Start by marking “Loving Mae (Swamp Heads #4)” as Want to Read:
Loving Mae (Swamp Heads #4)

Loving Mae

(Swamp Heads #4)

Being a powerful and strategic businesswoman, Mae doesn't back down from any challenge. Hopping from one job and place to the next, she has a spotless reputation of dragging businesses out of a corporate death spiral.

Oliver has been burned one time too many in his life. The last time it almost cost him his company that he worked very hard for. To say he doesn't trust easil
Published January 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Loving Mae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Mae

Start your review of Loving Mae (Swamp Heads #4)
♡Tonya♡
It's Live!

I really have been enjoying this series by Esther Schmidt. Shorter stories that are safe, low angst, and with a helping of steam.

HERO~ Oliver was a grumpy, suspicious, broody guy at first. He had his reasons, and they were legit. He tried to fight his feelings for Mae but the attraction was inevitable

HEROINE~ Oliver's nickname for Mae was HellCat and it was fitting. OTT in her actions ( often with this authors heroines) she tried to keep Oliver at arms length most of the story.

SEXUA
Emily
Mae has been asked to help save Oliver's company, this is what she does for a living and she is really good at it. He doesn't want her help but she has made it clear she is not going anywhere. The sparks are flying between Mae and Oliver and it is not just about business, Oliver wants Mae but it is a line Mae is unwilling to cross or will she make an exception for Oliver?

The hackles are up between Mae and Oliver, buckle up for a hilarious ride following these characters. I liked that their relat
Neringa Neringiukas
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I so impatiently waited for Hallie Mae story. And finally it's in my greedy hands. *fist pump*
It was a fun read. I loved Mae and Ollie,... Um... Oops. I mean Oliver. See! Maes influence is strong. Lol She was smart, sassy and enternainting character. Oliver was sexy and captivating. I chuckled at his obsession. Though, I could understand it. It's really gorgeous.
And Mae and Oliver toghter.... It was like a sweet sexy dream.

PS After meeting Earle and Deke, I can't wait to see what Esther will
debbie mason
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
this is my first Swamp Heads read and enjoyed so much i turned around and one clicked books 1, 2 and 3! 7 siblings raised in the swamp and each sibling gets an INSTAlove book. Mae's is an office romance. She is one hell of a businesswoman and goes job to job saving floundering companies.
Oliver has trust issues from previous relations. His first encounter with Mae is hilarious. She is on her hands and knees, ass in the air in his office snooping around. He has mixed reactions...his mind wants her
Kim  Brewing
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
No one does quick instalove books better than Esther E Schmidt. These books can definitely be standalones as I have only read book one previously.

Hallie Mae has a MO - get in, get the job done and move on. No connections of any kind
Oliver is suspicious by nature and I loved their first meeting. "Ollie" knows the connection between them is real while "Hellcat" fights it tooth and nail. Can Ollie get Mae to change her MO? What was on the jump drive? Guess you need to read it to find out.

PS absolut
Stacy Davis
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I am finding that with each book in this series, I just love them more! I am crazy about Esther's biker books, but I love these just as much and that kind of surprised me. The reason is probably because they are so different from her others. Mae and Oliver have a very engaging and fun to read story. As with all of Esther's books, the hotness factor is also spot on! Thanks Esther for yet another fabulous read!!!
Liz
The relationship between MCs didn't grow as smoothly as I'd hoped, but it was still a good read. The H went from extreme irritation to hopelessly in love with the h within a few pages.

I loved how confident and efficient the h was, but I wanted to see her get revenge on that one asshole. Put him in his place like she does the H.

Overall a safe, steamy read. Would definitely check out more from this author.
Melissa Schaub
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear no one writes short instalove stories better than Esther Schmidt. Loving Mar is no different, Hallie Mae and Oliver have the chemistry that will keep them going for years to come. I loved the banter back and forth and really loved watching them stop fighting what was between them. I love this series and can not wait for the next book!
Stories in Review
Another great read. I loved it, my kind of story. There was just a few days separation. Worth a read. https://storiesinreview971130128.word...

Merged review:

Vfc
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Novella — A man loves you when he buys you a pet ‘rodent’ and agrees to your naming it ‘Crackers’.

Her pet rat, Walnut, died two days ago. He was very old and I guess it was his time. You might say ewww a rat or, it was just a rat, get over it already. But he was my pet rat. My buddy. Instead of a lonely woman with a cat, I was the lonely woman with a rat…so yes, I’m talking to herself.

I have been doing this job for years now. She’s very successful with the reputation to prove it. When a compan
Elysian Fields
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving Mae is book four in the Swamp Heads series, but can be read as a standalone. I have read (devoured is more appropriate) all of this authors MC reads, yet this was my first in this series. I, in no way, felt lost or like I was missing anything. This is a insta-love office romance filled with humor, sweetness, and amazing characters.

Mae is a woman with quarks and an awesome attitude. I totally want to become BFF's with her. Her job is to travel to different companies and help them through t
Katie Kavanagh
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of receiving an ARC of Loving Mae. Another amazing book from Esther!! I couldn't want for this book after meeting Oliver or as Mae likes to call him Ollie, and hearing about Hallie Mae, aka HellCat in Chester's book. These two were made for each other from the start. I loved how Esther showed the softer side of Ollie and Mae once they both realized that they were perfect for each other. Esther was able to make me understand and really feel how scared in a way Mae was when it came ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with all of the Swamp Heads books, there is instant attraction, instant love and instant heat! This one is no exception and it is, for me, by far the best of the series. I absolutely loved this book, having read the first three, I knew who the lead male was and could not wait for the fiesty Hallie Mae to hand him is ass on a silver platter. Their first meeting has Oliver seeing Hallie Mae...ass in the air in his office while searching for something.

This is a fast paced read which is why I wi
Tracy Supple
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because it’s not Esther’s normally style of writing. id grown custom to her dirty talking Bikers and Mafia men. It’s not as dirty as her previous books but in saying that it lacks in absolutely nothing you still get your hot sexy male and sassy as hell female only this time you get them in a office romance read.

For me it starts off at a slow pace and built up as the story went along which isn’t a bad thing it just meant as readers we get to see and enjoy the back and forth bant
Kathy Wideman
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the forth book in the series. However, each of them can be read as a standalone book. Each sibling will get their own instalove book. Hallie Mae is a very good at what she does. She brings companies back and gets them in the going again. She doesn’t stay in one place very long. Always jumping from one place to another, one job to another. She has a strict rule about not mixing business and pleasure. The job she is doing next could change everything. There is just something about Oliver. ...more
Linda Diamond
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG first off I want to say I really loved this book!
Mae is want every girl wants to be then they grow up, strong ,independent, successful and a take charge kinda gal, they way she talks or should I say would think had me giggling through the book. The Author has a way of bringing all your emotions out .. Oliver he's tough and very alpha but one look at Mae and he was lost( hahaha) in a good way , there's also a very heart breaking moment but that wouldn't be Esther if she didn't twist it up a
Wendy Hodges
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fiery, feisty and independent but underneath a little insecure and just wanting to have someone special to share her life with. I loved Mae's humour both spoken and thought and her sass. Oliver is very much the alpha male and boss, used to people doing as he says, until he meets Mae. Again I loved his humour. There is a small amount of angst just enough to keep it interesting, the story is well written and not very long so ideal for short reads. This is the sort of story to pick up when you are ...more
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Mae

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

Once again Esther's short, sweet and sexy novella leaves you panting for more of them delectable Swamp Heads and the man or woman who brings them to their knees. Its now Hallie Mae's (Mae) turn and she for one is not ready, as a successful woman who saves companies her motto is get in, get the job done, and get out. Too bad she insisted on doing this job for her sister in law and would hate to go back on her word but Oliver (Ollie) just migh
Jayme
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you meet the love of your life, but you are an a$$ to her and then she refuses to date you because she doesn't date co-workers? Trick her into a date, of course.

Hallie Mae (Mae) has been hired by Oliver's (Ollie) company to turn it around. Oliver has been burned with his business before and is not trusting of anyone new, especially the woman he finds in his office with her a$$ stuck up in the air.

Mae and Ollie fight their attraction to each other and Mae's family "curse" of f
Melissa
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have I ever mentioned that Swamp Heads was the first series of Esther’s that I read. Well it was and I’m just as greedy, when it comes to a new Swamp Heads book as I am with every other books/series of hers. Hallie Mae is a woman after my own heart, she’s just plain awesome, feisty, driven and more than a match for Oliver aka Mr Rude (you are going to love how that came about bwahahaha). This family and their mates will have you laughing, panting (oh the boys yum yum) and wondering how many cold ...more
Danielle Marlowe
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving Mae was a great story. Esther E. Schmidt did a fantastic job on this story. Loving Mae was well written and had a great plot and characters. Oliver and Mae were wonderful together. Oliver is strong, smart, possessive, sexy and obsessive. Mae is smart, sassy, beautiful, strong and feisty. These two were made for each other. They shared an instant connection. The chemistry between them was off the charts, it was sexy and sweet. Oliver and Mae were perfect together. I enjoyed their journey. ...more
Barbara
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Schmidt has done it again. She has written a great addition to the Swamp Head series. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when the promo read Office Romance, as that is not something I am used to reading from Ms. Schmidt. But rest assured she did not disappoint with Loving Mae. The book is 100% her writing style; it’s fun, sassy and full of heat.

This is a great fast read that packs a wallop and is full of spunk. I highly recommend Loving Mae and the entire Swamp Heads Series! This fami
Michele McMullen
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this quick office romance !
Hallie Mae is our smart, savvy, sassy business woman. She is the fixer, go into a company and fix the problems to help them to continue to succeed. Hired to save Oliver's company their first meeting shall we say was impressionable . Oliver comes off as arrogant , brooding and questions Hallie's methods . Hallie is not accustomed to be questioned regarding her business methods and is not liking his tone! They are constantly at each other but their is a fine lin
Mindy McCray
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving Mae is a fun loving instalove story that I couldn't put down. I have been waiting to get my hands on this book for a while, Hallie Mae and Ollie are so worth the wait!

When I think of Swamp Heads, first thing that comes to mind is Berti's Snap & Wrap gator farm. We don't see the gator farm but instead an office romance. I was very intrigued and not what I have come to expect from Esther E. Schmidt.

If you like instalove where the characters have scorching chemistry, I highly recommend thi
Ashley
Shelves: favorites
I love these swamp head stories. Mae and Ollie are the perfect couple and suit each other perfectly. I love when an over the top alpha and strong heroine come together! It was a fast paced romance and I cannot wait for Zeke's story next!! Esther has done done it again!! You always know when you read her books you will get a strong heroine and an alpha hero who will do anything for his woman! No cheating and no other women.

*Received an ARC*
Kelly w/ BOOKS to LUST BY
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 FANTASTIC stars for this book.

This book is absolutely terrific!!!

Oliver is so hot and sweet. His love for his woman is strong. He just needs to convince Mae that her's is the same.

Mae is such a strong character. She is very independent. Change does not come easy for her.

When Mae is forced to work with Oliver, their chemistry explodes. While Ollie embraces it, Mae fights it. Can he win his girl?

This is book 4 of the Swamp Heads series.

Esther Schmidt nailed it again with this book.
Barbara Ingram
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
✯☆‿➹⁀☆☆5 Walnut and Crackers Stars✯☆‿➹⁀☆☆

I loved this sweet and romantic romp of a tale from Esther Schmidt! Ollie and Mae's instalust turns into instalove and sweeps the reader right off their feet! Spend a couple hours reading this delightful story that includes some scheming detective work, steamy showers, revenge, and Walnut and Crackers (you will know who they are afterwards). 1-click to begin your journey!

Nancy George
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Swamp heads series. Loving Mae is a awesome book. Mae is so driven that she isn't going to let anyone stop her. She likes to keep moving and fixing. Then she meets Ollie, who is just as stubborn as Mae is. Fireworks explode. Do not miss this book. Esther writes them hot and perfect.
Latifa Morrisette
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much. Each book follows a different sibling and its finally Hallie Mae's turn. Hallie Mae can turn around a company headed for financial disaster bit her latest client is wanting a lot more than his company saved. Oliver and Hallie Mae are made for each other and have a case of instalove for each other. I can't wait to read Zeke's book!
Phyllis Wolford
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book you’ve got a woman who is good at her job and a guy who is trying to keep his business up and running.
Mae and Oliver fight and argue over everything, but are falling in love with each other, just like Mae’s siblings fast and hard.
She tries to fight it but can’t,he try’s to fight it but he can’t.
In the end they can’t do without each other.

• Kage (Peril's End MC #1)
  • The Major's Welcome Home
  • Loyalty Card
  • Until I Saw You
  • Until You're Mine (Happily Ever Alpha)
  • Until Arsen (Daniels Family, #1)
  • Angie's Gladiator (Icehome, #5)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Until Avery
  • The BEARly Controlled Grizzly (Bear Clan #1)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Spider (Hades Abyss MC #1)
  • Liam (Devil Souls MC #4)
  • Devil Souls MC Bundle: Books 1-4
  • Until Leo
  • Until Mallory
  • Link (Dragon Riders MC Book 1)
Esther E. Schmidt is an USA Today bestselling author who loves to write MC (biker) series, Mafia Romance series, PNR series, contemporary romance series, and more. She's a graphic designer that also loves to write. She released her first series "Areion Fury MC" in October 2015. Esther lives in The Netherlands with her family, three daughters, and a crazy iguana. She loves to write about bad boy Al ...more

Swamp Heads (6 books)
  • Cyrus (Swamp Heads #1)
  • Claiming Elsie (Swamp Heads #2)
  • Chester  (Swamp Heads #3)
  • Cross Ties (Swamp Heads #5)
  • To Live, To Love (Swamp Heads #6)

News & Interviews