Start by marking “Of Hope and Anguish (Revolutionaries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Of Hope and Anguish (Revolutionaries, #2)

Of Hope and Anguish

(Revolutionaries #2)

Jack and Eli have been separated for months while Jack gathers intelligence in Philadelphia and Eli spies on British officers in New York. When Jack has to take on the role of spymaster and work behind-the-scenes, Eli offers to insinuate himself in Philadelphia’s loyalist circles, taking Jack’s place.

As Eli works to uncover traitorous negotiations between a high-ranking A
Published March 5th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Of Hope and Anguish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Hope and Anguish

Start your review of Of Hope and Anguish (Revolutionaries, #2)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I think I just legit blew a gasket.

And it comes out in FOUR DAYS!!!!!!

HOW?

HOOOOWWWWW am I just now finding out about this??????

Clearly, I need a refresher course in Stalkng 101.
⚣Michaelle⚣
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.6 Stars

Guys, I LOVED the first book. Like, seriously, adored it.

This one? I don't know what happened around the 50% or so mark but it started feeling like a different book than the first half I'd just read. The dialogue between Jack & Eli (usually during sexy times) felt abrupt & a little off...like, it was only partially trying to stay "in character" let alone appropriate for the time period. I mentioned in an update that I wished the language used had been a bit more flowery/prosaic and that
Trio
The romance and political intrigue of Silvia Violet’s Revolutionaries continues with the second book in the series, Of Hope and Anguish. If you’re a fan of romantic, thrilling historical fiction then look no further, this is one collection I highly recommend. But don’t jump in blind, Revolutionary Temptation is a must be read before immersing yourself in this edition. (In fact this review has some spoilers from the first book - so be warned.)

With rebel officer Jack West making the permanent move
Cadiva
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

Argh, there better be a book three on its way because, although this wraps up the majority of the narrative, we're still not at the end of the Revolutionary War.

The pacing in this one is faster, it's more dramatic as Eli and Jack are now a pair in love but separated by duty. There's a few plot threads still left open by the end of this which need some sort of conclusion but it's still a rollicking good read.

Constance is still a brilliant solid presence in this and we get to know Randall Brad
Becca
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series and this book. I have a hard time with historical books so often because there isn't enough research and things are off. But this was researched and you could tell. It has so much to offer too. War, betrayals, spies. It's a great read through every page.

Jack and Eli have been separated for months because of this war. With the new promotion Jack has it's moved him to Philadelphia from New York and everything seems to be worse. The British seem to be closing in a
Achim
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
Couldn't say it better than Michaelle only maybe add a word about Andre: I really enjoyed having him as the villain. I believed him to be a much better antagonist than we had in book 1 - but then we don't see much of him, no real scheming (view spoiler) and somewhere on the way he got reduced to a trigger for Jack's jealousy. So much villain potential lost in this part of the series but I still have hope for the next part.
Lila Hunter
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-arc-strw
Rating: 4.5 stars

Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by Silvia Violet Books in exchange for an honest review.
Lisa
We are back in 1770's America.
Constance and Eli start off in Philly until Eli is uncovered as a spy and they head back to NY.
Jack is now taken over as a spy chief reporting to Washington.
Plenty of intrigue and interest in the antics of these 3 players.
Its only 1777, so I am hoping there will be another book or 2 in this series, although I think we did leave Eli and Jack in a good place.

And a special thank you to the author whose liasion between Constance and Randall was fade to black sex. MF in
Lena Grey
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it." ~ Catherin Pulsifer

'Of Hope and Anguish' by Silva Violet begins months after book one left off, with Jack and Eli in two different places but with the same goal – to end the war as soon as they possibly can. They still dream of finding a way to be together after all of this unfortunate, but necessary, spying nonsense is over.

Eli is still in New York with Constance, doing whatever they can for the cause. Her lat
Carra
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Since I really enjoyed the first book of this series, Revolutionary Temptation, I was eager to get started on this so I could find out how things were going for Jack and Eli. Here in Of Hope and Anguish, there’s more scheming and subterfuge, and plenty more suspense…I was constantly on alert, particularly during the last quarter of the story when I probably would have physically hurt anyone who might have tried to disturb me while I was reading it.

The emotions between Eli and Jack are much more
Heather
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With their missions keeping them apart, Jack and Eli haven't had much time together but now that Jack has to step in and position of Spymaster, Eli finds himself in Philadelphia taking Jack's place. Having made an acquaintanceship with British spymaster John Andre while they were both in New York, Eli continues to cozy up to the charming enemy Andre hoping to learn all he can but will the secrets be worth the jealousy and looming possibility of losing Jack for good?

I am going to start right off
ButtonsMom2003
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
I loved reading more about Jack and Eli!

Of Hope and Anguish is the second book in the Revolutionaries series. You might be able to read this as a standalone but I highly recommend reading book one, Revolutionary Temptation, so that you get all of the history between Jack and Eli.

Book one ended with a very satisfactory HFN (happy for now) and book two picks up soon after. Jack, Eli and *Constance are still spying on the British and everyone is wishing for the war to end soon.

Jack and Eli's relati
Anne Barwell
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I’m reading this series out of order as I haven’t read book 1 as yet but it didn’t detract from my reading experience as I found it easy to pick up on what I’d missed. However, in saying that I need to go back and read book one now!

I enjoy a well-written historical and this is the first one I’ve read set during the American War of Independence. I loved the historical details that the author has included in the story, and found the setting very easy to visualise. Eli and Jack are interesting char
Mari  Cardenas
4 Stars!

Of Hope and Anguish is book 2 in the Revolutionaries series and it can't be read as a standalone.

This book starts a few months after Revolutionary Temptation ends and we find that Jack and Eli have been apart for months while working in Philadelphia and New York. Unfortunately, time and distance have taken a toll on them and their relationship, making them wary of each other. Between Eli getting close to a British spymaster to try and learn his secrets and Jack's jealousy, and the neve
Bo
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Agony & Ecstasy

This sequel to a brilliant first book ("Revolutionary Temptation") takes lovers Jack and Eli, and their steadfast companion Constance, to Philadelphia to try to uncover plots by the British army against the Continental Army of George Washington. It also serves as a often frustrating but always eventually fulfilling love story (times two) that will grab your heart and mess with your head a bit.

Which is a good thing.

The war story is almost a background here because of the deep anxie
Donna
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Was it just me, or did this one end leaving others a little disappointed, also? Not quite sure what is bugging me about this, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of being back in the thick of things with Eli, Jack, and Constance, so I figure I won't worry about it too much! *grin*

Now, the question is... will there be a book 3? Please!!! ;D
Aug 24, 2018
Charlene
Oct 14, 2018

• Band Sinister
  • An Unnatural Vice (Sins of the Cities, #2)
  • Just a Little Wickedness (The Brotherhood #1)
  • The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turner Series, #2)
  • A Case of Spirits (A Charm of Magpies, #2.5)
  • A Private Miscellany (Society of Gentlemen #3.5)
  • Jackdaw (The World of A Charm of Magpies)
  • Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • Think of England
  • Ransom (Royal Navy, #1)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • Thief (Brook Street, #1)
  • The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turner Series, #1)
  • Flight of Magpies (A Charm of Magpies, #3)
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Interlude with Tattoos (A Charm of Magpies, #1.5)
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long walks ...more

Revolutionaries (2 books)
  • Revolutionary Temptation (Revolutionaries, #1)