Start by marking “The English Lieutenant's Lady (Oregon Territory Romance)” as Want to Read:
The English Lieutenant's Lady (Oregon Territory Romance)

The English Lieutenant's Lady (Oregon Territory Romance)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"I'm not your enemy." He held her gaze, willing her to believe that lie.

It's 1845. Britain and America both claim the Oregon Territory, and neither side is willing to back down. As the two nations prepare for war, the British government sends Lieutenant Geoffrey Montgomery to Oregon City on a confidential mission. Doing his duty means lying to everyone--including the woman
Published February 2nd 2018 by Evelyn M. Hill (first published February 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The English Lieutenant's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The English Lieutenant's Lady

really liked it 4.00  ·

Anoia
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I was not sure I would really enjoy a ‘clean’ christen-centric romance novel, neither approaches are really in my wheelhouse when it comes to reading. Thus, I was pleasantly surprised that I did enjoy this one.

Set in a place that I haven’t seen show-up in many historical romances, frontier Oregon, it was interesting to read about the area on the tipping point of great social change.

The allusion to the main character’s relationship with the Natives in the area at the start of the book was a bit o
Ashley Nikole
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Evelyn's writing style--it is easy to read and flows well, but this book just wasn't quite my jam. I liked the characters but wanted to get a little more info on them, get to really KNOW them, ya know? I wanted them to go deeper as people and see what that would look like.
The storyline felt like it (to me) stalled almost the whole way through. I was hooked at the beginning, but soon after that, I kinda lost interest.
I wanted to see more happening, but once we discovered the whole "Du
Kelly Tyree
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The English Lieutenant's Lady. I loved the main characters and how they developed in the story. They didn't appear to have much in common, but they really did. In the end, each showed great courage that helped set the course for their future.

Geoffrey Montgomery is working undercover for the British government. As he travels to the Oregon Territory to spy, he comes upon, Lia and her little nephew. Lia is also headed to the Oregon Territory so that she can take care of her nephew
Danielle Carpenter
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story seem to take on a life of it's own as the story progresses. I love Lia and Geoff and their love was real and genuine for each other. Geoff failed me in the end, because he seem to have a rich Christian background, but seemed to have lost all of it by the end of the book. All the town characters reflected the charm and values of the time period, and even some of the prejudices of the times against Indians. I actually felt as if I was back in 1845 waiting to see the Americans and the Br ...more
Rachael
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting and enjoyable historical fiction novel. I love learning when I read, and this book has some fascinating history of which I had never read.

I’ve read a bit about the Oregon Trail, but this book brings to light interesting details and tidbits that I had never read or learned. I love learning i gotta history through well done fiction reads. This is one of those reads.

The characters are incredibly well done, the backdrop is quite unique, and the faith thread is done well. I
Carol
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The English Lieutenant's Lady is a story of the sea (characters are hiding their past or present from all of them know including each other.), Family (Lia is taking care of her nephew, which includes finding a home for the two of them in Oregon.) Romance (Leah and Lieutenant Geoffrey build their heart hump and bump as soon as they meet.) Pretense (how the two of them pretend to be a courtin') and GOD (how the trust in the LORDsees them through their daily lives.) I received a copy of this book f ...more
Trisha
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun story! I loved the book by Evelyn, and her writing style.

Geoff and Lia... two stories that collide. They both have to learn to trust, find out where one belongs, and decide if they are willing to allow their love for each other to draw them closer or apart.

"The English Lieutenant’s Lady" is a book that you will read in one setting! Start reading it!
Pam
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Thanks to Net Galley for a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
A novel set in the time of the westward expansion in America. Love story between an undercover British officer and an American woman with native American blood. Explores the prejudices of the day as well as the tension between Britain and the fledgling US.

Suszet Roberts
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok

While this was a different kind of historical novel, I must say that it was enjoyable. I kept turning the page just to see what would happen next. Lia and Geoff story was refreshing and sweet. It was intriguing to see how women especially those of mixed race Sheree treated
Pat
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was such a joy to read with the good storyline and well detailed characters which kept me totally hooked until the very last page!
Christina M Blair