Start by marking “Woman World” as Want to Read:
Woman World

Woman World

The hilarious and wildly popular instagram comic about a world with no men

With her startling humor, it’s no surprise that Aminder Dhaliwal’s web comic Woman World has a devoted audience of more than 150,000 readers, updated biweekly with each installment earning an average of 25,000 likes. Now, readers everywhere will delight in the print edition as Dhaliwal seamlessly inc
Published September 11th 2018 by Drawn and Quarterly

Josie
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inserts easily. String doesn't leak at all. Wish I could have the same functionality in a more eco-friendly product though
David Schaafsma
A book based on/derived from Dhaliwal's web comic of the same name about a time in the future when men die out. Can women live without men?! Will they suddenly be different? Will they have better relationships? Of course we know that W/W relationships already exist, so we have some data on that (and in comics, from work such as Dykes to Watch Out For), but what if NO men were around? Will this make women suddenly different? What if women ruled the world?

Dhaliwal's answers to these questions are
Amelia
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've always had a hard time inserting tampons and mostly just stick to pads. However I had to go swimming the other day and stopped by the grocery store to pick some up. I picked this brand solely because it had nice art on the packaging. I like that this brand supports women artists!! At the pool, I spent 10 minutes in the bathroom stall trying to get one in, I finally did it but it felt like it was falling out the entire time I was swimming which was kind of uncomfortable... I'm still giving 5 ...more
Whitney Atkinson
I found this book by complete chance at the library and I am smashing it onto my wishlist to buy ASAP because it was SO good!! I remember reading Y: The Last Man and being so confused that in a story about all the men in th eworld dying, why would the authors choose to focus on the last man instead of women ruling the world?? And this gave me everything I wished that book was, plus it was SO hilarious. I was actually cackling out loud reading this and I would keep flipping back to my favorite co ...more
Angelina
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! Just enough absorption without being totally drying, and never leaves me feeling uncomfortable. The applicator is easy to grip. My only criticism is that the wrapping is a tad hard to open but besides that a 10/10!
Sara
It feels a bit strange to call a book about the aftermath of the mass extinction of men charming, but there we are. This book is just charming. What's the world like when men have died out? Pretty darn nice thanks for asking!

With simple but subtly impactful artwork that stares serious social issues right in the face and makes them not just palatable but downright cute Aminder Dhaliwal delicately draws her way through the lives of a small town of women just living their daily lives. We take tiny
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
It was ok. Some real funny bits and I like the art a lot. This is *very* binary and doesn't do a reassuring enough job addressing even binary trans folx to make me comfy or be ok recommending it to most of my pals. Overall, good but flawed in a way that erases me personally and many others.
Rod Brown
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super fun!

The set-up: The world slowly changed as male babies stopped being born and the remaining men died off with the passage of time. But then natural disasters destroyed civilization, leaving the surviving women in a fairly functional post-apocalyptic dystopia (or utopia depending on one's point of view) of small communities where they live and work together.

The execution: The story is told in a series of one- or two-page gag strips that were originally released on Instagram. Not only are
Hannah Garden
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Comics as a medium right now is at this place where someone will get really popular on Instagram and then get a book deal, and people can be SALTY about it, like the book deal was a popularity contest? Or like the comics only “deserve” to be free on the internet? It’s kind of a weird time for comics I guess? Idk I just got out of book club and it was kind of intense, like this book got called shallow about fourteen times and I got all red and breathless trying to say I don’t think it’s shallow I ...more
Alli
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this on a whim because it comes in a combo pack with both regular and super absorbencies. I wasn't expecting much from these comics after reading the bad reviews but these actually work great for me so far. I have only tried the regular absorbency in this box so far but they work well and are very comfortable to insert and wear. I also read other comics but those are a little more uncomfortable to insert at times and they do leak a little sometimes. I have not noticed any leaks from Woman ...more
Vanessa Álamos
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do not usually use tampons because I do not find them comfortable, but I can recommend to all of you the eval liberty compresses, I love those as much as I love Woman World although I'm looking forward to trying the menstrual cup
Kokosaurus
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I feel very safe using them, never had a leaking problem. If the package was bigger (and with more tampons), this review would be perfect.
Claire
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-harder-2019
This is a really interesting graphic novel, comprised of connected mini-comics, which Dhaliwal originally self-published on Instagram. Woman World explores a world in which men have become extinct. In it, the exclusively female community re-learns how to connect to each other, form and maintain relationships, and manage society on their own terms. Although at times too brief in its exploration of ideas for my liking, Dhaliwal is able to spotlight some really sharp observations about the way wome ...more
Claire
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sus at the potential for this to be cisnormative & extremely binary but my fears were wrong because TRANS GRANDMA !!!!!!!!!!!! I demand more stories featuring trans grandmas they are the light of my queer little life
Sprinkles
Impressive absorbency, stellar packaging, no patriarchal residue, and eco-friendly. The applicator is not only comely, but inclusive. Would recommend to others!
Lauren
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am new to Dhaliwal's work, so I was unaware of her larger web comic work. This compilation was clever, sometimes very funny, other times poignant and thoughtful.

Each page, or page fold is basically a standalone comic, similar to the newspaper "funnies", so this is an easy one to pick up and down for a quick smile.

Elizabeth A
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphix, 2019
Well, color me confused. Why do so many reviews of this book review tampons?

This is a collection of a popular Instagram web comic series, though not one I had heard of before. In this premise, a birth defect wipes out the all the men on the planet, and Woman's World rises up out of the ashes. How will women behave? will the world be a better place?

We get dropped into one village, and each page or two is a vignette about the lives of the women who live there. The very young have never met a man
Shay Monson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not usually a tampon girl, but I was pleasantly surprised with these! They absorbed super well and I didn’t have any leaks—as someone who gets very heavy periods, this is a miracle! I would highly recommend this brand of tampons to everyone, regardless of how heavy your flow is!
Chenoa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personally, I use pads. Tampons give me headaches. Therefore, I can only conclude that any opinion I would have on that particular blood gather would be extremely (and rightfully) bias.
Megan K.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was perfect. It was sweet and funny and had a Die Hard joke/reference. Anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong.
Shannen
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very absorbent, very comfortable. Never any leak issues. Never a cause for stress.
Carol Tilley
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed to help counteract the rampant fascist patriarchy
Amy!
I love these kinds of loosely connected, somewhat absurd comics. This reminded me a lot of SuperMutant Magic Academy, which I also really enjoyed. I really liked how diverse all the characters are. I would happily read more comics featuring these characters.

...oh, to live in a world without men.
Catherine
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A genetic mutation kills off all the men on the planet. While this premise makes it sounds like this is a darker scifi graphic novel, it’s not. It is hilarious and very light. It’s made up of smaller sketches or vignettes that show characters personalities and also cool world building aspects.

My favorite sketches:
The sketch where they decide on the name of their new world.
The ‘when will I be a woman’ sketch
Paul Blart, mall cop
Beyonce’s thighs
The ending
Andrea Martinez
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It does not feel uncomfortable like the other brands I have tried; it stays in place and does the job. With others, I am paranoic the whole time, checking myself in every reflective surface. However, I feel completely safe with this brand. I can go all day without even remembering the bleeding! I also love that there is a version with applicator; I know some women are fine without them and the environment... but I simply can't but them on without one! Haha So I love having the choice!
Shazia
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I loved this so much, I want more.
Sumsy
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually keep a couple in my purse at all times for myself or a friend in need. Very low risk of toxic shock syndrome. Also works great for stopping a bloody nose.
Chihoe Ho
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aminder Dhaliwal has created a whimsical gem that provides light-hearted entertainment and sage advice. There are bits where the comics don't flow as easily because of how discrete the stories are in their web form but there is an appreciable effort in grouping the comics together thematically which helps with the storytelling of the overarching narrative.

Long live BEYONCE'S THIGHS! I pray to be blessed with more.
Kate ☀️ Olson
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HA! Loved it. A serial comic collection rather than graphic novel, I adored and laughed out loud at this version of the world post-extinction-of-men. I seem to have completely missed this phenomenon online for the past years but whew, I’m so glad I finally caught up!
Becca
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, 2018-favs
I was going to send this back to the library without starting it because I accidentally released an avalanche of suspended holds as I am wont to do. But I opted to try it and read it all in one go. It was hilarious and cute, and fairly inclusive. Finally an apocalypse I can get behind.

• Boundless
  • Not Funny Ha-Ha: A Handbook for Something Hard
  • Mooncop
  • Your Black Friend and Other Strangers
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
  • Pemmican Wars (A Girl Called Echo)
  • On A Sunbeam: A Webcomic