Start by marking “Ripped” as Want to Read:

Tripp Anders.
Formerly the best surfer in the world. Still Longview, Florida's most famous son. And, starting this week, my boss.
My boss at my summer job. A job my parents made me get. A job my parents made me get because I hadn't left the house since I moved home six months ago.
After my divorce.
I'm in my thirties, by the way.
…Yeah.
I thought trying to fit into a Hot Beach o
190 pages
Published February 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ripped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ripped

Siobhan
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ripped is the perfect read for any romance fans looking for a fun quick read, one they can complete in no time at all yet will enjoy. I’ll be completely honest, this isn’t quite a full four-star rating, but it was so close I had to round it up.

Ripped is a story filled with fun and wit, one that sucks you in quickly. The characters are fun, the town is interesting, and the storyline keeps you wanting more. It is a simple story, one that does not require you to use too many brain cells, but every
Nicole Smith
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This book took some unexpected turns that I did not see coming. I was a little iffy about Tripp. He's not the typical hero that calls to me, but he surprised me once I really get to know his character. He does have a habit that is a turn off, but then he has a surprising nerdy quality that I share with him so he can't be too bad. I have to say that was my favorite scene of the book because it was so unexpected. This isn't usually the book that I'm drawn to, but I I'm glad I read it beca
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ripped is a wonderful example of what can come from taking chances on life and love when two lonely hearts meet for fun and emotional ties form. Bobby is a lonely divorcee trying to figure out what to do now. Tripp is the local celebrity who is also lonely and is getting pretty fed up with life. Bobby is pretty much all over the place, but I can understand. She just lost her husband, her friends, basically her whole life. She moves from Seattle back home to Florida and is stuck in a rut. Tripp w ...more
Lady Heather
3 stars

I enjoyed this book.
I liked the characters and story.
But, for me the last 10% of the book kinda confused me.
It was like I was reading a whole other story.
It was good, but totally unexpected.

"I voluntarily read a copy of this book which was provided by the author."
Mary Helen
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I just finished Ripped by Jake Irons and I loved it. There were several things which were completely refreshing to his story which made me keep reading.

First, Jake gives us two characters who have had to make a life change due to external circumstance. They're both a bit in limbo as they try to find direction. Why did I like this? Because it wasn't the standard 'one character has his act together while the other tries to find hers.'

Second, Jake throws us a modified May-December romance. I say
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books

Bobby is a divorced woman living in her parent's guesthouse. She is a confused woman who is just trying to make it day to day. Tripp is a former professional surfer who now owns his own life guarding company. He is now the cocky, famous, hometown celebrity. When they meet one day at the the lifeguard stand, they both realize they are trying to find themselves in this world. As their relationship develops, a twist of events threatens that bond. This surprise twist adds some excitement and suspens
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..I enjoyed the story however I didn't feel we really got an ending, I am hoping Mr. Irons writes more about Trip and Bobby, I felt as if it left us with questions. So we meet Bobby who has just divorced and she is lost, she had devoted her energy in her marriage and who she was. Bobby is now working as a life guard for Hot Beach, she older than the normal crowd and knows this is not something she will continue to do, she just has no clue what she is going to do o ...more
Michelle
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the blurb and excerpts given tickle along the hot and steamy parts of Ripped, that's not what truly drew me into the story-line. Bobby suffers from depression and anxiety, rightly so, after spending eight years being emotionally drained by her ex, Kevin. Side note: There is a banter on those who are named Kevin and it made me laugh, a lot. My second (ex) husband's name is Kevin. Was like I was reminiscing about the inner turmoil as I read.

Tripp, while several years younger, brings fun and
Misty Sulouff
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a new reader to his books, I was impressed. Well written with great characters. Bobby is a divorced woman who moved back to her hometown. Tripp is the town hero and former surf champ. Of all the places Bobby could get a job at, it just happens to be with Tripp, AKA " the perfect male specimen." It's been a while for her but she soon realizes what she's been missing out on. Is it a fling or can they be more than "friends with benefits?" I'm looking forward to reading more of his work. This is ...more
Crystal
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: february-arcs
First off, I love this cover it is very eye catching and I love the colors that were picked.

This is my first book by author Jake Irons and it was ok. The writing was a bit different from me and I am not sure yet what how I feel about it. It wasn't horrible, just I don't know if I cared for it to be honest.

What drew me into this book was the cover as well as the blurb, however, that is about all that I loved about it. I didn't really get into the romance between Bobby and Tripp. I don't know, I
Jenny
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ripped

First time reader and I thoroughly enjoyed this rollercoaster ride. Excellent characters and interesting plot twists! Love a little action with some drama!
Bec
Returning home to Florida after her divorce has been hard for Bobby Smith. But with a new job and her boss making it hard to resist him, she might just find herself falling for the same kind of guy as her ex-husband, which could prove costly since Tripp Anders is used to getting what he wants and what he wants is Bobby. Will Tripp prove her wrong in that he's nothing like her ex, or will she walk away from her second chance at happy ever after?

This book had its ups and downs for me, so it's hard
Nightbird Novels
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Bobby Smith is at a crossroads in her life when her marriage ends and she decides to move back into her parents house. She gets a job working at a local beach business owned by former surfing sensation Tripp Anders.

Tripp's life is without purpose now that he is retired from surfing. Owning several businesses and being a local celebrity are starting to lose their appeal and he's just... bored.

Bobby and Tripp shouldn't work. She's six years older, divorced and living with her parents. He has a to
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
Jake Irons is a new to me author so I was really excited to read Ripped, I mean hot and famous surfer... How could I not be? It was a real fast read for me, especially because I'm a fan of having a second chance in life and love romance.

Tripp Anders has it all, the fame, the fortune, and a business that has him side by side with beautiful life guards. Tripp may have everything, but he lacks for something in his life and finds that in his very attractive and more than a few years older employee.
Corrie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jake Irons is a new-to-me author so I really had no expectations as to what I was going to be reading. Ripped was about a woman who is newly divorced and heads home to regroup her life and finds herself working for the town's surfing celebrity. Unexpectedly they find themselves in a friends with benefits, with possibly more situation.

I think what intrigued me about this story was the second chance at a life idea for Bobby...and it's not really one she envisioned for herself. Being able to just l
Liz
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ripped by Jake Irons was a book of second chances of sorts. Two people who lost so much and just wanted to find their way and accomplish more.

Bobby’s life has changed, and she is trying to figure out her next steps. She is back home after her divorce and feeling a bit lost. So, she gets a job to get out of the house, at her parent’s insistence. Not exactly where a woman in her thirties wants to be.

Tripp Anders was a former surfer known for his great abilities and though he is now retired, he i
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
3.5 Review!

Ripped is my first book I have read written by Jake Irons. I have read with previous reviews on his other books that he has has a unique quality with his writing. After reading Ripped, I definitely agree with what other readers are saying. I definitely had fun reading this story. My heart was sad for Bobby at the beginning as she was trying to emotionally and physically adjust to the sudden change in her world. Living day by day she finds herself working as a lifeguard for the infamou
Kristina Montigny
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a newbie to this author and I have to say, I really enjoyed this book! I think one of my favorite things about this book was the banter between Bobby and Tripp. Yea, so they had a...8 year age gap...give or take, but if Tripp was older than Bobby, no one would GAF. They seemed to really connect, and they were both in a similar state of mind when meeting...which wasn't the best, but they were exactly what the other needed.

To me this was a light, fun, read. There are a few serious parts in th
CDBW
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc
3 Crazy Ass Stars!!!

Jake Irons is a new-to-me author. I liked the premise of the story. I was into it and then the ending kinda threw me for a loop. It was totally unexpected and didn't really fit into the storyline. And then it was left a bit unresolved. I wanted more details on what happened after the incident to the perpetrators. There also seemed to be a lot of holes in the story where more details were needed in those parts.
I also felt the ages of the characters were just off. I get the wh
Juli
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.75 Stars

The blurb it what drew me in, however, it is somewhat misleading especially the description of Tripp. Bobby and Tripp were very woe is me characters and that never changed throughout the book. Bobby just moved back in with her parents after a nasty divorce and Tripp is the rich boy who hates all the fame his career brought now that it is over. I couldn’t connect with the characters they just seemed so self involved and immature especially a certain scene with Tripp and Bobby after a fi
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
3.5 Stars!

Jake Irons is a new to me author and I was pleasantly surprised for the most part. The synopsis is what really drew me in with this story and what this book gave was pretty good but lacking a bit at the end. I loved the idea... and the premise seemed to be killer but the execution confused me at times, leaving me wanting just a bit more.

Told in dual point of views, we delve into the lives of Tripp, a retired surfer, and Bobby, a divorcee trying to find herself again. What goes from agg
MsquaredBookBlog
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Ripped by Jake Irons is a standalone romance novel. It is the first story I’ve read from this author and I really enjoyed it! It made me laugh out loud many times throughout the book and took some unexpected turns that I didn’t see coming.

Bobby is a thirty-something recently divorced woman who moved back in with her parents. She takes a job at Hot Beach where she meets her boss Tripp who is the local town celebrity. They both are at low places in their life with Bobby trying to move on
Cindy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Jake Irons is a new to me author. And while I really liked the concept of the story. I was a bit let down by the ending, and at times felt the story was rushed. The whole kidnapping scene just felt really rushed. Another thing that bothered me was the drug use. The pot was OK to a point, but the coke just felt like it really didn't belong in this story.

Now I must say I did enjoy the progression of Tripp and Bobby's relationship. There were some really funny laugh out loud moments, and I really
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
First read by this author.

Booby is trying to figure out her life, recently divorced and returned to her parents home to regroup, she finds her self working as a life guard. Her boss is a local celebrity and all round party boy. She knows that this is just a set back and needs to her her life back on track by the end of the summer.

From his social media Tripp appears about as deep as a puddle, for Tripp and ex champion surfer.. his life is a ‘front’ his party boy image a joke along with his celeb
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Jake Irons. It was a different ttake on a may December relationship which I normally dont like but I liked it in this book. Bobby going through a rough patch living with her parents again after just getting divorced and 30. Her parents force her to get a job and she has an instant connection to her boss trip who is younger than her. Tripp life is in limbo also so it was nice to see them figure things out together. There was a couple things I didn't like like the drugs w ...more
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, ann-s-reviews
This was my first Jake Irons novel, and I have to say he did not disappoint. I'm already waiting for the next one. Ripped is a romantic wild fun witted story that pulls you in quickly and doesn't let go. Characters were well developed; the town was interesting, to say the least. Irons know how to keep the reader wanting more. I'm happy to say though this was my first it will not be my last. Great job Irons and keep up the excellent work.
Sassy Southern
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story wasn’t what I expected, I pretty much just expected some big alpha guy trying to woo a woman but instead I got a surfing champion falling in love with one of the life guards at his resort. It was pretty interesting and a pleasant surprise. The first couple of them working together were funny and it endeared me to the pair immediately. Story was sweet and well written. I give it 4 stars.- By Tiffany
Lee Lane
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Tripp is not a typical main character. He's more about the fun. Outside of surfing, he spends his life drinking and partying.

And Bobby isn't your typical heroine. She's a divorced, confused woman who finds herself working for Tripp.

The sparks at first are not the fun kind. She is no fan of Tripp! However, the sparks catch fire and now the fun starts.

There are a few twists and turns late in the book that will take you on a fun ride. And there is your HEA of the Tripp variety.
Bunni Crawford
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this five stars, because, this book was written for "grownups". Smart, funny, adventurous. Bobby and Tripp are great characters. Their chemistry is great. Deep and intellectually stimulating. (the secret to life, the universe and everything) I'm over stating my case a little, but it's a great read. Highly recommend. I was given this book to read and this is my honest opinion.
Lauren
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve read books by Jake Irons before and thoroughly enjoyed them. This one was no different! The writing was good, the characters were great and I really did enjoy this read. I would have liked more at the end as I felt it finished a little abruptly but as a short, quick read then this definitely fits the bill.
As always I’m excited to read more from Mr Irons!!
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Off Script
  • Feels Like Home
  • Grace Between Mercy
  • Score (Boston Terriers, #6)
  • Dirty Scandal
  • Character Flaws
  • When Stars Burn Out
  • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
  • Love & Ink
  • Sexy Beast
  • Dr. Hottie
  • Fifteen Nights
  • Covet (Sinful Secrets, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unacceptables MC, #3)
  • Watch Me Follow
  • Spicy Sweets (A Taste of Love, #4)
  • Discovering Stella
  • Want (Ryder Brothers, #2)