Start by marking “Mindful Drinking: How Cutting Down Can Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
Mindful Drinking: How Cutting Down Can Change Your Life

Mindful Drinking: How Cutting Down Can Change Your Life

With an easy three-step plan, Mindful Drinking: How To Break Up With Alcohol is here to help the 64% of Brits who want to drink less, and cultivate a new, healthy and more mindful relationship with alcohol. You CAN drink less, without giving up!

Journalist Rosamund Dean combines scientific expertise with practical advice in a game-changing three step guide: The Problem, The

Published December 28th 2017 by Trapeze

To ask other readers questions about Mindful Drinking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindful Drinking

Start your review of Mindful Drinking: How Cutting Down Can Change Your Life
Taron
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it wasn't an easy think for Dean to try to explain mindfulness in a few chapters to a British audience, but she does a pretty good job. She takes the reader through a really good way to re-frame your relationship to alcohol. Most of us might not abuse it to excess all the time, but it's very common to have some bad habits when it comes to alcohol. And I think there's a tendency when you get a little tired of hangovers or weight gain to think the only option is to give up booze entirely, ...more
Heather Mckay
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
more books like this please

so many books on complete abstinence and not enough on cutting down/mindful drinking. the psychology of drinking has been fully understood and conveyed by the author something i feel many of us can relate to. honestly written with good advice given.
Kenneth
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to the audiobook read by the author, and that's the version I'd recommend to anyone. The author has a wonderful and friendly voice, like having a conversation with a close friend.

I'll give this another listen later when I try to follow her instructions :)
SiSiLou
3 stars.
Lots of very interesting points and data! but i just didnt connect/engage that much, probably because I realised im not the kind of problem drinker that she is targeting, i dont drink each day and i dont drink because of kids or stress or work functions.
Holly Crocker
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this, continuing the theme of listening to books about not drinking / drinking less... a great listen. Very mindful! Entertaining, informative, engaging and not too preachy. A very good concise book - well done - I feel the objective set out to be achieved was 100%.
Ms Maria Hutchings
Easy read, fairly useful.

Was expecting s little more depth to this book, but nevertheless I found it s useful read, and will refer back to it, read it again. It is short which is probably a good thing, easier to digest.
Cressida McLaughlin
Really useful tips and ways to think about and frame drinking, how and why you’re doing it now, and how to be more mindful about it and moderate your drinking.
Stacey
Sep 04, 2019
Adam Norman
Feb 11, 2018
Alison Smith
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2018
Mar 20, 2019
Natalie Hodgins
May 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
“The recent enormous popularity of gin means there has been a parallel surge in delicious high-end tonics. Try Fentimans, Fever Tree and good old Schweppes Indian Tonic. One of those with a slice of lime looks just like a G&T and is delicious. • I used to say brunch isn’t brunch without a Bloody Mary. Now, unless it’s a special occasion, I go for a just-as-delicious and way-more-virtuous Virgin Mary. Just make sure they don’t scrimp on the Tabasco so that you get that kick. • Bitters are great for solving the issue of so many alcohol-free drinks being sickly sweet (I mean, what’s the point of not drinking if you’re going to feel like throwing up in the taxi home anyway?). A soda water with a dash of Angostura bitters hits the spot. • Kombucha is made with ‘live’ fermented tea, so it’s packed with nutrients and great for your gut. Search out craft kombucha brewers like Equinox, Love, Jarr, or Profusion, whose kombucha is available from Ocado. • If a bar has a cocktail list, it will almost certainly have an alcohol-free section. If not, just ask. Mixologists love showing off, so they’ll relish the challenge of creating something bespoke. • For widely available botanically brewed deliciousness, try Folkington’s, Belvoir, Luscombe and Peter Spanton. • A bitter lemon is a great option, assuming you don’t mind (or perhaps you quite enjoy) the slight vibe of Dot and Ethel in the Queen Vic. Personally, I love a bit of 1970s kitsch, and a bitter lemon is usually served on ice in a low-ball glass, so it is perfect for evenings when you don’t want to make a big deal of not drinking, because it looks like a ‘proper’ drink.” 0 likes
“usually” 0 likes