Start by marking “Inescapable Fate” as Want to Read:
Inescapable Fate

Inescapable Fate

When Georgia Kentley breaks up with her long-term boyfriend Darren over Christmas, she really can't wait to return to work on the 27th of December.

The excitement dies when she meets her new boss, Walker Trent. DCI Trent is a misogynistic pain in the arse. Being a young police officer, Georgia has met her fair share of men who don't understand that she can hold her own. Eve
Published April 14th 2018 by Author Friends With Benefits

Amy
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the things that first drew me to this book was the cover. There was just something about it that called to me and made me want to seek out the synopsis for it. And once I read the synopsis, I was hooked. I knew I just had to check this book and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Inescapable Fate follows the story of Trent and Georgia. When Georgia’s boyfriend breaks up with her on Christmas Day, it totally turns her world upside down. No one saw it coming and no one was more surprised by it
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"My first Hanleigh Bradley book and I absolutely LOVED it! The suspense, the mystery, the anguish, the forbidden affair ....I was hooked and yes, I finished it in one sitting."

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Book rates: 5+stars
Plot: 5+stars
Characters: 5+starts
Writing: 5+stars
Pacing: 5+stars
Cover: 5+stars

To be honest, I never thought I would be into crime fictions in my life. It's well know that I love the militaty novels but crime? Well,
Ankita Singh
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I picked this one up for two reasons, one because I was overwhelmed by all the heavy mystery novels I'd been reading and wanted a break and two, because this book releases today, so I figured I'll get it read before then!

Though I was wrong in thinking this was just a romance novel and now I want to cry because this one has left me with a cliffhanger and I've no idea when I'll get to read the next book. This is exactly why I refrain from reading books whose sequels are yet to be published.

As fo
Gail
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
received a early copy of book for a honest review..
** warning this ends in a cliffy!!**
I really enjoyed this book.. but I did though have to dig out my phone to see what some of the words they were referring to meant.. like Bint..? I kept seeing this word and she (Georgia) would keep saying don't call me that...
This was a fast paced and easy read. I really liked the suspense aspect of the book.. Kept me on the edge trying to find out if they were going to catch the guy..
I really loved Georgi
Amanda Williams
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and did not want to put it down until I had completely finished it. Everything you need for a great, engaging read. I loved reading this book as it captivated me from the start. I was entertained by the characters and fully caught up in all the relationships. The characters were extremely well done and really pulled you into their lives.
Janine
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Georgia Kentley had everything going for her. She followed her father’s footsteps and become a police officer just like he was, but she didn’t let his influence help her get the job. She worked hard for her position. Georgia also had a long time boyfriend who was her best friend. But Georgia’s life is turned upside down when Darren breaks up with her in the middle of a Christmas dinner with both sets of parents there to witness it. Then he just walks out leaving her to face the family on her own ...more
Ruth B
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nooooo. I refuse to continue with that ending. OMG!! You cannot end the book there. I need the second book NOW, like yesterday.

Well, let me tell you what this is about. Georgia Kentley is a police officer who has to deal with a new boss right after breaking up with her long-term boyfriend/best friend. She is a brave woman who due to some events in her past has a strong shield around her, hates being the damsel in distress and works as hard as any man. Then we have the new DCI Walker Trent. At fi
Erin Lewis
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Inescapable Fate by Hanleigh Bradley
This was a new author to me and I am not sure why. When Georgia Kentley breaks up with her boyfriend over Christmas she is anxious to return to her duties as a police officer. However returning to work is not all she expected, when her new boss DCI Walker Trent turns out to be a pain in the proverbial.
Working in a male dominated job, Georgia is fed up with having to prove herself time and again.DCI Trent is no different, that is until Georgia’s
Phyl
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
If you’re into cop show you will like this. Suspense, mystery, catching criminals. For Georgia being a cop is in her blood as her dad is one. She has had a lot happen to her for someone so young so she has this fearless attitude about her, it sometimes gets her into trouble. Enter her new boss all he is thinking about her is nepotism which isn’t fair because he doesn’t know her but that is soon squashed. It‘s a good read with a mystery to be solved.
Teresa Lara
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
absolutely loved Bint and Trents amazing intense emotional loving book.Need the next one.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inescapable Fate was a good read. It started off really good for me. Georgia Kentley's boyfriend, Darren breaks up with on Christmas. I was kind of like omg, no he didn't. She can't wait to get back to work and forget about the worst Christmas ever. At work she has a new boss, Walker Trent. She works in law enforcement. I kind a felt a overwhelmed and bogged down by police rank but I could easily figure out who was the superior officers.

Georgia is a great strong character. She can hold her own
Tamara Harrington
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I could not put this book down! Hanleigh has done an amazing job with this book and I was so enthralled that I finished it in no time. The first thing I need to tell you is that this ends on a cliffhanger and now I cannot wait for book 2 to see what happens.
Georgia is such an amazing and inspiring female lead. She has been through so much but she is so strong and you just can't help but want to be her best friend.
Walker is a bit of a misogynist, but he's hot, and seriously underestimates
Debbie Fair
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is easy to read and the characters grow on you as you follow their story. It is a cliffhanger and I cannot wait to see what happens in the next part of the story. A strong young lady and a judgemental boss.
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.com

They say "don't judge a book by it's cover", and that's definitely what you shouldn't do with this one. The blurb convinced me to read this book - and I'm glad I did! Because the cover, to me, does not sell or represent the book. It's not the right fit for the genre, and I feel it does not do the strong, independent Georgia justice. (Sorry!)
There's no lack of interesting characters and this first installment in Th
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Murder Mystery & Suspense with Georgia & Trent

WOW!!!!! Hanleigh Bradley certainly got my attention with this one!!! From the very beginning INESCAPABLE FATE had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Her writing style making it so easy and a definite pleasure to read. Moments were tense, funny, dramatic and very very sexy.

The two main characters, Georgia Kentley and Walker Trent, were simply superb. Georgia is a strong independent woman, a police officer who is returning to work after a dis
Ana Soley
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect. It was the first time reading this author and I had not read any summaries or reviews prior. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The book had a great balance of suspense, thrill, and romance. The romance was not overbearing and did not take away from the rest of the story line. Unlike other romance novels, the author did a great job maintaining a strong story line. I felt the suspense first and romance later...like it real life.

The author does a great job w
Eileen Robinson
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-reads
Georgia is a devout cop, and she most definitely holds her own amongst her male counterparts. she has recently broken up with her long term boyfriend and is determined to to get on with life and stay focused on her job. Enter her new boss Walker Trent, a little bit of a chauvinist, and a little dance of romance begins.
This was an engaging story with some super suspense and was well written. Although i enjoyed the story, i found it difficult to feel the connection between the two characters. Thei
Jackie Wright
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hanleigh Bradley is a new author to me but after reading Inescapable Fate I certainly will be looking at other books by her.
Georgia Kentley breaks up with her long term boyfriend in the worst possible way, over Christmas dinner with his and her parents sitting at the table, the last thing she expected him to say was it’s over and then walk out the door and leave her to deal with both sets of parents, she can’t wait to get back to work she on December 27th and try and get her life back to some s
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit 2.5 / 5
Story 5 / 5
Overall: 5 / 5

Wow! What a great story!

I love jumping into a book without reading the blurb. It’s refreshing to be able to trust an author and know he/she will take you on a fabulous journey. In this case, I love Hanleigh Bradley’s work and just jumped in. I am so glad that I did! The only exception I would recommend is to not begin it at 9pm at night! As soon as I picked it up, I was hooked from page one and couldn’t put in down (and as previou
Jenna Snap
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Although I hate cliffhangers, this is one that I CAN NOT WAIT until the next book. Bradley wrote such great characters from the get go. And the fun thing about it, you still don't know what is going on in the two lead characters Georgia and Trent. They are so closed with their background that when it finally unravels you get more and more into the story. And when they start to get closer and closer, you can imagine how they are looking at each other and that's what great. Bradley not only makes ...more
Kari Hansen
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a disastrous breakup with her boyfriend over Christmas all Georgia wants to do is immerse herself into her career as a police officer and try to put the past behind her. The last thing she needs is her new boss, Walker, who believes she got her job because of her father and not on merit.

While she and Walker are working undercover he realizes that his first impression of her was mistaken and feelings develop between them. This story takes us on an adventure filled with suspense, twists and
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book was great, the story will have you sitting on the edge of your seat, make you mad, and fall in love. DCI Walker Trent and DS Georgia Kentley are wary of each other at first but there is definitely an instant attraction. I loved everything about the storyline.

I did like it when Walker and Georgia meet at the police station for the first time, the looks he gave her were priceless. The story builds in the way the other officers talk about Georgia's past, which has Walker curious about he
Teresa
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To describe this book as just a romance or just a crime/thriller, would be an offense to both genres. This book is all of the above and more. Read about a strong woman that has been through hell and back, only to be thrown back into one hell of a mystery. Should she deal with this on her own? Hell no, but she's stubborn and doesn't want anyone she loves to get hurt, so of course, she does the only thing she thinks is right.

But she's not alone.

She has the love of a man that isn't sure of his fe
Teri
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to see this new novel by this author and couldn't wait to read it. She has the uncanny ability to get down to the nitty gritty in her books and this was no different. There are always plenty of twist and a great plot or in this case a cliff hanger that makes your hair stand on end. Her characters in this book rival her others so there is most definitely swoon worthy stuff going on above all of the action and intrigue. Love this kick butt, confident h as she holds her own and is ...more
Jo
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this book is only 170 pages long, it feels that a much longer story - in a good way!  In the scant number of pages, the author has created both a decent plot and a decent relationship between Georgia and Walker.

Leaving aside his arrogance, (which worked in context), I had an issue with the persistent use of the word "bint".  As a Brit, I completely understand why Georgia was annoyed with it.  Particularly as a term of endearment.  And yes, I know the author is a Brit too.  But for me, t
Laurie Beemer
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great, fun, and interesting experience. This is one of my favorite books of the last six months and that is a long list. As I started reading this book I started to fall more in love with the main characters Georgia and Walker. These two meet and from the beginning rub each other the wrong way. Will Georgia realize in time that she needs to take help when it is offered in some cases or will it be too late for her? Will she save herself or will her boss come to her rescue? Thank you for le ...more
Alicia Harrietha
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inescapable Fate by Hanleigh Bradley was a pleasant surprise. This is the first time reading a book by this author and it won't be my last. This story had all the goods... good story, good characters, suspense, drama and love. I liked Georgia and her i can handle anything attitude. She is a strong independent woman and has no time for people who believe she is not capable including Walker Trent. Trent is curious about Georgia and feels she is only on the job because of her father. As he begins t ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you have to get to know an individual before you make assumptions as is the case of Georgia's new boss Walker Trent who believes she got her new job because of her father's connections. After the dust settles and all is said and done Walker has a different opinion of Georgia as they work close together and just maybe something else is brewing! I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Miss
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I definitely enjoyed reading this story. Trent and Georgia meet and they don’t get along. But as time goes by they get to know each other and the attraction they feel keeps growing stronger. This book is packed with mystery and suspense that will have you on the edge of your seat. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.

Stephanie
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great romance suspense book!

I loved beyond words the banter between Georgia Kentley & Walker Trent. I loved the two of them butting heads. Kentley & Trent together is everything. I loved watching their relationship progress throughout their journey.

My only complaint is that it ended on a cliff hanger. A great cliff hanger, but still means I have to wait for the next book to find out what happens. And I’m selfish and I have to know!

I voluntarily reviewed this book.

« previous 1 3 next »
Hanleigh is a British author. Hanleigh loves books more than nearly anything in the world; whether it's reading them or writing them, Hanleigh just can't get enough. She relishes in the way authors can create worlds with the words they put in their books. Hanleigh absolutely adores Romantic Fiction. She first fell in love with literature as a small child reading Dr Zeus. She then fell in love with ...more