Start by marking “Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep (Shadow Creek, Montana, #4)” as Want to Read:
Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep (Shadow Creek, Montana, #4)

Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep

(Shadow Creek, Montana #4)

Connor O'Leary knows nothing about babies, families, or good women, yet he's up to his ears in all three. Coming to Shadow Creek, Montana was meant to be a new start for this former oil rigger, but he had no idea that fresh beginning would include a baby on his doorstep and a hot nanny he can't stop thinking about. Diapers, feedings, and late nights soothing his little ...more
Published February 12th 2018 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep

Start your review of Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep (Shadow Creek, Montana, #4)
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

There is just something about a Victoria James book that makes me smile. Her stories are full of great characters and swoon-worth heroes. Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep was no exception. I have been anxious to read this ever since Haley landed on her brother, Luke's, doorstep in The Doctor's Redemption.

Haley Thomson, out of a very toxic marriage, wasn't looking for love. In fact, she
Claire Robinson
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
1.5 - "Theres no going back after this" Stars.

I am going to keep this review brief, because I dont really have anything good to say. Weak story-line, weak characters, and generally lackluster all over.

I suppose I dont really ascribe to the belief that just because a man has tattoos he is a Bad Boy anymore, but what really pissed me off was the fact that the lack of a formal education was the other descriptor used. What utter bullshit, especially in this day and age where most wealthy people are
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an alright read. The story was good, but there were moments when I got bored. The characters were good. I really loved Rosie, she was adorable. I really liked Connor and learning more about him. However, I thought Haley was a bit annoying. She made stupid decisions because of her past relationship. It made me mad at times. The ending was sweet. I am glad that Connor and Haley got their happily ever after. I do wish the story was longer. Overall, an okay read.
Jonetta
Connor OLeary had a tough upbringing and it took him some time to find his path. He followed his friend, Jack Bailey, to Shadow Creek but now his past has somewhat caught up to him. A casual relationship has produced a baby girl whose mother abandoned her, literally, on his doorstep. Hayley Thomson is at a crossroads after surviving an abusive marriage. She wants to continue teaching but her only full time opportunity will take her away to another town in a few months. When Connor reaches out to ...more
Beth
Both Connor and Haley are looking for a new beginning in Shadow Creek, Montana. Connor came with the only man that he considered a true friend and in him he found a family that he never had. Haley came to escape a horribly abusive marriage and to her only living family, her brother. It just so happens that her brother is married in to the same family that took Connor in.

After a family dinner night, Connor OLeary returns home to finds a baby left out in the cold on his door step. He knows nothing
Lauren
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
*3.5*

Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep is the forth (standalone) book in the Shadow Creek, Montana series. I've only read the first one, Christmas with the Sheriff, and I really enjoyed it so I was looking forward to catching up with old characters while meeting new ones.

Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep was emotional as well as heartwarming - the perfect book to pair with a snowy afternoon and a hot cup of coffee/tea! It features two POVs - Connor O'Leary and Haley Thompson. Connor and Haley are
Alaina
Cute and predictable.

Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep was definitely a book I wouldn't read on my free time. This isn't my first series or book from Victoria James but it wasn't one I would originally pick up either. It's about Connor and Haleys chance at first love. A true and genuine love.

Connor was simply adorable. I loved his character and how he quickly just took on the parent role. Oh yes, he came home one day and saw a baby on his doorstep. Hence the title people! Yet, Rosie was freaking
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Domestic violence in life and in books is an extremely touchy topic for me. I hate the fact that authors and publishers put the subject in their books but dont mention ways for people to get help. Its like the topic is put in the book to make a story in order to make money and they dont care that this stuff is really happening to real people on a daily basis. I feel that it is insensitive and irresponsible to put domestic violence (verbal, physical, psychological) into a book and not give ...more
Felicia
This was a cute read. There wasn't much to it. A very short read of only like 180 pages.

I've never read a book about a baby being left on some unsuspecting person's doorstep. And had my wonder twin, Alaina, not asked me to read this I don't know if I'd have read it. However, I did end up enjoying the story.

Conner and Haley were cute. And even though this was just a normal vanilla romance, I felt like there was such sexual tension between them all the way up until the very first kiss.

Haley, she
Debbie Oxier
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haley Thompson was divorced and looking for a new start in Shadow Creek where her brother, Luke, and his wife, Gwen, reside. Haley's ex was extremely controlling and very verbally abusive. Once free of him, Haley vows to never again let herself be placed in that position. She doesn't need a man to complete her life and isn't looking for a relationship of any kind. She's settling in, getting to know Luke's close friends and extended family. Which includes Connor O'Leary, whom she finds herself ...more
Becky
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
Oh, I really wanted to like this one. And there were good things, like:

A strong start. The close relationships between the Baileys, the Thomsons, and the rest of their crowd is great; we're thrown right into their warm and wacky world right away, and it's a fun place to be. Then there's a surprise baby left on a doorstep? Yes, please! The single dad/nanny troupe can be so much fun, and Connor and Haley seem worthy of HEAs and are conveniently attracted to each other...so far, all good things.

Alima Livzletlivz
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gosh!!! I love Victoria James and her Montana romances. Her Shadow Creek series is just filled with so much warmth, friendship and love, they are a treat to read. And if they have protagonists like Conner O'Leary and Haley Thompson, more the pleasure of reading a sweet romance.

Instant Dad Conner and self-appointed nanny Leah rock this sweet love story with a wonderful group of friends and family.

Received an ARC from Montlake Romance via NetGalley for an honest review.
Bernie
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep is the fourth romance in the Shadow Creek, Montana series written by author Victoria James. Excellent story. Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC-Bliss for the advance copy.
Vikki Vaught
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read with compelling characters and a great plot. Loved the hero, what a fantastic guy. Happy reading/listening!
Elaine
Returning home from an evening out with friends, Connor O'Leary never dreamt of finding a baby on his doorstep! The note with the baby indicates that the child is the result of a casual hook-up he had and that the mother is abandoning the child with him. He doesn't know what to do so calls his best friend, Jack Bailey, who immediately comes to help, along with his wife and his sister, Hayley Thomson.

Hayley has escaped an emotional and physically abusive marriage and is staying with her brother
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Baby On the Bad Boy's Doorstep, is a sweet, sad and also happy love story. And some of those emotions all happen in the same chapter throughout the book.
Fizza
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a great story, I quite enjoyed reading it. Also loved both the main characters, Connor and Haley are perfect for each other. Both with their insecurities, learning to love themselves, somehow they also start loving each other. But may be they don't have a future together, because will their hearts heal enough to trust again? A great book for all romance lovers, I definitely recommend it.

Connor suddenly finds himself with a baby. He didn't even know he was going to be a father and now he has
Bec
Haley Thomson doesn't know whether she'll ever be ready to give happy ever after another chance, but Connor O'Leary is certainly tempting. So, when he finds a baby on his doorstep, Haley is determined to help him by becoming his in-house nanny. Yet, the more time they spend together, the more Haley finds herself getting attached. Will Connor be able to convince Haley to give him a chance, or will she walk away because she has plans for her future?

Coming back to Shadow Creek and visiting new and
Kristin
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep is a cute read. It focuses on Connor who comes home one night and finds an infant on his doorstep. Apparently, his ex-girlfriend wound up pregnant, went through the pregnancy, and had the baby without even telling him he was the father. So, not only does he find out that he's a father, but he's a single parent about to raise this baby by himself, because the mother doesn't want her. Thankfully, Haley steps in to help out and become the babies nanny.

This is the
books are love
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
received in exchange for a honest review.

You cant help but fall in love with Connor. He is so sweet and yet complex. This is a quiet young man but has personality up the wazoo once you get to know him. He is smarter than anyone realizes and he has more than anyone sees. He is more than meets the eye. Poor guy though has a low self esteem due to his past. He tries to fight it but it does keep him down at times and create some self doubt. Especially when it comes to Haley.

Haley has been through a
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Its very easy to fall into Baby On The Bad Boys Doorstep. While we do run into old friends from the previous stories in this series, dont panic if this is your first time in Shadow Creek, Montana. Youll soon feel right at home in this tight knit community.

Connor and Haley make an interesting, enjoyable couple. They each have their own issues that need to be dealt with, but together they are so much stronger. Haley is coming out of an abusive marriage, shes fighting
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
When a former flame leaves their baby girl on his doorstep Connor O'Leary knows he is in way over his head, he doesn't know how to take care of a baby, let alone raise one. He needs some serious help, so he turns to his buddies significant others in hopes they could give him a few lessons in parenting, and winds up with a nanny instead. When Haley volunteers to step in and help care for his daughter Rosie he knows he is a lucky man... in more ways than one!

After leaving her disastrous marriage,
Jessica
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Connor O'Leary feels like an outsider looking in at the weekly family gatherings in Shadow Creek. He watches Haley Thomson from a distance knowing he will never be good enough for her. One night he goes home and finds a baby on his doorstep. He is at a loss for what to do never having thought of family. Haley comes to the rescue as his nanny. It's hard not to pretend that they are not like a family. Their pasts threaten the harmony in the home Haley is making for Connor and baby Rosie.

In an
Ebony
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is another sweet romance (no naughty business) from Victoria James.
Again there is the secret baby trope in this series, but as this is one of my favourite guilty pleasure tropes, I didnt mind.
Connor OLeary- the Hero- comes home from a dinner out with friends to find an abandoned baby on his doorstep. Upon freaking out he calls his best friend Jack Bailey (from book 2 in this series) to come and help. Jacks sister Haley Thomson- the Heroine- offers her services as a nanny for the baby
Ofelia
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
When I first started reading Baby on the Bad Boys Doorstep it really hooked me in. Its like in a moment Connor went from being a single guy who is trying his hardest to suppress his attraction to Hailey to becoming an instant dad when he finds little Rosie on his doorstep. Hailey has went through an ordeal with her ex husband and the way he treated her and belittled her. She has been through a lot and the fact that she would willingly volunteer to be Rosies nanny and live with Connor a man whom ...more
Didi
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

My favorite of Victoria Jamess Shadow Creek, Montana series so far. At least up to the last one-third of the book where I felt the story got prolonged thanks to Haleys hot and cold approach over Connor... (Honestly, I would up the rating if it wasnt for the extended wishy-washiness of it).

Overall the plot isnt something Ive never read before. Broken family background, failed marriage, abusive and/or irresponsible partner, second chance, baby on the doorstep, slow burn romance. Yet
Christina Montminy
This was a wonderfully written story about 2 people finding each other & dealing with their pasts. One has to deal with the recent demise of her marriage to a controlling, hateful man who refuses to accept their divorce & continues to punish her. The other is dealing with his past abuse by his father & his mother's death after they were left to live on the streets & in shelters, he finds himself unworthy of love & relationships. What brings them together is a small baby ...more
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋

Connor is new in Shadow Creek. He is quickly becoming drawn in with Jacks family. Jack was his best friend while they worked on an oil rig. His childhood wasnt the best. One day while coming home he finds a Baby his baby on his doorstep. He knows nothing about babies. He needs a nanny.

Thats whereHaley comes in. She is Lukes sister if you read past books. She has been divorced for a year. She had an abusive husband she is finally ready to leave Shadow Creek and start a teaching job in Chicago in
Monica Cardoza
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baby on the Bad Boy's Doorstep was an exceptional read.  I loved Connor and Haley's characters they both had similar things happen to them and one little baby would be what brings them together.  They both had someone that downgraded them and threw them insults.  With Haley moving in with Connor to help him take care of Rosie things between him and Haley would turn steamy.  Connor keeps his distance from Rosie but his doubts would have to be put behind him so he can take care of his daughter.  ...more
Paula
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I saw the title, Baby on the Bad Boys Doorstep, I thought what a cheesy one, it is. Well, dont be fooled like I almost was, Victoria James has given us a wonderful heartwarming story with substance to boot. I have come to expect a baby or child in Ms. James books, so plan on having your heart stolen by Rosie just as she does that with Connor and Haley.

Connor is not a true bad boy, he is a hardworking, rising-to-the-situation kind of man. In fact, I found him to be real hero material. Haley
« previous 1 3 next »

• Playing House (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #5)
  • Wyatt's Pretend Pledge (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance #5)
  • Not Christmas Without You (Love on Chance Avenue Book 4)
  • A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
  • Heart of Clay (The Women of Tenacity #1)
  • Her Billionaire Cowboy's Second Chance Romance (McCoy Billionaire Brothers Book 5)
  • A Christmas Rescue (Silver Bell Falls, #4)
  • A Baby for the Billionaire
  • Finding Love at Steeple Ridge (Steeple Ridge Romance, #1)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Learning Faith at Steeple Ridge (Steeple Ridge Romance, #2)
  • Coming Home to Steeple Ridge (Steeple Ridge Romance #5)
  • Close to Her Heart (Carrigans of the Circle C, #3)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Love on Chance Avenue, #3)
  • Starting Over at Steeple Ridge (Steeple Ridge Romance, #.5)
  • And Then One Day (Magnolia Sound #4)
  • His Best Friend's Sister (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #2)
  • The Taming of the Bachelor (Taming of the Sheenans #4)
Victoria James is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance.

She is a hopeless romantic who is living her dream, penning happily-ever-after's for her characters in between managing kids and the family business. Writing on a laptop in the middle of the country in a rambling old Victorian house would be ideal, but she's quite content living in suburbia with her

Shadow Creek, Montana (6 books)
  • Christmas with the Sheriff (Shadow Creek, Montana, #1)
  • The Baby Bombshell (Shadow Creek Montana #2)
  • The Doctor's Redemption (Shadow Creek, Montana, #3)
  • The Firefighter's Pretend Fiancée (Shadow Creek, Montana, #5)
  • A Christmas Miracle for the Doctor (Shadow Creek, Montana, #6)