Start by marking “Free to Breathe” as Want to Read:
Free to Breathe

Free to Breathe

The price of fame - One life - FOREVER.
The price of love - Heartbreak.
The price of one regrettable mistake + fame = Hopelessness

Be careful what you wish for.
Noah Haxby learned that lesson a little too late.
Young and impressionable, he followed the orders from the kingmakers of rock, gathered a massive following, and gained notoriety for his hellraising behavior.
Years late

To ask other readers questions about Free to Breathe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free to Breathe

Helen Foster
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbbf18, york-18, rare18
A management puppet! that's Noah Haxby's world. Its all smoke and mirrors. Hes not the bad boy the press make him out to be. All he wants is to be a father to is son. A man he feels his parents can be proud of.
Maggie meets Noah during the worst experience of her life but what follows is an amazing story of 2 people who are drawn together as only soul mates can be. even with everything the world has to throw at them.
This story is full of twists and turns i did not see coming. its about making y
Nese
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a story about a huge injustice.
A game of life between the media scrounging for salacious news, and Noah.
The young Rock Star who would go on to make a lot of money, for a lot of different people.
Like the puppet that he was, Noah led the hedonistic lifestyle cultivated, and encouraged
by his managment, and reported endlessly by the ever present reporters.

By the time Noah met and ditched his first girlfriend he was already a legend, a bad boy.
She then used his bad reputation to her advanta
Kathy Aronoff
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars
To say Free To Breathe takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride is an understatement. K.L Shandwick latest rock romance packs a punch, dealing with some really serious issues. Noah Hixby has ruined Maggie's sisters' life, he's a selfish prick who is sex, drugs and rock & roll, right? Not so fast, both of these characters are suffering for very different reasons. I loved Noah and in all honesty Maggie tried my patience a bit but any book that makes you want to scream, cry, sha
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
What a rollercoaster of emotions Free to Breathe was. As usual with anything this lady writes I was smitten from the very first page. Noah and Maggie had a connection that some people only dream about both were hurting in different ways but maybe if they gave themselves a chance they could be the ones to heal each other.

Noah Haxby is a manufactured rockstar he was lead by his management company and definitely wasn't given the right advice within the industry and his private life leading him on
Wendy Hodges
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotional subject based read. Varied issues keep this interesting and extremely full on which left me feeling a little raw at times, just how much pressure and angst being thrown at them can one couple take and still remain sane. Maggie not only looking after her young niece and coping with a major loss, ends up with so much more. Little Molly is a delight, not only being adorable she is bright and very intelligent, mainly due to her aunt. Her need for a "Real Daddy" nearly broke my heart, bu ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
If you are looking for a rock romance, that is more romance than rock? Then you will want to one click this one from KL Shandwick. There is a lot of emotions in this story and at times you will be holding your breath to find out the outcomes.

Noah Haxby has a reputation, a rock star, drunken, womaniser who just doesn’t care, but what you see isn’t always what you get. The press has painted Noah like this but he is fed up with this portrayal and gets his chance to break away when he meets Maggie.
Linda Rimer-Como
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are many twists and turns, as Noah and Maggie journey through life's ups and downs. The storyline is full of emotion, sadness and joy and I could not put this book down. Amazing story by a truly talented author with fantastic characters. Great read, don't miss it!

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book; all opinions expressed are my own.
Wendy Porter
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maggie and Noah’s story was a beautifully written emotional rollercoaster of emotions hate, love, despair. I loved this story so much and couldn’t put it down. Maggie’s first initial thoughts of Noah are all that’s she’s read in newspapers and what over people say little does she expect the man who she gets to know. I’d highly recommend as a must read book just make sure you have some tissues.
Laid-back Book Bitches
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I was not ready for this emotional rollercoaster I did not want to get off of, I loved the twist and turns. This book shows the real feelings behind Noah's struggle. This book drew me in and would not let me go. I love these characters so dang much. This love story is like none I have read yet this year. These 2 are soul mates at the best. KL Shandwick never disappoints.... This book is a must read, go get your copy...
Isabella Bazz
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual KL rocked this book. Truly fantastic book. Two great characters meeting during a tough time of Maggie's life. I loved how the book gives us both Noah and Maggie's thoughts, it makes us understand what is going on in their minds. Looking forward to next book. ❤❤❤❤❤❤ ...more
Lou
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah Haxby is the frontman of Fr8Load, so he's a rock star. His life is all over the media, for all to see and judge. Noah started his career at a young age & he was being told what to do and how to act by his management team. That has left Noah with a reputation that precedes him, and a life that isn't what he wants. Noah doesn't feel like he's living, he feels like he's surviving. That is until after the performance in Australia.
Maggie is a school teacher, she's seen the media and knows of
Sonia
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Noah and Maggie's story is filled with angst and sadness. she blames him and his lifestyle for her sisters death. he had no idea who her sister was but felt connected to Maggie the second he saw her on the plane, and the sadness he saw in her eyes. their story us unconventional. complicated with lots of issues from the outside world and and the past. she has to trust him enough to want to be with him. the real him and not the public perception that his management team put out there. everyone wan ...more
Elmarie Pieterse
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hello emotional rollercoaster!!!!!! Omg I cried, swooned, laughed and had oh hell no moments throughout this book!!!! Noah and Maggie's story will captivate right from the start!!! Poor Noah has always been judged wrong just because he's a rock star and then by a really difficult and emotional time Maggie meets Noah and the Chemistry between them are instant!!! There love story will make you believe in soul mates and true love again!!!!! Wow this book had me so wrapped up in it I didn't want it ...more
Lisa
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is the very thing I love about rocker books, the inside look at their hearts desires coming true or not in vivid color. These two characters were fated to meet in awful circumstances and fall for each other despite how hurtful the situation. Maggie is living her wild sisters life because of her indifference to her obligations despite having gone to school getting a good solid job. Nick is living the life fabricated for him by his bands first management and living with the circumstance ...more
Joanne Bulmer
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How would I describe this book? A beautifully written emotional roller coaster that grips you from the first page. I really don't want to give too much away, this story is so addictive, you really need to experience the it for yourself. Maggie and Noah meets during the most devastating time of her life. A situation which she believes he is partly responsible for. Noah is the bad boy front man of a rock band, or so the media would have you believe. In reality he is the complete opposite but ends ...more
Tricia
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
You definitely shouldn’t judge Noah Haxby by his on stage persona. A product of his management team, Noah is so much more down to earth, more emotional than his public profile would suggest. Many years down the line from his youthful success, a more mature Noah has served his time as a party hard rocker and has suffered the consequences in the harshest of ways.

As we’ve come to expect from this author, she does a wonderful job of bringing us the real people behind the fame and the music. Noah and
Serena Worker
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maggie meets Noah after the death of her sister and doesn’t have a high opinion of him. When Noah learns who Maggie is he offers her support in whatever way he can. Maggie has heard everything about Noah through the tabloids, but after talking with him she realises that he was nothing, but a puppet created by his management team.
Noah and Maggie have so much going on, Noah battling fighting his addictions after loosing the right to see his son and Maggie not only has lost her sister, but also bec
Rachel
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, K.L has me blown away with this emotional roller coaster of a book. I'm so frustrated with Hugh, he tries but can't quite figure how to get himself together. Hopefully after meeting Maggie they can both start on their paths together. Such an emotional read.
Kendra Needs
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was just outstanding, I was hooked from the start of the book right till the end and still wanting more of Noah and Maggie's story.

Maggie and Noah have so many ups and downs that by the end of the book I was still waiting for the other shoe to drop again. They go through so much together and apart, that you cant help but feel right along with them.

This author has a way of writing stories that will pull at every heart string you have and you will still continue to read the words that s
Suzie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought I knew what I was getting when I opened this latest book from KL Shandwick but oh my I wasn’t prepared for the emotional journey I went on with Noah and Maggie. Theirs is a love story like no other, out of grief came something beautiful but the road ahead wasn’t easy.

This book was brilliantly written to show the real feelings behind Noah’s struggle and with every fibre of my being I willed him to hang on in there and fight for what is right.

Maggie was a great character even though sh
Krista Webster
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really thoughtful story about Noah and Maggie. It is well written, emotional and raises many interesting issues that will keep you thinking long after you've finished the book. The story starts with Maggie having to deal with the death of her sister and then we see how she copes with everything that happens afterwards. Enter Noah, a hot rock star, who is terribly misunderstood and struggling to cope with the way his life has turned out. They begin a love - hate relationship and I was really impr ...more
Donna Flint
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maggie's sister is dead. She needs someone to blame and Noah Haxby is guilty. The only problem is, Maggie finds out Noah knows nothing of the situation. Does that mean he's not to blame? As she gets to know him, he slowly changes her mind. Noah just wants to see his son. He doesn't want all the trappings of fame and all the publicity that comes from being a rock star. Can the two of them get through all the junk life is throwing at them to be good parents to Maggie's dead sister's little girl an ...more
A.J. Love
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** REVIEW ***

Free to Breathe by K. L. Shandwick

4.5 shiny stars for this one.

What an emotional rollercoaster that was!
Every time I thought things would finally settle for Maggie and Noah, Shandwick hit me with and their curve ball. Blimey!
I loved seeing their relationship grow and felt like I really experienced the highs and lows with them!
Maggie is such a strong person and I honestly wish I had an ounce of her strength.
Noah is the epitome of bad boy trying to do good. I just want to sit him
Ann Meemken
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah is made out by the press to be the bad boy rocker. His reputation in the media has cost him a lot in his personnel life.

Maggie is going through a difficult time in her life. Her life is turned upside down by it.

Noah and Maggie are both lost as to how to go on with their lives.

Their story is marvelous. It is a story of friendship, hope, heartbreak and most of all love. It has many twists and turns in this story. The ending was beautiful. I love this book.
Yorrinda Regtien
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
It took me somewhat long to finish this book.
I did like it. But for me it lacked somewhat in suspense.
I could easily put it down and pick it up the next day.
I did love the characters and the struggles they go trough.
Also I love the message that this book sends out. There's more to everything than meets the eye.
Will definitley try another book written by this author!
Natasha Hooks
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book totally grabbed me in the beginning. It started to loose me towards the end and then just had me flat out hating the heroine, Maggie. There were parts that literally had me closing the book because it Maggie started to come off as a whiny irritating girl that I did not want Noah to be with. I felt like she didn't deserve my man!
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this ages ago bit for some reason just realised I hadn't reviewed it! I really enjoyed this story, loved the characters and the mystery behind some parts of the story! Another great book from KL!
Amanda Bishop
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, so many emotions in this book. An amazing read xx
Jacquie Howard
Feb 28, 2018
Ida
Feb 23, 2018
K.L. Bio

Writing came relatively late in life for KL after a challenge by a friend led to The Everything Trilogy. She loves creating new characters and storylines. KL has worked in the health and social care sector for most of her adult life, so to have the opportunity to step out of serious roles and create colourful characters is very rewarding. She enjoys where they take her, and each character