Start by marking “Rogue Acts (Rogue, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Acts (Rogue, #3)

Rogue Acts

(Rogue #3)

When resistance turns to action, love always wins. Seven new romances for readers who love as hard as they believe.

Make You Mine by Molly O’Keefe
Jay Schulman has come to his breaking point and he has a choice to make: walk away from his best friend and love of his life. Or take a chance and make her his.

Personal Audition by Ainsley Booth
Camilla’s living on her ex’s couch, work
Published January 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Acts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Acts

Start your review of Rogue Acts (Rogue, #3)
Molly O'keefe
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is an AMAZING anthology and I'm so thrilled to be a part of it!!! There's a wide variety of stories in this antho - something for everyone! My story is a friends-to-lovers story between a man who has carried a torch for his best friend for most of his life - when he hits his breaking point it's time to decide: make a move or let her go.

Preorder your copy:
Google Play https://play.google.com/…/books/d…/Mo...

Amazon US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793DLNYJ/

Kobo https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/rogu...

Amz UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0793DLNYJ/

Amz CA https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0793DLNYJ/
Ellie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My rating is for Molly O'Keefe's, Olivia Dades's and Ruby Lang's stories which I loved.
I haven't read the rest yet
Xan West
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rogue Acts is the third book in a series of collections of resistance romance, and my personal favorite. One of the core things I appreciate about this collection is that it has a wider range of resistance in the stories. The bulk of the stories in the previous two collections focus on resistance in the form of direct action protest, breaking news, or things related to politicians (local, state and federal) and folks working in the national government. This book has those things but also include ...more
Timitra
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Rated 3.5 Stars

Rogue Acts is a collection of short stories that deals with activism and resistance among other issues that are very relevant to what's happening in the world today. I enjoyed reading them all especially the way love grew in the midst of such adversity. I recommend to those who love romance with a political slant.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Tammy Walton Grant
4 stars for “Make You Mine” by Molly O’Keefe - good lord, I wish this had been a full-length novel.

The other stories I read were - what’s the word - nice? I jumped around a bit, reading “Cover Me” and “The Long Run” before giving up part-way thru “Never Again” (too many characters, couldn’t follow).

Perhaps it wasn’t fair to lead the anthology off with Molly O’Keefe, and her angsty, pitch-perfect tale. The stories I read after that suffered by comparison - like sitting in a jet-tub a
Book Gannet
This collection of political resistance themed novellas was a bit of a mixed bag for me – two I absolutely loved, two I could barely finish, one I really liked, one I was indifferent about and the final one wasn’t included in my review copy. Which probably means there’s something for everyone here.

The first two novellas had a fair bit in common. They were my favourites, they both had older characters and both featured long term crushes, but after that they were quite different.
MJ
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018-books
This review is for Molly O'Keefe's Make You Mine.

Oh wow. A short story about unrequited love that made me sigh with happiness. Maggie and Jay, friends, collegues and confidantes but never lovers. Neither ever admitting out loud what they meant to the other until a very crazy day where Jay's actions put their own into play and so begins a love story that was twenty years in the making.

Once again, the author pulled me in from her very first words and again, I have a huge sm
Leyna

FF, bi, les

3/ Brand New Bike by Andie J. Christopher - 2 stars
MM

4/ Cover Me by Olivia Dade - 4 stars
MF, cis, straight, plus-size female

5/ The Long Run by Ruby Lang - 3 stars
MF, cis,straight, black, asian, older couple

6/ Never Again by Stacey Agdern - DNF
MF, cis, straight, Jewish

Em Wittmann
Hard to review this since I've decided not to finish it and there are two stories left to read.
I enjoyed the O'Keefe and Lang shorts.
DNF.
Jeanne
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Several stories in this anthology were 4.5 and 5 stars worthy. Others, I was not as fond of. I loved the theme of mature couples finding love. It was refreshing to read about people closer to my age who were still vibrant and capable of great desire and romance. The stories tended to include many of today's political situations and were sometimes a bit preachy but not so much that I couldn't enjoy the characters and the romances.

Molly O'Keefe is an amazing writer. Her story, Make You
Kini
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review to be posted soon.
Shawna
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-voices, 2019, ebook, fr, m-m, f-f, novella
Make You Mine - 4 stars
Personal Audition - 3.5 stars
Brand New Bike - 3.5 stars
Cover Me - 5 MILLION stars (Seriously, I love LOVE this story. Already re-read it, will be re-reading again.)
The Long Run - 4.5 stars
Never Again - 3 stars
His Neighbor's Education - 3 stars
Elizabeth Connor
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book collection. Protest romance - brilliant!! I didn’t realize there was such a thing and I loved it! Every story focuses on a couple who could be, and in many cases has been, marginalized in today’s toxic political climate.

Make You Mine - Molly O’Keefe
We miss all of the shots we don't take. Jay has been in love with Maggie since the first time he saw her in college. Apparently, she felt the same way. But Jay’s best friend Bob had the courage to do wh
The_Book_Queen
I'm going to be honest here, overall this is my least favorite in this anthology series.

I absolutely adored O'Keefe's novella, which was fucking perfect, really.

I enjoyed Booth's, which was a quick and cute F/F.

Christopher's had so much potential with the dynamics of the couple (M/M, btw), but this was simply far too quick of a story to get into anything -- characters, plot, or falling in love. It was just meh for me and left me wanting so much more.
Katherine
    Make You Mine by Molly O’Keefe
(r Apr 6/19) m/f A good second chance romance. I like that there wasn’t a huge amount of angst - there simply wasn’t room in such a short story.

Personal Audition by Ainsley Booth
f/f I’m still not sure what the title had to do with the story, and I don’t care. The romance is so sweet and hot. I loved both characters. And the ending was perfect - no instant HEA, just a solid HFN with a solid hint of a HEA.

Brand New Bike by Andie J. Christoph
Angie Flanagan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I won this as an ARC for Molly O'Keefe.
- Make you Mine: I loved her story Make you Mine so much!!! I loved Jay and Maggie's story. How they had known each other for all this time, and FINALLY it happened! So much twisting and turning with the storyline kept it very interesting!!
- Cover Me by Olivia Dade: OMG! What a story! Such a tear jerker too!! Jame and Elizabeth are the sweetest people ever. What an emotional rollercoaster it was!
- The Long Run by Ruby Lang: Harlem and Annie was an odd co
Tricia
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a fantastic compilation of hot and sexy short stories, which prove that not only does love have no gender, but you should never give up hope of finding what your heart desires.

Despite its length, Make You Mine by Molly O'Keefe certainly packs a punch. It's hot and sexy with intelligent, witty characters who show that you don't have to be in your 20's to bring on the passion. Maggie and Jay have been friends and colleagues for years but it takes an incident, a moment of m
Armenia
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make You Mine and Brand New Bike

Make You Mine by M.O’keefe is a wonderful novella about unrequited love, and after so many years it’s time for Jay Schulman to show Maggie Perkins how he feels about her. Ms. O’Keefe really knows how to draw you into her stories. Her words mesmerize by painting characters with emotional depth and a heartfelt plot that is unique. Irresistible dialogue and banter. I love the main theme features mature characters whose love finally come to fruition for a
Becky
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review of Ainsley Booth's story in the volume.

This rushed by, so much, so fast. At least for me, it was one of those stories that you start and HAVE TO FINISH in the same sitting.

Camilla and Elizabeth, there's so much more we could know about their backstories and yet what we do know draws us in. Then Booth takes us on the most magical of rides. The dialog between the characters, the looks, the feels, the emotions... this writin
Juli
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book (given by the author)...

Make You Mine by M O’Keefe

I really liked the idea of the unrequited love plot between the longtime friends. However, after reading the story I think this wasn’t exactly unrequited love, but more like a missed opportunity. Jay’s character had both alpha and big softy tendencies which at times were frustrating. Maggie was my favorite because she went through a lot but didn’t let that rule her life and she we
Diana
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Smart, sexy, and undeniably topical, Rogue Acts emphasizes the many forms resistance can take in the world we're helping shape. Though romance provides the basis for each story, acts of resistance and solidarity are the connective tissue between tales of Net neutrality, community preservation, and education. Ruby Lang and Olivia Dade's stories were two stand-outs for me, both beautifully balanced between sexy, heartfelt romance and true-to-life concerns. It's always a joy to see queer pairings, ...more
Courtenay Bennett
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do so enjoy a good anthology, particularly one that deals with current social issues. Having never read a Rogue anthology before, I didn’t really know what I was getting into. I loved that the couples in these stories were so different to the normal romance tropes, I loved that second-chances featured heavily, and I love that each story dealt with a very hard-hitting and completely relevant issue. Some stories I enjoyed more than others, some made me sad/frustrated in parts. But I like that th ...more
Jessica
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This anthology is pretty mixed, but it was still worth it. The stories I loved I really loved, but there were a few that made me roll my eyes out of my head.
I loved The Long Run by Ruby Lang, but then I love everything Ruby writes, because she makes places and people believable. And especially in an anthology with a theme that could really end up with just DIDACTIC YELLING (and really did, in a few of the other stories I'm not discussing), she makes angry, afraid, real characters who you want t
Shayay
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
*So far, I've only read Make You Mine by Molly O'Keefe"

This is a cute story about best friends, Jay and Maggie, who wanted each other, but didn't act on it when they were in college. Each went on to do there own thing, but they remained best friends. Now they are 40ish, and Jay can't handle it anymore. Maggie is a political figure and Jay works with her, but he does something that puts that in jeopardy. Jay was a bit whiny, and he really should've been honest with Maggie much sooner
Debbie
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great way to try various authors. This review is for two of the seven stories. I read Personal Audition by Ainsley Booth. Nice short story of finding love when you're not looking for it. The story was well written. Ainsley Booth is a wonderful author, her series Frisky Beavers (love in Canada, no shifters) is great. I also read Make You Mine by Molly O'Keefe, wonderful story of second chance romance between two best friends.This was my first book by Molly O'Keefe. Well written with main characte ...more
Ruth McDonnell
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Molly O’Keefe’s “Make You Mine” is EPIC! What this woman can do with a few words should put the masses to shame! I was immediately hooked with Jay and Maggie’s story. It is a second chance at love that will having you cheering for the super sexy heroine who is forty now—along with her bearded hero who has a great right hook among other things—ahem, I digress! This is a must read! 5 sexy stars!

***I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest review.***
Bette Hansen
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic collection of angsty romance short stories. Six stories with a range of tropes from friends to lovers to second chance romances. All are well written. My favorite of the group was Molly O'Keefe's Make You Mine but all were quite enjoyable. Each is a nice quick story that you can read in one relaxing sitting and walk away smiling as these couples struggle for their HEA's. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
Rhonda Brant
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
One thing you know you will get with Molly O’Keefe’s writing is great writing and hot steamy characters in every story. I enjoyed Make You Mine, two lifelong friends finally have that one mind blowing night together which makes them both realize what they have both missed out on for all these years. I’m not a big short story reader, but this touched all the marks. Keeps the reader engaged, great storyline and great writing.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book.
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these Anthologies. Every release gets better. The stories are always original and you get a great blend of MF, FF, MM love stories that are so different to each other but all work together perfectly. This Anthology runs from sexy to sweet, from loves that start out as one night stands to best friends for 20 years who become lovers. It's a beautiful blend of smart, witty and emotional reads. Highly recommend.

I received an arc of this book
Gretchen Chasse
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun collection of short stories by some favorite authors. I thoroughly enjoyed this read. i originally wanted this book to Ainsley Booth's story but I found a treasure trove of great new authors. there's a little something for everyone from m/f, m/m and f/f; one night stand turned true love to unrequited second chance love.

• Desire and the Deep Blue Sea (Love Unscripted, #1)
  • Unfit to Print
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • Tiny House, Big Love (Love Unscripted Book 2)
  • By Her Touch (Blank Canvas, #2)
  • Undone by the Ex-Con (Just for Him, #2)
  • How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • In His Hands (Blank Canvas, #3)
  • Stocking Stuffers (So Over The Holidays, #1)
  • Natural Disaster (Storm Chasers, #1)
  • One and Only (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #1)
  • Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek
  • Rough Road (Lake Lovelace, #2)
  • Graham's Delicacies
  • Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
Molly O'Keefe has always known she wanted to be a writer (except when she wanted to be a florist or a chef and the brief period of time when she considered being a cowgirl). And once she got her hands on some romances, she knew exactly what she wanted to write.

She published her first Harlequin romance at age 25 and hasn't looked back. She loves exploring every character's road towards

Rogue (7 books)
  • Rogue Desire (Rogue, #1)
  • Rogue Affair (Rogue #2)
  • Rogue Hearts (Rogue, #4)
  • Rogue Passion (Rogue, #5)
  • Rogue Nights (Rogue, #6)
  • Rogue Ever After (Rogue, #7)