Start by marking “Inhale, Exhale (Hollow Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inhale, Exhale (Hollow Ridge, #1)

Inhale, Exhale

(Hollow Ridge #1)

"I do."
Two words woven in love.
In sickness and in health.
For better or for worse.
Til death do us part.
And death dragged us apart.
We both said those vows.
But neither of us kept them.
This is not one of those happy stories.
Life isn't made of simple choices
and happily ever afters.
It's a dark place.
It's not easy.
It's full of mistakes a
Published August 13th 2019 (first published August 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Inhale, Exhale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inhale, Exhale

Fre06 Begum
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description I'm most likely going to be in the 🅼🅸🅽🅾🆁🅸🆃🆈 with my feelings for this book. 😳 I choose it as a "𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓾𝓽" challenge book because of its content. 🏃 And yes, it had about things I usually avoid like the plague. 💀 However, none of them are the ɾҽαʂσɳ that I just found this to be an "𝕆𝕂" read. 👀

Go figure...

description
So let's ฿Ɇ₲ł₦ with the good. 🙌 I think this author is a 🅅🄴🅁🅈 🅃🄰🄻🄴🄽🅃🄴🄳 writer. 👍  Many people will L♥O♥V♥E thilet's
Miftahul _MsLovesReading_
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
.” She’s the yin to my yang, and I want to see where we’ll go from here.

Title- inhale exhale
author- C L Mathews
publish date - 13 August 2019
genre- romance, mental health
Amazon- Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXLLN8G/...
my bookstagram- https://www.instagram.com/miftahul_ms...

♥♥♥

A standalone novel by C L Mathews! A happy married life with her high school sweet heart, supportive best friend who loves her and stands by her side always. until everything changes. Unhappy marrige with a cheating husband, best friend who wants her, death of daughter and mother in the same week
S.M. Soto
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the most heartbreakingly beautiful books of 2019. Inhale, Exhale is told in such haunting prose, with such a gritty poeticism, you can’t help but get sucked into this story and all the flawed characters. This was a real story, about a real romance, and real life issues. I can’t recommend it enough.
Kelly Green
***I am not emotionally ready to review this book yet.....***
(a day later- I think I am ready to review this soul devastating piece of fucking awesomeness!!! )

I DIED ALL THE DEADS!!! This book was EVERYTHING!!! It is going straight to my TOP READS OF 2019 list! I don't even know HOW to move on! It was everything I thought it would be and MORE! Book hangover from HELL right now! (Glad I'm all caught up on ARCs) 5 stars is no where near enough. CL Matthews killed it! She killed m
Na
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
”He’s my always. But he’ll never be my forever.”

Inhale, Exhale is a story that played every single emotional chord my mind is capable feeling. This book is raw, honest, real and it will crack you open like no other.
It was so hard to read this book, because every time something popped up, I broke a little more. Specially for Lo. Leaving me asking how much more she can take.

”This is real. This is us. And if you let it be, this is forever.”

This book tells us a story about how bre/>”This/>”He’s
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This is real. This is us. And if you let it be, this is forever."

WOW!! Heart shredding, real, raw, powerful, twisty turns galore, and just a wild ride I didn't want to get off!! Not your hearts and flowers, but a journey nonetheless, and a powerful one to boot. There are so many examples I could give, but I don't want to give anything away, because to experience it yourself is the only way to appreciate the beauty, the broken, the heart wrenching reality of this couple. Every emotio
C.L. Matthews
Feb 02, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Elle's Book Blog
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: August 13, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 3.75 stars

Okay. This isn't the easiest book to swallow because there are many instances of cheating. Many readers won't read a book where cheating happens and while I don't blame them (we all have our hard limits) I personally CAN look past it. That is, as long as there is some sort of reasoning behind it that can be forgiven (i.e if a woman is being abused and cheats on her husband I can look past i/>/>
PP's Bookshelf
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inhale,Exhale by C.L. Matthews has ripped my heart out and then shredded it into tiny pieces. And I loved every painful and beautifully tragic moment with all my heart and soul. It was delicious agony. It was torture to my soul. It was a breathtaking, captivating, stunning and heartbreaking story of love, loss and hope.

The core storyline is very simple. It follows the lives of many interconnected characters while they struggle, flourish, wither and grow. Jase and Lo is the central character.
B. Celeste
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never have I ever felt the way I did (and still do) about this book, especially while reading it. I was suffocating in pain and fear and anxiety. Ripped apart by the dynamic and heartbreak and true what-the-fuckedness of these characters. They're flawed. SO flawed. But that's what makes it hurt worse, because they're human. And humans put people through this type of pain every day. I'm just not used to reading about it so fully and with so much depth as what CL did in this.

I'm wrecke
Nicole Dykes
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes!!! All the angst!! That's what I'm looking for in a book and this one delivered!!! It had me guessing and reeling the entire time not able to come up for breath! I loved every second of it.

I had a massive migraine right as I started reading and still I had to message the author and tell her that I couldn't put it down. It literally hurt to read it on my phone and yet I couldn't stop! It was that good! It will break you, but in the best possible way!
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"Scars made by people can go many ways. They can slice you in the skin. They can slice to the bone. They can even sever limbs entirely. But scars of the heart, the untouchable ones, the ones that ache deeper but are invisible, branded, tattooed, those are the ones you feel forever."

My heart is bleeding. My soul is shattered. My emotions are drained. Wow, I have no words right now. I am speechless. I can’t breath. I can’t think. I can’t function. Because of Inhale, Exhale. Because a book WRECKED
Mary Gebhard
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start off by saying this book is an amazing, five fucking stars and you should buy it.
Okay.
It’s real, it’s raw, it’s heartbreaking, and it is so, so page-meltingly hot. That combination is MIND BLOWING. You will not put it down.
There are so many great lines in this book but some of the greatest (I think) would spoil the best, most shocking parts. The parts that were so HOT and also made my JAW DROP.
However, I did love this line:
“You’re the sweetest fucki
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*“The words are as harsh as beautiful, as heartbreaking as kind, as loving as hateful.”*

That’s the best way to describe this story. The good, the bad and ugly, and boy did I ugly cry. But there is a rare beauty that presents itself here. Real humanity. We aren’t perfect, imperfections shine through here. Imperfections make and break and remake this couple.

This book is everything and so much more. It breaks your heart, it breaks your soul, it breaks your trust.

Yet you fee
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton
5 STARS
Inhale, Exhale by C.L. Matthews has chewed me up and spit me out. It has taken me DAYS after finishing reading this book to finally sit down and write this review. Inhale, Exhale is NOT a sunshine and roses type of romance, it’s raw and it’s real and worth every single tear that I shed while reading it. From the first page, till the last page, this book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster that I never wanted to get off of. Get the t
Book Maniac Forever

5 “Breathe” Stars
Wow!!! Inhale, Exhale was my very first read by C.L. Matthews and I’m so impressed! This is such a powerful, deeply emotional story that deal with actual subjects like depression, grief and cheating. The characters aren’t perfect, in fact they’re so flawed, but they make this novel so real!

"Scars made by people can go many ways. They can slice you in the skin. They can slice to the bone. They can even sever limbs entirely. But scars of the heart, the untouchable ones, the ones that achereal!
Beneath The Covers Blog
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

~Sonal
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Words could never perfectly describe the abundance of emotions that took complete control over my body, mind, and soul while inhaling (pun totally intended) this breathtakingly captivating and heart shattering story. It's been days since I have had the ability to read anything else and I am still attempting to catch my breath because this(pun*
Tami Thomason
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YOU WILL NEVER BE READY FOR THIS BOOK!
This story put me on the floor in a fetal position.
No lie! There where moments where I couldn't catch my breath or see through my tears.
I THOUGHT I had read gut wrenching, heartbreaking books before this one.
I was WRONG!
The emotional rollercoaster this book took me on was devastating and healing at the same time.
This story transported me back to moments in my life, devastating, life changing moments, that I thought I was ok
Michelle Brown
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This bitch right here.

CL Matthews destroyed my heart, she twisted it in her hands and wrangled every ounce of feeling from me. This is a hard book to read. The emotion that she delivers and forces the reader to feel is phenomenal. Have you ever seen a Nicholas Sparks movie? Inhale, Exhale is right up there with that.

I had the pleasure of reading most of this book during its beta stage but things got int the way so I had to stop. I’m honestly glad I did. Not because it was bad, because it most
Ariadna Basulto
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was not ready for this book. From the blurb I knew it was going to affect me deeply. What I didn’t anticipate was that it would not only affect me, but that it would destroy me word by word, page by page in the best way possible. Inhale, Exhale tore my heart to shreds, laid my feelings out bare in front of me, and proceeded to piece them back together beautifully, yet painstakingly slowly.

To say that this book rained down emotions is to put it lightly. It was a torrent of feelings the depths
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
I am still reeling after finishing this fantastic, marvelous, extraordinary book.

I was waiting a long time to read this story and I finally, FINALLY got to read it and have to say that this book went beyond my expectations.

So much, hurt, betrayal, lies, lies and more lies that had my head spinning from one way to another. I couldn't get my emotions under control with everything happening and the shattering of my heart, it just kept shattering more and more, little by litt
FS Meurinne
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviews
I was not ready, I repeat I was not ready to read this. I am left speechless, book hangover and now seeing everyone from a different perspective. I went in without even knowing what to expect. I don't even thing knowing would've have matter at this point. This book ripped me open and had my emotions turn over and over in a twist. I needed to Inhale and Exhale at different times. It's a raw story, CL Matthews if I ever get over this I will stand and give you an ovation for making me cry when I ne ...more
Tammy Callahan
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From start to finish, Inhale, Exhale was like riding a roller coaster blind - never knowing what's over the next hill or around the next bend. It grabbed onto me from page one and didn't let go. It is as real as it gets; diving into the blood and guts of marriage and friendship. And not just that of Lo and Jase, but everyone their lives touched. Their story is not an easy one; a story that becomes reality for so many. It was as breathtaking as it was tragic. It was real and it was raw and the pa ...more
Q.B. Tyler
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raw. Gritty. Emotional. Holy Jase and Lo put me through the ringer but I love them so much. You can see how much they love and care for each other despite the obstacles they face, and they've got quite a few in their path. This book will destroy you and then put you back together. This was my first book by C.L. Matthews and I was totally unprepared for the angsty ride she took me on, but I LOVED it.
Meghan
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a painfully beautiful story. I'm still trying to process it all 3 days later!
If you love hearing your heart slowly cracking open, and if you enjoy reading books so hauntingly gritty and real, then Inhale, Exhale is the perfect book for you!
I laughed and cried and damn near fell in love right along side each of the characters.
I was blinded sided by the events that unfolded.

I am so blessed to have read such a real, and beautifull told, book about love, marriage and mental heal
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! This book was so emotional and it ripped me open and left me bare. This is a story of more than two people and the choices they make effects more than themselves. Lo and Jase love each other but is love enough when faced with the realities of real life. This story is a strong story with characters you root for. It was a struggle reading this book because I had to catch my breath along the way. The pain
Kelly
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you say about a book that cuts you open and subjects your heart to so many emotions that you think you may bleed out?  You say that the author poured a piece of her soul into the book. C.L. Matthews wowed me, broke me and yet she managed to put me back together.  The emotions in this book will come at you full force and relentless. There is no time to adapt as each and every character struggles.  It’s real, it raw and it will leave you reeling.

When you read Inhale, Exhale com
Bridget Hickey
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a read I felt like I was on a emotional roller coaster . I cried like a blubbering fool and had to actually stop reading at times,but dam I needed answer so I continued on.Such a Outstanding read with definitely all the feels and actual realistic life trails and tribulations . I highly recommend this book but keep the kleenex handy
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
C.L. Matthews lives in lala-landia with her husband and invisible friends. She wants to riot the lack thereof authentic Mexican food in her state, but she’s an introvert at heart. She enjoys tacos, Red Bull, and warm water, because she’s crazy. She’s an oddball, and realizes it’s been mentioned before, just go with it. Her joys in life consist of writing unconventional romances, making book covers ...more

Hollow Ridge (2 books)
  • Breathe (Hollow Ridge, #2)
“You’re the sweetest fucking thing in the world. I’d never be able to forget you,” I profess, my eyes never leaving her scared ones. “This is real. This is us. And if you let it be, this is forever.” 0 likes
“I’m going to love you now, Lo. Truly, insanely, and wholeheartedly.” 0 likes