Start by marking “Sometimes Rain” as Want to Read:
Sometimes Rain

Sometimes Rain

Celebrate the four seasons of the year and all of the fun that comes with them with this lyrical, rhyming picture book from the author of I Heart You.

Sometimes it rains, sometimes it snows, sometimes the sun shines, and sometimes the trees change color. But no matter what the seasons bring, there is lots of fun to be had! This lyrical exploration of the four seasons and al
Published October 30th 2018 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Sometimes Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sometimes Rain

Linda Patchett
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charming picture book about children and families enjoying being outside through the seasons. The lovely and detailed graphics will surely draw in the imaginative reader and nature lover. I found myself reminiscing about exploring ponds and jumping in leaf piles when I was young. The simple narrative and peaceful images make this an excellent read for bedtime.
KC
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rhyming fun through the seasons.
Elisabeth
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Acceptance of what the world is (literally) throwing at you and enjoying what you can along the way is always a lovely and welcome sentiment.
Anthony
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This story tells of the season changes, and all the wonders and joys that can be seen, and enjoyed in the great outdoors, no matter the weather.
Tasha
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Told in rhyming couplets, this picture book explores the wonders of each of the four seasons in turn. The book begins at the end of fall with a rained-upon picnic that is met with smiles. The weather then turns colder and soon there is snow enough for sledding. Snow eventually melts into mud that then turns into sunny hillsides of flowers. Summer is filled with visits to the beach and exploring nature. Autumn brings apples and piles of crunchy leaves to play in. The book ends as winter returns o ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Sometimes Rain by Meg Fleming, illustrated by Diana Sudyka. PICTURE BOOK. Beach Lane Books (Simon & Schuster), 2018. $18. 9781481459181

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Almost every sentence in this books starts with the word “sometimes” and describes some sort of event that happens in nature, either as a force of nature or an activity that happens in nature. The poetic descriptions and illustrations move through the four seasons starting with winter. Ultimately th
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
This is a lovely, lyrical look at the four seasons. The perfect read for any time of year! See what the weather has in store for us, how it affects us, and what we may do to enjoy it!

The watercolored illustrations are gorgeous! We especially loved that you can see the wind and blizzards throughout the seasons. There's tons of detail to draw the eye!

We picked this up thinking it was all about rain (perfect for our upcoming rainy season) but it turned out to be a fun romp through all four season
Jana
This lovely picture book with beautiful watercolor illustrations and simple rhyming text celebrates all of the seasons and weather conditions with young readers. The underlying message is to get outside and explore and play and enjoy all that nature has to offer in each of the seasons. Lots of kids these days are reluctant to go outside and play, preferring sedentary pastimes of television and video games. This book would be a terrific way to encourage kids to embrace the seasons. And with the o ...more
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GORGEOUS illustrations. And I love books that celebrate kids spending time in nature. I love how the characters exhale these glorious swirly outlines of bird and clouds and beautifulness. Yes yes very yes.
Laura Salas
I love this dreamy wandering through the seasons! I also love the way it celebrates the joy of working with what you're given. We can't control the weather and so much else, so it's all about finding beauty in whatever is happening.
mary dewley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I fell in love with everything about this book! The text is simple rhyming no more than a sentence. Each page is vibrant and full of motion as it goes through the seasons. The illustrations in this book are sure to bring back those memories of childhood of exploration and imagination!
Clwseattle
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Sometimes Rain celebrates enjoying and appreciating the seasons no matter the weather they give you. It nicely rhymes and the illustrations are sometimes fun, sometimes moving, always interesting.
Miss Sarah
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
A toddler and up book with clean pictures about the weather outside and activities you cna accomplish during them.
Edward Sullivan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, nature
Celebrating fun through the four seasons.
Tracy Morton
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This would be great for a really young audience to talk about weather or seasons. Simple text, rhyming.
Angela
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
Rhyming, outdoor activities and adventure in all seasons and weather.
Aliza Werner
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Colorful watercolor illustrations, story about the changing seasons written as a poem.
Kristina Jean Lareau
A beautifully illustrated watercolor picturebook about the changing seasons with lyrical, rhyming couplets.
Mikki
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely beautiful book about seasons. A perfect poetic read aloud.
Kate
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely quiet read to illustrate seasons and the cyclical rhythm of nature.
Lynn
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting illustrations and thoughtful phrases. Would like to sit with a youngster and read this on a rainy day.
Jeromy Winter
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great, beautifully illustrated, little story. Would be a wonderful addition to a seasons unit.
Yentl ♥
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this rhyming story about the seasons and the illustrations were beautiful.
Kristin Nelson
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Rhyming book that goes through the seasons, but the text is a little vague for that. Lots to look at in the pictures.
Riley
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-the-kiddos
Probably my favorite of the various season/weather related books we've picked so far.
Lisa D
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Cute book about seasons!
Shannon
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful artwork and poetic language make this book a fun read for nature lovers especially. My kids started saying “sometimes” this and “sometimes” that after reading it.
Megan - Alohamora Open a Book
Beautiful lyrical story. There's rhyming, gorgeous pictures, and a lovely story about the 4 seasons. I think 3rd-4th grade could use this with a poetry or writing lesson.
Janet
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
With a quiet rhyming text and beautiful illustrations, we see children outside playing in the natural world in all types of weather. Perhaps lots of children need to view and enjoy this one.
Kelly
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the poetic pace to this lovely story of changing seasons.
Meg Fleming is the author of I Heart You, Ready, Set, Build!, Ready, Set, Sail! and other books for children. Also a voice teacher, Meg draws on her love of rhythm, rhyme and lyricism to create and imagine stories. She was recently named 2016 Honoree in Children's Fiction by the Society of Midland Authors for her book, I Heart You. Meg lives outside of San Francisco with her husband, three kids an ...more