Start by marking “The Viking's Captive (Clan Hakon, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Viking's Captive (Clan Hakon, #2)

The Viking's Captive

(Clan Hakon #2)

Prophecy spoken.
Alliances broken.
Will duty come before love?

The Viking's Captive is the exciting sequel to The Viking's Chosen by USA Today Bestseller Quinn Loftis.

Torben is faced with a terrible choice: rescue the woman he loves from the clutches of a madman, or save his people from attack by a ruthless foreign invader. He longs to save Allete, especially since the clan's
Published November 27th 2018 by Clean Teen Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking's Captive

Start your review of The Viking's Captive (Clan Hakon, #2)
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Q:
Apparently, mad men share a similar mindset when it comes to fire, I thought as I stared at the burning mess. (c)
Q:
“Do we have to use the term vomit in every sentence?” ...
“Apparently, we do since you just used it yourself,” (c)
Q:
I wasn’t sure which was worse, being married to a madman or being stolen by one. For whatever reason, I seemed to have suddenly become a hot commodity to lunatics. ...
“Madmen want me,” I said as I groaned ...(c)
Q:
“You’re so eager to kill someone, little sister.”
“If th
Ann (annreads)
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I'll admit, this second book was not as much fun as the first one, but still, it was a pretty enjoyable read! The last few chapters though, they made the whole read worth it! Torben and Allete have such great chemistry, I love them together so much! Cannot wait for the next one!

3.25/5★★★
Krystle
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So GREAT! I absolutely adore this series. It’s a fun lighthearted read that will keep you thoroughly entertained!
I highly recommend this series. I can't wait for book 3. ☺️
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I want to say that this book was better than the first but that would be a lie as they are equally outstanding. I was glued to my seat and couldn't turn the pages fast enough. This one picks up where the first one left off and the storytelling is fantastic. I was quickly swept away and lost within this beautiful storyline full of Vikings, princesses, manical jarls and even a very disturbing witch. The characters are strong and work well within the story and I can't wait to learn more about Dayna ...more
Disney
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great second book!
I got on Amazon and bought this book because I loved the first one and I just couldn’t leave this story with that cliffhanger.
These vikings are a rough and steadfast bunch, but they are also loyal and more than willing to pit their lives on the line for those they care about. Allete and Dayna are foolhardy princesses yet they do a miraculous job of sticking up for themselves and each other.
I can’t wait to see what happens next.
Mandy Cummings
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is why I don’t like cliffhangers. Gah!!! Now to wait for book 3.
Courtney Huchton
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love the story line. Some parts were not edited right. Calling her queen instead of princess. Another huge mistake that was hard for me to look past.
Jamie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
TP
Dec 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Horrible!!!

I can not understand how an author who apparently is some kind of USA Today Bestseller author, is able to deliver such a lousy work.

The aforementioned banter turned already extremely annoying in the first few pages of the second book. It is too immature even for a YA book. It reads forced and is just inappropriate in those situations. Sheltered princesses of a young age are confronted with savage Viking’s, for the first time in their life’s outside of the castle and it seems like they
Julia
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed both of the books in the series, but like another stated, I'm not crazy about cliff hangers. Then again, if there's no cliff hanger then maybe people wouldn't go for any others in the series. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I'm pretty fussy about grammar and spelling. It seems like Quinn needs a better proof reader. For example, in the first one, where she should have used a "y" on the end of a word (e.g., impossibly rather than impossible) there were a numbe ...more
Jacklyn Hawkins
Sep 06, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not Historical and entirely predictable

The first book showed so much promise, but I found myself increasingly frustrated at the historical inaccuracies. The characters speak modern English with a basic vocabulary and the plot line was entirely predictable. There were no twists, turns or ahas. I waited for the backstabbing promised in the first book and forgave the modern linguistics (and Shakespearean references that would have happened way after this English princess would have supposedly exist
Anna
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved! Cant wait for the next book!

I loved this book! I can't wait for the next one! Happy with the end. I did think Dayna was alive when Allete thought she has died. I'm glad Torben and Allete married in this book. Idk if I could have lasted to the next book for them to get together. I am dying to see them go after everyone. I want to see if she goes and finds the white witch to train her. I felt like that chapter was a setup for possibly a spin off book? I am also curious as to what is happeni
Mrs LB
Mar 15, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colloquialisms

I initially thought the three books in this series would revolve around all three of the Auvray sisters. Book one ended those notions, but it wasn't a hardship to continue the story of Torben and Allete.
This book picks up immediately with the kidnapping of Dayna and Allete. Along with Hilda, they travel with Magnus to where he feels he can seek safety. Escape leads to loss but there is a reunion, retribution, and later a ceremony.
The one thing that gave me pause with this book wer
Karen Gomez
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book could not put it down I had to finish it in one sitting... just finished it and am I tears T.T now I have to wait like 9 months for the next one! why cruel world do you like to torture me. I love this series, you are an amazing author and have a loyal fan here for life. Keep up the great work I can’t wait to read more of your books, and discover all the wonderful worlds that you create.
Pamelasue Koelbl
I enjoyed the book and it was decent but it was not what I have come to expect by a best-selling author. I love the banter and ideas and concepts, please keep those up! However, invest in an editor at the very least-it will do wonders for your work Quinn Loftis!

It is hard to read good banter when the quotation marks are in the wrong places and a reader is not sure where internal thought, narration, or the actual dialogue ends and begins.
La-Verna J. Fountain
Foolishness - Darkness - Light - Love

I am not a fan of darkness, of pain. While life holds dark moments, I prefer the fantasy of struggle and victory. The Viking's Captive had a few dark moments that I prefer to ignore, but I am now looking forward to Book Three. Saucy, witty women who are ultimately victorious are my daydreams.
Kristen Nyland
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

Getting pulled into this world with the ups and downs that come along through the twists. It keeps you turning the pages and crying that the book ended so quickly. Its humorous and heartbreaking, it dosen't hide the ugly that can come with the darker side of drama but brings with it the good that can come out of surviving with the help of loved ones.
Kristie Holmes
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I couldn't stop reading. Quinn really knows how to spin a story. I really got into the characters and I felt their pain when they were going through their hardships. I literally cried for 10 minutes on one part of the book where Allete was really emotional. I felt her pain. Quinn really captures a reader. She has me hooked. I feel like an addict waiting for my next high. ...more
A.R. Hellbender
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall, I think this one is better than its prequel, simply because the conflict is so much more well thought-out & high-stakes. However, there were some moments of being too “over-explain-y” that took me out of the story.
All in all, a great adventure-filled book with very well-written romance & conflict.
Jody Daugherty
Good book

Liked the story line but the author used today's words and terms for a story in the Times of Vikings. Should have done more research on languages for the era being written about. Made it hard to stay invested so will not purchase the next book. This could have been a really good series
Debra
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historic-romance
Through the bond that Torben and Allete have Torben is aware of all the terrible things Allete, Dayna, and Hilda his mother, have gone through. He himself is saddle sore and fearful of what he will find when he reaches Clan Hakkon. In what condition will he find his people and when will he and Allete be reunited?
Natalie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Allete and Torben return in part two. The book really focuses on the two characters rather than the four that was initially set up in the first book. The second installment was satisfying, but was more serious and lacked some of the fun elements that book one provided. I hope book three can return some of that spirit from the first.
Regina A Fontaine
Should be Captives......

Book two starts right where the first one ends, Malcolm kidnapping the princess and her sister Dayna. This storyline is a bit long with Hilda trying to explain the magic too said princess. Lots of traveling by land and sea, this book brought me to tears so get the tissues out, I will be reading the next one in this series, can't leave it as it is......
Ashley
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I remember really liking the 1st book, but it had been so long so I kinda forgot it. This was a typical 2nd book. Lovers are separated, trouble ensues. Left with a 3rd book in the plan, but the main character’s story is probably done and another main lead will probably happen. I like that her books are swearing and graphic-free.
Carla Dulzaides
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book start where the first one finish. The separation between our main character, our viking and princess, will make you want to continue reading until the end. Amazing story of love, loyalty, honor, and family will make you love this story.
Jennifer Beckman
🙂

Well, just finished reading this book, and what can I say?? The story just gets better & better. And hopefully not to give any spoilers, a healthy......
" whoa, was not expecting that"....... Enjoy this book, I'm going to start the next book!!
Deborah Necaise
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story

This sequel didn't miss a single word from the previous book. It was like starting with the next sentence. I can't wait until I read the next book in the series.
Brenda Weber
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Assume

The second in the series, a joyful story filled with adventure. Losing a lives one tends to make us stronger, we never thought we would need.I recommend this Author and series to anyone with an open heart and mind.
Jan Savage
Apr 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow Poor Allete and Torben what they had to endure at the hands of madman not one but two .The sacrifice of The Oracle Torbens mum and Alletes sister , a crazy witch .Lots of lives lost just left more Questions can’t wait for the next book

• Emmitt's Treasure (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #2)
  • The Heir and the Spare
  • Luke's Dream (Judgement of the Six Companion Series, #3)
  • Clay's Hope (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #1)
  • Highlander's Tempting Stranger: A Steamy Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • The Rebel's Queen (The Companion, #6)
  • The High Crown Chronicles (High Crown Chronicles, #1)
  • The Bruce's Angel (The Highland Angels, #0.5)
  • Ragnar  (Viking Surrender #3)
  • Graeme: A Viking Warrior Romance (Viking Surrender Book 4)
  • The Prison of Buried Hopes (After The Rift Book 5)
  • The Royal Companion (The Companion, #1)
  • The Azure Kingdom (The Iridescent Realm, #1)
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • Brandr: A Viking Warrior Romance (Viking Surrender #2)
  • Highlander's Unwanted Bride
  • (Mis)fortune (Judgement of the Six #2)
  • (Dis)content (Judgement of the Six #5)
Hello, Readers. My name is Quinn Loftis and I am lucky enough to call myself a novelist. In 2011, I self-published my first novel, Prince of Wolves with no expectations, other than my friends and family might purchase the book out of pity. Now, several years later, with 30+ novels and counting under my belt, Prince of Wolves had been downloaded over 1 million times. Though I was hesitant at the ti ...more

Clan Hakon (3 books)
  • The Viking's Chosen (Clan Hakon, #1)
  • The Viking's Consort (Clan Hakon, #3)