Start by marking “Long Steady Distance” as Want to Read:
Long Steady Distance

Long Steady Distance

Every species on Earth has a survival strategy. Rabbits flee. Deer freeze. Grizzlies fight. And high-school junior Emily Ferris... well, she lies a little. It's just easier for everyone that way, especially her mom. So even if Emily hates the church they've started attending, thinks her stepdad is a dolt, and worries her mom is trying to disappear into a Good Housekeeping ...more
Published January 25th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Long Steady Distance, please sign up.
Helena Hill UPDATE 9/11/18 Book now available on Amazon, just click the Amazon link on the book page to access! :)

~

Hi friend!

The book is…more

~

Hi friend!

The book is not currently available for purchase. Within a few months, it will be either available for purchase on Amazon, or I'll be able to post a different update about timeline. (You can follow @helenadhill on Twitter to stay up to date.)

But if you're really excited about reading this book, I will be very happy to send you a digital Advance Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review on Goodreads :) Just email me (and let me know how you ended up hearing about this book, if you think of it).(less)

Start your review of Long Steady Distance
Alexa
I received a free ARC from the author in a giveaway. This did not affect my review in any way.

Read on my blog.

Can you believe I actually read this book in one day? I can't.

Long Steady Distance was pretty out of my comfort zone with the sports and religious themes, but I ended up liking it much more than I expected. Both the main character, Emily, and the love interest, Sophie (who is bira/>Long
nadia (( disquieting thing ))
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, recs
3.5/5

i basically said everything about this book in my progress update already. this book is cute, very simple and easy to read. it doesn't reinvent the high school romance genre, but it certainly does the old tricks well. every discussion that it opened up was pretty basic and ended on a good note (like religion in relation to lgbtq+ community, the mom being upset over her daughter not finding solace in god anymore, and not the fact that she's not straight). it wasn't severe, and ho
Ishita
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Actual Rating: 4.5/5)

Firstly, a HUGE happy book birthday (in advance) to Helena Hill’s Long Steady Distance which releases tomorrow. I won an e-ARC of this book and just finished reading it yesterday. It was definitely one of my most satisfying novella-length reads (PDF Version – 150+ pages), in recent months. And, I might be speaking a bit early, but I think this would also make it to my year-end list of favorite book covers.

Here’s five reasons why you should check this
Sara
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an adorable book.
The main character Emily reminds me a lot of myself at her age, she is a socially anxious nerd, who isn't all too fond of other teenagers (relatable) I really loved the sport element to the story, Emily doesn't participate in the races (track is the sport) she's the team manager, and in a way that pulls you in even more.
She cares so much about everyone on the team, and you do too when you're reading it. Her love interest is another girl, a new student named Sophie who
Julien Coyne
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly charming book about two girls falling in love, but also so much else. Full of endearing side-characters, a poignant journey between Emily and her mom, and personal growth for Emily learning to be comfortable with herself. With a lot of YA romance I find the romance overshadows everything else, but this book is, in my opinion, a perfect snapshot of a high-schooler's life, just also grappling with first love! I read it in two days, which is saying something for me.

Oh, and
Eva Petzinger
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet book. I got an ARC and really enjoyed it. The mom/daughter relationship reminds me of Sarah Dessen a little bit, and the running stuff is pretty true to life. Reminds me of being on a team.
Renee
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is lovely! It's very honest and refreshing; the characters felt like real people and side characters weren't just simply "for or against" the main character - they had depth of their own alongside Emily and Sophie. I especially loved how Emily and Sophie's parents/step-parents were handled - there was no "evil parent" theme or "saintly perfect parent" - just honest, true parents that ultimately want what's best for their child and are going to do that in a realistically human way.

This
maggie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
this book is SOOO good but it deserves 12 stars and i’m absolutely astonished at how little reviews it has. PLEASE read it!!

it handles the religion so so SOO so well and explores emilys change of faith without ANY internalized homophobia and that alone nets this book a 10/5 star review. yeah. and while other ppl are homophobic its a minor part and the author has emilys internal monologue ignoring it and it’s not an exploration of what the author would say IF they were a big homophobe
Ruby Ridge
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been meaning to read this book for some time, finally gotten around to it - and it didn't disappoint. Great characters, great pacing (view spoiler). Book actually kept me awake one night thinking what was going to happen (after the concert)
Highly recommended
Casey
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly hard to put down! I had a good feeling I was going to like this book, but I had no idea I'd like it so much that I had to finish it all in one day. This book really captures what it's like to be a teenager.
Jaquille Jones
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just keep running

A great coming of age story about cross-country running and running from the things that make you who you are
saskia
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Very cute. I love the group dynamics of the track / long distance teams ❤ ...more
Gail  C
Mar 14, 2019
Ellen Plane
Dec 03, 2018
Georgeana
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2018

• You're My Kind
  • Ice
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • Her Name in the Sky
  • Sister In Law: When family is all you need.
  • Style (The OTP Series #1)
  • Keeping Her Secret