Start by marking “White Sheets to Brown Babies” as Want to Read:
White Sheets to Brown Babies

White Sheets to Brown Babies

White Sheets to Brown Babies is a memoir of the life of Jvonne Hubbard, a little girl who was raised to hate minorities through the indoctrination of her father, who was the Grand Dragon of a North Carolina faction of the KKK. It includes tales of living through a lifetime of dysfunction, violence and terror at the hands of both her father and other nefarious individuals w ...more
Published March 8th 2018 by Sakshi Press

To ask other readers questions about White Sheets to Brown Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Sheets to Brown Babies

Start your review of White Sheets to Brown Babies
Jason
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book yesterday, it was very moving and I never knew the life you lived until now. Your book could not have been written better Jvonne. You really lived a hard life and now I understand why you were the way you were in school, very distant and very much alone.. I am glad you are doing better and thank you for accepting my apology. I hope your life is filled with joy, and a bicycle for you to ride when times can be hard. You really are an amazing person.

Your friend,
Jason
Cassandra
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

I feel like the book is open, but very controversial as far as making the uncomfortable topic stand out and can spark quite a few different conversations depending on people's views. As far as being the reader I could not shy away from chapters and blush at others, this is something that has to be known and in the world today the KKK is still very much alive. The whole thing is heartbreaking and mind bending, but the ending gives hope and light.
Lakeisha
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I found the premise of this book intriguing and parts were spectacular to read however I wish more focus would have been placed on Ms. Hubbard's life with her racist father. I felt like she only skimmed the surface especially since the title made it appear that a large portion of the book would evolve around her father's involvement in the KKK.
Jennifer Greene
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They always tell you to never judge a book by its cover. When Jvonne was younger, she was judged, harshly. I knew she was a good person, no matter what or how she tried to hide the truth. She went through hell and came out on the other side. This book is her story of all the years of judgement and wrong doings she underwent. She is a remarkable person and she is no longer judged.
Sheila
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

It is a very interesting book. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring story of courage and hope, showing that in the darkest moments of a woman's life, dark itself only teaches us to lookout for the light.
David Yu
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book!!!!! I loved it

This book is very well written and very surreal .
I can relate . Coming from a very dysfunctional past myself I can totally relate. This book was very motivating and uplifting . Thank you
Desiree Bowlds-hurtle
Amazing!!!!! This book is all about surviving!! I experience every emotion in this book.
Jim Szaroletta
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shows an emotional scar many will never believe exists

This book really shows how tough life can be. A real life tabloid that defies logic . Count your blessings.
Annie Connors-Buckley
Awful!

A book about an angry, selfish woman who sees in others what she refuses to see in herself. I was hoping for a book about a true survivor. Hopefully she will learn to forgive and have a truly happy life. Only then will she truly find the Peace that passerby all understanding.
Rhonda
Jul 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be interesting but I couldn't get past the poor grammar and punctuation. She hyphenated words without reason. So 111annoying I couldn't get past the first chapter.
Jeffrey Lieb
Aug 28, 2018
Reanna
Jul 09, 2019
Tia
rated it did not like it
May 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Two Paths: America Divided or United
  • The Size of Everything
  • The Pale-Faced Lie
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
  • Touching Spirit Bear
  • Hidden Secrets
  • The Boy from the Woods
  • The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Maniacal (Detective Jade Monroe, #1)
  • False Step
  • You Are Enough: What Women of the Bible Teach You About Your Mission and Worth (English)
  • The Bourbon Bartender: 50 Cocktails to Celebrate the American Spirit
  • Zebratown: The True Story of a Black Ex-Con and a White Single Mother in Small-Town America
  • Play It Loud: Instruments of Rock  Roll
  • Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix
  • The Les Paul Manual: Buying, Maintaining, Repairing, and Customizing Your Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul
  • Fretboard Theory Volume II: Book two in the series on guitar theory, scales, chords, progressions, modes, songs and more.
  • Slowhand: The Life and Music of Eric Clapton