Start by marking “Taking Control” as Want to Read:
Taking Control

Taking Control

(Control #1)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
I’ve always treated life like a balancing act, standing on a thin line between order and chaos.
One wrong move and I’ll fall, losing all sense of control.
Then she happens.
One night of unadulterated sex blurs the line and sends me running toward a release, but I know I can’t stop there.
After a lifetime of chasing highs, she’s my newest addiction.
And I need a hit, no matter t
Published (first published March 13th 2018)

DW
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot Dayum!!!!! 🔥 Zander is the perfect dark and broody man. Covered in tattoos, an addict and hot as hell.

I would give more than 5 stars if possible⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This man is smoking🔥
Jaysas!!!! This book!!!
Zander rocked my senses. I’m not sure if I wanted to smother him or smooch him 😂.
He’s such a broody SOB, but come on, who doesn’t love an alpha male in a book.
Anyway..... I say as I fan myself. Zander and Taylor get together, for what is supposed to be a one time thing. Doesn’t work out that way though 😉.
This book is pure hotness. I’m still trying to cool down!
I cannot wait for book 2!!!!
Sophie
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
I LOVE it when I meet new-to-me authors who surprise the hell out of me with their words.

Taking Control by Danielle Dickson made me gasp, over heat and swoon. I bloody loved it! It was a super quick read for me, but the fast pace only seemed to add to the story and make it more addictive.

My biggest gasp of all came from the ending because HOLY HELL. I am in NEED of Kai's book ASAP!

This was my first book by Danielle but will not be my last!
Katy Birch
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hotness! This book had me raging one minute, sweaty the next. Zander and Kia. My, my, my!! Definately a sandwich you want to be squished between!!!

Zander is a brooding asshole but boy, I want to tame that beast!

This book gave me all the feels! I freaking loved it!! A must read for sure!!
Aimie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book and could not put it down. I was glued to my phone flicking the pages until I finished the whole story. I got so invested in these characters and there were some smoking hot scenes. I’ve been stuck in a book funk for months and this book pulled me right out of it! I can’t wait to read more from Danielle Dickson.
Allisyn
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book! Taylor! Finally a real woman with confidence but not egotistical! She wasn't shy and blushing but wasn't perfect either! Spunk and humility! Love it! Zander!! Holy hotness! So sexy and brooding! I loved how he saw a woman's want of a bad boy! Danielle seriously nailed it with some very real characters and a great story! The blushing or hard as nails characters can be great, but it's refreshing to read characters that feel real to me! Thank you for giving us a great story with gre ...more
Anna Edwards
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taking Control is book one in a new series for Danielle Dickson, and it kicks off with one hell of a bang and doesn't go down from there.

Zander is struggling, I won't say what with, but it makes him one hell of an interesting character. I was broken by him and put back together. I followed every emotion that he felt and loved it.

Taylor is a strong feminine heroine, who has her wobbles but comes out fighting. She was also a great character to read. I fell in love with her bravery at the start of
♡ One Click Romance ♡
Let's start this backwards...

That fucking ending, I wasn't expecting, I reached it and my jaw hit the fucking floor!

This is my first read by Dickson, I know, same on me. This story didn't disappoint, it was all hot, intense and emotional from start to finish.
Zander was everything and more. Taylor irritated me a bit, but, still loved her.
Kai, Kai, Kai I need more of him. He made my heart sing.

Wish the story had been longer, I just didn't want to say goodbye to Zander, but, as it is, the story w
Pammy Shepherd
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A.J. Love
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** REVIEW ***

Five smoking hot stars from this author 👆🏻🌟

What a ride.
I didn't have any information before I read this book, just a title and a hot little cover on my kindle.
I went in blind.
And oh boy am I glad.
Taylor is your everyday no bullsh*t kinda girl. She works her backside off for what she has and knows how to play hard, too. She's a cracking character with a lot to give and decent comic relief.
Zander has his demons - don't we all? - and they consume him at times which was heartbreaking
Rachel
This is a first for me from Danielle Dickson. A friend recommended that I grab one of her books and give it a read. I really enjoyed it. The writing was well-done, the characters were great. I'm so happy this is gonna be at least a 3 book series. I love the sexy...This one starts right out with a threesome and I was smitten!
Zander is a truly wonderful character that anyone would love. Taylor, great leading lady and I can say a lot of "normal" people in her when she doesn't draw attention to her
Brenda
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, 5-star
I freaking loved Zander!
One night. That is all it is supposed to be. One hot as hell night. But is one night enough? and for who?
This book is full of angst and total hotness. I absolutely loved it. I enjoyed reading about Zander, Taylor, and Kai and jut want more! I love everything I have read from Danielle but this is by far my favorite of her books.

Very well written story. Pulled me in from the start with its hot action and by the end I was left wanting more. Anyone who loves a good angsty,
Abigail Davies
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From Danielle comes another amazing read! This one is steaming with sex scenes that’ll make you drool at the thought of it happening to you.
What starts out as one night of fun turns into something much much more.
Zander is hot with a capital H O and T. Tattooed and beating himself up from the inside out. His struggles are so real you can’t help but want to hug him but shake him at the same time!
100% Alpha male; just how I like them!
I connected with Taylor on a level I don’t think I have much.
Louise
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowsers. This story was nothing like I thought it was going to be but so much more.
The characters were great. Zander was dark and damaged but had lots of redeeming features that made you want to hug him (OK maybe more than hug) and Taylor was a strong leading lady (mostly). I loved the supporting characters and can't wait for more.
I don't want to give away any spoilers but then ending was mind blowing and I loved it and need to where thing go from here.
I am so glad I read this book but be warn
Emma Johnston
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read from Danielle Dickson! I read this book in one sitting and was hooked from page one.

I wanted to strangle Zander then kiss him, in that order lol! And that epilogue! Cannot wait for book 2!

A fantastic 5 stars!
Natasha
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taylor meets Zander and Kai at the new years eve party she threw for her work. Zander and Kai have known each other for seven years. Taylor went to school to be a designer, but hasn't moved up from the assistant position in over three years. Zander is opening an new gym and is looking for a designer- causing him to run into Taylor again.

Will Zander finally let her in, and give up a little of the control he has over his life?

I really enjoyed this story. I really liked Zander- and even liked Kai
Jackie Ashmead
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Loved how dominate Zander was and when him and Taylor come together its just HOT! These two just set the sheets on fire with there intense chemistry! I cannot wait for book 2 to come out so I can find out what happens next with Kai!
sam
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well shittttt! 😳😱
I think I need a cold shower and a change of underwear!
Holy hell does Danielle prove that 3 is definitely not a crowd in this hot as hell storyline!!
Zander had me hooked from the get go, I love the protective alpha vibe he’s got!
Different from everything else she’s written, this book proves what a diverse author Danielle really is.
A must read for any alpha lovers out there!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Melissa Derda
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took me a few chapters to get sucked into this book. The beginning was a little rushed but then I fell head over heels in love with this broken bad boy. I can't wait for Kai's book
Cali Gals
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will start off by saying this is the first book I have read from this author. I was not disappointed in the least. If you are looking for a steamy read that has some mfm action in it then this is the book for you. This quick read is captivating with an intense storyline full of passion and angst. Zander (love that name) is a hot alpha male who keeps things intriguing. Taylor is feisty with the right amount of naughty to keep interests high. The ending of this book felt a tad abrupt but then I ...more
Claire M
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot hot hot

It's started with one night but is that all it can be?

This book is so HOT. I love when u get totally sucked into a book and Danielle definitely managed that with this one.
I love hot tattooed alpha males and that just describes Zander to a T! I love that Taylor is strong female lead to and doesn't turn in to a wet blanket when she is upset!
Can't wait for Kai's book and then D's too.
Angela James
Zander

Yikes! If this book was any hotter, I might have melted! What a story, it was full of angst and heat and if the characters weren't fictional I might be going in search of them...lol Seriously though, it was an amazing book and series starter. I'm really exciting to see what's in store of them in the future, this author has hooked me well and truly on Zander, Taylor, and Kai!
Dawne
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh what a way to whet your appetite for Zander and Taylor's story! An incredible beginning of a new series. I cant wait to see where Zander and Taylor go in the next book.
Katherine Williams
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy heck! I know the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover", but I made an exception for "Taking Control", and let me tell you, I have no regrets! The purple, almost smoky, font made the title jump out at me. The shirtless tattooed torso was a pleasant addition as well. What I'm trying to say is, the cover of "Taking Control" is hot!

From the second I started reading "Taking Control", I was intrigued. I have always loved the idea of a masquerade ball, but I have never had the pleasure of atten
Rebecca Austin
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trsor
Taylor Moore is the P.A. to Mr. A-hole (aka Mr.Noble) at Noble Marketing. She has put her own plans on hold to host a New Year's Eve party for Noble Marketing and their clients. When her boss begins berating her in public, a man comes to her rescue.

Zander Reed, a.k.a Mr. Dark and Broody, attracts Taylor's attention at the New Year's Eve party the moment she first sees him. He knows he needs to have her the first moment he can but will he be able to let go when he needs to?

When Taylor and Zander
Sarah Nickles
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
At the start of Taking Control we are focused on 2 sexy mystery men and Taylor who has put together a New Year's Eve Party for her boss, his company and clients.

Our 2 sexy mystery men are Zander & Kai. They are best friends and business partners. They occasionally share interest in the same woman, have some fun and move on to the next.

The evening of the New Year's Eve Party their mutual interest fell upon Taylor. She was a magnet drawing them both to her.

The night between the 3 of them wa
Sheridan
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just want to start with Holy woah! That ending... did not see it coming but wow I need more right now!

From the very first page I was addicted to this book!

We meet Taylor, a gorgeous character working her butt off for an A-Hole boss, doing a job that she is definitely not destined to be doing. Setting up for a NYE party... then she stumbles into a dark and broody male (Zander) and I wouldn’t blame her either for her uncontrollable need to stare at him! Seriously who doesn’t love a hot brooding
Dawn Higgins
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why do i read a fantasic book knowing it is a series only to want the next book NOW.This is the first book i have read from this author and WOW she certainley knows how to keep you hooked, as i read this in one night.

Taylor is working a New Years Eve party for her knob head of a boss instead of being out with her friends,but she is biting her tongue and getting on with her job to mingle with the clients as she needs this job.So when she bumps into a hot sexy dark male Zander the instant a
Teri
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Hotness you leave us with that for the last line of the book?!?!?! I mean come on didn't we get emotional enough during the book?? Did we not fall for Zander even with all his quirks and perks and stuff? Taylor had mostly good points except where her boss was concerned. Kai oh Kai well dang (deep sigh is about all I got). This author just loves to send us for a spin and she does it well in this book. There were a few aspects of this book that just surprised me but with this author I know be ...more
BooksCastleIgnite
Omg!!! This book was amazing!!!♥♥

Zander’s book will blow your mind!!! Each character just brought the right amount of element to make sure you keep turning that page after another. From the beginning of the chapter it literally captured my interested, I seriously could not put this beautiful book down!!

Wow!! Ladies be prepared cause there will be some hot 🔥 🔥 scenes and you will need a fan to cool off lol!!

Ohhhh!! And did I mention Zander has a best friend name Kai🔥 🔥 🤪<~~~~<(No Comment
« previous 1 3 next »
Danielle Dickson has always dreamed about writing a book. With many stories to tell, she finally pulled her finger out one morning when one story screamed at her louder than the rest. When Danielle’s not writing, she can be found devouring the words of other people’s worlds, painting people’s faces with makeup, or feeding her unhealthy obsession of pink iced doughnuts—seriously, she’s obsessed. A ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)