Start by marking “The Dark Vault (The Archived, #1-2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Vault (The Archived, #1-2.5)

The Dark Vault

(The Archived #1-2.5)

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.
Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Ma
Published August 14th 2018 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Start your review of The Dark Vault (The Archived, #1-2.5)
lily ☁️
3 1/2 starsmy full review is now up on my blog!

“Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell …”

There is a reason why V.E. Schwab is so hugely successful, has earned herself such a loyal fanbase, and has taken not only the Young Adult, but also the Adult Fantasy genre by a storm—and that is her innate ability to create worlds, characters, and storylines that draw you in, mind and heart, and refuse to let you go.

The Dark Vault is, as expected, s
Kai
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
The reason I'm rating this book before its release is that I have read this series before. And if you have not, make sure you do.
Amelia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Archived: 4.5 stars
The Unbound: 5 stars
Ashley Daviau
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a week since I’ve finished this book and I’m still struggling to pull my thoughts together because it was so freaking fabulous that it blew my mind into space. This volume contains both books and a short story from The Archived series and I’m glad they came in one handy package because this series is so damn binge worthy! I’ve absolutely loved everything I’ve read by Schwab but this series is in a whole other universe of greatness and by far my favourite by her. The world she created i ...more
Hamad
May 25, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Victoria Schwab is a queen and I wanna read all her books!!

description
Drewthereader20
Finally finished this!!!!(:
1) The archived 4/5 stars
2) The unbound 4/5 stars
2.5) Leave the window open 3/5 stars!!
Lata
2020-05 The Unbound: Interesting. Mackenzie questions her sanity as she keeps encountering Owen in what first seem to be dreams, then, later, in her daily life. Also, there are people disappearing, and Mackenzie starts at a new school, only to get a surprise on her first day.
Lots of action, a growing relationship between Mackenzie and Wesley (who's the best!), and, my biggest complaint with this story: Mackenzie refuses to confide in anyone! Augh! Drove me up the wall! So much of the story's act
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Earlier on in the year, if I had to list authors who just didn’t agree with me, V. E. Schwab woulda been one of them. I read A Darker Shade of Magic and the Monsters of Verity series and, while I didn’t dislike them, I wasn’t blown away.

I am now, as they say, eating humble pie because latest books of hers that I’ve read have been fire. I adored Vengeful, but The Vault has stolen my heart.

This book contains both books in The Archived series, plus a short story from Wesley’s point of view (I AM
Marie
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2018-releases
Schwab never ever disappoints with her books and she builds amazing worlds, I am amazed every single time. The Dark Vault was everything I wanted it to be, mysterious, a little creepy at times, filled with suspense and twists and gripping from page one. A wonderful series! :)

Read my full review of The Dark Vault on the blog.

Thank you to Titan Books for sending me a review copy of this book. This did not, in any way, influenced my thoughts and rating.

My Blog - Drizzle & Hurricane Books - Twitt
Rhea
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Schwab.
That's it.
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
> 4 stars!

Given this is a bind-up of two books, it’s slightly hard to review errr book one was a 3.5 for me, but book 2 was a steady 4! So I guess I’ll round it up and stick with a 4 overall because I’m a diehard Schwab stan

- honestly I really enjoyed this, Schwab creates really memorable worlds and I’m glad this omnibus edition got released because otherwise I probably would not have read this series :(( (I was too lazy to get my hands on it before, SORRY)

The Dark Vault is a bind up that contains all three stories in Victoria Schwab's Archived series together in print for the first time. I'm going to review each of the stories separately but this has been a really fun series to read so it's one I'd definitely recommend trying.

The Archived:

Imagine a world where after you die a kind of copy of your soul is taken to the Archive to be kept as part of the world history. These copies, also known as “Histories”, contain all of your memories and thou
Sabrina Ye
wtf why I didn't know this until now?????😅
Lorna (lornaslibrary)
It pains me to DNF V.E. Schwab, it really, really does, but if I have to read one more page of Mackenzie Bishop's dumb choices I'm going to start pulling my own hair out. I don't usually write full reviews for DNFs but since I only had 100 pages left of The Unbound I think I've read enough to form a valid opinion.

Plus
-Wesley Ayers
-The Archive itself is a really interesting concept with a lot of potential

Minus
-Mackenzie makes the stupidest life choices I've
Lauren
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
2nd read: Makes me so sad the publisher didn't pick up book three - I wanted to see Mac and Wes become crew

1st read: A new favourite, as predicted.

There was nothing I didn't love about this book: the characters, the world building and the storyline were all fantastic.

I would happily re-read this several times and then some.

Please, please tell me there's going to be more.
Bitchin' Reads
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I removed a star because I was not a fan of the first book--it really dragged, I was having a hard time caring, and there was an emotional depth that was missing...

...And that emotion depth was there in the second book. I breezed through book two. INFINITELY better than the first one. I was here for it, all the the complications, Mackenzie coming more into herself and balancing life with her Keeper duties and struggling all the while. In the first book she was hard to relate to, but here in The
Caylynn
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Perfection. Gorgeous. Stunning. Brilliant.

Victoria Schwab can do no wrong. Even when it comes to the books I didn't love as much, such as City of Ghosts and The Near Witch, I know for a fact that there are plenty of readers out there who will consider those books to be as beloved as Schwab's other books are to me.

Full review to come tomorrow, because I technically have to write a review for two books instead of one. Wish me luck lol.
Chanel
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Closer to 3.5 or 3.75 but I’m rounding up because I liked it The Unbound better the The Archived. Though I could’ve done without the cheesy love story at the end...

Wouldn’t call this my favorite Schwab work, but I liked it better than Monsters of Verity. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Hannah
The Archived - 4 ⭐️ stars
The Unbound - 4.5 ⭐️ stars

What can I say? I simply love Schwabs writing style.
This story was unexpected and original. I loved the characters - especially Wes and Mac have won my heart. They’re just so pure and ugh I just wanna hug them.
At the first half of the first book I struggled to fully get into the story. This quickly changed as soon as I understood the world and their characters and it then turned into a lot of fun.
I only had some minor issues throughout the serie
Laura (crofteereader)
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by VE Schwab that I've read that I didn't get bored reading. Unlike in Shades of Magic and Villains, there is no point in which the plot stops or we follow a character who isn't doing anything (I never thought I'd really appreciate first person narrators but in this case I do).

Mackenzie Bishop has an interesting and slightly unbelievable life: she works for a mysterious supernatural organization called The Archive, wrangling Histories (kind of like ghosts but not) that esc
Angelique Simonsen
The best Y/A fantasy I have read all year!! So believable and the storyline was fascinating. I kinda ate this book up lol
Alex (PaperbackPiano)
The Archived
I have to admit, I found this a little confusing at first. It took me nearly 60 pages to get certain characters straight in my head. However, I was certainly intrigued! The story was quite sad and a lot darker than I expected, with lots of tugging on the heartstrings.

Mackenzie was a likeable protagonist (though sometimes I was unsure of her exact age). And Wesley was certainly book boyfriend material. One of my favourite characters, though, was Roland. He was a precious Hufflepu
Lauren Murphree
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Schwab is queen.

I wish she'd been able to publish the third book she drafted, but I'm glad she was able to publish these together with a short story to give us some closure.
Kelly
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full RTC.

The Archived- 4.5 stars.
The Unbound- 4 stars. Also, the extra short story from Wes's POV was really sweet. :)
Overall rating- 4.25 stars.
Do
Hexe
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just love
Romana
If had read this series a few years ago, before reading everything else Victoria has written, I'd probably have rated it higher. But it's very clearly one of her earlier works. It's still good and I loved the concept and the mystery. But the writing and the characters are not up to her usual standard. Not bad by any means, but they can't really compare.

Full review
Paige Green
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I bought this on my own for my book club!

Book Series: The Archieved 1-2.5

Rating: 3/5

Publication Date: August 14, 2018

Genre: YA Paranormal

Recommended Age: 15+ (language, some gore, some violence, some mature scenes involving what can be seen as sex)

Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

Pages: 704

Amazon Link

Synopsis: Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
Monogamist
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I am going to say right away, I have a lot of respect for V.E.Schwab. She is an amazing Writer and she always tells us great stories (Monsters of Verity is one of my fave series ever - I swear).

However, I am always scared of her fans, so if I now say that I really disliked this book and I couldn't wait to be over, I am super worried fans are going to troll me.

I picked this book as Christmas break read, but it totally killed the vibe. The beginning completely threw me off, it was so confusing a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Shades of Magic Vol. 2: Night of Knives
  • Vengeful (Villains, #2)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 3: The Rebel Army
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
  • The Disconnect
  • The Damned (The Beautiful, #2)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • The Lost Book of the White (The Eldest Curses, #2)
  • A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)
  • Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite
  • Red School (Part 1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Behind the Horror: Real Stories Behind the Big Screen's Greatest Screams
  • The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1)
Victoria is the product of a British mother, a Beverly Hills father, and a southern upbringing. Because of this, she has been known to say "tom-ah-toes," "like," and "y'all."

She also tells stories.

She loves fairy tales, and folklore, and stories that make her wonder if the world is really as it seems.

The Archived (3 books)
  • The Archived (The Archived, #1)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)