Start by marking “Flash Point (High Sierras, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flash Point (High Sierras, #1)

Flash Point

(High Sierras #1)

For Emmaline Kincaid, Police Chief Bradley Gallagher makes hating cops…problematic.

Stalwart, honest, a stand-up guy – high praise, right? Wears his jeans just right, single – just about everyone in Hangman’s Loss, the quirky little town in the Eastern Sierra, considers Police Chief Bradley Gallagher a catch. Yet, new resident Emma Kincaid is determined to keep him at arm'
Kindle Edition
Published February 8th 2018 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Flash Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flash Point

1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Small town feel, big time emotion…

When an inheritance brought Emma back to a place that felt like home, she didn’t know what to make of the unexpected challenges she faced and the local police chief who was determined she didn’t face them alone. Brad was a salt-of-the-earth, small town police chief with a big heart and an attitude that wore Emma down in the best of ways. He had a mission, her, and there was no veering away from it. Emma was just going to have to get used to him worrying about he
Jennifer Oloughlin
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Flash Point. It was sweet at points and spicy at others. Brad and Emma’s story is one I will be reading over and over again.

* I read an arc
Pat Rathmann
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A VERY IMPRESSIVE FIRST READ

This author created such fantastic characters, each with very distinctive characteristics and strengths. Each person brought their own unique contribution to the overall adventure and to make this story a captivating read. The main female in this particular story comes to town when she inherits her uncle's business. She has a dark and insecure history but is looking to settle down and start a new life. An attraction develops between herself and the sheriff. She suffer
M. Anderson
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book that I could not put down.

Brad and Emma’s story was woven with a masterful combination of suspense and romance.

All the characters were mapped out with great precision and I felt like I knew them as I read this book.

The storyline was rich and descriptive and from the time I began reading, I could not put it down.

Truthfully, I usually read romances with a lot of very strong sexual content but while reading this book, the storyline was so good and consistently kept me engrossed from beg
Carole Jarosz
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keep them guessing

Love, couple and family great combination. Throw in a few crooks made great reading. The heroine keeps you on your toes.
Tena
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read! Romance and suspense with laugh out load moments. Learning to trust again can be very hard. When life takes you in a different direction you have to learn to trust your instincts and the people who want to help you. A nice read that you will not want to put down.
S. R. Lewis
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable characters and suspense

This is the first book I have read by this author. I really enjoyed the writing, the flow of the story, the characters, and the suspense. I will read more by this author. An entertaining book with a happy ending.
Marie Vayer
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon
This was my first book by this author, the Amazon write up caught my attention and with it being only .99 I snagged it. WOW! loved it. great characters, interesting story with enough going on that kept you interested but not too much to lose the focus of the main story. I bought book 2 and I gave it a 5 star as well, I can't wait to snag book 3 & 5, but what happened to book 4?
Sharon Exler
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New favorite author

First time reading this author but defiantly won't be the last. Was hard putting this book down before it finished. Good mystery, good love 💘, riveting read.
Jane Wildfire
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

It has been a long time since I have been captured in a book that I just couldn't put down. Diane Benefiel is a great writer that will hold your interest until the end.
Ria Restrepo
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Flash Point, Diane Benefiel has written another gripping romantic suspense novel that is impossible to put down.

After inheriting her beloved grandfather's cabin resort in the High Sierras, Emma Kincaid is looking for a fresh start. She has always loved the rustic, lakeside haven filled with fond memories. But getting the business running again is far more challenging than she ever anticipated. From arson to vandalism, Emma faces down one obstacle after another—all while trying to avoid the to
Jacqui Norris
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Diane Benefiel has written a story that captured me from page 1. Her ability to tell a story that makes you want to keep reading is incredible. This time her story focuses on Emmaline Kincaid or Emma. She has just inherited her grandfather’s fishing resort. She has no idea what to do but vows to make it work. With a little elbow grease and the help of new friends, she starts rebuilding what her grandfather started and a place she has fond memories of. Unfortunately, someone in the sma ...more
Sharon Grow
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had never read any books by Ms. Benefiel, but as soon as I read the summary and sample of this book I knew that I had to read it. This is the type of story that keeps you turning the pages as well as moving you through every emotion possible. Emmaline Kincaid has inherited her grandfather’s cabins in the town of Hangman’s Loss in the Sierras. She was not able to be with him when he passed, but remembers the many summers she spent with him. As soon as she arrives, the police chief, Bradley Gall ...more
Coffee Chat
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, romance
Flash Point really surprised me. It's not what I was expecting but I really enjoyed reading it. It's a fun easy read that captured me from the start. Emma Kincaid receives an inheritance from her grandfather that brings her to the small town of Hangman's Loss. There she finds mystery, drama, suspense, friends and romance. Brad Gallagher is the police chief of the small town and finds Emma interesting from thier first meeting. The chemistry and romance between Emma and Brad developes slowly as th ...more
Denise Van plew
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one was a surprise read for me. I knew it would be interesting but it also turned out to be very captivating and good. The characters-Bradley and Emma were very warm and able to spin their tale very well. She meets him in a funny way with it then going on with me in her corner. You soon learn that this is more than meets the eye with danger also growing to rear its ugly head. Other characters will come along to give this a full body to it. Romance will bloom with it telling its own story on ...more
Teresa Reitnauer
A book you won't want to put down. It is full of suspense, action, and romance. Brad and Emma have great chemistry, and they are very believable characters. I truly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from this author.
Libby Waterford
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma and Brad are an irresistible couple. They each have their demons, but they are so much stronger together than apart. I loved visiting the High Sierras with this wonderful, readable romantic suspense. Love this author!
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
Diane Benefiel takes us on a story filled with mystery, suspense, and action as we try to solve what is going on in the small town of Hangman's Loss.

His entire life Chief Bradley Gallagher has always taken care of everyone. He is the go-to man when it comes to anything going on in his town. He runs a tight ship but always gives everyone the benefit of the doubt.

When the beautiful Emmaline Kincaid shows up he quickly realizes that she is the one he has been waiting for. Not only has fallen for
Gayla Maypole
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This a pretty good mystery/romance.

I liked all the characters and felt that they were well developed and believable.

The dialogue is witty an also well done.

The setting is described so perfectly that I could picture the little town.

Well edited, no typos or autocorrect misses.

It’s a slow build on the romance, which is nice. I thought it was especially reasonable that he respected her boundaries because of her past. Doubly so because he is a cop and would know these things.

No explicit sex scen
Chanel
This books includes suspense, romance, and family love. Brad, the Police Chief, is a real stand-up guy and he has a thing for the new girl in town, Emma. Due to Emma's past, she is not fond of anyone in law enforcement. Brad is a hard guy to ignore, even for Emma. When Emma finds herself as a targeted by some unknown person, she ends up depending on Brad. No surprise, these two end up in bed. So over-all this is a good read, but nothing new. 3.25 Stars.
Renee Magrum
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

While this is a romance, the story-line is more intricate than a lot of romances. Emma is a very interesting character. Her growing-up years were full of difficulties which greatly influence the way she faces today's challenges. Brad is a hunky Chief of Police whose natural response is to help anyone who asks. The chemistry between these two is electric! Very interesting. Enjoy!!
Elizabeth
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a true page-turner for me, which is surprisingly rare these days. While the male protagonist comes on a little heavy very quickly, I could also relate as my husband was also quite decisive very early in our relationship. My only complaint would be that the last 50 pages seemed a little rushed along with a TON of things happening. I would have preferred a little more depth of understanding before the summary of events ending. All in all, though... REALLY good.
Rose Ann
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable .

First book by Ms. Benefiel I have read and will read more by her. Great story my only problem was how quick Brad fell for Emma. Didn't seem realistic. When he wasn't being so pushy I enjoyed the book. Also the lovemaking scenes didn't carry on for paragraphs at a time. Looking forward to reading the next in this series.
Jan Locke
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding home

Hangman's Loss is a quaint, beautiful mountain town where you can find a safe life among honorable friends. Mostly. There are also people filled with greed and a lust for power (& it's not even near DC). A lonely newcomer comes to town and it sets off drama from every direction. I loved this well-written book! Already bought the next in the series.
Betty Reynolds
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was wonderful! I have a new favorite author! The characters are well developed and the romance between the couple, Brad and Emma, is believable. The suspense is high and keeps you turning the pages. I loved this book so much I bought the next book in the series, so I could stay in the High Sierras.
Diane
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
Adrienne
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I enjoy romantic thrillers! This will leave you guessing until the very end as to who is behind all the trouble Emma and Brad have to face!
Leona Carter
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Liked the story of good people in a small community looking out for each other. The main characters were realistic.
Rebecca Holthaus
I can't wait

to read the next installment! Truly likable characters, criminals to add some intrigue, and a sweet romance, without graphic and unnecessary erotica.
Kim
Feb 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Growing up in Southern California, Diane Benefiel has been an avid reader all of her life. She has enjoyed a wide range of genres, from westerns to fantasy to mysteries, but romance has always been a favorite element. She likes writing romantic suspense because she can put the hero and heroine in all sorts of predicaments that they will have to work together to overcome. Check out her website at h ...more

High Sierras (5 books)
  • Dead Giveaway (High Sierras, #2)
  • Already Gone (High Sierras, #3)
  • Rescued
  • Deadly Purpose (High Sierras, #5)