Start by marking “To the Fall” as Want to Read:

You know the story.
Boy meets girl, they fall in love, two kids, white picket fence.
This isn’t that story.

This is more like...
Man meets woman.  Man sleeps with woman.
Man meets another woman, sleeps with her.
And so on.  You get the idea.

I own a small boutique hotel in New Orleans, the Kingston.  I’ve seen men do some stupid stuff in the name of the woman they lov
Published March 7th 2018 by Prescott Lane (first published March 2018)

To ask other readers questions about To the Fall, please sign up.

Start your review of To the Fall
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2! To The Fall (stand-alone). Pierce Kingston's long & hard fall into whipped!

“I manage to make small talk while we order, even though my dick is practically yelling for this woman to ride him hard.”

To The Fall (stand-alone) opens up to the life of N’Orleans hotelier and investor Pierce Kingston after he is mandated by court to attend (sex) counseling. It follows him through his attempts and failures of abstaining from sex and complete his program. Meeting heire
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE FALL: Is a full length standalone romance novel by new to me author Prescott Lane. Told in Pierce’s POV

In this we meet thirty year old Pierce Kingston owner of a small lucrative boutique hotel in New Orleans, called the Kingston. He’s been ordained by the courts to attend therapy against his will I might add, a discretion that’s coming back to bite him in the butt.

If we were talking about hi
Snow
Damn, I need a little time to process all of this...

Anyway, this story started in one way only to unravel into something completely overwhelming and to end in semi satisfactory way...

We start with the singular POV of a playboy womanizer a boutique hotel owner Pierce Kingston who tells us his story of how he ended up in a court ordered therapy session as a part of a penance for being involved in an "alleged prostitution case" charges....

And NO, it's not what it looks like...

As Pierce explains
Dilek VT
From the PROLOGUE:

Want to know who I really am? My real thoughts? How shit really went down? Then turn the page. But if you can’t handle the truth, I suggest you stop reading now. What follows isn’t all pretty.

Life’s funny. You think you’re doing exactly what you’re supposed to, then boom—something knocks you right on your ass.
...
We all have a story to tell. I’m here, she’s in that hospital bed, and this is the story I’ve got.

***********************************************

I had originally
Paige
5+ “Diet” Stars

Wow. I finished this book late last night and I woke up thinking about it. I finished yoga thinking about. I cleaned the house thinking about. And I fall more in love with it the more I think about it. This book impressed me. It snuck up on me. It is going to be one of this year’s favorites and I can safely say that knowing it’s only February. To the Fall had me enraptured and pulled me deeper with every word. It’s different. It’s emotional. It was perfect.

To the Fall follows Pie
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
4.5 STARS

Major kudos to Prescott Lane for writing one of the most emotional and unique romances I’ve read this year! I was absolutely mesmerized and enthralled by this story from cover to cover! It’s absolutely unforgettable! If emotional, original, and heart-wrenching are your jam, YOU MUST read this book. My eyes are misting up while writing this review. It’s so good!

I’ll forego the long-winded breakdown and story summary and just say that Pierce is everything you think he is and so much more.
Alex ♈
THIS REVIEW says it all.

It's really sad they sell us that as a romance...
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Before I started this book, I saw the buzz surrounding it and judging by the author's previous stories, I knew it was going to be good. What I didn’t know was that this was going to be a unique, heartwrenching and complex story told through the eyes of the male hero and let me tell you, it was BRILLIANT!!!!!

“My perfect length of stay? Long enough to enjoy the sights, but short enough that they don’t overstay my welcome".

Pierce Kingston is a manwhore. There is no need to sugar coat the f
Tina
Mar 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is a disgusting piece of shit is all I'm gonna say.

If you want more info read my friend Leonor review

I will just say that I can't believe someone would write this kind of a hero, a truly trulyyy piece of shit, and call this a romance.

I am gonna puke now, bye
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

To the Fall was not what I was expecting from Prescott Lane, it was definitely more. A bittersweet, heartbreaking, unique ride that left me speechless.

Honestly, I wasn’t able to get into the story right off the bat—the heroine was not the one I wanted, so it was really hard to build an emotional connection with her when I was focused on someone else. But then, everything made sense. I'm not gonna say I was happy because I wasn't. Gawd, I'm still not happy, but I understood that for this story t
Carlene Inspired
5 Stars, because this book and Prescott Lane deserve it, plus any book that gets to me that emotionally MUST get 5 stars.

To The Fall is a standalone romance novel told from main character, Pierce Kingston's, point-of-view. It's the story of Pierce and his denial of all things love, marriage, and future...at least until now. He's the hotshot owner of small, popular boutique hotel, but he's best known by all for his personal life. He loves women, but not in the way they want. He's committed to giv
Sissy's Romance Book Review
TO THE FALL Prescott Lane is the story of Sutton Presley and Pierce Kingston.
Pierce isn't a shamed of sleeping around nor is he ashamed when women think they will mean more to him. Pierce is always up front with women that he doesn't go further than a one night stand and the relationship that he has been in with Daphne, he feels that she knows the score.
But when he gets crossed in cross-hairs of a police bust he calls in favors to help get him out of it but what he does end up getting is a cou
Rejane
I wonder what is this?? Imo.. I’d rather smell a garbage bag filled with a month worth of rotten organic food than read this trash.
This is so low is underground level of low moral. Disgusting.
And is this under romance category?? Because it’s NOT romantic.

Paula
Mar 09, 2018 added it
This is pure CRAP that doesn't deserve a single rating! To Ms Prescott Lane and the publishers (as well as everyone who rated it 4 & 5 stars), shame on you! This is the worst crap writing I have had the misfortune to come across! You MS Lane do not deserve to call yourself a writer! You stink!

This is a romance???? Someone actually liked this story & douche-bag Hero who screws one woman after another - even after he meets & hooks up with heroine? I don't think so!!!!
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pierce was the one that everywoman wanted even though he was a known manwhore and he had no remorse. For a while there I didn't think I was going to click with him but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sutton was given an awesome opportunity to take over the family hotel and Pierce has offered to help her but deep down he wants to help her fall into his bed...but the joke was on him because Sutton is different from the woman he's used to.

The chemistry between them burned slowly an
Just Lily
Another one to stay clear of. Why oh why that again? It's like a plague recently.
Donna
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes a brave author to start a book like this one. Getting to know Pierce is not an easy read. The author managed to incorporate every emotion possible in this story. The secondary characters were what really made this story work. By the end of this I was totally in love with Pierce and Sutton was such a perfect match for him. Best friend Annie needs recognition for her part as well. Loved it.
Jan
This is my fourth book by this author and I can say, without doubt, Prescott Lane is an exceptional writer.

To the fall is one of those story's that is cleverly written and saying too much about it would give spoilers.

Pierce is a manwhore, a guy who owns his own hotel and pretty much has sex daily, until he is put on a sex diet by his therapist, to abscond for one month from any sexual activity. Pierce tried and failed a few times and ended back at day one, there are moments with his therapist
Laura Lee
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Prescott Lane
5 Sex Diet Stars!!

What a BOOK!!! Started this yesterday and could not stop reading it. Finished it last night. I’ve always enjoyed Prescott Lane’s writing. But this one hit a home-run with me! Knocked it out of the ballpark! Very few books have had me start and finish in one day. To the Fall sucks you in from the beginning and you can’t stop reading till the story is finished. So many layers to uncover that you can't possibly stop reading this one until they are all u
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow! Wow, wow, wow! That's what I said when I read the last page. What a great read! To the Fall is told, for the most part, in the hero's POV. The book takes place in New Orleans which almost becomes a character in and of itself. I'll confess that it took me quite awhile to warm up to our hero, Pierce. An unapologetic, cynical manwhore of epic proportions. He is a wealthy hotel owner who is brutally honest in his relationships ( or lack thereof) with women. His inner dialogue made chuckle more ...more
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
I finished To the Fall a few days ago but I just could not come up with the words to write my review. The story truly touched on a much deeper level than any book I have ever read. When I finished reading it, all I could think of was To the Fall. To the Fall impressed me. The storyline. The writing. The characters. This book really light up my soul. A truly special book with an effortless and moving plot that pulled me in. To the Fall was my first book by Prescott Lane and what an introduction t ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
To the Fall by Prescott Lane
4 stars!!!

“I need you to be brave…Brave enough to love me.”

Prescott Lane writes a poignant read that you will not truly understand until you finish the book. While many may give up in the beginning, because, to be honest, Pierce is a total sex addict, manwhore type, unless you can see past the cry for help, you won’t appreciate the story that Prescott Lane carves. I had my little inklings as to how this story was going to go, and while I was wrong, it was
Michelle Rodriguez
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reading
I was asked to BETA read this wonderful book. I cannot wait for Prescott's readers and fans to read this one, it's totally different than her other books, AND I LOVE THAT!

Review to follow closer to release.
❤Love&Books❤
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Pierce Kingston owns a small boutique hotel in New Orleans. He was a very controlling man who lived for sex and was opposed to anything related to love or a relationship. As he's forced into therapy we begin to see what he keeps hidden. He and his best friend Annie did not have the best upbringing. It killed me to read as his past was revealed.

Enter Sutton, a straight forward, tell it like it is, sassy hotel owner. She turns his advances down flat, but that's okay. He loves the chase, and she's
Cc
Loved this. Definitely triggers, but it had great closure. You felt the love between them from about 70% on, it's hard to explain bc they had great chemistry before that. Some might say the h was a bit doormatish, but I didn't think so at all. She knew what she wanted and went after it and yes, maybe she put up with a lot, but she knew he was worth the work. I even felt like she knew her limit and would have pulled the plug when it was hit. That's good writing. Great epilogue.

If you want it spo
Zilpha Owens
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Pierce Kingston is an interesting character. When first meeting him he’s a bit arrogant but you can just tell there’s a softer side to him. He has commitment and trust issues. Sutton Presley is a strong independent woman but has been hurt in the past. He and his best friend, Annie, share a secret. Told mostly in Pierce’s POV with flashes to the past there’s a bit of mystery that keeps you turning the pages. It’s an insta-love romance that is plot driven.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Endorsed
  • Contracted
  • Signed
  • The Real
  • The Scars I Bare (By the Bay, #2)
  • What He Always Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #2)
  • This Time Around (Love in the Heartland, #2)
  • Cake
  • Whiskey Lullaby
  • Mogul (Manhattan, #2)
  • Interlude (The Interlude Duet, #2)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers, #1)
  • My Way Back to You (Second Chances Duet, #2)
  • Come A Little Closer
  • What He Doesn't Know (What He Doesn't Know, #1)
  • Becoming His Mistress
  • Crowne of Lies
  • Only You (One and Only, # 1)
Prescott Lane is the Amazon bestselling author of Stripped Raw. Some of her other works include: Perfectly Broken, The Sex Bucket List, and Layers of Her. She is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, and graduated from Centenary College with a degree in sociology. She went on to receive her MSW from Tulane University, after which she worked with developmentally delayed and disabled children. She ...more