Start by marking “Touch of Ice (Dawn of Dragons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Ice (Dawn of Dragons, #1)

Touch of Ice

(Dawn of Dragons #1)

He is as cold as ice. She is the salvation that will melt his heart.

When Endora is faced with her daughter’s terminal illness, she takes the only chance she’s got. She braves the potential risks and signs a mating contract with the Delradon Draekon Lords, intent on using the payment to buy the aliens’ cure to save her daughter’s life.

Lord Aldric Darragon rules over his
Published January 17th 2018 by Eclipse Press

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Ice

Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

CALLING ALL DRAGON FANATICS. CALLING ALL DRAGON FANATICS.
(the romance kind)

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Mary Auclair is a hidden gem that y'all need to look out for. This is the second series I've read by her and they're both alien sci-fis, one based on space travel with blue aliens and the other a post-apocalyptic with DRAGONS.

I really liked the plot in this one. It was kinda familiar what with alien dragons invading Earth, basically infertile, war on their native
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Sci-Fi…Dragon…GIMME GIMME GIMME! These were the thoughts that went through my head when I saw Mary Auclair’s Touch of Ice the first in her Dawn of Dragons series. In Auclair’s series Earth has been taken over by an alien race, the Delradons, who now rule over both themselves and humans. The Lords and Ladies of the Delradons have a deep bond with a dragon, which extends their life span and makes them more powerful than other members of their race. However, they have difficulty having children an
Kitty_ranma
This is the first time I've read Mary Auclair, it won't be the last.
This may be published by Blushing books but it has no spanking in it, if that's all you want in a book you won't find it here. You will however find a wonderfully written book full of wonder. I will definitely read it again I couldn't put it down I read it in day. I can't wait for the next book.
This book was given to me for free at my request from the publisher or author and I provided this unbiased voluntary review.
Reasons I en
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the second book of Mary Auclair I have read and this one I loved. This book had everything you could want in a story. Heartbreak, mystery, chemistry, anguish, and hotness.

Endora does everything she can to make sure that her very sick daughter gets the best care for her. To do that she has to go and become the bride to one of the dragon kings. She has a lot on her plate and she has to make sure that what she says and does is for the best for herself and her child. She does not have the
Julia
DNF at 50%

Could the heroine have been any more of a brainless idiot? Nothing annoys me more than purposely miss-communicating MC's. The heroine doesnt want to be with the hero and plans to run away but gets upset when she thinks the hero is ignoring her and doesnt want her anymore. *eye roll of the decade ensures* Can we please write characters who have common sense and that talk like normal people!?
Under the Covers Book Blog

Elizabeth
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
How do you make alien invasions cooler? Add dragons! This world combines alien technology with an almost medieval magic vibe. When history starts repeating itself, its going to take a great deal of sacrifice to prevent what happened on their old planet from happening on Earth. Nice to know aliens aren't above prejudice and racial cleansing. If you like a little allusion to modern issues in your fantasy, this one is for you!
Badh
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't 100% sure what I was getting into when I picked this one up, but the fact that I liked the heroine's name really helped make my decision towards getting it, and I hoped that I would enjoy it. And I did. There's a lot that is going on in the book, and a lot to keep my attention, but not so much that I was overwhelmed trying to track everything down.

Endora's daughter Tallie is dying and she doesn't have the money to get the treatment that she needs. So she decides that she will take her
Stephanie Mills
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
*** I received a copy of this books through Netgalley from the author Mary Auclair for a honest review*** The opening scene of this book is Endora selling her only cow to pay for her daughter's doctor bill. She finds out tallie has leukemia and needs a treatment she can not afford. She must sign a mating contract with one of the aligns who turns out to be Lord Aldric and produce an heir to receive the money needed to pay for tallies treatment. I loved the characters in this book the good and the ...more
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf http://bookaddict.live,
I so love getting involved in a series from the beginning. So I jumped at the chance to review a new paranormal sci- fi with hot sex thrown in. It’s a win win for me!
This series is based on earth, which is ruled by an alien race that have a problem with fertility, and only women with certain genetic match are chosen. Endora has always known she was a match but never consider the idea.
Unfortunately Tallie, Endora’s daughter has leukaemia and is fading fa
TP
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Touch of Ice, the first book in the Dawn of Dragons series by Mary Auclair had one big and some minor issues for me.
I have a hard time rating this book.

What I liked, was the overall world building. It is rare for an Alien romance book these days to have a skilled back story, with such details.
The beginning was very intriguing.
Some minor consistencies could have been avoided with a good editor.

The story relies mainly on the miscommunication of the main characters, or the lack of communication r
Jeannie Zelos
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Touch of Ice,  Mary Auclair

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy

I'd never read anything by this author but liked the sound of this. I really wanted to like it but...TBH it was a little too simplistic for me.
Endora, I get why she lied about not having children, what parent wouldn't when their child's life is at stake but I didn't understand why she lied about Wilfrid. Or why that event didn't actually seem to matter.
I though she was far too many times just TST
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
:: DISCLAIMER :: I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.

There be dragons! Shamelessly, I will admit I am a dragon paranormal junkie.

This is not a dragon shifter romance, but it has dragons and aliens! The alien race are the Delradons. The Lords and Ladies of this race bond with dragons which strengthens them and makes them the superior rank of their race.

Keeping their race going isn't that easy. Finding matches to mate with that will l

Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Oh, this was so, so good! I'll be honest, when I decided to read this, I figured it would be a fun, easy, mindless read. And it was so much better than I could have ever guessed! Instead of a fun but overall meaningless read, I got something so special. Touch of Ice is beautifully written. This author has created a fascinating world that I cannot wait to see more of.

I read this in two sittings, and it would have been less if I didn't have to work. I loved Aldric and Endora's relationship.. and f
Heather andrews
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aldric could be a very thoughtful man at times, " ...when he broke the kiss, he touched his forehead to hers. “I am sorry, my little Dora.” He braced himself on her chair. “I want to take you right here, right now, but I have to clean up first.” I loved this book, this is going to be a series I have to one-click, well at least I hope it's going to be a series the cover does say book one.
LuDena Radford
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touch of ice

Mary Auclair wrote a very involved story that pulled me inside and kept me racing to the last page . I look forward to reading the next book.
Anne Lepp
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book

This book is the first book of a series that I would like to read more of, the author has caught my attention from the first page to the last. Hope to read more in this series soon.
Questian
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free, advance copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased review.

This is the first book of the series, and it is really good. From the start up to the finish. All the elements of a good PNR book are there.

What I enjoy was the concept of the bonding of the dragons life to the human. It is a complicated matter, but at the same time, a brilliant idea. Yes, it hold danger to the human that the dragon are born with, but it is totally awesome.

I love the concept of the
Marianna
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley.com and BooksGoSocial for proving me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Reading Touch of Ice: Dawn of Dragons by Mary Auclair was like taking a breath of fresh air. First, I love a good fantasy. Throw in a bit of Sci-fi and a good doze of romance and I'm so IN! This book had it all. I literally stayed up until 4:00 AM reading because I just had to know what will happen on the next page. I just needed to read another chapter - YES! It was that good... The story a
Airwreckah
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways

Actual rating is 1.5 stars

Thoughts and Plot

I am conflicted on this one. The premise of this book is nothing short of intriguing. Delradons have taken over earth, their ruling class govern both Delradons and humans alike. The Lords and Ladies of the Delradons are connected to a dragon. This grants them extended life spans and more powerful than others of their race. But they got a problem. They have ser
Claire Cronin
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Mary, I was very intrigued with the blurb, the alien and dragon concept, I was well up for this - I was really happy with the majority of the book, its got a good storyline and some great characters!

Earth was about to self destruct with the humans warring against themselves, until the alien race, the Delradons, stepped in and took over, saving humanity and the earth whilst gaining themselves another world. The Delradon Lords have an intimate bond with a dragon for life,
Eva Millien
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been blessed! I have found another new author to read and a new series that I can sink my teeth into!

Mary Auclair is the new author and the series is Dawn of Dragons which is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi, paranormal romance which has both an historical feel but with futuristic touches that blends perfectly to make it easy to imagine the post-apocalyptic scenery and the lives of the characters that live there. The scenes are brought to brilliant life with well written words that produce the v
LaShanta Charles
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the plot of the book. I was completely engrossed by the idea of alien beings coming to save us from ourselves, save the earth from our ruin (silly humans, lol) and I absolutely adore dragons so it was like a win-win.

I loved Aldric's character. I liked that he was mostly silent and broody, but his bond with Rhyl was gorgeous. I loved their fierceness, their loyalty, the danger they represented. I also liked that Rhyl was just as playful as he was deadly. I liked his possessiveness (don't
JodyL
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This an amazingly great story! I really like the world that is created. The Draekon are Delradons who are connected to their dragons in everyway. They are both born at the same time and if one dies then the other will die too. They came to this planet to save it. Humans had pretty much destroyed earth and now the Draekons rule it.
Aldrich is a Draekon Lord and Rhyl is his dragon. They genetically test every woman at age eighteen to see if they carry a gene that means they can carry a Draekon baby
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
As a huge lover of sci-fi romance it’s safe to say I’ve read a lot of books in the genre. It’s also safe to say there aren’t many that truly stand out for me anymore, but Touch Of Ice certainly did. Heart pounding action, breath taking romance, deep emotions, suspense and intrigue are all flying off the pages set in this incredible world that Mary Auclair has built! She’s created a world familiar enough for me to be drawn in, but so distinctly unique it’s unlike anything I’ve read before.
There’
Tonya  Sheneman
Mar 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book had to much death a d sadness in it. There was not enough balance between the good and bad. I'm feeling depressed after reading this book. I won't read another book from this author. The author has good imagination and pretty good story telling, but she needs to not be so negative and sad. Mary. Please don't kill children or babies of any sort in your books.

This book had to much death and sadness in it. There was not enough balance between the good and evil. I could not handle the deat
Ani
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Touch of Ice starts with a slow burn but builds to thoroughly incorporate a building love affair and plenty of angst. Endora finally gave in to being an aliens mate but will this new adventure prove to be everything she needed?

I felt a connection to the characters from the beginning and went through the whirl of secrets and lies that the story produced. I very much enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more of its series. With intrigue and enemies at nearly every turn the next book migh
Ira
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Okay, I must admit that I wasn't sure whether I should read this book or not because - aliens. But - dragons. You see? I was a bit torn but then the dragon part won and I started reading. And read. And read. Aaaaand...read.
I really enjoyed reading this book! A unique story, well-spun and captivating with wonderful characters.

Lord Aldric Darragon was a bit too bossy but hey, he is important right, so it's probably okay, that he behaves that way especially as he is a bit tense due to all this fall
Jessica
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This book appealed to me because Sci-Fi, dragons, etc – they typical for me. I liked the book. I like how the author writes. However the only thing I can really say is she seemed to write it in preparation for a Sci-Fi movie and/or show. Which in my opinion it would be a very good movie and/or show. I just don’t like when things are written for that purpose and usually refrain reading such books. Maybe I feel this way because of Endorra’s actions. I get why she was like that but really? I really ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• In the Beginning
  • Dead Time (Between Two Evils, #3)
  • Dragon's Fire: A Reverse Harem Romance (Blood Prophecy, #1-5)
  • The Hunger
  • A Princess's Duty (Of Fire and Frost, #1)
  • Stolen Wish (Blood Realm #5)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • Sea Dragon (Dragon Knights, #9; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #1)
  • Spirit Warrior (Spirit Pass, #2)
  • Aldin's Wish (Enchanted Immortals, #1)
  • Undone (Unknown #3)
  • The Tide of War (Defending Epsilon #1)
  • The Shadow King (The Kings, #7)
  • The Infinity Gene (Girl on Fire, #2)
  • Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
  • For the Clan
  • In Search of Lost Dragons
  • Why You Were Taken (When Tomorrow Calls #1)
Mary grew up in the quiet peace of a small rural village in the heart of Quebec, Canada.

She spent her childhood chasing butterflies and catching frogs, playing in the mud and generally being as unladylike as she could. Her love of science led her to complete a mechanical engineering degree at the Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal, where she met the love of her life.

Years later, as she enjoyed the ro

Dawn of Dragons (2 books)
  • Caress of Fire (Dawn of Dragons, #2)
“True hatred wasn’t burning, like passion. It was a cold spot, empty and full at the same time, that made its home inside her heart, and now that it was there, she was afraid she could never get rid of it.” 0 likes