Start by marking “Unnerving Magazine #5” as Want to Read:
Unnerving Magazine #5

Unnerving Magazine #5

(Unnerving Magazine #5)

Issue #5 includes fictions from Stephen S. Power (author of The Dragon Round), John C. Foster (author of Mr. White, and Baby Powder and Other Terrifying Substances), David Busboom (author of Nightbird), Gary Buller, Jake Marley, Christa Carmen, K.P. Kulski, Sara Codair, and Aaaron J. Housholder. Includes a feature by Gwendolyn Kiste (author of And Her Smile Will Untether ...more
Published January 2018 by Unnerving

To ask other readers questions about Unnerving Magazine #5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unnerving Magazine #5

Start your review of Unnerving Magazine #5
Leo Robertson
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, I read Unnerving. What, you jealous? Come at me. All the cool kids do it. Don't tell your mother. I order it with my dad's credit card and steam open the packaging when it arrives so he doesn't know I nicked his Unnerving Magazine.

So don't come at me like some sorta Unnerving superfan!! They don't have t-shirts but if they did I'd buy 'em. I'm a Day-One-r. I interviewed its eddietor. I LIKE THIS MAGAZINE, okay?

COVER:

You hear a crash in your yard.
Outside, you see that the moon fell out the
The Grim Reader
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unnerving issue #5 gets off to an immense start with Glug Glug by Aaron J. Householder and the sinister Red Room by Christa Carmen. Whilst only short, Householder’s tale is a fun, throwback style horror story that put a huge smile on my face and one that I felt was a little reminiscent of Stephen King. Christa Carmen’s Red Room is a different beast altogether. This story has some wicked imagery, a sinister and brooding atmosphere and a terrific ending. I’d go as far to say that this is one of ...more
S.J. Budd
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading this magazine since it launched in December 2016 and with each issue it has really grown. I bought a years subscription for just $10 and so far it's been a really good investment. Issue 5 is brilliant and features some really great authors.

Unnerving's Issue 5 contains nine stories which are all really varied but united with their dark cores of horror. Its also really cool to see lots of female horror writers featured too.

Stand out stories for me include, Porcelain Skin, this
Suz Jay
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
My favorite pieces in Unnerving Magazine Issue #5 are Gwendolyn Kiste’s essay “No Happily Ever After Here: Death and Dismay in Fairytales” and the short stories by KP Kulski and Jake Marley. Kiste warns of the happily ever after fallacy and explains how fairytales help us “navigate an inherently unsafe world.” Kulski’s science fiction horror tale “Shades of Igumi Mare” addresses the longing for home, while Marley’s horror story focuses on the violence of transcendence and the power of memory.
Christa
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Unnerving Magazine, Issue #5
I was a contributor to Unnerving Magazine, Issue #5, but that doesn’t mean I can’t give some well-deserved praise to the wonderful authors I shared the pages with.

“Glug, Glug,” Aaron Housholder
Issue #5 starts with a short and eerie tale by Aaron Housholder. There’s enough uncertainty bubbling up from between the lines of the story that, in addition to the general unease the voice coming up through the drain elicits, the reader cannot be sure if the father’s
Wondra Vanian
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, magazines
A cracking magazine! My favourite stories in this issue were "Glug Glug" by Aaron J. Housholder and "Ghoul" by John C. Foster. Had nightmares after finishing this last night so thanks for that! Will definitely be reading more of these!
andrew orillion
Aug 17, 2018
Maria
Jul 05, 2018
David Busboom
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Joseph VanBuren
Tkirshmansocal.rr.com
Sep 22, 2019

• The Sea Was a Fair Master
  • Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked

Unnerving Magazine (7 books)
  • Unnerving Magazine Issue #1