Start by marking “Just Jack: Everything laid bare” as Want to Read:
Just Jack: Everything laid bare

Just Jack: Everything laid bare

Being Lily Parnell’s best friend came effortlessly for Jack. Growing up together, Jack loved Lily and was fiercely protective of her and for almost all of his life all he wanted was to make her happy. When she was happy he was happy, except Lily lived a world away from him now and Jack missed her dreadfully.
As far as Jack was concerned there had never been a time in thei
Published (first published August 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Just Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Jack

Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well firstly I just need to say that I'm so glad KL did a book for Jack! I absolutely loved it and was so great reading about him, his life, his thoughts and feelings and his side of his relationship with Lily.
We first met Jack in the Everything Trilogy as Lily Parnell's best friend. He was always great to read about and was so funny too! In this book that didn't change...although we did get to read about how HOT he is too! lol
Jack is a 'one night stand' kind of guy for the most part since his
Joanne Swinney
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jack the lad. Jack the joker of the pack. Jack the journalist. Jack the loveable guy. Jack the ladies man. Hmmm no chance he's just Jack to me.
I read The Everything Trilogy and fell in love with Jack's character. I just knew he was someone I wanted to hear more about and thankfully I was not disappointed. When you build an image in your mind of what would happen or how you see him then read his story it's even better than you could have imagined.
Jack loses Lily to Alfie, not that Jack ever had L
Debra
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading " just Jack" and it has touched my heart like no other book ever has. I was introduced to Jack in KL Shandwick's "The Everything Trilogy" and I just loved everything about him. Jack was sexy, a smart ass, loving, caring and very devoted to his friends and family. In "just Jack" you get to see more of that but you also see Jack go thru a series of revelations and life changing events that make him more then just Jack. This story has everything..humor,betrayal,tragedy,roman ...more
Ashley Heather
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is a book comes along once in a while that makes you sit up and go wow !
This for me is one of those books. I absolutely loved this!

A really great book to me is one that you can't stop thinking about, when your not able to read straight through because of the actions of life getting in the way. So when your doing the motions of chores or taking care of small children your mind is elsewhere imagining the lives of the characters, the storyline you've read so far and the possibilities of wher
Elmarie Pieterse
I LOVE KL Shandwick's books I've fell in love with her work from the Everything Trilogy and that's where I met Jack!!! I was so excited when I heard he was getting his own book!!! Omg I don't even know were to begin!! This book kept me up at night for hours cause I just couldn't put it down!!! It was so funny and heartbreaking at the same time!!! Jack is this funny outgoing character that has a line for everything you throw at him But then life hits him.......

OMG KL Shandwick you have written a
Tammy Dove
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love Jack from everything series you will fall in love with him again in Just Jack.
Jennifer Pierson
There's not a book that K. L. Shandwick has written that I haven't absolutely LOVED, and Just Jack is no exception. LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

Jack Cunningham has spent his life being Lily Parnell's best friend. He has always been protective of her, and always always wanted to make her happy. Somewhere along the line, he fell in love with her. He missed her terribly when she moved to the US. Women loved Jack, so he spread it around, as they came in and out. As Jack has decided he still loves the one g
Ann Meemken
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I met Jack as one of the characters in the Everything Trilogy and I loved him. I love his quick wit and his smart mouth. He is charmer, so lovable and a good man.

Jack's story is one self discovery. He has felt lost and alone since his best friend Lilly has a new life. He thinks it is time he finds himself.

His journey is both heart warming and pulls at your heart strings. KL Shandwick you did it again, another amazing story. I can't wait to see what you come out with next.
Jacquie
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, have to say KL Shandwick has outdone herself again. We met Jack Cunningham in The Everything Trilogy as he is Lily’s best friend.
We see Jack as the British larrikin. He was purely delightful and during the whole series there was just something about him that you so needed to know more about.
So when I heard that KL Shandwick was writing about a book around Jack’s take on life it was quite a pleasant surprise.
We see him in the previous book as this sexy, fun loving guy who will do anything p
Dawn
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack and Lily,Lily and Jack that was the way it was growing up as best friends they were always together,always there for each other Jack always protecting his friend, that never changed now they were all grown up.Lily had moved away she was getting on with her life and Jack missed her,her friendship,the closeness.Now the ocean separated them Jack found himself alone he had women…..lots of women, he had his friends his work but he missed Lily even though they stayed in touch as much as possible. ...more
Emma Louise
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, well, well Ms Shandwick you have hit the ball out of the court again and scored a well deserved 5 stars from me, Jack may be an ordinary guy. But you have given him an Extraordinary story, with a beautifully written book.

The trilogy was AMAZING, i loved Alfie and Lily story, but the relationship between Lily and Jack was prominent through the first book, but by book 2 his witt and humor through this book made him a loveable character. Taking him from the trilogy and giving him his own sto
reading the sheets
Faye Errington
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by KL Shandwick I've read...

Jack is on a journey of self discovery ...

he feels like he's lost his bff Lilly to another man, he's always had her around fir him and now feels like he's lost her... so he set's out to find "Jack"

He goes through a playboy stage, string of one night stands and a anything goes...

Everyone thinks he's the life of the party, happy go lucky, always laughing Jack..

But underneath his façade he's so unhappy ...

So he begins his journey to free himself...
Kim
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Jack!!

KL Shankwich has stolen my heart with her books! I'm glad I read this one, it's funny, sad and adventurous and full of humour. I just love that about KL's books. She had me going there for awhile and then she surprised me when Jack finally decided to grow up and who he figured that out with. Loved it!!
Wendy Hodges
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow oh wow! Jack is so mixed up for so long, the only part of his life that's straight forward is his work. His close friendship with Lily sometimes muddles and he has broken off with Rosie, he is spiralling out of control. This is intense and full of angst from the start, nothing is as clean cut as you imagine. Jack is complex and mixed up, blurred lines with friendship and love complicate how he feels until he decides to take time out. There were times I wanted to scream at Jack but at the sam ...more
Serena Worker
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack and Lily were the best of friends from a young age and as they got older and realised that they were developing feelings for each other, they decided to have a little distance, that was the most miserable time of their lives. With Lily meeting Alfie, Jack know he will always be part of her life, but not as import and now it would be Just Jack, and he had to work out the missing half of him.
After breaking up with his ex, Rosie because he wasn’t in love with her, he meets a girl called Gini a
Debbie
Yes yes yes yes!! Whilst Rosie is definitely a bi-tch of the first order she had no right to do that, none. Lily who thought she was helping actually hurt Jack deeply.
I loved this story, Jack, who views himself at Just Jack feels lost without his sidekick Lily, what he doesn't realise is his soul mate is waiting for him and she appears tuning a guitar.
elaine m. suda
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Real Jack

Thank you for this wonderful story about Jack and how the meeting with Mya changed his life for the better. I really enjoyed the storyline and all the characters. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Riah Pilling
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot handle this.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this book as an extension of the Everything Series. The character development is so rapid and it's great to see how the background characters fare in their own right. K.L. Shandwick is magnificent.
Helen Simpson
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING BOOK THAT HAD ME GOING THROUGH SO MANY EMOTIONS. I DON'T KNOW HOW JACK COPED WITH EVERYTHING THAT WAS THROWN AT HIM. LOVE, BETRAYAL GRIEF AND FAMILY. A PERFECT COMPANION TO THE EVERYTHING TRILOGY.
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just Jack

Just Jack? Um yeah. If you've met Jack at all then you know Jack could never be just Jack. He's a whole book all by himself. Add a few playthings. Lily Alfie and a bit of Rick and one very fabulous girl, and that about sums up this book. But Just Jack...never lol.
Caroline Easton
I got this book when it was on a free offer but I would certainly have paid full price for it. Well worth the read and I'll be hunting down other books by this author now.
Bev Ross
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Jack!

I'm glad he found Mya! Rosie was a real jerk! I know he wasn't mature but he was honest and she was just wrong!
Samantha
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what can i say about Jack Cunningham,other than he is funny, and sexy and the depth to him is wow and thats just for starters.

This book is wonderful jack is a character from the everything trilogy he is lily's best friend, and i am so happy to see that he has his own story, his voice needed to be heard and what a voice it is the journey that jack makes will have you laughing and crying and at one point i wanted to through my kindle.

after his break up with Rosie he becomes a sort of Love th
Lisa Fulham
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve always enjoyed reading Ms Shandwick’s work, it’s easy to read and she carries you through the story with wonderful descriptive surroundings and emotions. Just Jack is a standalone connected to the Everything trilogy which explores Jacks life after Lily.
This book brings a supporting character into the spotlight and takes you on a journey you never expected. Jack is known to be a ladies’ man with the gift of the gab, but this book explores who he really is under that bravado.
I know I said KL
Isabel
Just Jack is an amazing five star read

Jack is the latest book in the Everything Series, hopefully not the last I love the series and especially this book. Jack has been something of a man whore who is starting to want more. After breaking up with his longtime girlfriend,he was found of but wasn't sure he loved. Jack takes a leave of absence from work to find himself. Jack grows as a person and a man. This book made me love Jack, he becomes so much more than he was. This book brought a variety of
Aletha
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack grew up with Lily being his best friend. He trusted her with everything. Not wanting to cross the lines, Lily moves on and finds her love and leaves London. As Jack struggles with with her absence and his on life he decides to take a break and find himself. Will Jack finally be able to move on and find his own love or will he continue on with his party's and woman? If he does find it can he keep it?

I found this story to be very interesting to read. Not being my normal book to read, I enjoye
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
I didnt like it. I found it boring and didn't pull me in from the start.To me i found that it droned on and drags things out that were not necessary. I didn't like the characters or the story line, over all boring.
May 10, 2017
Luann
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Best yet? 1 2 Aug 22, 2015 10:04AM
K.L. Shandwick Biography
K. L. Shandwick is a writer of contemporary, suspense, and new adult romance who retired in 2015 to write full time. Previously, she was a registered midwife and social care professional, but during her teenage years she followed her passion for music by working as a merchandiser for rock bands. K.L’s writing career only started when she was challenged to write a chapter of