Start by marking “Bittersweet Always (Gray Springs University, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Always (Gray Springs University, #2)

Bittersweet Always

(Gray Springs University #2)

Toby Hawthorne was an enigma.
One I didn’t factor into my college plans.

I wasn’t looking for love.
I wasn’t not looking for it either.
And in that state of in-between, he found me.

Unaware of the battle he fought everyday, I fell fast.
By the time I found out, it was too late.
Because I wanted everything.
Every broken, lost part of him.

I knew I couldn’t fix him.
I could only love
ebook, 1st Edition
Published May 4th 2018 (first published May 2nd 2018)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

’BITTERSWEET ALWAYS:’ Is the second book in Ella Field’s ‘Gray Springs University’ series.. This is Pippa James and Toby Hawthorne’s story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I for one was ecstatic when Ella announced that she was going to take us back to Gray Springs University to get to know Pippa and Toby more and hopefully to spend more time with Daisy and Quinn which we did do and I loved every minute of my time with these past characters.
Pippa is
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

Stand-alone
LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Toby Hawthorne was an enigma.
One I didn’t factor into my college plans.
I wasn’t looking for love.
I wasn’t not looking for it either.
And in that state of in-between, he found me.
Unaware of the battle he fought everyday, I fell fast.
By the time I found out, it was too late.
Because I wanted everything.
Every broken, lost part of him.
I knew I couldn’t fix him.
I could only love him.
But I should’ve known better than to th
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5
After I read Suddenly Forbidden, I made a vow to read every book Ella Fields decides to write. That story gave me the feels the way few others do, and quite simply, it blew me away. Even the secondary characters had an impact on me. I needed to know their story, and I was ecstatic when I found out I was going to get it.

photo giphy-182_zpsfdx4c9py.gif

Pippa's life was greatly affected by her father's mental illness. The last thing she would ever want for herself is to fall in love with a man like him, but that's exactly wh
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I loved her. I loved her like I’d never loved anything else before, and with that kind of love, comes a price. I was under her skin the same way she lived in mine. I beat in her heart the same way she controlled the tempo of mine".

I feel like a broken record saying this, but I’m going to say it again anyway: This author just has a way with her words that forces you to sit up and take notice. You’re caught off guard with them and even though you’re not fully prepared of what’s to come, you
Dri ✰
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 “You’re my disaster” stars!!! ★

“You invaded something inside me the minute I saw you, and you haven’t left since.”

Por diversos motivos, eu adiei o máximo que pude pra ler esse livro. Vi em resenhas que era uma história abordando um tema mais complexo e delicado.

Sempre que leio livros dessa autora eu fico com sentimentos conflitantes em relação aos personagens e justamente por isso fui deixando de lado, porque eu realmente gostei da Pippa e Toby no livro anterior...
Porém, resolvi deixar
Malene
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s not easy writing about a sensitive subject as mental illness is because it varies from person to person. Ella Fields handles it with respect and care. I have to applaud her for how she chose to write about and incorporate it into the story. She succeeded beautifully thanks to the two characters Pippa and Toby.

Their story resonated with me thanks to their authenticity. They felt real and so did their friendships with Daisy, Quinn, Pippa’s family and Toby’s father. The emotion was palpable t
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Everyone knows I am a HUGE fangirl of Ella Field's books. Her stories always deliver the emotions I need in order to fall in love with her characters - for them to stay with me long after I close the book. Bittersweet Always has this in spades.

Up til now Jared has been my favourite character from this author. My beautiful, complicated, dirty mechanic 😍 Sorry Jared but Toby has stolen your spot. He's as infuriating as he is endearing and it just made me love him more. A complex character that had
Paige
5 “Life Happens” Stars

I’ve been waiting so (im) patiently for this story and it was all the things I’d hoped. Meeting these two characters in Suddenly Forbidden, I knew their story would be emotional and it so was. Even more so because Ms Ella Feilds know exactly which emotions to pull and which emotions to push at exactly the right time. Toby and Pippa fought for each other, they fought for themselves, and they fought for love. And it was beautiful.

The author tackled a tough subject and she d
KceeReads
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Growing up, Pippa James knows it so well how a mental instability can affect a persons life and the people around him.

From the outside, Toby Hawthorne looks like any college jock: handsome and cocky. Inside him is a different story. Beyond his fun and beautiful exterior is a battle that he fights everyday without knowing if one day he'll ever win.

Ella Fields writes stories that crush and mend you. She creates heroes that you will love but will also hate. And she pens heroines you will look up
Bev
I was so excited for Toby's book when it was announced, I knew he had a story and a half to tell and did he ever! Ella Fields sure took on a difficult subject with mental illness and she did it with sensitivity and respect without trying to lighten or downplay Toby's issues or miraculously "healing" him.

Pippa's a fabulous heroine and just what Toby needed. I've read so many NA books where the characters irritate the hell out of me with the juvenile drama, not so in Bittersweet Always. Not even t
Karla
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

This series is getting better and better! I thought book one was the packed with angst, well, seems Ella Fields had more in store for us. Even though I was anxious to read book 3 I knew I couldn’t do it without reading Pippa and Toby’s story.

What a story it was! I love loved that the situation was so different from Daisy/Quinn but with the same feels you get from this author. The depth of this book went beyond especially knowing the serious issues Toby was dealing with. I thought Pipp
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "More than okay" Stars!!!!!

"I want you to breathe me, to inhale to thoughts of me, and for you to exhale anything that stops me from overtaking every part of you. I want …" "To do to you exactly what you’ve done to me."

I'm saying this right here, right now. Toby Hawthorne has cemented himself deep down to the narrow of my bones as one of my most favorite Hero's ever written.

There are absolutely no amount of words I can write to do this boo
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5-4 ★'s

“I will not fall victim to the undertow, for I am unsinkable.”

After reading Suddenly Forbidden, I was really curious about Toby. He was really intriguing...I just had no idea how much his life would overwhelm the story.

If you've read the first book, then you've already read about Toby and Pippa meeting and getting together. The beginning of the book is a bit redundant if you've just finished the first book like I did but it's probably a good review if it's been awhile. I just wanted m
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️

This is an emotional NA love story that deals with love in college and mental health issues. Love that wasn’t on the radar but when it happens it takes over and has a mind of its own. Pippa and Toby are two forces of nature. One that is true to herself and the other who is not because of his illness.

The course of this story is a sweet college romance. A football player meets his roommates ex-girlfriend’s roommate..... and it’s infatuation, it sweet, it’s humorous, it’s volatile, and it’s compli
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was enjoyable. I had the distinct feeling that I had read this before though. The only thing I can come up with is that we have a lot of overlapping events from the first book, Suddenly Forbidden. I didn't like that aspect of it tbh. I felt a strong sense of dèjá vu enough that I kept on searching for what book it was that I had read before. I never found it, so I really do think it was just the first book in the series -- but it was definitely an annoying feeling. O
Auden Dar
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Six emotional stars!

Gahhh! I don't know where to start! I need to take several hours to get my emotions in check!

Full review coming in a few hours.
Katerina
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW...OK...What to say now...I waited for their story when i met them in Suddenly Forbidden!!Toby..well Toby he seems like a funny laid back guy but he have so many demons in his mind.I loved him from the beggining but sometimes i wanted to punch him..Pippa is a very strong young lady..I don't know what else to write.This books is EVERYTHING!!!Well done again Ella!!
Ri
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could rate this book with a million stars I would.

There are a plethora of reasons that people read books or what it exactly is they are searching for when they read a book. It could be the cadence in the authors writing style. It could be the subject matter. It could be to remind them of a certain memory. It could be to escape. The reasons are infinite. Yet, good or bad they leave us with a feeling. It might not always be a good feeling but for that moment it elicited an emotion of some sor
Briana Pacheco
IT'S LIVE!!!! And it's 99c for a limited time!!!! US | UK | CA | AU

Bittersweet Always is hands down my #1 favorite book of the year. It was heartbreaking and beautiful and everything I didn’t know I needed. Toby and Pippa’s book needs to be read by everyone! Don’t even question me on this. One-click this baby the second it’s live. Ella gracefully tackled a subject a lot people would rather not talk about, and because of that I loved this book so much more.

Pippa was the perfect heroine. I lov
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: May 4, 2018
Genre: New Adult, College Romance
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

First, let me start off by saying that I love how Ella Fields tackled adolescent mental health issues in this book. Many tend to stay away from these issues within their novel either because they don't know if readers will connect with the characters or simply because they don't know enough about said issues. That's fine of course, authors should write what they know and what they are comfortable with. Ella F
Cindy M. Green
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honest to goodness, how does Ella do it. I want to know, I need to know how she manages to once again captivate my heart, bring me to tears and yet I keep coming back for more. That is what her words do to me. I know it will hurt, I know I will be broken and I know she’ll patch my heart back together and send me on my way like she didn’t just squeeze it to pieces. (She’s secretly evil you know). Bittersweet Always is no exception, she has set the bar high with everything she’s written before thi ...more
Wendy
OMG...loved this one !! Review to come soon ;)

4,5 stars !!
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

... "even among all the chaos, my soul will always recognize yours." He kissed my hair again. "Never doubt that, no matter what."

Good Heavens! Bitterweet Always is the kind book you just want to hug so tight and basked all the feels from deep within and wont let go. Toby and Pippa's journey ripped my bruised heart open, stomped on it and fixed it beautifully. It was utterly heartbreaking but I love every moment of it. It was an eye opener. I was touched and moved right through the core!
Yasmin
Shelves: favorites
I suck at reviews. Half of the time I don’t think I make any sense at all. But I really want to try to write an eloquent review for Bittersweet Always — keyword: TRY 😂

How do I find the right words to express how much I loved Bittersweet Always? Is it even possible?

I literally just finished this book minutes ago and I’ve been trying to figure out how to review this book, but I’ve been rendered speechless.

Ella’s writing and storytelling is exquisite. A gift to us romance readers. I think I highlig
Annette Brignac
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartwrenchingly beautiful read from Ella Fields. Toby and Pippa's story kept me enthralled from the beginning... And by that I mean from when we first meet them in Suddenly Forbidden.

I thoroughly enjoyed this amazing story. She managed to discuss issues that in today's society aren't discussed, and made them easier to understand. I applaud her strength in writing it!

There was a great balance of emotions. Angst, happiness, sadness, love, and anger with the perfect amount of humor & steam.
Stephanie S
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY!!! Ella has outdone herself on this one. I have loved everyone of her books in their own way but this one is my hands down FAVORITE!!! I may eat my words on this one day as I know she will be writing more beautiful words in the future.

I can't tell you how long I had a serious UGLY cry when reading this that I had to stop, even though I wanted to power through, to clear up my eyes. Toby and Pippa are I just have no words how much I loved them.

I am at a loss of words to give this book justic
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 GRACEFUL BITTERSWEET STARS!! Ella Fields is such a graceful author with her words. She can take a sensitive subject and turn it into a beautiful story. Toby and Pippa story is tough, but will touch your heart with all the feels. Their story had my smiling, crying, mad and OMG moments. This series has been phenomenal and this is my favorite book ever by this author. Please do yourself a favor and 1-click this book. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Na
"Because life will happen. Happen with it, but ... don't let it change who you are."

Bittersweet Always is bitter and sweet and everything in between. It's bittersweet perfection.

"How well do you really know someone? You don't."

To be honest, I didn't cry while reading this book. But sitting here, trying to gather my thoughts and feelings about it, tears are welling up and goosebumps are spreading, only from thinking about this soul-touching deep story from Pippa and Toby.

"You're worth it all. And
Caro Richard
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'VE BEEN PUT THROUGH AN EMOTIONAL WRINGER! But by God it was the best emotional wringer ever. It was pure, pure bliss.

Pippa and Toby: their first meet:
'My dad said there are moments in your life that simply smack you upside the head. Knowing, as he called it, was when you felt it. Trust it, he’d said. It’s telling you something.'

This book evoked all the emotions. OMG I can't even tell you how much I loved this book. It was just...OMG I can't even form the words! I wanted to commit violence, th
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favourites

“Let me touch your lips with mine.”

We're five months into the year and many great stories have been published. I fell in love with many of them. Unexpectedly but unashamedly. Bittersweet Always is, without question, one of them.

Ella Fields delivers an emotionally raw and heartfelt story so wonderfully and beautifully. Bittersweet Always ignited my heart, shattered it into tiny pieces and repaired it haphazardly, only to destroy it again. Over and over.

In Suddenly Forbidden, I admired Daisy's
Ella Fields is a mother and wife who lives in the land Down Under. While her kids are in school, you might find her talking about her characters to her cat, Bert, and dog, Grub.
She's a notorious chocolate and notebook hoarder who enjoys creating hard-won happily ever afters.

Stalk her here:

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/authorellafields/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorellaf...

Twitter:

Gray Springs University (3 books)
  • Suddenly Forbidden (Gray Springs University, #1)
  • Pretty Venom (Gray Springs University, #3)
“But even among all the chaos, my soul will always recognize yours.” 0 likes
“No one would love her like I would. They wouldn’t know the shape of her heart, the texture of her skin, and the color of her smile as vividly as I did. As though they were molded from the deepest recesses of my imagination and brought to life in a way that shook my soul in two. She took half, and I gladly let her.” 0 likes