Darcy: a Pride and Prejudice variation
  • Christmas, Love and Mr. Darcy
  • Equal Affection: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Michael Gabriele is a graduate of Loyola University Maryland. He received first-place honors at the Hollywood Film Festival for fiction writing and has been a professional writer for more than 25 years. He has worked in media, marketing and advertising, and currently writes to promote Jesuit education, mission and social justice.

News & Interviews

“The cripple’s great faith had enabled physical restoration. But the kind of healing that truly changes lives is less tangible, yet more vital—the curing of the heart—the softening of hardened mindsets. This was the real miracle I hoped had transpired” 0 likes
“Whatever troubles come your way, whatever hardships weigh you down, let them go! My command to you today is this … do not be afraid! Stop worrying!” 0 likes