Start by marking “HeartOn (Full Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
HeartOn (Full Hearts, #2)

HeartOn

(Full Hearts #2)

When an injury sidelines NFL player Deion McCaskillmaybe permanentlyhe heads to Miami to stay with an old college teammate and his boyfriend. He packs his tailor-made suits, anxiety about the future, and the bisexuality hes ignored for years because it didnt fit with his drive to succeed at footballs most elite levels.

Set designer Carlos Kelly has always known hes bi, but
ebook
Published January 25th 2018 by Amy Jo Cousins

To ask other readers questions about HeartOn, please sign up.

Start your review of HeartOn (Full Hearts, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
My favorite thing about this book: both MCs are bi and not white. HALLELUJAH!

I want to see characters of all ethnicities in my stories. I live in a white-washed state, and there are days I literally want to cry from the lack of diversity. So reading about an African-American football player (Deion) and Puerto Rican stage designer/carpenter (Carlos) made me really fucking happy.

The bisexual aspect was really well done, too. Carlos is comfortable flirting with men; he's always hung with the gay
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

This was super cute, super sweet, and super hot! Deion and Carlos were great together.

I love books dealing with first time explorations, and these two added a dose of realism and comedy to that. Neither, but especially Deion, had ever spoken aloud of their bisexuality, let alone acted on it. And when it came time to talk mechanics, prep and expectations....my heart melted while I also laughed my ass off.

Their whole conversation after watching a video about proper prep for a
Nile Princess
DNF @ 49%. Really, I can't. This book is boring me to tears. I have to keep skimming to get to the point. There is all this extra prose and internal monologuing that I don't care about. What should have felt like slow build, and therefore perfectly reasonable, just felt torturous.

And this is a really big pet peeve of mine - DON'T write a black character if you're not going to do/say anything else about him other than put a black man on the cover. If this were a paperback, and someone had ripped
Maria Rose
HeartOn by Amy Jo Cousins is a sexy LGBTQ romance with two men exploring their bisexuality for the first time in a vacation romance that leaves them wanting more.

Deion, a pro football player, is sidelined with a possible career ending injury when he visits his ex-teammate Josh, happily partnered up with massage therapist Benji (see HeartShip for their story) in Miami. Josh and Benji have opened up their own clinic offering personal training and massage and are up front that they'd like Deion to
ReadingAllNite
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
4.5 rounding up. What a gem of a story! HeartShip was cute but short, and it was nice that HeartOn also adds more development to Josh and Benjis characters, when Deion comes to stay with them. Theyre an integral part of the story without taking up too much page time. Carlos has harbored a crush on Deion since they met a couple of years before. Both are secretly bisexual and have never pursued that part of themselves, yet manage to convey their attraction to each other. You can all guess how the ...more
Amy Cousins
Jan 21, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
If you spotted Deion and Carlos in the background of HeartShip and thought, "Ooh, wouldn't it be awesome if those two were both secretly bi and realized it when they met and made a pact to try everything they'd always fantasized about, but only for two weeks?", then this is the book for you. ;)
Ash
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this new book by Amy Jo Cousins. I've been shipping Benji and Josh ever since their original short was published in the Wish Come True anthology, and loved their expanded story in HeartShip. Going into HeartOn, I didn't remember Carlos or Deion in much detail but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of this book at all. It can be read completely as a standalone.

HeartOn is a quick, sweet and steamy book. The relationship between Deion and Carlos builds pretty slowly, more
Kristie
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Slitsread.

Oh, how Ive missed the words from Amy Jo Cousins...She just knows how to melt my cold, black heart.

In HeartOn, book two in the Full Hearts series, my heart melted, I swooned a little, and Im pretty sure I told my husband to go away while reading. I mean, when there is a book in my hand, that means DO NOT DISTURB. And no, I did not want to be disturbed while reading this. Why? Well, because HeartOn is simply delightful.

In this story about coming out, self discovery, love and
Apolishedreader
Two guys exploring their bisexuality can be so hot. They are so mature about it, too! Researching together and getting to know each other. Ngh. Their attraction is palpable with chemistry for days! And surprisingly slow burn.

This is a quick read, steamy and sweet. And these two have some of the best friends, a solid circle for sure. They know how to respect boundaries (even I suck at that with my closest friends) and are just stellar people. And Carlos's family is pretty sweet, too.

The ending
Rafa Brewster
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for https://justlovereviews.com/2018/01/3...

If you enjoyed HeartShip, the first book in this series, chances are good that youll also like HeartOn. It proved to be a fun and flirty not to mention hot and sweaty read that checked off quite a few of my favorite boxes.

Whats not to love about two dudes embarking on a fling to explore their bisexuality? I mean did you see that cover? And by all accounts, Carlos (presumably thats Deion on the cover) was no slouch either looking like a
Jessica Alcazar
YOU GUYS! . This book WELL FUCKING DONE Amy Jo!!

There is nothing that gets my reader motor going running more than realistic fiction. And this story was realistic to the gazillionth degree. Especially the sexual awakening, if you will, of both Carlos and Deion. You see, both these guys have known their sexual orientation but never explored it with another man. So theyre not aware of the nuances, for lack of a better term, of two men having sexual intercourse LOL And instead of just jumping off
Meep
Mar 09, 2018 marked it as dnf
Quitting at 51% bored.

Liked that the characters are both bi, more believable than gfy x2.
Also the cover caught my attention a coloured character and a Puerto Rican character promised something different. However I can't decide if the story was an overly cautious attempt to be PC and in effort to avoid the cliches of 'chocolate skin'... descriptions are avoided. We learn Deion has sharp cheek bones, he licks his lips pink, he has a six-pack - that's it. If he didn't refer to Josh mentally as
Jules Lovestoread
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. There were parts of this that were really fun. I liked Carlos and Deion both very much, but didn't feel them as a couple really until almost the end of the book. I just didn't love this one as much as I loved HeartShip. :/ Full review coming to www.thenovelapproachreviews.com
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 Stars!

First off, I will never stop staring at that cover. NEVER.

Second, the story is just as amazing as the cover. It's sweet and fun and sexy and fairly low on the angst and it was just a damn treat to read from start to finish!

Some things that I loved:
~ Two POC heroes!
~ Both come out as bi
~ And the way they do it, so casually while also nervous inside, is fucking adorable
~ Their explorations of sex, and each other, is hot and fun
~ And also super frank -- like watching videos about
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

- Review to come
- so many things I've loved in this book *^*
- and another is planned, yay. :3

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words
DepictonFiction
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is book 2 in the series and is just like book 1 a pleasant short read. Great that the two MCs are not white. ...more
Annie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars- Sweet, sexy, and delightful

Sometimes Im in the mood for a romance that will put me through minimal angst but still deliver all those warm fuzzies. HeartOn was precisely that. While this is the second book in the Full Hearts series and theres an overlap of characters, HeartOn can easily be read as a standalone.

Carlos and Deion were introduced to readers in the first book of the series, and while I liked the glimpses, I knew very little about them and started this book with a clean
Joyfully Jay
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

HeartOn is the second book in Amy Jo Cousins Full Hearts series. The first book was originally published as the short story The Christmas Ship as part of the Wish Come True anthology. Cousins has now revised and expanded the story into the novella HeartShip. While I read the short story, I didnt read the novella, but I dont think that affected my enjoyment here. The books are linked in that Benji and Josh are close friends with both men and actually feature quite
Dmitri Parker
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was pretty good. And longer than the first of the series. And it felt. The author could insist on the slow growth of the relationship, the tough decisions, the weighing up of priorities.. And still have room left for dumping events in the background, skipping them over.

I think this is the first novel where making the main characters versatile as opposed to either top or bottom didn't make me frown. I don't know how Amy Jo did it, but she did it. Finally it didn't sound stupid that the guys
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

I am huge fan of Amy Jo Cousin's work and this is a nice addition to here new series.

We have a lot of tropes and fun going on here. This book is a good time as our two heroes take the time to explore their bisexuality. They have real reason for trying this out quietly. Though for me, the hiding from friends stuff last a bit too long.

Each hero is well drawn though I was more attached to Carlos than Deion. I wanted to "see" and understand him more and for him to take more emotionial
Earlyn
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
what a surprising good read. I know I've read books by this author before, but for some reason I was going with a closed mind when I started.
Of course it proved me wrong. I love the way the guys came together. Both Bi, but have never gave into temptation because for one reason or another. The met each other a while back, and left an impression on each other. Met again, and they started chatting, they decided that they should explore that side of themselves. Just for the short time they had
Sakuko
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this one more than the first book, though the end pulled it down a star.

I really liked that the relationship did not happened as lightning-fast as in the first part. Technically it still happens in a rather short time frame, but it's more than just a few days, and it also takes up a all of the book. I felt the pacing was a lot better, though I thought the separate scenes where sometimes a bit choppy, and it wasn't always quite clear where and when a new scene was happening.

I really
Tori
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
3.5 stars rounded up.

I liked this. I enjoyed how the narrative allowed both characters to work through their newfound sexualities, but with minimal drama. It was hot and fun, and I absolutely bought the romance, even over such a short period of time.
Mateo
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot, really hot but also fresh and romantic. A great recipe.
Lauren loves llamas
Remember how I said HeartShip, the first in the Full Hearts series, was sweet and lovely? Yeah, this is somehow even better. Can your read this book without reading the first? Yes, but, seriously, its not that long of a book, and its less than a dollar right now, just go read it!

Im about to go meet a man I think about way more than is healthy. And he doesnt even know who the fuck I am. Also, hes straight. Also, I sleep with girls. Life is too short to deal with unnecessary drama.

Carlos knows the
KA
This was a solid read, as expected from this author, although I did trip over a few things that bother me more than they probably do other people.

1) The writing initially felt like I was reading fan fiction of a non-canon couple getting together while a canon couple chews up the scenery in the background. (view spoiler)
Aerin
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series
HeartOn is a wonderful, sweet, insanely hot book that's tells the story of two bisexual me who fall in love with each other. Seriously, this book was a balm to my heart and exactly what I needed right now. Low drama, amazing character diversity, and hot chemistry between our MCs is perfection!

Deion is a professional football player who's recovering from an injury that leaves the future of his career in uncertainty. Deion accepts the invitation of his best friend Josh to come and visit him and
Roberta Blablanski
I give this 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I think I'm burnt out on football player romances. As someone who is not a sports fan, I suppose that's not too surprising. I've seen lots of 4 and 5 star ratings for HeartOn, and I get how those readers took such a liking to Deion and Carlos. However, I felt like there wasn't enough insight into each of their struggles with coming out as bi to their families. I wanted to know how each dealt with coming out and the reactions from their families. And, specifically
Rhode
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-for-me
Its supposed to be a romance but reads more like an affair. I dont see that the two leads have spent enough quality time doing anything, besides bedding each other, to have an HEA. And the various obstacles - one has a traditional family, the other an NFL career - are mentioned but not exactly dealt with because the novella doesnt have space for them.

What really annoyed me were two things both which felt like sexism. The first was their friends, a m/m couple, having made big efforts to share
Erika
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much fun!

Sweet and sexy! Nice to see Josh and Benji again, with a sideline into the work it takes to build a relationship.

Carlos and Deion are fantastic characters. Its easy to connect with their struggles in finding new aspirations when career or health or talent doesnt work out like you dreamed. Its an ugly secret of adulthood that sometimes giving everything you have doesnt guarantee everything you want, and when you get there you might not want it anymore. Growing up means growing - even

• Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Once Upon A Wolf (Wayward Wolves, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Surprise Groom (Marital Bliss, #1)
  • Whisper (Skins, #2)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • Launch the Hunt (Grizzly Rim #1)
  • Arctic Fire
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Squared Away (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Driftwood
  • This Dame for Hire
  • Accidentally on Purpose
  • Gemini Rules Capricorn (Signs of Love, #3.5)
  • Surrender the Chase (Grizzly Rim, #2)
  • Embrace the Beast (Grizzly Rim #3)
  • Dragon's Heat (City Dragons, #1)
To get updates on Amy Jo's new releases, sign up for her newsletter at http://eepurl.com/YdVW1.

Amy Jo Cousins lives in Chicago, where she writes queer romance, tweets more than she ought, and sometimes runs way too far. She loves her boy and the Cubs, who taught her that being awesome doesn't necessarily have anything to do with winning.

Full Hearts (2 books)
  • HeartShip (Full Hearts, #1)