Start by marking “Every Exquisite Thing (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Exquisite Thing (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #3)

Every Exquisite Thing

(Ghosts of the Shadow Market #3)

Anna Lightwood, eldest child of Gabriel and Cecily, is mad, bad and dangerously dapper. Every rake has an origin story, though: now under Brother Zachariah’s eye we see Anna’s doomed love story unfold.

Audiobook
Published June 12th 2018 by Simon Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Every Exquisite Thing, please sign up.

Emma Giordano
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS NOVELLA WITH ALL OF MY HEART. Compared to all the Shadowhunter novellas, I feel this one only comes second to The Fiery Trial. Not to lay the puns on too thick, but it truly was an exquisite reading experience.

Anna Lightwood has one of the most unique and intriguing storylines I've ever read in young adult fiction. As a genderqueer lesbian in the late eighteen hundreds/early ninteen hundreds, I loved watching her transformation from a woman who tailors her brothers clothes to her bo
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
This gal is seriously rabid. Would a guy behaving like that be cute? Somehow, I doubt it.

A bit too melodramatic, even though some passages were positiely delicious.

Q:
Everyone had their small wonderland. (c) Wrap me several!
Q:
“I understand your family has a very interesting history,” Ariadne said. ...
“My grandfather was a worm, if that’s what you mean,“ Anna said.
Ariadne laughed aloud. “You didn’t like him?”
”I didn’t know him,” Anna said. “He was, quite literally, a worm.” (c)
Usually, when one’
Natasha
tbh Anna could step on me and I'd say 'thank you'
Melanie
“Foolish people say so many things. But we know who we are…”

Anna Lightwood deserves the entire galaxy and all the stars within it, please spread the word. Like, the child of Cecily and Gabriel is a true blessing to the Shadowhunter universe. And the end of this made me happier than any other Shadowhunter short story I’ve ever read. In short, this story is love letter to nonbinary people, and we get to follow Anna embracing being a genderfluid lesbian. Even though everyone knows that queer pe
Beth
"Even where laws are unjust, hearts can find a way to be together. If you love someone, I have no doubt you will find a way to spend your life with them."

This is one of my favourite short stories in the shadow hunter world.

There were SO many references.
- Father/Grandfather Worms (still one of my favourite things EVER)
- Ducks
- Necklaces
- Lots of Warlocks

Most importantly it it shows so much love and acceptance.
I need more of Anna, and I love Cecily and Gabriel even more!

Women should value other wo
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Wow, we stan supportive parents 🙌🏻
ambsreads
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
if i don’t get more Anna Lightwood soon i think i’m going to explode
Brianna
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shadowhunters
“I am exactly who I choose to be. I am a Shadowhunter who wears gorgeous suits and a legendary pendant.”

Anna Lightwood, you absolute ICON. YES.

So I finished this story *right* before QOAAD came out and I didn’t get the chance to review it till now, but oh my goodness I absolutely loved it. Some general ramblings on this one:

>Anna is truly a new fave and I live for her style and her genuineness
>“My grandfather was a worm. He was, quite literally, a worm” HAAAA memories
>I’m seeing pot
fatima♐
Mar 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
COVER REVEAL!!

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE PERSON ON THE COVER ACTUALLY DOES LOOK A LOT LIKE RUBY ROSE ??!! IT'S JUST SO ASDFGHJKL 🔥💙😻
kim hannah
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 Stars
Only 4.5 because it wasn't long enough haha!!

"They are only what makes me feel beautiful and powerful in this moment. I am exactly as I choose to be"

Anna Lightwood. Confident. Dapper. Powerful

Anna has always known who she was. It was one thing to have it known privately but sharing it with others was another.

"Foolish people say so many things. But we know who we are, inside"

Please give it up for parents of the year - Cecily & Gabriel Lightwood!!!!

What Cecily says and does
Banny Carstairs
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna better be happy and loved forever (:
Ashlee » Library In The Country
My heart is so full! I adored this story about Anna Lightwood! She is so devastatingly a Herondale, I love her.

The kids of my favorite English Shadowhunters are back with their witty banter and silly situations.

Additionally, Jem has been sent on a mission to the Shadow Market for information and we learn a little more about a certain warlock’s parentage. 😱

Cast Long Shadows and Every Exquisite Thing are two more stories setting the stage for the upcoming Last Hours series and I am so damn excit
Kayla
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this small novella very much. The charcaters were excellent and the romance was so lovely and even as a small quick read, I shipped Anna and Ariadne so much!
Samhita Peechara {Multi Dreamer}⚔
4.5⭐
I really like this character, Anna Lightwood. I like that she's very independent and has a lot of self respect which makes her character that much better. I like that she basically looked at the society and said 'screw you-I'll be who i wanna be'. I can't wait to read more about her in the future.
Arin ⭐
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
“Women should value other women, even if society often did not.”

I loved this so much, my heart is full and happy! Also, shout out to Gabriel and Cecily Lightwood for being the best parents.
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
“Women should value other women, even if society often did not.”

Reading about Anna and her choice of attire could possible be one of the best things that I’ve read. I adored her character so much just by reading one short novella!

Her relationship with her cousins and brothers was heartwarming and a favorite part for me. You can see in this novella how Matthew has started to change after the events of Cast Long Shadows. Jem seeking out Warlocks and trying to find ways to help Tessa, Will and th
Varsha
A short story with a very important message. I loved getting to know Anna Lightwood and the dynamics between all the children of the TID main charcters is so heartwarming. Lastly, Cecily and Gabriel are the best parents in the shadow world, the last scene had me crying you guys 🙈
Maida
“Women should value other women, even if society often did not.”

I loved the idea behind the story but not the story itself. For some reason I felt very disconnected to this one in particular, which I’m guessing is because it’s co-written and the characters don’t feel like they usually do when only written by Cassandra Clare.

I do appreciate the representation, I adore Anna and the whole tlh crew and OH MY GOD my children Cecily and Gabriel grew up to be such good parents I’m proud.
susana ✷
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
cecily and gabriel win the award of best parents in the shadow world!

anna is amazing i need to know more about her
Diana (booksinarmor)
May 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
So i'm completely broken after Matthew's story but like if I'm honest with myself Anna Lightwood could hit me and I would be thankful....
Clara
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
GIVE ME TLH ALREADY
Angigames
3 stelle e mezzo
Se questa novella fosse stata dedicata solamente al personaggio di Anna sarebbe stata perfetta. Anna è un personaggio molto interessante e già da subito la Clare ci va giù pesante... il mio cuore si è spezzato 😢
In questa novella stona tantissimo la presenza di Jem.
Relegato alla ricerca di un'informazione passata, informazione che avrebbe potuto essere molto succulenta e che invece è trattata con estrema superficialità, Jem è solo una comparsa in tutta la storia, è un'ombra che
Suzanne
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love anything shadowhunters! These novellas are quick but provide enough “fix” until the next book is released. This was a great one that follow Anna Lightwood and provides a lot of joy to see the acceptance and strength her parents give her, and also her growth into what she wants as a personal preference. It was a lovely story about a lovely character that has the courage to be different.

My quick and simple overall: very enjoyable quick read!
Souma BookAddict
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, read-in-2018

I love this era so much more than the modern day, so the wait for The Last Hours is actually painful. And I can't wait to read more about Anna ! She is so damn cool.
Iris
***Second Read Review, December 31, 2018***

So apparently I never reviewed this one? I have a ton to say, but I also have a ton to do today (including reading a few more of these stories to complete my reading challenge), so I'm going to keep this short.

(And slightly spoilery. You have been warned.)

I ADORE this short story. It BREAKS MY HEART, but the ending also gives me hope. Cecily and Gabriel are the BEST parents and I love them! ❤

That scene in the end with Anna and Cecily made me cry, bec
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
"My grandfather was a worm."

Why did I ever doubt the magical writing of Cassie Clare? How could I have ever felt that this series would be just overall "meh" when brought beside TMI or TID?

How did I ever feel that the children of the TID characters would be dull given the personalities of their parents?

"Someday, the lady would not be imaginary. The clothes would not be borrowed and ill-fitting. Someday she would stride down the street and women would fall at her feet (not failing to notice
Joleen (starlightbooktales)
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Clare will always know exactly the way to my heart. Her characters bring me to tears of sadness and laughter every time.
Stanislav Lozanov
I loved the message of the story, however, it was boring AF!
Mandy White
A bit of a Shadowhunters hit between books.. always enjoyable
Eℓℓis ♥
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dal libro:

"Persino quando le leggi sono ingiuste, i cuori riescono a trovare un modo per stare insieme."

Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

Ghosts of the Shadow Market (9 books)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #1)
  • Cast Long Shadows (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #2)
  • Learn about Loss (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #4)
  • A Deeper Love (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #5)
  • The Wicked Ones (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #6)
  • The Land I Lost (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #7)
  • Through Blood, Through Fire (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #8)
“My grandfather was a worm.” 7 likes