Start by marking “Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6)

Deadly Secrets

(Detective Erika Foster #6)

To commit the perfect murder, you need the perfect cover.

On a cold icy morning, a mother wakes to find her daughter's blood-soaked body frozen to the road. Who would carry out such a horrific killing on the victim's doorstep?

Straight off her last harrowing case, Detective Erika Foster is feeling fragile but determined to lead the investigation. As she sets to work, she
Published April 13th 2018 by Bookouture

Start your review of Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6)
Maureen
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Robert Bryndza I salute you! The 6th in the hugely popular Detective Erika Foster series is nothing short of brilliant!

It's a freezing cold snowy morning, when Mandy Brent awakes from her alcoholic haze to discover her daughter Marissa's blood soaked body, frozen to the ground just feet away from the the front doorstep.

Marissa Lewis was a beautiful 22 year old, and worked as a burlesque dancer in London's strip clubs. She was well known in the clubs, and had something of a reputation in her
Chelsea Humphrey
Recommended to Chelsea by: Noelle
HAPPY PUB DAY!

As a long time fan of this series I gotta ask; how has Rob Bryndza kept us holding bated breath for so many years?! Typically (maybe 90% of the time?) I lose interest in long running series after the third book; at this point the author has usually lost their mojo or become too repetitive for my taste, but not here. Bryndza has created a memorable cast full of heart, soul, and wit that isn't found elsewhere. It's no secret that police procedurals can become stale and monotonous,
Meredith
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Deadly Secrets is highly addictive! If you pick this up, make sure you have time to read because you are not going to want to put it down!

Gritty police procedural about a man in a gas mask attacking men and women across London. This is a thrilling, intense addition to the Erika Foster series!

Unlike some other readers, this is only the second book in the series I have read, so my perspective might be a little different than others. Having recently finished The Girl in the Ice, I couldn’t pass
Norma * Traveling Sister ~ Semi-hiatus for now until I fully get my reading/reviewing hat on! 😂 I’m almost there! 💕
4.5 stars!

I am absolutely thrilled to say that ROBERT BRYNDZA has delivered another highly entertaining & enjoyable read here! I am a huge fan of Detective Erika Foster and this series and haven’t missed one yet. They are so good!

DEADLY SECRETS (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by ROBERT BRYNDZA is a fast-paced, dark, chilling, and gripping police procedural thriller that grabbed my attention immediately and held it right until that thrilling and unexpected ending.

ROBERT BRYNDZA delivers a
Christine
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 (rounded to 5 stars)

Fab, fab, fab!! Mr. Bryndza has come up with another highly entertaining read in his terrific Erika Foster series. I wasn’t as keen on the last book, Cold Blood, because much of the focus was taken off Erika and her colleagues. This time they are back and totally hog all the “airtime”, just the way I like it.

We have a two-pronged tale involving a dangerous stalker outfitted with a gas mask and the grisly murder of a beautiful burlesque dancer. I tried like crazy to figure
Debra
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

If you have not read this series, do yourself a favor and check it out. Seriously, READ this series!!! This book works very well as a standalone novel, but I highly recommend that you go back to the very first book (The Girl in the Ice) and begin there!!!! I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the Girl in the Ice and it blew me away. I have been a HUGE fan of this Author and series ever since.

This book begins with a murder of a young woman. The next morning, a mother wakes up to find her
Kendall
Dear Robert Bryndza,
I have to give it to you... you certainly know how to hook, line, and sinker ;). Wow what a ride my friends! Deadly Secrets is the sixth in the Detective Erika Foster series... and my goodness I loved it!

Having read the fifth Cold Blood in the series, I was disappointed... and it wasn't my favorite. BUT, Robert you have redeemed yourself with this one!

Can I just say how much I LOVE Erika Foster!! Between her wearing high heels in the snow investigating a murder to her
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: Marissa reached up to put her key in the lock, but the gate creaked behind her. She froze. There was a faint scrape, and then a crunch of feet on the snow. She slowly turned.

A figure in a long black trench coat stood behind her. Its face covered in a gas mask, with a hood made of shiny black leather, tightly enveloping the skull. Two large round glass eyeholes stared blankly, and the drum, or breathing apparatus, elongated the face down to where it hung just above the chest. The figure
Paromjit
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Robert Bryndza delivers a stellar addition to this brilliant powerhouse of a series featuring the determined, 'take no prisoners' DCI Erika Foster, crime fiction set in London. This story opens up soon after the last book, it is Christmas and its a desperately cold freezing day. A hung over Mandy Brent encounters the harrowing and shocking sight of the frozen and blood drenched dead body of her 22 year old daughter, Marissa, just outside on the doorstep of her home. Marissa was a burlesque ...more
Susanne  Strong
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Literally, a Scream! Now THIS is the Robert Bryndza we all know and love.

Hot off the heels of her last case, Erika Foster drives by the scene of a murder on Christmas Day and it immediately gets her attention. A woman’s cold, frozen body is found right outside of her home, with her neck slashed. Detectives Foster and McGorry investigate only to find that the body is that of 22 year-old Marissa, a burlesque dancer whose life was anything but ordinary. Meanwhile, a man in a gas mask is
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
Deadly Secrets is the sixth book in one of our favorite series and was another great read for us. The Girl In The Ice was one of the first sister reads that we did together making this a special series for us. We highly recommend if you haven’t started this series to start with that one. It really is too good to miss.

Norma and I were lost in a coulee reading Deadly Secrets with Susanne and we all really enjoyed reading this one. Things got a little rocky for Susanne and me with the last book to
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
As I've aged I have gotten horrible about reading series-BUT this is one that I will keep reading.
Because if his worst book is a three that's still pretty dang good.

*Don't think this book is bad because it is not. He just set the bar very high with his other books in this series.

Booksource: Netgalley in exchange for review
Matt
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Robert Bryndza, and Bookouture for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

Robert Bryndza is back with another Detective Erika Foster novel that takes the reader on a heart-thumping adventure in a thrilling police procedural. While headed out for Christmas lunch, DCI Foster comes upon a recent murder scene and decides to lend a hand. What she finds is a slain Marissa Lewis, her body
Ginger
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018
5 STARS!

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley.

Another excellent addition to the DCI Erika Foster series!!
Damn, Robert Bryndza keeps writing great books with this series! I’m impressed with his writing skills and imagination for all six books. I always look forward to reading these books as soon as they are published or available on NetGalley.
You guys, I finished Deadly Secrets in a day! Yeah, it was that binge worthy and I just couldn’t put the book down.

Phrynne
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, six books in and still going strong! This is proving to be an excellent series.

All of our favourite characters are back and Erika is at last beginning to face up to her future without Mark. Kate Moss discovers that being boss is not all she thought it might be. And Peterson is back with a quite remarkable secret to share. All fun and games in our little team.

As usual the book opens with a gruesome murder and it takes a lot of red herrings, good police work and some luck to find the guilty
Liz
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

The sixth in the Erika Foster series delivers as big a punch as the previous five. It’s Christmas Day, and you know things are bad when Erika is happier to investigate a murder she comes across then attending lunch at her boss’s house. Bryndza paints the perfect beginning as Erika attempts to manage the snowy crime scene dressed in a dress and heels.

The book moves along at a good clip, with no drag. This is a well told police procedural. The victim is not well liked, so there are plenty of
Zoeytron
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

A sicko wearing an old-fashioned gas mask and lurking in the darkness doesn't seem to be particularly picky about who he attacks. An encounter at a camera obscura shoppe turns into a bad scene for one of the team. A young burlesque dancer who is not above using blackmail to further her ambitions returns to the proverbial well once too often. This time, she will be the one who pays.

Meanwhile, Detective Erika Foster is wrestling with her
Linda
A darkening of the moon.....

Marissa Lewis makes her way from the train platform in South London on a late frigid night on Christmas Eve. Her heavy fur-trimmed coat provides a cover for the burlesque dancer outfit she wears beneath it. But there's no hiding the questionable reputation that Marissa bears as her footsteps pick up speed. She glances at the homes in the neighborhood where she has engaged in relationships with married men. Very willing married men, in fact.

Her keys held in nervous
Carrie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Deadly Secrets by Robert Bryndza is the sixth book in the Detective Erika Foster police procedural series. Each book in the series features a new case for Erika and her team to solve so if necessary they could be read by themselves but the character’s stories carry over from book to book for those that have followed the entire series.

In this new installment of the series a young woman is on her way home late at night alone when she is attacked. The next morning she is found with her blood
Sue
DEADLY SECRETS is the 6th book in the Detective Erika Foster series by author, Robert Bryndza and having read all his previous books in the series, they keep getting better. I was so involved in this story that I resented any interruptions. Just leave me alone and let me read! I loved this book!

To commit the perfect murder, you need the perfect cover.

Late Christmas Eve, Marissa Lewis stepped off the train to head home from a club in London, where she worked as a burlesque dancer. When she
Sarah Joint
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure exactly how Robert Bryndza does it, but this series just doesn't get old! If you haven't checked it out yet, what have you been doing? Start at the beginning. I think it's possible to read these as standalones, but there's so many little details and character quirks that you'll miss. Start at the beginning, and don't be overwhelmed that there's six books already. They don't take very long to read. The last book was probably the darkest yet, and focused more on some new characters ...more
Monnie
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars, actually.

If you're like me and enjoy a good detective series, I highly recommend this one (it's the sixth book featuring London Detective Erika Foster). She's a bit reminiscent of J.D. Robb's Lt. Eve Dallas - another of my favorites - like Eve, tough as nails, but with less of a secretive, angst-ridden background.

The story begins not long after Erika's last case, and she's trying for some semblance of normalcy over the Christmas holidays (four years after her husband and fellow
Erin Clemence
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, first-reads
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Another astonishing, resounding, five stars for Robert Bryndza’s sixth Erika Foster novel, “Deadly Secrets”.

When a young woman is killed on her own front doorstep, DCI Erika Foster finds herself immersed, once again, in the investigation. As it unfolds, Erika discovers other attacks that occurred within the same London suburb with one other thing in common- the victims
Linda Strong
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This is the latest in what has been a terrific series. Detective Erika Foster is back with her team. Several people have been assaulted by a man wearing a gas mask. One woman has been brutally killed by the same man.

Erika is running into a wall concerning the murdered woman. Speaking to her friends, family, people she worked with in a burlesque show, Erika learns that the woman was not well liked. She also learned that the woman was blackmailing a man she had an affair with ... was
Louise Wilson
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Detective Erika Foster Series - Book 6.

A mother wakes to find her daughters blood soaked body frozen to the road. Detective Erika Foster is determined is determined to lead the investigation. She finds reports that other women have been attacked in the quiet South London suburb and that one chilling detail links them to the murder victim - they were attacked by someone wearing a gas mask.

Like the rest of the books in this series, I was quickly drawn in from the beginning. Also, like the other
Gary
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 6th book in the Detective Erika Foster series by author Robert Bryndza and I can honestly say having read the previous 5 that they get better with each page that's read.
There is no rest for Erika Foster even at Christmas. On her way to spend a festive meal she sees a crime scene and cannot resist getting involved. She finds the murdered body of burlesque dancer Marissa Lewis, whose body is frozen to the ground and her throat cut. Detective Erika Foster leads the case to find the
Carolyn
Robert Bryndza has delivered a thrilling sixth episode in his excellent series featuring DCI Erika Foster. This time Erika is caught up in the murder of a beautiful young woman found outsiede her home with her throat slashed on Christmas Eve. A burlesque dancer, Marissa Lewis is beautiful but a schemer and blackmailer, making a lot of suspects for the police to interview. At the same time, Erika is on the lookout for a man wearing a gas mask who has been sexually assaulting young men and women, ...more
Jan
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, series, netgalley
Another winner!

Whelp-I'm going to have to come back and give this review a bit more love, as I'm so short on time right now, but I didn't want to just leave this as it was.

For those who have not read any of the books in the series, let me stop you right here. You need to go immediately and grab book one The Girl In The Ice and settle in for a fantastic read.

While these books would work as a stand alone, I think that there is so much more to gain from the characters and their backstories when
Adrian Dooley
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Back with a bang. It may not be long but believe me Deadly Secrets packs a punch and hits the bullseye.

We are back with Erika and her team of course. It’s Christmas Day and Erika is on her way over to her bosses houses for lunch, reluctatantly.
Getting caught in traffic she notices the familiar flashing blue lights ahead and can’t resist getting out to see what is going on.

She has stumbled across a murder scene, a young woman lays in the snow in the garden of her house with her throat slit.
Donna Maguire

I am a massive fan of this series so I was very excited when I saw that the sixth book had been released!! I could not wait to get my hands on it - and that cover is brilliant!!

I am struggling to write a review that does this book justice so I will just give you my thoughts - it is a superbly written piece of work from start to finish and I loved it - I cannot recommend it highly enough - quite simply if you are a fan of the crime fiction genre you need to

• Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone, #11)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • No Safe Place (Detective Lottie Parker, #4)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • The Chosen Ones (DI Robyn Carter, #5)
  • Tell Nobody (Detective Lottie Parker, #5)
  • Final Betrayal (Detective Lottie Parker, #6)
  • Deep Fear (DI Kelly Porter, #2)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)
  • Nobody's Child (Detectives King and Lane, #3)
  • Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone, #4)
  • Dark Game (DI Kelly Porter, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)
  • Dead Bad (Calladine & Bayliss, #8)
Hello, I’m Robert Bryndza. I’m a crime writer and my books have sold 3 million copies, and they’ve been translated into 28 languages. I’m British and live in Slovakia.

My new novel, Nine Elms, the first in my Kate Marshall private detective series has just been published!

I’m the author of the international #1 bestseller THE GIRL IN THE ICE, which is the first in my Detective Erika Foster series,

Detective Erika Foster (6 books)
  • The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1)
  • The Night Stalker (Detective Erika Foster, #2)
  • Dark Water (Detective Erika Foster, #3)
  • Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster, #4)
  • Cold Blood (Detective Erika Foster, #5)
“Perhaps he did kill her. It just goes to show, you don’t really know the people who you share your life with.” 2 likes
“We can all talk to each other however we want. This is a democracy. Of course, as a police officer, I have the power to stop and search. I can detain you if it really takes my fancy. Now, you could’ve just given up the spare seat, but no, you’re part of this entitled young generation who think you can do exactly what you want. You reap what you sow. You were rude to me, and in turn I could make life very difficult for you. Or you can all fuck off, let me sit in this chair for ten minutes, and leave me to eat my sandwich in peace.” 2 likes