Start by marking “Licks (One Wild Wish, #3)” as Want to Read:
Licks (One Wild Wish, #3)

Licks

(One Wild Wish #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  260 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
36 hours is a short spell when racing the clock.
2,160 minutes is an eternity for old friends to fall in love…

August Cruz is the only man I’ve ever loved.
He’s the one who got away.
He’s the one I totally screwed over.

Now he’s standing on my doorstep, nine years later, but he’s not the only thing that turns up. My mother’s lost diary is in my hands, and it might lead me t
Published April 4th 2018 by CD Books

To ask other readers questions about Licks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Licks

Jen
ALL the Stars

Before I get down to the oh so serious task of reviewing, let me start by saying one thing:

I LOVED THIS FREAKING BOOK!

Phew. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s get down to details.

Gwen knew she was in love with August the first time she ran through her cute new neighbor’s sprinkler. Sure they were young, but from the moment these two entered each other’s orbit, they couldn’t get enough of each other. Of course, starting out as friends and realizing you want more than that when you
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
I was incredibly lucky to get my hands on an early copy of this book. I have been insanely excited for this story and, if you've read any of my prior reviews, you probably already know that I adore every single thing that this author has written. Licks is no exception. I adored it in the same way, and for many of the same reasons, that I've liked all of her other work - but that's maybe where the similarities end.

Licks is no cookie cutter romance. It's unique and a little bit edgy. There's a cu
Tracey
Shelves: favorites
Incredible, amazing, fantastic -- and so many other words come to mind when reading Kelly's work! I absolutely love this series and I would be hard pressed to say which of the three books (Legs, Stud & Licks) I loved (yes, loved, not liked!) more. I had no doubt that I would immerse myself in Gwen's story at the end of Stud, knowing she only had 36 hours to complete her birthday wish. And let me say those 36 hours were everything and more--shocking, fascinating, spicy, surprising, steamy, se ...more
Jemi Fraser
Loved it!!!
Siskind's humour sparkles even as she rips out your heart and soothes it back into place, time and time again. This book is full of emotions that dig deep and will have you reading far too late into the night.
Gwen and August's past is complex (to say the least!) and they have to work their way through it along with a complicated present in order to aim for a future - all within 36 hours. A really great read!

*I received an ARC from the author. This did not influence my review in any wa
Melissa B
Absolutely hands down an amazing read! As soon as I received this book and downloaded, I couldn't stop reading. I was so invested in August and Gwen's story from the previous books that I inhaled every word, sentence and chapter because this read was one that was definitely unputdownable. August and Gwen's story is one of hurt, heartache, loss and yet you still get second chances, forgiveness and LOVE. Their story is filled with twists and turns that will leave you mind-blown on one helluva roll ...more
Rachel Lacey
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!! Funny, sexy, and heart-wrenching too - everything I love in a romance. Kelly Siskind has an amazing voice, and I absolutely adore everything she writes.

(ps you'll never see WTF the same way again) ;)
Shannon Moore
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the words of Fat Amy, Kelly just crushed it. Sorry, I just watched Pitch Perfect 3. From the first few pages, I was so invested because this lady created one hell of a hook. The emotional intensity is definitely a hard hitter, but I couldn't put it down once I read that. I was in, and I was going to see this journey through. I felt like I had been sucker punched, but the angst was so good. It was messy, but it was the perfect opening for the storyline and characters that she developed.

Do you
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was so good!

I loved August and Gwen. They grew up together and were best friends (who secretly loved each other) until a fateful night that changed everything. Nine years later August is back in Gwen’s life and what an amazing reunion it was! They are true soul mates and I am so happy they found their way back together.

I also really enjoyed the suspense part of this book. The story behind Gwen’s mom and dad kept me hooked. I found it very intriguing and the ending surprising.

Overall
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ★'s

“Making love to you could rebuild worlds.
It could part oceans.
Drop the stars from the sky.
Making love to you is my reason why.”

I'm always a sucker for a rock romance and this was no exception. Add the little twist of the Hero being a twin and I was sold, well, that and all the freakin' angst of course!

Even better is that these two were childhood friends...don't you just love that? All the little stories about them experiencing life together...it creates such a bond. Too bad not ever
Randi  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
First things first, I would like to take a chance and thank whoever was responsible for showing us what we all want to see on a book cover. Forget bare chests and couples embracing, musical instruments are where it's at.

Now for the rest. This isn't an easy review for me to write. The book was fine - just fine. In theory, this book checks all the boxes, a second chance, friends to lovers, happily ever after... It had the making to be a book I loved. But I didn't connect with the characters.

Alth
maggieandteddy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2018 is such a great year for me discovering new (to me) authors.
This author offered me an ARC of this book. Wow, I was going to read it anyway! It's on Amazon KU

I've been hearing about this author from my Facebook groups & also Scandalicous Blog + my friend Jen (wow, see her review!) Yep, I had to get my hands on this book pronto.
This is a standalone,but I discovered that "Leg" and "Stud" are about the h Gwen's friends Rachel and Ainsley.
I didn't get around to reading their stories, but I
Carol
3.5 stars.
I loved the storyline and the characters a lot in this second chances love story. It was an amusing, emotional and entertaining read. Gwen and August were funny and cute together, I liked their vibe.
I did for some reason struggle a little with continuously reading this and felt the need to put it down a couple of times( a book like this I will usually read from start to finish). This happened mainly for me when it seemed to get a little too wordy and repetitive in describing the charac
Shannon
4.5*

With Licks, Kelly Siskind has combined two of my favorite tropes- childhood friends-to-lovers and second chance romance, to give us an exhilarating, heartwarming, and emotional story that hit me right in the feels. August and Gwen were the best of friends growing up, but, due to a series of really unfortunate events and choices, became estranged 9 years ago. The death of Gwen’s mother brings August back into her life, and for the next 36 hours, as August assists Gwen as she seeks to find her
nick
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

I have very much enjoyed this series from Kelly Siskind. It has the perfect blend of humor, angst and romance. I have to say though that my excitement for Licks was even more amplified because of the promise of a second chance romance. After fake-dating, second chance romance is my favorite trope, so obviously I was excited to read Licks. Kelly Siskind totally delivered with this book. It had just the right amount of angst that I like in my second chance romances and managed to be very very swoo
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Growing up as neighbors, Gwen never told her best friend August that she was in love with him. And instead, stopped talking to him in high school when he started dating someone else. After a year and a half of the silent treatment, Gwen drunk texts August on her birthday, which leads to a mistake that ends their friendship for good.

Fast forward nine years later. August is a full-time musician touring in Europe, and he never got over his feelings for Gwen. He returns home to see Gwen because he
Kristin Wright
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got lucky enough to read an early copy of this still-unpublished manuscript, and I promise you, you'll want to put the release date on your calendars.

This is such a fun book and I loved the short timeline aspect. Gwen and August are old high school friends and former neighbors. They always ignored their own attraction for each other until, one terrible night when they were on the verge of acting on it, Gwen made a fateful mistake that separated them for nearly a decade.

When Gwen sees August a
Emma
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Licks begins with a very fluffed up situation, one that will test die-hard romantics; you see, Gwen has secretly been in love with her best friend. August, for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately, Gwen has very low self-esteem stemming from her emotionally abusive parent, making Gwen question August's friendship and preventing her from opening up her true feelings for him. When August begins dating and his new girlfriend adds to Gwen's negativity a divide is formed between herself and Aug ...more
Richelle Robinson
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I’ve been invested in this interconnected standalone series since the first story, Legs. I couldn’t wait to read Gwen and August’s book as their backstory was bound to be angst filled. They had been best friends growing up but Gwen shut him out and then something big happened to rip them apart. That I honestly did not see coming. Gwen is also on mission to find her birth father. Gwen, Rachel and Ainsley (characters from the other books) all have the same birthday and make a pact to fulfill certa ...more
Ri
5 unbelievable stars

This entire series has been a delight to read. I fell in love with each one of these characters and became invested in wanting to know their stories. Each of these books are a standalone but the characters interact in each of the stories. From the beginning I knew there was going to be a story to tell with Gwen and boy was I right on that hunch. I have been eagerly awaiting for this book after reading the first chapter at the end of Stud. I was hoping that the rest of the sto
Mandy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75

I liked the writing of this story and the unique way it's told - kind of in a countdown. The characters were mostly likeable though they were frustrating at times. I enjoyed this story, the romance, the steamy scenes and the epilogue. This is the first book I've read by this author and I look forward to reading more.
Jenny B
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story had everything built into it. ROmance, laughter, scavenger hunt, twists and turns. I think Kelly did a great job incorporating the history throughout the story and gave you the perfect amount to make the story understandable. THe growth that Gwen went through from her mistakes to the forgiveness was admirable. I loved August and he truly was the perfect guy (why can't they make them like that in real life).

My heart is so full after reading this and growing along with the characters an
Lourdes
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gwen Hamilton never knew her father and, with her mother’s passing, the birthday wish to know who he is seems to be slipping from her grasp. Now, she has her mother’s diary and the one man she’s ever loved at her childhood’s home doorstep.
With only 36 hours until her next birthday, Gwen will enlist August to help her follow the path of her mother’s life as told by her diary. Along the line they will have to confront their own demons, make amends for the mistakes that separated them years ago and
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
TJ gave this one 4.5 stars over on Scandalicious Book Reviews - follow this link to see her full thoughts:

Christi Barth
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my 1st book by Kelly Siskind, and I am HOOKED by her totally natural, believable characters. Well, I was hooked from the minute I read the blurb. I used to be a huge fan of the TV series 24, so the premise of this completely intrigued me. An entire love story that goes down in 36 hours? YESYESYESYESYES! It was so much fun. More importantly, there was so much chemistry between August & Gwen - the feelings they'd held on to for nine long years were just below the surface, and oh-so re ...more
Kelli
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second chance at love book was just fantastic. You could feel the love between August and Gwen and also feel the heartbreak that they were going through. The banter between them and the one liners will keep you laughing out loud. They were meant to be together and you can feel it from the very beginning. I loved everything about the book from the friends to the locations and I’m sure you will too!
J. R.
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really special. It takes place over a 30 hour period and Siskind executes it perfectly.
First of all, the beginning of this story rocked my world. It was a major "I NEED TO READ THIS, because OMG!!!" moment. It starts with our couple, Gwen and August, when they were 19 and Gwen's major total, world-class, F-UP! And so it began. (With my jaw on the floor.)

August and Gwen have mega chemistry and this book was really unique—with the 30 hour time period, to the plot and the couple's is
Tammy Cole
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been anxiously waiting for this book. After the second book ended you know that Gwen only has about 36 hours to complete her birthday wish. This is a complete standalone but it was exciting to see little glimpses of the other two couples.

Kelly once again had me hooked after the prologue. Seeing how Gwen and August last left things between them had me intrigued as to how they were going to react to meeting once again 9 years later.

Not only is this a romance but it has an element of suspense
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I was correct -  The One Wild Wish series  is currently available in Kindle Unlimited.  Licks is an amazing conclusion to the year of the three friends working on their wishes.  High school friends broke up badly and 9 years later, after Gwen's mother's death, August turns up again.

Gwen had always wanted to find her father. Her
Kahea
***5 ‘Floating Bubbles’ Stars***

I almost didn’t give Licks a go...almost.
And you really can’t blame me after reading the prologue at the end of Stud...because WHOA..I mean,I cringed.
So for a second there I was like, I’ll just pass on this one.
Then I did a mental Gibbs smack on myself and reminded my overthinking Libra brain that I am a fangirl of the authors AND it would be foolish to not finish the series out.
And I’m happy I listened to myself post Gibbs smack because I couldn’t put Licks d
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I love, love, love this series!!!

Licks was a roller coaster of love, forgiveness and acceptance. It tore at my heart strings and soothed my soul. It's a story like none you will find. It's beautifully written with a story line that will tug at your emotions. There are twists and turns and a level of excitement that kept it interesting. It's a little angsty and a whole lot swoony. Kelly Siskind does a great job of writing characters you can relate to.

All in all, a great story and a great series.

~
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in northern Ontario. When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings—gummy bears heal all. She’s also an incurable romantic, devo ...more

One Wild Wish (3 books)
  • Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
  • Stud (One Wild Wish, #2)
“We were perfect, a little messy and a lot wild. There were no rules for August and me.” 2 likes
“We were fifteen then, and I’d wanted to kiss him.
I was one day from twenty-eight now, and I wanted to devour him.”
1 likes