Start by marking “Kissing the Boss (Fairy Tale Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kissing the Boss (Fairy Tale Quartet, #2)

Kissing the Boss

(Fairy Tale Quartet #2)

What’s the one thing you shouldn’t do when your boss is your ruthless evil widowed stepmother who hates your guts more than anyone?

Kiss the man she’s interested in.

So what does Kaitlynn Judge find herself doing?

Yep, she kisses the one man her stepmother currently wants, who also happens to be the CEO of the company where she works.

Can we say doomed?

After the death of her
Paperback
Published March 2nd 2018 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Kissing the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing the Boss

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
OMG was this book all kinds of AWESOME. I have never had the pleasure of reading one of Miz Kage's books prior to this one and I am kicking myself in the A$$ for that oversight. The writing was fantastic. The pace was perfect. The plot was engaging. I ADORED her take on the CINDERELLA theme. It was humorous. It was sweet. It was romantic. The only TINY niggle I had with it is that I really would have liked to have seen a further into the future epilogue for this couple. T
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Beware of those crazy office holiday parties...

I've been a huge Linda Kage fan ever since her Forbidden Men series. She wrote some of my favorite angsty NA romance. This series is nothing like those. I'm actually ashamed to admit that I avoided starting this series because for some reason I thought it was a 4 part book. It's not. It's a quartet series. Each book is a full standalone with HEA set inside the same world and focusing on its own individual spins of fairy tales we know and
Ramona
Linda Kage is one of my favorite authors no matter what she writes. She can be funny, angsty, dramatic and dreamy, all in one book. I met Linda when reading “The Forbidden” series and as you all know, that series is perfection and addictive. A lot of my book boyfriends are from that series 🙂 Another work from her caught my interest because I love fairytales, I am a huge Disney fan and every time I associate a love story with magic, I just swoon. I really believe this is a very original idea, and ...more
Nadine
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+++ Stars

'Kissing the Boss' is the second book of Linda Kage's 'Fairy Tale Quartet' series.
It's a Cinderella retelling and if I have to be honest, I don't like retellings that much. I'm a Disney-girl and can watch the movies countless times over and over again. If someone changes something about the basic story, I'm always disappointed. So retellings are not my cup of tea.

But every rule has to be broken one day, and that's what Linda did. She turned me into a fan of retellings and most of a
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
I don't know what I wanted to do more to the heroine.

Or

Grecia Robles
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Este es el segundo libro de la serie y hasta el momento el último publicado. Es el retelling de la cenicienta y narra la historia del hermano de Isobel Ezra y Kaitlyn.

Al principio me estaba gustando mucho, era divertida, sobre todo el encuentro del Kaitlyn con Ezra en la fiesta de disfraces y estaba casi segura que me iba a gustar más que el anterior pero hubo un momento en que se me quitó la emoción y fue cuando sentí que decayó la historia.

Tuvo cosas que no me gustaron sobre todo la manera que
Carmen Rae
This is one of those books that was just so good I don’t even know where to start. I guess I should start by saying I am a massive Linda Kage fan, her Forbidden Men series is still one of my all time favourites. I absolutely loved Monster Among the Roses but this one has had me in it’s spell since the first page.

I found it a lot less emotional than Monster Among the Roses but that might just be me. I didn’t realise that it was Isobel’s brother in this book until he mentioned her and my little pe
Bindi Boo
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ah, Linda you are the BEST!! Linda Kage never disappoints. Just when i needed a sweet read with butterflies in my tummy. BLISS! A modern twist to Cinderella..i absolutely adored the hero!! *hearts in my eyes* and her 'evil' stepbrothers were pretty amazing too.
I skipped the first book, but i'm getting onto it pronto. Each one is a standalone, modern re-telling of classic fairytales.
G. K. Malathi
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 It's a Linda Kage work so it goes without saying about it's perfection.
The book really had a great pump start. Almost 70% of the book had great action and got the reader up for reading, however after "the chase"  somewhere down the line it started fizzing out. I can't exactly articulate what was missing, but yeah the last few chapters totally lacked "The Wow" Factor. Overall a neat read.
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I always like this author's heroes and Nash was no exception but Kaitlyn irritated me a bit! I find the characters in this author's books always read younger than they are. I felt like I was reading YA characters but they're meant to be in their 20's.

I enjoyed it though. I didn't realise there was a book before this one so I will go back and read that and look forward to the others in this series.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is another retelling of a fairytale, however this one is based on Cinderella and focuses on Kaitlynn Judge, who has a wicked stepmother, and two nice stepbrothers. We also have Ezra Nash, the brother of Isobel Nash from book one.

Kaitylnn is a lovely warm-hearted girl who sees the good in everyone, even her wicked stepmother. There is also so much love (sibling) between Kaitlynn and her stepbrother Brodrick (Br
Erin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For more of my reviews, visit my blog As the Book Ends or follow my Bookstagram!

Linda Kage, you wonderful wonderful human. How do you manage to make me fall in love with EVERY BOOK YOU WRITE? HOW?! I genuinely can name on one hand the number of authors who have never written a book I disliked. Linda Kage is one of them. Her Forbidden Men series is a yearly re-read for me. I got my friend Kelsey hooked on it and she finished all ten books in 5 days. 5 DAYS Y’ALL!!

So Kage’s books are known for bei
Nicole Altamiranda Dumont
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Linda Kage did it again. Another great adaptation of Cinderella fairytale.
Her written style and changes in the story makes you completely forget this is an adaptation, she stay away from the traditional way and you find caught up in the new story, making you laugh like a crazy person and teary-eye the next second.

I usually don't like a book written only in the female POV, I usually end up hating the girl because she can't stop describing how hot and sexy and perfect the male is, but this is a L
Kelsey Downham
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, it’s official. Linda Kage had freaking done it again. Kissing the Boss, like both her other series, was a five star read!

The first Linda Kage book I ever read was Price of a Kiss (book one in her Forbidden Men series) and she immediately became an auto buy author for me. After binge reading that 10 book series in 5 days, I was clamoring for more Linda Kage books. Kissing the Boss was very different from her other two series, but it did not disappoint.

Kissing the Boss is a Cinderella retel
Cindy ~
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very humorous take on a modern retelling of Cinderella. The author takes the old fairy tale and gives it a her own twist while having you laughing so hard your all most crying to swooning over the hero and having your heart breaking for the heroine.

As the series name suggest this is a four book series. The first was a twist on Beauty and the Beast and the brother of Isobel (the beast) is the hero in this book. Two characters that you meet in this book will be the heroes of the other two books.
Eyleen
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Unfortunately this was not my kind of book.

The modern Cinderella retelling indeed started out as quirky and gripping as advertised, but couldn't hold my attention much longer after the first 10 chapters or so.

There were always the same discussions between the two main characters and everything was extremely predictable.

The characters and idea are cute though, so anyone who is in the mood for a light and sweet read will love this.
InD'tale Magazine
The story is well paced from the start, and the writing is just right.

Read full review in the 2018 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Brandy Roberts
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Linda kage has done it once again all of her books are a must read and should be one clicked stat , Kissing the boss can be read as a standalone but I suggest that you start with Monster among the Roses the couple make a some appearances and the hero of this is the brother of the heroine from it . I'm such a fan of retelling of modern fairy tales especially if it's written by one of my favorite authors and she added her own spin to it . I loooooove the way Ezra and Kaitlynn meet it was such a un ...more
Sara
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes, I know... lo sé... tendría que haber leído primero el anterior...

Pero bue... a veces se cruza en nuestro camino... cuando lo necesitamos... y es el libro que necesitas leer jajaja

Kissing the boss lo defino como una lectura refrescante, ligera, divertida, en momentos me provocaba querer teletransportarme al libro y darle un par de cachetadas a Lana... jajaja

Amé la historia de principio a fin. Tiene ese toque de diversión, romance... fenomenal!!! No es de los que te vuelan y te dejan con una
Three Chicks
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Linda Kage’s writing. From the moment that I read the first book in her Forbidden Men series I was hooked. And as always she did not disappoint. Kissing the Boss is the second book in the Fairy Tale Quartet series. This is the modern day retelling of Cinderella, complete with a mean stepmother, two step-siblings a charming prince and even a little mouse.

Kaity is one of those characters that you will just love. Unfortunately she
Garden Of REden
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**REVIEWED BY KATIE**

I loved this book! There are few books that grab me from page one, keep me glued to my kindle, and exceed my expectations, but this book did!

Anyone who's followed me on the blog these last few years should NOT be surprised at how much I love Linda's work! From her Forbidden Men to her newest, the Fairy Tale Quartet, I gobble up everything she puts out as soon as I can!

Kissing the Boss is the second in the series, and while I am a huge advocate of not reading out of order, yo
Lucy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

"4.5 Modern Cinderella STARS"

Kissing The Boss is the second book in the 'Fairy Tale Quartet series'.
This tale who's amazing by the way is a light modern Cinderella's story about Kaitlynn and Ezra (you maybe remember him if you read 'Monsters Among the Roses: A modern Beauty and the Beast story' since he's the brother of Isobel the heroine of this book), they meet at a masquerade party (their costumes especially Ezra OMG haha) and
Emily
Kaitlyn Judge isn't sure what happened but when her father passed away, she always thought that she would inherit the fashion house she grew up being groomed for. Instead her stepmother inherited it and the only way Kaity found a way to still be part of the company is to intern for free. She has been treated cruelly by her step mother but she is willing to put up with it to earn a place in the company. After a horrible day though Kaity ends up at a Halloween party in disguise and in the arms of ...more
Grendaycita Segovia
3,5

Me ha gustado y es bastante curioso, en especial la prota que es un pan de buena (estilo Shaw) pero a diferencia de el, un poco tonta (vamos que tu padre no pudo dejarte en la calle).
Divertido y ligero de leer, con un drama no fuerte pero un poco crudo, con todo da la sensación de Romance Rosa.
Adriana
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó....
Pao Royal
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Que obtienes si juntas a una chica vestida Power Ranger amarillo, un chico vestido de maléfica taconees, un romance de oficina secreto, una madrastra asesina y dos hermanastros que parecen príncipes. Pues la historia más divertida de todas! Diablos amo todos los libros de esta autora 👏😂😂
Idalides Galarza
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mi calificación es 3.5. No me gustó tanto como el primero, la historia se sintió demasiado apresurada.
Lisa :)
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

I need the 3rd installment! Now!

Ms. Kage‘s books just keep getting better and better.
Alexandra
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1018, favorites
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review, excerpt and release day blitz can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I always enjoy the stories written by Linda Kage! She knows how to mix comedy, romance, swoony scenes and a good spoonful of tragedy whilst keeping a light tone and amazing characters! Kissing the Boss, continues with Ezra who we met on the first book, and now he has to deal with a bitchy co-CEO and also find out who the mysterious Yellow Power Ranger is
  • Love Hate Love
  • Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Jumping to Confusions
  • A Duchess by Midnight
  • Save Me (O'Brien Family, #5)
  • Playing House (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #5)
  • Redemption (Cattenach Ranch, #1)
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Vintage Dreams (Morello Cove, #1)
  • Because of You
  • Without Apology (Without, #1)
  • The Return of the Rebel
  • Teach Me (The Wolf Hotel #3)
  • Love is Blind
  • Dreaming of Manderley (Riches to Romance #1)
  • Marrying his Brother: A Fake Fiance Romance
  • Saving Toby (Toby & Claudia Book 1)
  • Save Me
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy. Most Kage stories lean more toward the lighter, sillier side with a couple meaningful moments thrown in. Focuses more on entertainment value and emotional impact.

Published since 2010. Went through a 2-year writing correspondence class in children’s literature from The Institute of Children’s Literature. Then graduated with Bac

Fairy Tale Quartet (2 books)
  • Monster Among the Roses (Fairy Tale Quartet, #1)