Start by marking “Talion (DI Munro & DS West #6)” as Want to Read:
Talion (DI Munro & DS West #6)

Talion

(DI Munro & DS West #6)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,021 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A young boy finds a body on a deserted Scottish beach. DS West searches for absconded DI Munro to help track down the killer.

Left to her own devices Detective Sergeant Charlie West struggles with the responsibility of a full-blown murder investigation when a man is pushed off a cliff.

Veteran crime-solver Detective Inspector Munro has disappeared having blown up his own h
Published January 17th 2018 by The Book Folks mystery thriller and suspense crime fiction publisher

To ask other readers questions about Talion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talion

Kathy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was good to catch up with this Scot team with the added treat of a visit to Islay. After explosion of DI Munro's house and his disappearance it was looking glum for DS West until a clue to Munro's location was solved. His guidance is required for solution to circumstances of dead body found on beach beneath a castle overlook.
Interesting characters and action. After catching up with this series I realized I never read the first one of the series, so I a going to correct that now. Perfect for
Nancy Brown
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These books are well written with tongue in cheek humour throughout while solving murders with nearly retired DI Munro and DS West. Recommend to all murder mystery enthusiast.
Janet Crabbe
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Lovely use of description, fast paced story, strong characters but not all run of the mill bad guys. Well worth a read and I will be looking out for more from this Author.
Ann Phillips
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced!

Enjoyable read. Minor is intelligent and entertaining. The cast of characters is diverse and entertaining. Keep them coming. I am a fan. Ann
M
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Scottish Mystery, Not Scandinavian or Noir

I chose this book because its synopsis read: “. . . a Scandinavian noir murder mystery set in Scotland.” I looked up “talion” which is “an eye-for-an-eye,” which made the book sound even more interesting.
Actually this is a decent, non-noir British police procedural about two (non-serial for a change) murders. There were no Scandinavian detectives involved, but I wasn’t disappointed.
The plot is straightforward, with two very different murders, and muc
barbara jones
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting. I didn't know any of the characters in the story. I think it might have been more interesting had I of read prior books in this series.

It was interesting to see how other police officers go about their day in relation to solving a murder. But without prior knowledge of this group, it was a bit difficult to sort out what was happening. Next time I need to start at book one. I am sure it would have been the best way to sort out this problem. It then would of made the story more intere
Kerry Swinnerton
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Munro, West, and the boys. Enjoy the “human-ness” of the characters and Pete Brassett manages to engage the reader not only with the characters, but also with his interesting story lines.
Am at a bit of a loss as to why it is described as a “Scandinavian noir” but that is obviously something I am missing completely.
Looking forward to reading the next instalment now, and hope that Mr Brassett decides to keep Jimbo working for a good while yet!
Patricia K. Epp
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Always thinking he is going to retire, Munro is too curious to let go

This one was a surprise as I was sure who the killer was . as an American reader, its also fun to find out the ways of British policing. The foods are different, the cars are unknown and the clothing has weird names. As a fan of Shetland, we love the Scottish mysteries and can't wait for the new shows. Going straight to the next book.
Patricia
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m completely hooked on the Munro and West series! The settings, the language, the typically Scottish Munro and the typically English West are delightful .... and the mysteries are always complicated enough to hold out to the end of each story. The relationship between DS West and her mentor DI Munro is charming as well.

So enjoying the series!
Betty Torma
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good enjoyable book with an unsurprising surprising ending. We'll worth a read

I really enjoyed this book. It was a very good who did it with many possible killers
Even at the last chapter new reasons for the murder came to light. I suggest if you like Agatha Christie and Rex stoudt, you should try this book. I will definitely read more of this series.
Gary
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the story and the characters. I didn’t realise when I bought it that it’s the 6th book in a series. They do refer to previous stories in this book. I will check out the other books in the future once I have forgotten this story
Gary Van Cott
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book to be a bit confusing, especially with the similarly named DC Dougal McCrae and DC Duncan Reid who are usually referred to by their first names. I also thought the ending was rather abrupt.
Marie Shirley Griffin
Rather odd

I truly enjoyed book\series , but it's hard to follow if you don't pay attention to the names of the main characters, and their relationships.

And that's before you get to the mystery, which is just as tricky.
Erik Empson
You don't get rid of an old stalwart that easily, so DI Munro is back in this murder mystery by Pete Brassett. No swearing, no children locked in dark rooms, no hidden agenda - its all intricate plot, devilish dialogue, and enough twists to make you spin.
kristine
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Camp. Boring. Disappointing

I have read others in this series, and enjoyed them.the novels were well written and not camp. I wonder if this is he same writer, it's so shallow and predictable?
KarenFamily
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story, needs an editor

I've read the other of these and they're always good.
But they need an editor. They are mediocre without one and would be very good with one. One of those authors whose stories are good enough to deserve editing.
Wanda
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talion

I loved this book. This series is entertaining.
I don't think Monroe will ever retire willingly.
he can't resist a good mystery.
Carolann Hiller
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful series

Love the down to earth characters. Many layers involved in the hunt for the culprits of murder and deceit. Continuing on to read next in series.
Tony Allison
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

Great story line, well crafted, difficult to put down.
Read the series in order to enjoy Munro and West at their best
Chandru CS
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Good morning

Good night game night for love you night game night love and night night game love and night game love you love
Murray Bray
Geoffrey Goodman
Jan 30, 2018
Robin Goodwin
Mar 29, 2018
After a career spanning thirty years as a creative in the design industry, including stints in Paris, London and New York, Pete gave it all up to allow his fertile imagination the opportunity to run riot across the page instead.
Drawing initially on his experiences abroad he soon focused his efforts on subjects a little closer to home, in and around his native Scotland, weaving intricate tales of m

DI Munro & DS West (7 books)
  • She (DI Munro & DS West #1)
  • Avarice (DI Munro & DS West #2)
  • Enmity (DI Munro & DS West #3)
  • Duplicity (DI Munro & DS West #4)
  • Terminus (DI Munro & DS West, #5)
  • Perdition (Detective Inspector Munro murder mysteries Book 7)