Start by marking “I am Dreaming of... Animals of the Native Northwest” as Want to Read:
I am Dreaming of... Animals of the Native Northwest

I am Dreaming of... Animals of the Native Northwest

The First Nations oral traditions of telling stories and singing lullabies to our babies and children have been passed on from generation to generation.

I am Dreaming of Animals of the Native Northwest shares shares rich, cultural art pictures and the poetic cadence will bring a calmness to every child's heart.

Melaney Gleeson-Lyall (Point) is a Musqueam, Coast Salish artis
Board book
Published 2017 by Native Northwest

Be the first to ask a question about I am Dreaming of... Animals of the Native Northwest

Kara Pushay
I liked this book but I think some things could be changed to fit the story line better. The illustrations were bright and beautiful but not the right color scheme for a bedtime book. I think this book is a very touching piece for children and can calm them, especially before bed. I think the art over powers the story. The art is what grabs your attention, truthfully. Every time I look at the pages I see something else that catches my eye and has me in shock. I want to read this to my younger co ...more
Andrea Riffle
The art was definitely the main focus of the story! It was bright and beautiful and aided the reader in understanding and exploring the story. I feel as though the art also sparks an interest in the reader to explore Native American culture and art. However, I think the author could've used a different set of text to help describe the story and aid the artwork. I really enjoyed the artwork and feel as though this would be a good text to read to a child before bed. They wold definitely be calmer ...more
Tryan the Bookwyrm
This lovely board book shares cultural art in bright colours and bold shapes to introduce little ones to the animals of the Pacific Northwest.
Elizabeth
This book was a Picture Book Honor Book for the 2018 American Indian Library Association's Youth Literature Award.

I love the bright colorful illustrations! Okay, wasn't really focusing on the text (I know, right? who am I?) and forgot it was an "I'm dreaming of..." book until I hit the last page ("I am dreaming of... sleeping under the moonlight"), and I maybe wouldn't have picked such high-energy brightly-colored illustrations for a bedtime book, but this book just makes me so happy.

Edit 5/18/1