Start by marking “Swap'd (Click'd #2)” as Want to Read:
Swap'd (Click'd #2)

Swap'd

(Click'd #2)

After her Click’d catastrophe, Allie Navarro is determined to redeem herself. So when the class gets an assignment to create a mobile game from recycled code, Allie pairs up with Courtney, her best friend from CodeGirls camp, to create the perfect app: Swap’d.

Kids buy, sell, and trade stuff at school all the time. Candy. Clothes. Video games. Slime. Why not make a fiercely
Published February 5th 2019 by Disney Book Group

To ask other readers questions about Swap'd, please sign up.

Start your review of Swap'd (Click'd #2)
Ms. Yingling
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Public library copy

Allie gets tickets to Game On Con because of her previous coding experiences, and wants her friend from coding camp, Courtney, to visit and go with her. The plane ticket is very expensive, so both sets of parents say no. When a school assignment to recycle code ends with Allie creating a Swap'd app that enables students in her school to trade and sell items, giving her a 10% cut, she thinks that this is a great way to save the money. The app does well, and business is brisk.
Shana
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maxine
She says 4.5 stars and liked this one evem better than the first book!
Sharanya
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for this book forever since I read Click'd!
Nhu
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: borrow
I hope there is a third book. I need to know what will happen between the main characters. I skip my science homework, so I can finished. Now I need to get back to studying.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Swap'd by Tamara Ireland Stone, 323 pages. Disney Hyperion, 2019. $17. 9781484786963.
Language: G (1 swear, 0 'F'); Mature content: G; Violence: G

BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Allie's newest assignment in Computer Science challenges her to mix up and reuse code from a variety of different projects--hers and friends--to create something new. With her CodeGirls friend, Courtney, she creates a new app called Swap'd that allows kids at school to buy and sell things in an auc
BookTrib.com
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
New York Times Best Selling Author, Tamara Ireland Stone is back with another empowering coming-of-age novel, the second in her Click’d series, Swap’d (Disney Hyperion).

Middle school coder Allie Navarro has faced challenges before. She has learned from the mistakes she made in Click’d, and is back to prove to herself, her family and friends and Naomi Ryan, the CEO of Spyglass Game, that she deserves a spot at the Spyglass Summer Teen Hackathon, a summer program for talented teen coders.

Allie is
Naomi Campbell
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books
I really really liked BOTH of these books, and I read this book just at a time of life where it was a wonderful, happy escape for me, so I just thank the author again for writing it. It was funny and sweet, full of friendship and yet some pretty hard woes for a kiddo to go through too. These students learn and build character, and they were pretty great to begin with, says me. She wrote this so you do NOT have to be a gamer or a techie or a coder to understand it or to enjoy it, so don't let the ...more
Vanessa
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vanessa Perry 10/3/19
Book plug #3 8A

The book I read was swap’d by Tamara Ireland Stone, the genre is realistic fiction and this book is the second book in the series. The main character is Allie she is a super smart girl. In the book she makes a new app to sell stuff. To make money to get her friend to San Francisco where she lives. She wants to get her friend to this event called game on. Allie finds out that her game is actually illegal and she has to give all the money back to
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
My almost twelve year old was a HUGE fan of Click'd and jumped up and down when I showed her what I was reading on my kindle. We both read it and loved it. As a mom of a tween and hs teacher I felt like Tamara Ireland Stone wrote yet another great middle grade book. It is relevant and appropriate for the age group. My daughter said it was a good book (and she devoured it). She is hoping for more from this lovely author. Thank you so much netgalley for this arc in exchange for my honest opinion!
CaptainArrow
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, even though I haven’t read Click’d. We went to our library, I noticed this on a shelf. I couldn’t put it down, even though I had 2 other books to get through. Since I love coding and agree that there aren’t enough female programmers, I thought it was a wonderful way to gently encourage coding in girls. I hope there’s a third book, and now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go write an illegal auction app.
Jonathan R Herrin
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spoiler! Awesome!

The only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is because while amazing- Click’d will always be the best book in the series! I loved how for once something went right for Ally in the end! When Marcus told Ally he likes Zoe i couldn’t help but fall in love with the book! Please make a third book! Can’t wait for hacathon!
Adinda
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sooo I finished this book in just a few hours and I loved every second of it. It was super fastpaced and all the characters are so lovable. I think the Click’d series is my most favorite middle grade series of all time and I need a third book asap!
Tara
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I loved this book! Its a great story, well-written, and I think would appeal to any young reader but especially girls. I loved the first CodeGirls book just as much as this, and I really hope there will be more to come.
Vrinda
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty good and has a lot of plot twists.It opens a new window for Allie, because she finds out that she would be jealous of something... or someone. Pick up this book to find out her successes, failures, friendships and frenemies!
Finley
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
really good, I read it too fast!! :)
dearlittledeer
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Yay! This sequel did not disappoint. Very fun books. Hope there will be another.
Shana Rivera
2.5
Karla
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
Awwww these books are so adorable 💚
Nyah Pelke
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So awesome!! Definitely worth reading!!
Sarah Sammis
I hope there is a third one.

Swap'd by Tamara Ireland Stone is the second CodeGirls book. Allie Navarro wants to redeem herself after the fiasco with Click'd. Her advanced computer science teacher has assigned everyone to make programs that uses code already created, basically to learn how to rapid prototype with code libraries, rather than reinventing something each and every time.

Meanwhile, Allie also has tickets to an upcoming coding event and wants her Code Girls buddy Courtney to join her. T
Renee
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, mg
I actually enjoyed this more than Click'd. This story picks up after Click'd with Allie deciding if she wants to go to the same summer camp as last summer or to a new summer program at a high-profile company. She wants to do both, but she can't. She hesitates sending her application for the summer program and doubts whether she would even be accepted. She's afraid to tell her best friend since they were planning on going to CodeGirls together again.

Allie mentions she's going to a game convention
Anisha_book_lover
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: click-d-series
Awesome book! It's even better than the the first book of this series!!
Hope that there is at least one more book to come!

RATING: 10/10
Apr 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hideout
  • Lost Boys
  • Spy School (Spy School, #1)
  • Spy School British Invasion (Spy School #7)
  • The Trail
  • Let's Pretend We Never Met
  • Forget Me Not
  • Greetings from Witness Protection!
  • Spy School Goes South (Spy School, #6)
  • Focused
  • The Island of Dr. Libris
  • Finding Perfect
  • Braced
  • A Good Kind of Trouble
  • I Can Make This Promise
  • Mr. Lemoncello's Great Library Race (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #3)
  • The Doughnut Fix (The Doughnut Fix #1)
  • The Someday Birds
TAMARA IRELAND STONE spent nearly two decades in the technology industry before she began writing middle grade and young adult fiction. She feels lucky to say she's had two careers she's loved.

Her New York Times bestseller, EVERY LAST WORD, won the Cybils Young Adult Fiction Award, the Georgia Peach Book Award, and was a YALSA Teens' Top Ten pick; LITTLE DO WE KNOW won the NCIBA Golden Poppy Award

Click'd (2 books)