Start by marking “To the Fall” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  584 Ratings  ·  189 Reviews
You know the story.
Boy meets girl, they fall in love, two kids, white picket fence.
This isn’t that story.

This is more like...
Man meets woman.  Man sleeps with woman.
Man meets another woman, sleeps with her.
And so on.  You get the idea.

I own a small boutique hotel in New Orleans, the Kingston.  I’ve seen men do some stupid stuff in the name of the woman they lov
Published March 7th 2018 by Prescott Lane (first published March 2018)

To ask other readers questions about To the Fall, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! To The Fall (stand-alone). Pierce Kingston's long & hard fall into whipped!

“I manage to make small talk while we order, even though my dick is practically yelling for this woman to ride him hard.”

To The Fall (stand-alone) opens up to the life of N’Orleans hotelier and investor Pierce Kingston after he is mandated by court to attend (sex) counseling. It follows him through his attempts and failures of abstaining from sex and complete his program. Meeting heiress and hotelier Su
Leonor
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE FALL: Is a full length standalone romance novel by new to me author Prescott Lane. Told in Pierce’s POV

In this we meet thirty year old Pierce Kingston owner of a small lucrative boutique hotel in New Orleans, called the Kingston. He’s been ordained by the courts to attend therapy against his will I might add, a discretion that’s coming back to bite him in the butt.

If we were talking about his sexual endeavours h
Snow
Damn, I need a little time to process all of this...

Anyway, this story started in one way only to unravel into something completely overwhelming and to end in semi satisfactory way...

We start with the singular POV of a playboy womanizer a boutique hotel owner Pierce Kingston who tells us his story of how he ended up in a court ordered therapy session as a part of a penance for being involved in an "alleged prostitution case" charges....

And NO, it's not what it looks like...

As Pierce explains t
Dilek VT
From the PROLOGUE:

Want to know who I really am? My real thoughts? How shit really went down? Then turn the page. But if you can’t handle the truth, I suggest you stop reading now. What follows isn’t all pretty.

Life’s funny. You think you’re doing exactly what you’re supposed to, then boom—something knocks you right on your ass.
...
We all have a story to tell. I’m here, she’s in that hospital bed, and this is the story I’ve got.

***********************************************

I had originally de
Paige
5+ “Diet” Stars

Wow. I finished this book late last night and I woke up thinking about it. I finished yoga thinking about. I cleaned the house thinking about. And I fall more in love with it the more I think about it. This book impressed me. It snuck up on me. It is going to be one of this year’s favorites and I can safely say that knowing it’s only February. To the Fall had me enraptured and pulled me deeper with every word. It’s different. It’s emotional. It was perfect.

To the Fall follows Pie
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
4.5 STARS

Major kudos to Prescott Lane for writing one of the most emotional and unique romances I’ve read this year! I was absolutely mesmerized and enthralled by this story from cover to cover! It’s absolutely unforgettable! If emotional, original, and heart-wrenching are your jam, YOU MUST read this book. My eyes are misting up while writing this review. It’s so good!

I’ll forego the long-winded breakdown and story summary and just say that Pierce is everything you think he is and so much more.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Before I started this book, I saw the buzz surrounding it and judging by the author's previous stories, I knew it was going to be good. What I didn’t know was that this was going to be a unique, heartwrenching and complex story told through the eyes of the male hero and let me tell you, it was BRILLIANT!!!!!

“My perfect length of stay? Long enough to enjoy the sights, but short enough that they don’t overstay my welcome".

Pierce Kingston is a manwhore. There is no need to sugar coat the fact
Tina
Mar 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is a disgusting piece of shit is all I'm gonna say.

If you want more info read my friend Leonor review

I will just say that I can't believe someone would write this kind of a hero, a truly trulyyy piece of shit, and call this a romance.

I am gonna puke now, bye
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

To the Fall was not what I was expecting from Prescott Lane, it was definitely more. A bittersweet, heartbreaking, unique ride that left me speechless.

Honestly, I wasn’t able to get into the story right off the bat—the heroine was not the one I wanted, so it was really hard to build an emotional connection with her when I was focused on someone else. But then, everything made sense. I'm not gonna say I was happy because I wasn't. Gawd, I'm still not happy, but I understood that for this story t
Carlene Inspired
5 Stars, because this book and Prescott Lane deserve it, plus any book that gets to me that emotionally MUST get 5 stars.

To The Fall is a standalone romance novel told from main character, Pierce Kingston's, point-of-view. It's the story of Pierce and his denial of all things love, marriage, and future...at least until now. He's the hotshot owner of small, popular boutique hotel, but he's best known by all for his personal life. He loves women, but not in the way they want. He's committed to giv
Sissy's Romance Book Review
TO THE FALL Prescott Lane is the story of Sutton Presley and Pierce Kingston.
Pierce isn't a shamed of sleeping around nor is he ashamed when women think they will mean more to him. Pierce is always up front with women that he doesn't go further than a one night stand and the relationship that he has been in with Daphne, he feels that she knows the score.
But when he gets crossed in cross-hairs of a police bust he calls in favors to help get him out of it but what he does end up getting is a cou
Rejane
I wonder what is this?? Imo.. I’d rather smell a garbage bag filled with a month worth of rotten organic food than read this trash.
This is so low is underground level of low moral. Disgusting.
And is this under romance category?? Because it’s NOT romantic.

1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pierce was the one that everywoman wanted even though he was a known manwhore and he had no remorse. For a while there I didn't think I was going to click with him but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sutton was given an awesome opportunity to take over the family hotel and Pierce has offered to help her but deep down he wants to help her fall into his bed...but the joke was on him because Sutton is different from the woman he's used to.

The chemistry between them burned slowly an
Paula
Mar 09, 2018 added it
This is pure CRAP that doesn't deserve a single rating! To Ms Prescott Lane and the publishers (as well as everyone who rated it 4 & 5 stars), shame on you! This is the worst crap writing I have had the misfortune to come across! You MS Lane do not deserve to call yourself a writer! You stink!

This is a romance???? Someone actually liked this story & douche-bag Hero who screws one woman after another - even after he meets & hooks up with heroine? I don't think so!!!!
Just Lily
Another one to stay clear of. Why oh why that again? It's like a plague recently.
Shari Kay
Mar 08, 2018 marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
Oops...thought this was a romance. my bad
Christina
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Donna
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes a brave author to start a book like this one. Getting to know Pierce is not an easy read. The author managed to incorporate every emotion possible in this story. The secondary characters were what really made this story work. By the end of this I was totally in love with Pierce and Sutton was such a perfect match for him. Best friend Annie needs recognition for her part as well. Loved it.
Jan
This is my fourth book by this author and I can say, without doubt, Prescott Lane is an exceptional writer.

To the fall is one of those story's that is cleverly written and saying too much about it would give spoilers.

Pierce is a manwhore, a guy who owns his own hotel and pretty much has sex daily, until he is put on a sex diet by his therapist, to abscond for one month from any sexual activity. Pierce tried and failed a few times and ended back at day one, there are moments with his therapist
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Prescott Lane
5 Sex Diet Stars!!

What a BOOK!!! Started this yesterday and could not stop reading it. Finished it last night. I’ve always enjoyed Prescott Lane’s writing. But this one hit a home-run with me! Knocked it out of the ballpark! Very few books have had me start and finish in one day. To the Fall sucks you in from the beginning and you can’t stop reading till the story is finished. So many layers to uncover that you can't possibly stop reading this one until they are all u
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow! Wow, wow, wow! That's what I said when I read the last page. What a great read! To the Fall is told, for the most part, in the hero's POV. The book takes place in New Orleans which almost becomes a character in and of itself. I'll confess that it took me quite awhile to warm up to our hero, Pierce. An unapologetic, cynical manwhore of epic proportions. He is a wealthy hotel owner who is brutally honest in his relationships ( or lack thereof) with women. His inner dialogue made chuckle more ...more
Tanaka K
I finished To the Fall a few days ago but I just could not come up with the words to write my review. The story truly touched on a much deeper level than any book I have ever read. When I finished reading it, all I could think of was To the Fall. To the Fall impressed me. The storyline. The writing. The characters. This book really light up my soul. A truly special book with an effortless and moving plot that pulled me in. To the Fall was my first book by Prescott Lane and what an introduction t ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
To the Fall by Prescott Lane
4 stars!!!

“I need you to be brave…Brave enough to love me.”

Prescott Lane writes a poignant read that you will not truly understand until you finish the book. While many may give up in the beginning, because, to be honest, Pierce is a total sex addict, manwhore type, unless you can see past the cry for help, you won’t appreciate the story that Prescott Lane carves. I had my little inklings as to how this story was going to go, and while I was wrong, it was kind of
Michelle Rodriguez
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reading
I was asked to BETA read this wonderful book. I cannot wait for Prescott's readers and fans to read this one, it's totally different than her other books, AND I LOVE THAT!

Review to follow closer to release.
❤Love&Books❤
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Pierce Kingston owns a small boutique hotel in New Orleans. He was a very controlling man who lived for sex and was opposed to anything related to love or a relationship. As he's forced into therapy we begin to see what he keeps hidden. He and his best friend Annie did not have the best upbringing. It killed me to read as his past was revealed.

Enter Sutton, a straight forward, tell it like it is, sassy hotel owner. She turns his advances down flat, but that's okay. He loves the chase, and she's
Prescott Lane is the Amazon bestselling author of Stripped Raw. Some of her other works include: Perfectly Broken, The Sex Bucket List, and Layers of Her. She is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, and graduated from Centenary College with a degree in sociology. She went on to receive her MSW from Tulane University, after which she worked with developmentally delayed and disabled children. She ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Never been married. Don’t want to be. Never been in love. Not gonna happen.” 0 likes