Start by marking “720 Heartbeats” as Want to Read:
720 Heartbeats

720 Heartbeats

What if your future would no longer be a mystery to you? What would you do?

Detective Rok Kopitar's life is turned upside down. His worldview and his common sense are being defied by an adversary who seems to know everything about him.

From the moment he discovers an obscure icon on his desktop, everyday life seems to unravel. Everything he holds dear appears to slip through
Published June 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about 720 Heartbeats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 720 Heartbeats

Start your review of 720 Heartbeats
Renato Bratkovič
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who wouldn’t want to know what’s going to happen tomorrow? Who would? That’s what’s happening to detective Kopitar: his diary entries sum up the next day’s events, so he’s well aware of what will happen tomorrow. However, that does not help the reader to know what will happen.

720 Heartbeats is a fast-paced “cyber-noir” full of suspense, that makes two turns in the end and surprises the reader. the novel is a page-turner and each page is begging to get turned. I could easily live without some of
Hasanthi
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Before I start my review, I would like to ask one question from all of you. What would you do if your future self started to tell you about what I going to happen to you in the coming days???
It sounds pretty creepy doesn't it?
This is one of those very rare books that really got me carried away and wanted to finish it off, just to see what would be the story.
Well, I was totally impressed. It was a book that gave me a wow!!! feeling.
We meet the male protagonist of the story, Rok Kopitar, a detec
Špela
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing book. I loved every second of it. I really couldn't put it down. Jaka hands down. You did a wonderfull job here.
The story is original and interesting. It hooked me right in.
What would you do if you could change your future? I have no fucking clue. Zero. I really don't know if I would even want to know. Probably if something bad happened I would want to change it. But would it be for the best? They say that everything happens for a reason. Is it true? Who knows..
So I would li
Matic Slapšak
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Takole se mi je zapisalo za revijo Vklop:

Jaka Tomc ali kot ga poznajo mnogi sledilci na družbenih omrežjih, Manični poet, je s svojo šesto knjigo posegel na novo področje - kriminalni del je Tomčevim bralcem znan, prežetost z erotiko ravno tako, močno pa je posegel prav v področje eksistencialnosti. Glavni junak, kriminalist Rok Jazbinšek, katerega življenje se zdi domala popolna, se nenadoma znajde v vlogi, ki je ni vajen - v vlogi nekoga, ki je nadzorovan in ki ne odloča o svoji usodi. Skrivno
Trey Stone
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Tomc’s 720 Heartbeats, we follow Slovenian police detective, Rok, through a thrilling mystery as his best friend and partner, Boris gets shot. Boris survives but his wife who’s also shot, doesn’t. A tragic and unexplainable event in and of itself, but the weirdest part is that Rok already knew it would happen. It was written down as a diary entry on his laptop, one Rok of course ignored, not only because of the insane, unbelievable event that was detailed there, but because it was written a d ...more
Žan Magerl
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Življenje je lahko ruska ruleta ali pravljica. Stvar odločitve.

To mi je avtor zapisal v posvetilo, ko sem knjigo dobil in še kako dobro je to v svoji knjigi tudi opisal. Knjiga je res vredna branja, saj zaradi svoje strnjenosti ohrani napetost in tako ne dolgočasi z opisi, ki niso pomembni in se zato raje osredotoči na stvari, ki so tako v knjigi, kakor tudi v življenju pomembni. Z vmesnimi globjimi filozofskimi in lahko bi rekli eksistencialističnimi vložki avtor knjige poskrbi, da knjiga ni sa
Ales Matko
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific book. Love the way Tomc weaves the plot-threads. 'Tis for sure one of those books you don't mind giving a second and a third read. Looking forward to his next little masterpiece.
Dušan
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling book that forces you to sit on the edge of every single page. Plot, characters, ideas, action and the ending form a symbiose of unexpected within known. Job done - tremendously well!
A.J. O'Brien
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you could read the diary of your future self? What if life and death, for yourself, your loved one and colleagues depended on what was written inside? These are the stakes for Rok Kopitar, a detective investigating a drug trafficking case. This novel is a real page turner, full of mystery, deceit, love and intrigue. A well written plot with an ending will not disappoint.
Layla Powers
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a decent read and a great thought-provoker. It allowed your mind delve into the characters and topics that are raised. My only issue would be that it is rather short for similar books of its genre.

Neja bere
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A real page turner with a captivating plot and a shocking ending. The main character is well build, the dialogues are sometimes intense, sometimes funny and sometimes sad. I especially loved the self-reflection monologues of the main character, contemplating life, humanity, love, happiness - all the things we should think about more, but don´t.
Pat Eroh
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a wild ride on the edge of your seat! I could not imagine knowing the future. No thank you! Detective Kopitar is a well-developed character and easy to follow and like. Excellent read.

Sandiv
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Napeta in neverjetna knjiga! Toplo priporočam!
Daniel Norrish
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spiritual, savage and romantic (with a splash of lust). A great read.
Sabyasachi
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
The ending felt a bit abrupt and what was an excellent premise felt like a poor execution. However, at few places, it is interesting to note the human psyche and the view on life of the protagonist.
Few of quotes which I specially liked were: 'Life is a Ph.D. dissertation read by semi-literate primary school pupils.' and 'Life happens in a place where nobody is physically present. In our minds and our hearts.'
Tomaž
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaka Tomc je v svoji najnovejši knjigi na zanimiv in nekoliko neobičajen način vstopil v kriminalni žanrski roman. V njem je v slovensko okolje postavil dobrega junaka nasproti dobro organizirani kriminalni združbi, a glavni boj je smelo prestavil v intimno sfero junaka samega, ko je njegova službena dolžnost prerasla v osebni boj za svoje najdražje, v izbiranje pravih odločitev in soočanje z njihovimi posledicami. K temu pa je pristavil nekaj toliko bolj zanimivih posegov, ki vse skupaj še doda ...more
Jure Martinjak
Shamelessly Promo...: 720 Heartbeats ebook - ARC 4 15 Feb 06, 2018 02:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please change a book cover 5 23 Jan 29, 2018 03:12AM

• Something Will Happen, You'll See
  • Every Song Ever: Twenty Ways to Listen in an Age of Musical Plenty
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Jezero
  • The Deep
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • Dolina rož
  • Little Girl Lost (DI Robyn Carter, #1)
  • Leninov park
  • Maggots, Murder, and Men: Memories and Reflections of a Forensic Entomologist
  • Shadow Man (Smoky Barrett, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • The Obsolescence Trilogy: Complete Series Box Set: A Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction Thriller
  • Secrets of the Dead (DI Robyn Carter, #2)
  • Blind Spot (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #4)
When Jaka was three years old, sitting in his grandfather’s lap, he wanted to do what grandfather was doing. So he learned to read. Starting with obituaries.

He started writing at the age of four. Soon he realized he was better at writing than talking and he still is today. He doesn’t like small talk. But his characters like it, use it and they’re quite good at it. Jaka believes that this is one of