Start by marking “Thrive (Guardian Protection, #2)” as Want to Read:
Thrive (Guardian Protection, #2)

Thrive

(Guardian Protection #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,541 Ratings  ·  375 Reviews
From USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez comes a new standalone second-chance romance.

When I was nineteen years old, I was faced with a choice that changed my life.
Keep the safety of what I already knew or risk losing everything with the young, hotheaded soldier who stole my heart.

I chose the wrong man, and for seventeen years, I paid in tears, blood, and shattere
Published January 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Thrive, please sign up.
Lost in a Book It wouldn't be impossible to follow but I would definitely recommend reading Singe before. All of the characters from Singe are heavily present in…moreIt wouldn't be impossible to follow but I would definitely recommend reading Singe before. All of the characters from Singe are heavily present in this one.(less)

Christy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

“description”/

Anytime a new Aly Martinez book releases, I get excited. She is one of my auto-buy authors and has written some of my favorite books. Thrive is book two in the Guardian Protection series focuses on Lark and his second chance love story…

Jeremy Lark fell in love with Mira York when they were young. The only problem? Mira was dating Lark’s best friend, Kurt. Now Kurt is a piece of work and doesn’t come close to deserving Mira, but still, it makes Mira off limits to him. Still, the two a
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
DNF @ 47%

My first DNF of 2018...Pretty good for me!

I can't believe I am doing this with an AM book, but I just can't seem to get invested in these characters. At ALL. They could literally both die and I would be like, meh.

So, being that I've told myself I won't continue books I'm not at least fair to middling enjoying anymore, I am calling it quits here. Maybe I will pick this up again later...but probably not.
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

When a man hits rock bottom, one of two things happens.
He withers.
Or he thrives.

”THRIVE” is the sexy action-packed second installment of the ”Guardian Protection” series. Its trope is one of my top favorites--second chance romance. There is cheating involved but the fact that everyone involved is guilty of infidelity should make it easier for those who normally steer clear of this topic. I really enjoyed this one a bit more than the previous
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
What I love most about reading Aly Martinez is how emotionally invested I get by her books. Thrive is no different than the others.

This is a second chance read and let me say this, what a second chance it was. Literally a second chance that takes place 17 years later. Circumstances and timing were way off years ago, or maybe it was just simply stupidity of certain characters making the wrong decisions(just saying). This story is gripping and it grabs your heart from the start. But damn the bitt
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE***

Hurt so good…

I locked myself in my bedroom to read this one and finished it in a day. My son copped a gobful from me when he walked into my room (without knocking), and caught me out as I was blubbering like a baby. A slight over-reaction, but when I’m invested in a story like I was with Thrive, *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK* (but bloody knock FIRST). Sometimes, love hurts.

I finished Thrive with a big goofy smile on my face. I’ve read the first in the series and I knew that Aly Martine
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

❤4,5-5 STARS ❤

Aly Martinez delivers an addictive,compelling and intense story!I was hooked from the beginning and I felt like I was a part of their story!There was the perfect amount of drama some twists and suspense to keep your interest!I adored all the characters even the secondary and I cant' wait to see more books in this series!Now I have for sure to read the first book!

Lark and Mira take you on an emotional roller coaster!Their romance i
XxTainaxX
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story was so raw. The characters are flawed and make mistakes. Not the little or easy kind either. They go big. In fact, their beginning may be labeled as one of said mistakes to some. To others, it could be the wrong way to end up in the right place.

Jeremy and Mira met and fell in love and it should’ve been your typical HEA if it wasn’t for where they were in their life at the time. Mira had a choice to make and she made the wrong one. Can I just say that I absolutely LOVED that her choic
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What if you fell for the one person who was off limits? That instant connection you have, that racing heart you get every time they're around you, or the suffocating sexual tension that’s so explosive, it's only a matter of time before you both give in, is irrelevant. What if falling for the right person was the best and worst thing that could possibly happen?

Mira York and Jeremy Lark know all about pain and hurting the people you love. Seventeen years ago they were young, in love, and were hi
Leonor
Jan 17, 2018 marked it as wont-read
All three are cheaters.
Boyfriend cheats with OWs, so the good and nice skank of heroine cheats on him with the hero, hero loves his best friend so he sleeps with his best friend's girl. Skank (heroine) plays hero and chose her boyfriend instead of the hero. Hero says in love with the skank so he marries OW and have twins girls. While the loser was in an abusive marriage with no kids.
Just because the boyfriend cheats on her doesn't make alright that she cheats on him. It doesn't justify that she
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chance
The one thing out of many that Aly Martinez excels at is emotional and explosive storytelling. THRIVE, a second chance novel, had that hands down covered. It was a different emotional rollercoaster from her last duet, but nevertheless it was packed with more than one powerful punch because of the couples history and their explosive attraction.

17 years ago, Jeremy and Mira were young, inexperienced, impulsively and hotheaded. Their rash decisions still hounded them years later. I ached for them,
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, not-yet-released
“Seventeen years and the strings that had bound us together still held strong, no matter how hard I’d tried to break them.”

If Aly Martinez writes it, I guarantee you I will read it. The woman is one of my favorites and can basically write anything. Thrive was definitely an action packed, full of feels and quick read. These two characters have a lot of history between them and a lot to work out. They haven’t seen each other in years and when they reconnect their chemistry is undeniable.

“Ba
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was actually better than I thought it'd be! I don't know why I was surprised, because Aly Martinez is a great story teller that always seems to have me invested in her characters and rooting for their HEA. I felt their connection, and I was emotionally invested enough to be shedding tears here and there throughout the book on their behalf. I was a little disappointed in a few things though. The ending -- my greedy, greedy self wanted more! More of them as a couple.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
An absolute must read!

What happens when you have a man that you love and a man that can help you out of the life you have? What happens when you make the wrong choice? What would you do with a second chance years later?

Thrive was a powerful, emotional, angsty and sensual page turner of love lost and second chances. Packed with plenty of action, suspense, sizzling romance and unforgettable characters, it's a must read for any Aly Martinez fan!

FULL REVIEW TO COME

Beta read

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Libby Harrison
"The only problem was: She kept going back to him."

I have no time for weak-ass heroines who enjoy cheating and also have a cheating boyfriend who they keep going back to even after claiming that the hero is their soulmate

DNF'd at page 23

* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Baby, I withered for you. I burned at the stake day after day, knowing he didn't love you. Knowing you'd chosen him. Knowing there was not one goddamn thing I could do to make you change your mind. Hating you was the only way I survived."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Thrive" Is the second installment in the Guardian Protection Series. This book is about Jeremy Lark and his second chance romance sto
Lost in a Book
4 Stars

I’m a fan of this Guardian series Aly Martinez. She's one of the very few M/F authors where I'll read whatever she writes (bonus points because she can write a damn good M/M, too). We just click and this next book in the Guardian series isn’t any different.

This angsty, suspenseful, and sexy second chance romance is set up with a long separation period. A lot of life happens in the 17 years that the MCs were separated and unfortunately for Lark and Mira, it wasn’t filled with happiness.

Sev
Bindi Boo
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4-spectacular action, second chance romance-heroine definitely made a HUGE mistake-they were soul mates-hero is a protective alpha- wish they could turn back time- but they got it in the end-stars
P/S: also felt this book had a hint of KA-ness- reminded me so much of rock chicks and their dramas!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
3 stars.

Aly Martinez is an amazing author. I typically LOVE LOVE LOVE her books. And Singe, the first standalone in this series, is one of my favorites. But I had a hard time with Thrive. While I LOVED the storyline, I struggled with the likability of the characters. Lark was an alpha-male who passed the point of jerk (I hate when a man calls a woman a bitch or tells her to shut up). I really couldn't connect to the volatile nature of his relationship with Mira. One minute they would be smiling
AJ
“You were always mine.”

4.5 stars!

Aly Martinez continues to prove that she can do no wrong with this book – an incredible second-chance-romance that is smart, fun, passionate and intense, and full of the feels that I have come to expect from this author. The second book in the Guardian Protection, this book brings us back to Leo James and his badass boys, but could easily be read as a standalone (though why would you want to miss anything this woman writes?), and I absolutely loved it!

Jeremy Lar
FMABookReviews
3.5 Stars!

❝I fell in love with Mira York in the back of that truck, one stolen kiss at a time.❞

A mixture of immaturity and misunderstanding cause two soulmates to be separated for 17 years. Even though both married someone else, Mira and Lark only loved each other. The "what ifs" and the "missing time" are the hardest to take. Remembering how good together they used to be, brings only pain as they realize all the goodness they've missed out on.

17 years ago, Mira was in love with Lark but dat
ari.
Jan 22, 2018 added it
DNF @37%
This one's completely on me. I just couldn't get myself into this book mostly because everything was so predictable. I'll probably read this one again later on.
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.25 stars.

This is my 13th book by Aly Martinez. To say that I love her work would be the understatement of the century.

When I saw that Aly was releasing another book for the Guardian Protection series, I was like sign me up for that. I can't get enough of her addictive writing skills and the stories she tells. Thrive was an emotional, angsty, wonderful second chance love story between Mira York and Jeremy Lark.

I'm not going to summarize the book. I feel like this is one book you should jus
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Years prior, Jeremy Lark and Mira York were a thing. Mira with his best friend, Jeremy was always there when Kurt would go off cheating on Mira. Through this, the two really became close, on every level possible. But, notnknwinf really how each other felt, when Kurt found out and demanded Mira choose, thinking "for sure love" with Kurt over the unknown with Jeremy left Jeremy heartbroken.

Fastforward to the present. Mira and Kurt are married and Kurt has not turned out so stellar. Life t
Tpagirl
Thrive was Aly Martinez’s second book in her Guardian Protection series. Although part of a series, it could be read as a standalone and still receive full enjoyment.

Jeremy Lark and Mira York had history and it was painful and heartbreaking. They hadn’t seen each other in seventeen years until one day Mira called Jeremy out of desperation. She didn’t want to but she had no one else to turn to and her best friends life was in danger.

Martinez knows how to create a suspenseful and explosive story.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF

Couldn’t hold my interest. Book slump? Likely. I usually love Aly Martinez.

Joy
Oh Aly Martinez how I love you! This book was at the very top of my anticipated reads for 2018. I fell in love with all of the Guardian Protection men in Singe and didn’t even care which one this book was about because they are all fantastic! It’s been a long time since I’ve started and read a book in about 24hrs, life and all that. But for this author life temporarily gets put on hold. Aly’s storytelling and prose never fail to leave me speechless. There were parts of this second chance romance ...more
Shayna
“All I ever wanted was to be enough for you.”

All hail Aly Martinez for giving us another EMOTIONAL BREAKTHROUGH of a contemporary romance! THRIVE is an emotionally driven, sexy as sin, heartbreakingly beautiful love story that will make your heart melt, as well as break over and over again. You will have NO CHOICE but to feel the character’s pain through the pages of this masterpiece. You will have NO CHOICE but to FALL IN LOVE right beside them. You will laugh, cry, cringe, scream, shout, and
❤Sana❤
DNF

description

You know when you're the only person who doesn't see the beauty of a book while others keep praising it...

God! I feel like I really need to hide..

Me right now!

description

I like author Aly Martinez a lot, and though Thrive was a book full of wrongs, bad choices and hard limits especially cheating which I HATE, I couldn't pass the opportunity to read it.

I just wished it would be worth the painful sacrifice.

It WASN'T!

Kurt and Jeremy were best friends until Mira.

“I didn’t think I could take her. I had take
Courtney
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Aly Martinez is amazing!! Thrive is a MUST READ!!!

Thrive is the 2nd book in her Guardian Protection series. You can read it as standalone as each book is about a separate couple, but all the men are in each book so you get a glimpse of them throughout the series too.

Before I even go into why I love this book so much, I want to address a few things. This book is not a love triangle - everything that occurs is seventeen years past any sort of love triangle. There is mention of cheating from the pa
Jen
This is the second book in the "Guardian Protection" series, and if I'm being honest...it was definitely not my favorite. I am usually not a huge fan of second chance romances; but if they are done right, then I can end up enjoying them. In the case of Jeremy and Mira, I ended up not being able to become emotionally invested in their second chance relationship at all. The main reason for that was the fact that Jeremy was quite nasty to Mira when they came across each other again after 17 years o ...more
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

Guardian Protection (5 books)
  • Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)
  • Falter (Guardian Protection, #3)
  • Consume (Guardian Protection, #4)
  • Guardian (Guardian Protection, #5)
“A world of hurt was rolling in on me in waves. And, because it was her, my heart was all but volunteering for me to drown.” 2 likes
“I wanted you to choose me because you loved me. Because I loved you so damn much that I couldn’t deal with knowing you didn’t”
He shifted deeper against me, one of his hands moving from the wall to the back of my neck, his fingers sifting up into my hair. “I did love you. Jesus, Mira. I’ve always loved you. You’ve been back in my life three fucking days now. We’re goddamn strangers. I am not positive I’ll even like you two weeks from now. But I know with every fiber of my being that I love you, Mira York. Because it never died. Not for me.”
2 likes