Start by marking “Ryan's Bed” as Want to Read:
Ryan's Bed

Ryan's Bed

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  12,165 ratings  ·  1,766 reviews
I crawled into Ryan Jensen's bed that first night by accident.

I barely knew him. I thought it was his sister's bed--her room. It took seconds to realize my error, and I should've left...

I didn't.

I didn't jump out.

I didn't get embarrassed.

I relaxed.

And that night, in that moment, it was the only thing I craved.

I asked to stay. He let me, and I slept.

The truth? I never wante
Published January 22nd 2018 by Tijan (first published January 21st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Ryan's Bed, please sign up.
Esmée It's not as New Adult as Tijan's other books. The characters are in high school (main character just turned 18 at the beginning of the book), there…moreIt's not as New Adult as Tijan's other books. The characters are in high school (main character just turned 18 at the beginning of the book), there are no really hot scenes and the romance is not slow burn at all in my opinion. It was a good book, but I prefer Tijan's other books, such as Anti-Stepbrother, Fallen Crest and Broken & Screwed.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  12,165 ratings  ·  1,766 reviews

Christy
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!

description

When I read the blurb for Ryan’s Bed, I thought it would be a sob fest. If you know me, that means I was dying to read it! Add in the gorgeous cover, and I was so excited to get my hands on this book. Honestly, I expected to cry my way through it. Imagine my surprise when I made it to the last chapter without shedding a single tear. Then, I read the last page. And I sobbed. For like an hour after reading the book, I was crying and thinking and crying some more. That last tid-bit of info
Katerina
I am torn between angry and heartbroken.
“My face. My body. My heart - it all went with her, because she was me.
My twin sister killed herself on June twenty-ninth.
We would've been eighteen the next day.”

You don't need to know anything else about Ryan's Bed except that it narrates the story of an eighteen year old girl, Mackenzie, and her life after the suicide of her twin sister. It shows how tremendous grief can tear a family apart, and how cruel and malicious teens can be in order to become p
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RYAN’S BED: is a stand alone YA romance novel by Tijan. Spoken in Mackenzie's own words.

This author has a magical way of cloaking her readers in a safe sense of security until the rug is literally pulled right out from under you. The very first chapter reeled me in so fast, like a fish on a hook I was completely hooked, then when I realised exactly what my eyes were reading my heart just dropped. But like a glutton for punishment I had to keep on reading.

Mackenzie's family had just recent
Corina
I'm sitting here, still reeling from a book that was profoundly touching, raw, and emotionally moving. Being a long-term fan of Tijan did not prepare me for this tremendously beautiful story. A story that carries a message. A message that breaks hearts all over the world. A message that can easily affect you and me.

I thought Ryan's Bed would be a typical Tijan novel, but it exceeded all my preconceived expectations. And by typical I mean that it would have everything I've come to love about her
Rachel Dyken
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Tijan.
She knows this.
I tell her all the time.
But not in a weird way.
In more of a hey you're super talented and we should be best friends way, so when she gave me an ARC for Ryans bed, I jumped at the chance to read it, I devour all her books even when I'm on deadline for my own books (much to my publishers dismay).

Going into this book felt like a different experience than other Tijan books, it still had her trademark angst but I think the difference was, the moment you crack the firs
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm already a big fan of Tijan's books but this story blew me out of the water and quickly became my favorite from the author. I have full respect for someone who can write a story about a subject most others would glance over or try to romanticize without writing the full effect of it. Suicide is not pretty, but it can't be ignored and I'm so happy there are authors out there like Tijan that aren't afraid to delve into that topic.

Reading this book shows you that su
Wendy
4-5-stars.png (651×165)

I am a big fan of the "Fallen Crest High" series, and when I signed up for this ARC, it was with the hope that this book would resemble that awesome series a bit.

I got what I wanted....partialy :P

Parts of this book definitely had a "Fallen Crest" feel to it...but other parts were...dare I say....so much better. This book gutted me from the moment I started reading the first page..... and we all know how much I love a good cryfest ;)

tears-gif-2.gif (500×217)

This book starts of on June 29th.... the day MacKenzie turns 18.
Lo Bookfrantic

4.5 ★★★★  Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV: First Person – Female

tijan teaser_Fotor Ryan's bed
"I woke that morning in Ryan’s arms, I felt a little less crazy. I felt a little bit better. And I felt a little more whole."

Mackenzie aka Mac has just woken up to her worse nightmare.  Life has never been amazing for this seventeen year old teenager.  She always felt like an outcast with her eleven year old brother Robbie; who was a natural genius and her identical twin sister; Willow who always exc
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

"In Ryan’s arms, I felt a little less crazy. I felt a little better. And I felt a little bit more whole."

description

I very much enjoyed this story and I felt that the author’s writing has improved since the last time I have read her. I do think there were a few hiccups along the way, but overall I found this to be a very solid, memorable, YA read!
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
There’s something really really special about this book. It’s beautiful, it’s heartbreaking, gut wrenching at times, but also so full of love and healing. I simply loved it and absolutely recommend it!
Snow

look at the cover...

it's very "dreamy" like...

love it...

And yet, NOW after finishing the book, I'm thinking that this beautiful COVER is misleading and it's more than just the notion that this is supposed to be YA/NA angsty drama, (like other Tijan's books) I have to admit I was a bit taken by surprise, especially with the ENDING.

Not only this story deals with pain and hurt over the loss of the loved one it's also a detailed process of coping with it and dealing with issues, self-doubts, self-qu
Jen
This was just an ok read for me. I expected a different kind of story than I got! I found this to be high in angst and low in the romance end of things.
I did love Ryan though! He made the book, I wish his POV was included but it wasn’t. Mackenzie was the only POV that was included and she was dealing with so much grief that it over powered the story.

I do love Tijan as an author and my rating has nothing to do with the quality of her writing. This was all about my preference in a romance type of
Melanie (mells_view)
I can’t even write an actual review.
This book was emotional, gut-wrenching, and still extremely beautiful.

It explores loss and grief in such a beautiful and real way.

I’ve honestly been blown away at the talent of this author. I’ve tried her work before and it didn’t click for me, but this book has changed everything.

Amazing. It deserves a slow clap... so *slow clap*

*this book MAY contain some instances that could be considered triggers*
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

Three star reviews are always the hardest to write, because while I didn’t love this book I didn’t hate it. It just falls into the I enjoyed it but it’s fairly forgettable to me category.

Tijan’s books are a guilty pleasure for me, she dishes out the angst and drama and I sit there and spoon and spoon and spoon it right up and then look to my dealer Tijan for another hit. The woman knows how to write teenage issues for adult eyes, and she does it well.

I liked the premise of this book an
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
5 raw stars

I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest opinion
tijanteaser
Pfew! Where do I begin this review as my head is a mess right now?

Honestly the first chapters were just good but not very good for me. I thought “What have I done requesting this ARC? My rating will be a disaster!”

Mackenzie was a mess. She did not cry, she ignored the reality of what happened if she could, she fled in Ryan’s bed. Ryan became her crutch. The one person she latched onto to stay sane. The one who did no
Helena Hunting
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tijan sure knows how to take a girl on one hell of a roller coaster ride of emotions. This was such an intense story, full of tragedy, heartbreak, love and healing. Get your box of tissues out and hug it like it's your bestie. You're going to need them.
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Warm Stars

This book was a no-brainer for me. It’s by Tijan and I love the cover, HOWVER, I was really nervous about this book. When you love an author so much there’s high expectations and so I went into Ryan’s Bed lightly.

I will have to put the disclaimer on this book: Please read the summary prior to reading Ryan’s Bed. It’s clearly mentioned in the summary that Mackenzie’s sister committed suicide and the book is about Mac dealing with the loss.

I see the mixed reviews. You will either love
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
**sigh** This is going to be a tough one to write. I’m seeing already that I’m in the minority when it comes to opinions about this book, but I’ve got to be honest.

From the synopsis, it’s clear that this book deals with some pretty heavy subject matter. I was prepared for an emotional read. I’m not quite sure what I got, but it wasn’t what I was expecting. This book was…something. I had a certain feeling throughout most of this book. Then I got to the end. And it all changed.

Unfortunately, this
R. Kitt
3.5 Surprise Ending Stars!

Some disturbing subject matter.

17 (about to turn 18) year old Mackenzie Malcolm has just found a horrid surprise and the results are soul crushing for her and her family. The events of the day lead to Mackenzie wondering back to a random girl's bed that evening (so she thinks), in a random house. Restless, tired, and hollow, she accidentally ends up in the girl's brother's (Ryan) bed instead. He doesn't expect her in his bed but he lets her stay and they fall asleep. Th
Damjana
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 26%

I read blurb and I liked it. This was quite disappointment for me; there was too much high school drama with repeating ramlings. And I like to read YA in general. I was confused about Willow (of course I didn't stick with story long enough to found out more, but I didn't like MacKenzie thoughts about her), I didn't feel that Ryan and MacKenzie had any chemistry.

Last nail in the coffin to DNF this book was feeling that story was written by high school author.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

1d1bf5e44fdb8d2bc125649695e667

Ryan’s Bed is an emotional gripping story that will take hold of your heart with all the feels. Tijan took a very sensitive issue of suicide and made readers understand how depression and coping the loss of someone will make you feel naked, raw, exposed and most importantly vulnerable. While this book is about a sister’s journey of understanding and coping the loss of her twin sister, it is also a story of healing.

#ryansBed

On June 30, it would have
Pick a Book
English / Português

4,5 stars

I reread the epilogue three times. Yes. I did. Not because I didn't understand, but because of the intensity of it. The book takes place in the senior year and shows the different ways of suffering with the loss of a loved one. I know that I was glued to the book and only let it go because I had to. RYAN'S BED was different than I imagined and I have a weakness for books like this. Especially when the author is able to capture the real suffering of a person who has lo
Lucia
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
Without further ado, let's get to the explanations for my low rating.

My first problem with this book was very insensitive and annoying narrator. I understood that Mackenzie grieved and everyone grieves in different way. But instead of grieving 18-year-old, she sounded like insensitive and petulant child disrespectful towards other people's feelings and grief. But I could have tolerated that. I don't have to 100% agree with main character to enjoy the book.

However, the thing I could not let go w
Whitney
This book pulled me in. From the beautiful cover to the heart wrenching blurb, I just knew that I had to read it. It turned out to be everything I wanted and more.

On the 29th of June, Mackenzie's world came crashing down. She thought everything couldn't get any worse after being uprooted to a new town in Oregon after her father's promotion. She had no doubts that her siblings would have no problem with the change - especially her twin, Willow. Willow was always popular and perfect. She was the
Hannah G
This book could be very powerful to some. This book felt short for me. I don't know what it was, i just felt like old me would have liked this book more. Current me on the other hand, just felt it was missing something.
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "Too many broken pieces!!!" stars***

***************************************
"Somehow, some way, Ryan had become necessary to me.
He shielded me, protected me.
My head was above water with him.
Without him, I would sink.
I would drown alone.
***************************************

Phew!!!! Honestly I don't know from where to start....
I think this book drained my soul!!!! Literally, and in the last page, I didn't know where i was standing anymore...
This book is different from most of the othe
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Gah! Tijan's Ryan's Bed is HEART BREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL! The loss and grief rolled into one was masterfully crafted it gutted me until the end. It's raw, poignant and riveting leaving me emotionally drained and awe struck. That ending did it for me even more. My God! I never saw it coming, I even cried some more. Up until now, I am utterly speechless I could not convey my emotions into words. It's just so hard. I am broken - my heart was shattered to bits of pieces yet it was the best feeling - in ...more
Ana Vizentim
5 Stars

OMG!!!! This Epilogue took me 2 days to organize my feelings and write this review!!!!

The book is amazing... I cried from chapter 1.

description

They were sad tears, because I was feeling all "Mac" feelings and happy tears because of the way she was healing.
This book is about loss and how people are affected by it. We see sorrow, sadness, depression and most of all we see how we need each other, especially how Mac need Ryan and vice versa.

description

And that epilogue!!!! OMG it has changed everything for me.

Ti
Karen Mc

That would be utopia. If everyone was kind, if everyone was worthy. If there were no hatred, pain, or suffering. If people couldn’t see someone’s skin color, quality of their clothes, where they lived. If nothing mattered except the heart and mind.

It’s not often when I sit and stare at the last line of a story I finished and am left STUNNED SPEECHLESS!!! Three days. It took me three days to process Tijan Meyer’s latest soul-clenching story and translate my emotions into words. This story was
Bookphenomena (Micky)
It’s been a while since I’ve crossed paths with a Tijan book and I’m glad to have renewed the relationship. RYAN’S BED was a refreshing read in terms of content (view spoiler) and I would classsify this as mature YA.

The blurb makes it clear what the context of this book will be and I must admit, I expected the story to revolve around the title and the romance. I was surprised an
spoiler: the ending 6 230 Mar 09, 2019 08:08PM
Young Adult Conte...: #37 Ryan's Bed by Tijan starting Sept. 23 16 16 Dec 06, 2018 07:44AM
Run from Reality ...: February Group Read: Ryan's Bed by Tijan 1 19 Feb 07, 2018 07:13AM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Juniper Unraveling
  • Running Barefoot
  • Pepped Up & Ready (Pepper Jones, #3)
  • Undone (The Bet, #3)
  • The Queen B* and the Homecoming King (The Queen B*, #3)
  • Tortured Soul (Mercy's Angels, #3)
  • Breaking Alexandria
  • The Hard Count
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • The Day She Cried
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Logan (Preston Brothers, #2)
  • Tempted (In Too Deep, #2)
  • In Harmony
  • More Than Kisses (More Than Water, #1.1)
  • Brisé
“You can’t battle someone who’s lost everything.” 13 likes
“When I woke, he was on his back beside me, one of his hands on my side.” 4 likes