Start by marking “The Imagineering Way” as Want to Read:
The Imagineering Way

The Imagineering Way

Famed for making dreams come true, the Disney Imagineers are world renowned for their incomparable creativity and their ability to turn fanciful ideas into reality. How do they do this? By approaching all projects, problems, and questions with the knowledge that they will undoubtedly accomplish the task set before them.
Published July 15th 2005 by Disney Editions (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Imagineering Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Imagineering Way

Start your review of The Imagineering Way
A. Tristán
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A great book to read when looking for some words of encouragement and inspiration. It talks about how many of the Imagineers found inspiration and the process they went through when creating. It also talks about some of the Imagineers experiences. They share a few tips and tricks about the process of creating and encourage people to never give up.

My favorite quote out of this book was: "Never fall in love with your idea because it will change tomorrow. Enjoy the process-- enjoy the change."
Stephanie Landregan
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Need an epiphany? This book is full of inspiration, fast read. I enjoyed the quote "Yes, if"
Evan
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
A disjointed look behind the curtain of Imagineering at Disney. I was hoping for more specific stories from projects imagineers worked on and fewer pithy philosophies. If you're looking to understand how a company can scale creative output, I highly recommend "Creativity, Inc." instead.
Zoe
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very helpful engaging book. Tells the techniques used by Disney Imagineers and talks thoroughly about creativity and how to show and share your creativity.
Henry Haney
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and easy inspirational read.
Savanna
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun way to be inspired
Joshua
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Imagineering way is a collection of essays and quotes written and anthologized the the Disney Imagineers - the team of designers, engineers, artists, writers, and more, that create the attractions and Disney's parks and resorts. Given the unique nature of the work, it is important to remember that this book is not like most, in that it is not designed to be read front to back, or back to front, or in any particular order really. The Imagineering Way is designed to read in what ever order, or ...more
Shawn
Jun 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a really interesting book written by Disney's imagineers - the people who dream up Disneyland and Disney World, and all the Magic Kingdom properties and make them happen. It was fairly inspirational at times, and a fairly quick read. It included ideas and inspirational stories from a wide variety of imagineers. I liked the idea from the jacket that they start every project from the perspective of knowing that it can be done, and that they will accomplish it.
Josh McConnell
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney, business
Taken from stories of when the imagineers were designing theme parks, attractions and other Disney related projects, The Imagineering Way is actually a fairly interesting read. It's short and to the point, meaning you can get through it relatively quickly. It's no award winning book, but there's some good tips and information here to help you unleash some inner creativity.
Katie
Apr 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When I took a trip to the Disney parks for the spring, I saw this book on the shelf and immediately got it. It really gives you a positive boost to get your creative minds working whether you are young or old. What's also cool is that real Imagineers wrote their own advice. I love Disney.
Sam
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Definitely the book to read when you're going through a creative block! And also shows that the best if the best fail but still pick themselves back up and take another route that makes some of the most iconic attractions. Ever!
John Graham
Sep 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a fan of the creative process, this book gave me a unique perspective of how to boost my imaginative power. With scenarios and exercises that help to stimulate creativity. I recommend this book to round out your library on creative problem solving.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must-read company profile for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
Richard Gonzalez
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very fun book to read. I love the insight and stories in it.
Koppelman
Aug 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to jump start their creativity.
Shelves: greatnonfiction
I LOVE all the imagineering books. If you aim to tap into your creativity for any reason, this books are fantastic. Who is more creative than the team of imagineers at Disney? Fun, fun read.
Stephen
Read FEB 2005
Cecilia
Apr 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-light
I remember that after I finish it I felt really good. There are a bunch of stories anecdotes and stuff, but is Disney people you just have to be inspired by it.
Soledad
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great insight and wisdom to the creative process by those who make the biggest dreams happen! It was an inspiring and entertaining read!
JoJo

• The Imagineering Workout
  • Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination
  • Heart to Heart: Fourteen Gatherings for Reflection and Sharing
  • Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
  • Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior
  • The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict
  • That's Not What I Meant!
  • Representation Theory: A First Course
  • Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World
  • The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style and Building Your Dream Wardrobe
  • The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Imagine: How Creativity Works
  • Inside the Magic Kingdom
  • Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
  • Walt Disney: An American Original
  • The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies
  • Dream It! Do It! (The People, The Places, The Projects): My Half-Century Creating Disney's Magic Kingdoms

News & Interviews

“Success can be measured in terms of smiles and the speed of the initial "mad rush" to be the first in line.” 2 likes