Start by marking “Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)

(Muse Chronicles #6)

He's willing to lay down his life, to save hers...

Tera Muldoon not only runs her own dance studio, but she's also secretly the human vessel for the Muse of Dance. Having her name at the top of an immortal's hitlist isn't helping her social anxiety issues, but everything changes the day she hires a bodyguard.

Gavin Thompson is the best at what he does, and when his security
Published June 18th 2018 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Dance of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance of the Heart

Start your review of Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)
Teri
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series and I most definitely enjoyed this the true ending to the story. Loads of intrigue and of course the muse of Dance finds her guardian. It's all in good fun watching Tera come out of her shell. She shows us just how strong she really is. It's a sweet story as she and Gavin find their place in each others lives. Most importantly everything gets tied up nicely by this author as we say adieu to the muses and their guardians they will be missed.

This author has given us a groups of
Elaine
I eagerly anticipated reading this book and I have to say I definitely wasn’t disappointed! This is the sixth book in the series - and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed them all . . . . mind you, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all the books I’ve read by this highly talented author!

In this story, Tera Muldoon is the Muse of Dance and all the Muses and their guardians agree she is the most likely next target in danger from the vengeful immortal who is trying to end their lives and their dreams. For this reason,
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Tensions are reaching a boiling point in the “war” between Kronos, the father of Zeus, and this generation’s reborn daughters of Zeus, known as muses. Now that Kronos has escaped Tartarus, he wants retribution on Zeus for overthrowing and imprisoning him. His way to do so is to retaliate on the human vessels of Zeus’s daughters. Prophecy states that every muse will have a guardian with abilities to protect them in their time of need.

Tera Muldoon is this generation’s Muse of Dance. She is a
Olivia Welch
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book about Tera and Gavin was breath taking! I pictured what her dances were, what her mother may have done to her, and what it felt like to be empowered and not shy. I felt like I was her while trying to break out of my shell... it was a beautiful transformation to see. Such an amazing book that anyone can enjoy!!!
Linda
Prepare to be blown away!

“Dance with me.”

Dance of the Heart is the sixth fabulous installment in Lisa Kessler’s Muse Chronicles series. It can be read as a stand alone if you insist, but be aware that there is a plotline which has been building with every release. That said, Lisa is great about filling in necessary information from what has transpired previously – so there’s no worry that newbies will ever be lost. But, the series is so wonderful. If you can, read it from the first. You won’t
Shayay
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really love this series! It's great to see the story really evolving! I'd start with the first book in the series before starting this one, but each book is about a different couple. There's a storyline throughout the whole series, and past main characters have roles in this book. In this book, the muses are still in danger; especially with an angry, unruly god on the loose. Tera is one of the muses, the muse of dance, that lives on her own, so a bodyguard is hired to help protect her. Gavin is ...more
Gina
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this story about the muse of dance meeting her Guardian. He was hired to protect her but as they become emotionally involved the Guardian must keep his head on straight which becomes very hard. With his new power of super speed he will have to use it even if time stands still. Of course the other muses and Guardians will have a showdown with Kronos. There is only one muse left who needs to meet her Guardian and I am looking forward to the next book in the series. I received a ...more
April Mollenkopf
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from this author! Love the Muse series. This one is about the Muse of Dance, Tera, and her Guardian bodyguard Gavin. The chemistry between these two is hot and oh so sweet. The threat of Kronos is high and they all have a big battle ahead. The time is coming closer. I can’t wait for the next book. The ending was a bit of a twister and now I am anxious to read what happens next! Exciting stuff.
Lisa
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Muse Chronicles series! It's always magic when a muse meets her guardian, and Tera and Gavin's story has been my favorite. The tempo of the story and relationship is fast paced, but the writing and plot makes it to where you don't say "but in real life...". The reader easily allows themselves to suspend belief, and dive right in. Fans of the series get treated to humor, romance, action, and a little bit of justice. And now that we have a little sneak peek into what ...more
Patricia
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is the sixth book in the series and I feel they just keep getting better . Tera is a dance instructor who is also has the muse of dance . When she is threatened and on the top of a hit list . She has to do something so she hires a bodyguard . Gavin Thompson who really is good at his job but when he meets Tera all things are thrown out the window and love blossoms.
I simply adore this series, the characters are so well written and complex. I love Tera she is so sweet and tough . But she is
Elizabeth Neal
**Disclaimer: As there is an overall plot throughout this series, I highly recommend reading the books in order for continuity.**

Tera, the Muse of Dance, is also the owner of a dance studio. Fitting, right? Her love for dance is as much a part of her as the muse she embodies. And though she's overcome so much due to her past, it left it's mark as well. Tera suffers from social anxiety, a byproduct of the life she was forced to live thanks to someone who should've loved and supported her, not
Penny
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the reasons I am drawn to Ms. Kessler’s books is just how well she draws the reader into the romance of a story, and this book is no exception. Tera is a shy, withdrawn person except when it comes to dancing, and I love how well we feel her hesitation. We also get to see one of the reasons she’s this way with the introduction of her mother. The author did so well in this characterization that I just wanted to slap her mother silly! Along comes her Guardian, and she begins to come out of ...more
Cheryl
Dance of the Heart

Another outstanding story from this author! The love story is fabulous and all the Muses are so likeable as are the Guardians. The series is wonderful and when the last book is published I will be re-reading the complete series again. The books are that good.
Karen Cino
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I jumped right into the middle of the series and I loved it. I enjoyed the growing relationship between Tera and Gavin. This was a quick read and I'm going to go back and read the series from the beginning.
Jan Murphree
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was AWESOMW!!!! Love this Muse Chronicles Series...this book was the best read this year!!!
I loved the book!!... it was so good...I wont give anything away...BUT you need to read this one...<3 <3 <3
Jennifer Willison
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This whole series is amazing. Each book is better than the last.
Jeri
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the concept of the Greek Mythology Muses and their guardians it brings to mind those epic tales. Gavin and Tera each have their vulnerabilities and brokeness,but their connection leaps off the page and makes them strong. The action, romance and adventure blended perfectly. The was plenty of tension to keep you turning the page. I love Ms. Kessler's series they always deliver a heart pounding story.
JodyL
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly HOT!

Wow! ! !
I didn't see that coming!
Tera has always been the shy introvert who hardly ever talked to anyone except Polly. She opened up a little bit to Clio and Callie after Polly's death. But now that Gavin is on the scene she is showing her funny side.
Gavin is assigned as her bodyguard and discovers that he is her guardian and has superspeed as his power.
Gavin has a past experience that keeps him from letting himself love at first. But with Tera's hidden strength and humor he sees
Becki
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dance of the Heart

Ohhh this series is so good. Every time I read one I think it's my favorite. But then I read the next book and think it's my favorite. A dancing muse and a dancing guardian, it doesn't get any better for me. I'm excited to read book 7.
Paula
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles #6) by Lisa Kessler is part of an awesome series. I would suggest that the boos be read in order but perhaps if the reader understand the prophecy they could read this one as a stand-alone. Still I think the enjoyment of Tera’s story would be enhanced if the others especially the first book was already read.

Tera Muldoon is this generation Muse of Dance who desperately need a bodyguard. Enter Gavin Thompson. However, it is never simple for the Tera and her
Dana Busenbark
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this 6th book of the series, we meet Gavin Thompson. He is a friend of Nate. How does Nate know him? Who else ends up recognizing him in thisstory was a trip! I had some suspicions, and they were confirmed much later in the story. What does Gavin do for a livign? Why is he at the dance studio that Tera owns?Things getMIGHTY interesting in this book. We do not hear much of a peep of anything from Zack in this book and that is disheartening! While only one more Muse has yet to find her ...more
Bobbi Haden
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Muse Chronicles are so fascinating. We get to learn how each Muse finds their Guardian and watch them build their relationships and theater, to one day bring humanity together.

I love Gavin and Tera’s story. When a shy person is able to step out of their comfort zone to show the world what they can do...it’s inspiring. Gavin is an all business kind of guy until he hires on to protect the beautifully talented dance teacher.

Tera has stayed out of society’s social circles, except for her
Aurora
Shelves: mythology
I love this series!

Mythology has been something I’ve loved since I found out where my name came from when I was 7. Romance books are something I discovered later and came to love almost as much, but books with mythology and romance make me ecstatic. This series has kept me hooked from the start, and the latest installment involving an incarnation of the muse of dance and her Guardian had me devouring the book. I loved how caring and giving Tera is with those she teaches dance to and Gavin. Gavin
Jen
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series continues to blow me away! Tera is the shy, quiet one who carries the Muse of Dance inside of her. Gavin is the bodyguard brought in to help protect her, since she is the only Muse living alone. With Kronus looking to get Tera in order to torture her, and hopefully lure Zeus back to this world, Gavin will have to accept his role as her Guardian. He will attempt to save her and find out if the sparks that exist between them are real and if they can both put their pasts behind them and ...more
Donna
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dance of the Heart may be my favorite of the series to date. Tera has survived a stage mother, an eating disorder and dancing on the Metropolitan Opera’s stage. Now she has a Greek Titan gunning for her. She may need a little help. When the guy she’d crushed on from afar during her high school days turns up as not only her bodyguard but turns out to be her fated Guardian she is tickled.
I love that Tera is stronger than she knows and that Gavin is perfectly flawed. Their dance gave me shivers of
Bobbie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tera Muldoon, the muse of dance grew up with a painful pass and a controlling mother. Finding the courage, Tera moves away and joins her muse sisters. Together they fight an immortal set out to destroy all that they are. But each muse has a guardian marked by the gods who were created to protect them, and when a muse finds their guardian his special power is released. Gavin Thompson runs a security company, when he's hired to watch over Tera he finds out he's more then just a body guard.
Denise Van plew
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here we go again with another delightful installment in this series this time centered around dance. Dance can have you feeling all the way to the center of the soul. The characters this one centers around are Tera and Gavin. She gets you with these two I do believe more than the other ones too. She sears you with the heat these two generate when they come together. The drama is not skimpy either but high caliber. Another one delivered that keeps you enthralled from beginning to end.
Vickie Raynor
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tera and Gavin were perfect for each other. His superhuman abilities was spot on. This book was fantastic and just as awesome as the others in this series. I enjoyed it throughout. The suspense was off the hook and the danger forever present. Throw a burning romance in and I found a winner. Book gifted to me.
Tania Rodriguez
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved it!!!!

OMG!!! I felt on my tippy toes reading this books. I couldn't stop reading it and find what was going to happen next!!! I m impress. Love it and I m about to buy the next book. So Now I have the 7 books and can read them over & over again!!!
Janet
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dances into your heart!

Tera and her guardian had me so enthralled, I actually was sad to see their story finish! I actually hoped that somehow there would be more chapters. That is the mark of a great story when you long for more...I can't wait for the final muse story!

• Hollywood Princess
  • Hollywood Prince
  • Deadlock (Hacker World, #1)
  • Cash (The Henchmen MC, #2)
  • Wolf (The Henchmen MC, #3)
  • Repo (The Henchmen MC, #4)
  • Duke (The Henchmen MC, #5)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • Hollywood Playboy
  • Shadow (Linear Tactical #6)
  • The Babysitter (Professionals, #5)
  • Coldest Fire (Dominion, #3)
  • The Reluctant Viking (Viking I, #1)
  • Fae Worlds
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Viking's Moon
  • Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled

Muse Chronicles (7 books)
  • Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)
  • Light of the Spirit (Muse Chronicles, #4)
  • Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)
  • Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)
“I just discovered I’m completely unprepared to seduce you.”
“I swear to you, Snoopy has never looked sexier.”
25 likes