Start by marking “Learn about Loss (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #4)” as Want to Read:
Learn about Loss (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #4)

Learn about Loss

(Ghosts of the Shadow Market #4)

In a small town lost to despair, a dark carnival of a market appears. In the fourth in the USA Today bestselling Ghosts of the Shadow Market, faeries and warlocks we know converge, and the fate that will one day produce Kit Herondale is sealed.
Audiobook
Published July 10th 2018 by Simon Schuster Audio

Emma Giordano
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars. Personally, this novella wasn't my favorite.

I think this story had a lot of potential but it wasn't eventful enough. There were a lot of ways a story at this particular point in Brother Zachariah's life could go, but it just fell a little flat. I feel the novella could have benefited from a more fast-paced and action-filled story but it was fairly stagnant throughout. I did read this novella slowly across a few weeks so it’s possible that by dragging out my time reading it, the story fe
~Poppy~
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

#teamJem&Will
Melanie
“I want you to give them both a span of time. Both of them in a time and place where they can be young and happy and together.”

Current mood: Forever weeping over the masterpiece that is the end of this short story. You all, Will and Jem will always be best friend goals, and honestly are the definition of platonic unconditional pure love. (I mean, I won’t go into my polyamorous wants because Cassie Clare didn’t bless us!) But friends, this story just has a lot in it that I really appreciated.
Chi
Jun 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
WILL HERONDALE DAY. Miss my bae so much💔
Suzanne
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really cute story and loved reading about Jem especially. Interesting tale with some a touching ending on Jem & Will. Really short short story but a good fix for shadownhunter fans.

My quick and simple overall: good, quick shadownhunter fix.
Brianna
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shadowhunters
“The Carstairs owe a life debt to the Herondales.”

Each of these stories keep simultaneously breaking and warming my heart. This one especially, because it was so heavily focused on Jem and Will, and also Herondales in general. All my faves.

Some ramblings!

>I didn’t really love this particular Shadow Market and the whole carnival aesthetic
>And I found the beginning slightly boring, but THEN all the TID feels came rushing in
>I can’t believe Jem could’ve returned to himself but he deci
Reem Ghabbany
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don’t you just love brother Zachariah A.K.A James Carstairs. he’s the best
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Was all set on giving this 3 stars, but then THAT ENDING omg <3 <3 <3
Beth
This was perfect, and the ending made me so happy, I loved the carnival setting, seeing iron sisters and the last section of the book was just so lovely.

My heart!

The Land I Lost - 5 Stars
Through Blood, Through Fire - 5 Stars
Carrie
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learn about Loss by Cassandra Clare and Kelly Link is the fourth novella in the young adult paranormal fantasy Ghosts of the Shadow Market series. This series is another companion set of novellas that are brief glimpses into events set in the Shadowhunter world of the Mortal Instruments series.

This fourth book is set at the time around the depression with Brother Zachariah and an Iron Sister visiting a carnival in which it was said you could find your way to your greatest wish. As always I enjoy
Samhita Peechara {Multi Dreamer}⚔
Let's be real here..the only reason I'm even giving this a 3⭐ is because of the Will and Jem scene at the end. That was so precious and I miss Will so much😭
Emma
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was okay. I had zero interest in this Shadow Market and the story had really no action at all. I'm giving this 3 stars just because of the feelings created by my favourite trio of Shadowhunters. (view spoiler)
kim hannah
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ┊ 5 stars

An Iron Sister (in training) and Brother Zachariah had set out on a mission to reclaim some adamas that has ended up in the town of Chattanoogan, Tennessee. Though they didn't expect to be facing a Greater Demon in the midst of a carnival!

(view spoiler)

"Human beings did terrible things to each other, and the traces of those terrible things were everywhere if you looked"

Oh, m
Jaimie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The last chapter 💔
Zoë ☆
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
It’s about Jem so obviously I liked it, and we got to meet another badass character 🙊 BUT I can’t say that it’s a very eventful story. So if you don’t want to read every story before the whole collection comes out, I suggest just skipping this one.
Kyriaki
He was Jem again, and he was in the city where he had been born. Shanghai. Someone said, “Jem? Am I dreaming?”
Even before he turned his head, Jem knew who would be sitting there beside him. “Will?” he said.
Shirley ♡
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Herondale and James Carstairs will always own my heart.
Joleen (starlightbooktales)
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not crying. I swear
The Story Girl
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
"The world was its own sort of crucible, and in it all dreams were tempered and tested. Many crumbled away entirely, and then you went on without them."

"Learn about Loss involves a dark carnival, a stylish demon, and Jem solving a mystery."

This fourth short story in the Ghosts of the Shadow Market series takes place in Chattanooga, TN in October 1936, and unlike the previous three stories, this doesn't revolve around any of the Shadowhunter children, just Jem and a soon-to-be Iron Sister, Si
~vatana~
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Me talking about myself:
🔘————————— 00:01:02

Me talking about why Heronstairs is the greatest fictional bromance of the 21st century:
🔘————————— 02:59:47
teagan
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
gonna have a never ending breakdown
Carolina Carriço
Fuck you, my dear Cassandra. For reaping my heart out in only 50 pages.
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas
This is such a Shadowhunter story, it started out with ridiculous jokes and ended with emotional whiplash KNOCK KNOCK I AM FUCKING CRYING
alyssa
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JEM REALLY DESERVES THE WHOLE WORLD AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AND HERONSTAIRS IS JUST !!!!! also emilia i love LOVE YOU
Flor
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Okay story.
Beautiful ending.
Souma BookAddict
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, read-in-2018

This ending just broke my heart....Well, yeah...that's OK, I didn't need my heart anyway.
Ludodreamer
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Novella pressoché inutile, che non incide nella trama di libri futuri che leggeremo.
Il personaggio di Jem continuo a trovarlo noioso e ripetitivo, quindi immaginatevi la mia reazione quando ho scoperto che la novella era interamente su di lui!
L'unica nota positiva è stata la presenza della Sorella di Ferro Emilia, di cui mi piacerebbe sapere di più, altrimenti tutto il resto non è nulla che non abbiamo già visto/letto. Mi rendo conto che il legame tra Will/Tessa/Jem è indissolubile, ma questo l
Cecily Wolfe
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That ending made me so happy - but I am still crying, because we all know what happens after. This is the best story yet in this collection!
Iris
This one didn't grab me in quite the same way the earlier stories did, but I still loved it! And THE PAIN! THE PAAAAIN!! RTC.
Nadia
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

Ghosts of the Shadow Market (9 books)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #1)
  • Cast Long Shadows (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #2)
  • Every Exquisite Thing (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #3)
  • A Deeper Love (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #5)
  • The Wicked Ones (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #6)
  • The Land I Lost (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #7)
  • Through Blood, Through Fire (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #8)
“The face of the one you love is the best mirror of all.” 6 likes
“The face of the one you love is the best mirror of all. It shows you your own happiness and your own pain and it helps you to bear both, because to bear either alone is to be overwhelmed by the flood.” 4 likes