Start by marking “Frankly Pregnant: A Candid, Week-By-Week Guide to the Unexpected Joys, Raging Hormones, and Common Experiences of Pregnancy” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
You're pregnant. It's exciting, and a little scary, and you are discovering that your body is doing things that you have never heard about or read about in any pregnancy manual. It would be great if your best girlfriend was going through this with you, but if not, Stacy Quarty is here to give you the truth about pregnancy - raging hormones and all.

Stacy takes readers, wee
Published March 21st 2006 by Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Frankly Pregnant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankly Pregnant

Kris
May 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
Lori
Oct 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pregnancy
So I finally gave up and just read the book, its too much just reading a chapter at a time! She tells the story of her second pregnancy and birth in journal form, so its nice to hear a real woman's account of what you're going through at the time you are going through it. However, she seems to have some more graphic problems that I don't have yet...so I'm not sure if that is reassuring or just scary foreshadowing of things to come! Very quick and fun read.
Jody
Jun 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
When I found out I was pregnant I bought a ton of books. As it turned out, this was the one of the only ones that I ever read cover to cover. It is entertaining and informative. Also, while the author talks about complications to be aware of, she doesn't make it sound scary and impossible like some other books out there. It's just like talking to a friend. I highly recommend this book.
Jeannette
Feb 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: well-baby
Fun to read, kind of like sharing pregnancy experiences with a good friend. Not awesome for getting the facts (since this is just one person's experience) but entertaining nevertheless. It helps to know that crazy things happen to someone else's pregnant body and you aren't alone!
Lori
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book is like talking to the girlfriend you wish you had about pregnancy. She documents her pregnancy week--by-week, the good and the bad. Loved it!
Amanda
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
An enjoyable read, but there were enough detailed descriptions of side effects that I think I'll avoid it while pregnant so I don't get too paranoid and expect the worst.
Angela
Jul 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Favorite pregnancy book because it gives it to you "real"!
Rachel