Start by marking “Time Frame (Split Second, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time Frame (Split Second, #2)

Time Frame

(Split Second #2)

SPLIT SECOND was the 27th bestselling Kindle book of 2017—out of almost 6 million titles. Now, this blockbuster continues with TIME FRAME, a standalone sequel that will leave you breathless.

A daring attempt to go back a split second in time to destroy Kim Jong-un. A discovery so consequential it dwarfs even time travel. And a treacherous enemy bent on revenge.

Lee Cargi
Published January 14th 2018 by Paragon Press

To ask other readers questions about Time Frame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Frame

Start your review of Time Frame (Split Second, #2)
Douglas Richards
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi, this isn't a review, just an announcement to those following my reviews that my new novel, Time Frame, is now available as an e-book and audiobook (and a paperback any day now). This is a sequel to Split Second, but it is a stand-alone novel, so no need to re-read Split Second to refresh your memory. If you do read it, I hope that you'll enjoy it.

Doug
5ngela
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
First I want to say that I really hope Split Second make sequel. And my dream comes true when I see Time Frame. In fact it was perfect except for one thing. Now I regret for wishing the sequel. I don't know what happen. But I feel that this book is not like his writing. I don't know what's wrong but it just feel empty. Really empty. I find that I finish this book just for the sake finishing it. I gained no pleasure no sadness about it. The characters are not like their old self in Split Second. ...more
Marika Charalambous
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Also read last year, but forgot to mention it on Goodreads. I remember I've enjoyed it a lot.
Shane Phillips
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
There is just something that rubbed me wrong with the writing. Something in the level of description maybe. Felt like it was over descriptive.
Adrian Durlester
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Douglas E. Richards. He writes fun-to-read speculative fiction that likes to tackle ethical and moral issues. This book, second in the "Split Second" series is no exception - but it is also not particularly exceptional. Though I believe the author strives for a reasonably balanced political perspective, there are times when his writing gets troublingly hawkish and jingoistic. I found that more so in this book, in which ethically questionable actions receive an undue amoutn (from my perspe ...more
Richard
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great short story

Oh wait, this isn't a short story. Could have been effectively told in 200 pages. Repetitious. I was hoping that after the first one the author improve the story line. But, sadly no.
Ben
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it

I have read nearly all of Mr. Richards' books and several are on my "favorites" list. The first book in this "Split Second" series just barely missed the cut. I remember being very intrigued by the mystery of why a man that discovered a seemingly useless technology (the ability to send something back in time by a fraction of a second) would be hunted down and killed. Then getting to see how powerful that technology could be. But where that book lost me was in the ending. It
Jacob
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yishai
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh man. I can’t believe I liked this book. The first one was super bad: misogynistic, dumb. And this one too, mind you, suffers from the same crippling dialogue and regrettable character descriptions (ex: the lady protagonist is always described with relation to when she last had sex / her ability to have sex / etc.) it’s like - c’man dude there’s more ways to describe a human.

Also, wow the author needs to read “On Writing,” the King book. Writing 101 is avoid adverbs. Instead of “he said angri
Isaac
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danika Fedeli
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just fantastic!

Douglas E. Richards has quickly become one of my favorite authors. The way he intricately weaves near futuristic scientific possibilities into an action packed plotline is one of the many reasons I devour his books as soon as they're released! I have Kindle Unlimited, so I can read all his novels for free, but I BUY THEM! Why? Because I always want them available. I reference them in conversations and then pull them up on my phone.

Now, I know can be a stand alone novel, but do you
Vince Curley
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chabs
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mind-Blowing-Definitely A Must Read

Just As Every Book Douglas E Richards Publishes This Book Is Absolutely Mind Blowing And Awe Inspiring, The Characters Bring You In And Develop So Much, The Story And Sequels Just Keep Getting Better And Better. Amazing Use Of Science, Technology And What Our Future Could Be Like, I See This Can Definitely Happen In The Near Future. Amazing Writing, Well Explained And Keeps You Turning Pages Until The End, Which I Didn’t Want It Come. I’ve Read All Of Douglas
Louise Pass
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good stuff

As the second book in the series there is less new science and more social impact speculation, delving into the effects of multiple beings and the ethics of duplication. I have a question , about the mechanics of transporter tech, that I probably missed an explanation of, is the dark energy actually converting into matter directly or is it somehow altering matter in the regular universe to create duplicates of everything? There is not likely to be enough speciality chemicals laying
Brian Swartzfager
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining sequel to "Split Second" which picks up right where the first book ended. Bit of a different vibe: the plot of the first book focused on the mystery as to why one of the characters was killed to suppress a seemingly harmless scientific breakthrough and who could be trusted. This one was more about what the heroes could do - and should do - with and about that breakthrough. And as in the first book, the characters are amazingly good at what they do: not perfect, but pretty close.< ...more
Dexter
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
It's nice to have a sequel that manages to continue the plotline from the first book while also making the first book feel complete and closed out by the end of it.

It's been a year it two since I read Split Second, so I definitely appreciated the exposition at the start that recapped the previous novel while introducing the setting for this one.

Overall, Time Frame was a very enjoyable read. The characters are interesting and fairly unique, the plot enjoyable, and the acti
Christopher
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Not bad...but I liked the first one better

I still enjoyed the story but I wasn't crazy about the Kim Jong Un storyline. It just seemed to be crow barred in there as a distraction to the main storyline. It just didn't seem like an action that the characters would really do at this point in the story arc and it was ultimately used in order to justify a duplicate to stay alive. Regardless it was still entertaining and not a bad sequel. I am not sure if I will continue if there are more to the seri
John
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining book series. The main characters are awesome ... and I could not believe how cool some of the plot in this second book was. I don't want to spoil it for anyone ... but I was blown away by the journey into N.K. Wow ... what a crazy trip. If only it were so easy to take out the bad guys. Ha!
The only thing that would have made it more insane ... was if Donald Trump were the President. Well, we know that's never going to happen, so what do we have to worry about right? If any
Sean Randall
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic way to continue the series, I really enjoyed it. A good opening set of chapters to refresh the mind as to what happened in book 1, and a brilliant continuation of the story with so much real world material, it's hard to believe it's all fiction. it did perhaps get a bit much, with everyone having multiple copies and it being a bit of a stretch to work out who was whom and with which other version of that other person's same self and whatnot, but all rollicking good fun really and spot ...more
Darlene
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time Frame

This was an an exceptionally well written book. Richards always amazes me with his knowledge and basing his books on truth combined with science fiction. This book was no exception. The Q5 team has out done themselves. Their use of split second time travel and nifty gadgets give them quite an edge. Resulting in a book that was exciting, action packed, and informative. Read this series of two books. You won't regret it.
Bari Dzomba
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I normally read a book in 2-3 days and it took me 3 months to get through this one because it was so stupid. I kept putting it away in favor of about 50 other really good books I finished within 1-3 days. There were just too many ‘duplicates’ and two different plots that didn’t seem to integrate well. I wanted to give this one star but after reconsidering the amount of work and creativity decided to give the author the benefit of three stars.
Ian
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An outstanding countinuation of Split Second

This is great book with terrific deep characters and an author that values intelligence and research more than most others, but still managed to pull off some incredible action scenes. As soon as I finish writing this, I'm going to be choosing another of his books to read and I can't wait to dig into whichever one I pick. So read Split Second first, but definitely start into this book immediately after.
Pierre
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I was really excited after reading 'Split second' to rush and buy this book. I wasn't aware of this 'stand alone' status...not a true sequel.
I was repeatedly aggravated by having the first book re-hashed again making it an overly long task.
Once passed the initial 'surprise', it was very long with little excitement.
The writing seemed different and rushed. I am sorry but have still hopes for a true sequel to come.
Phani Dharmavarapu
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading Split Second and others from Douglas E. Richards. But not this one though. The story felt hollow and repetitive at many places. The N.Korea/ China storyline to be unnecessary. I appreciate the research the author does in all the books he has written, including this. But completing this felt more like a formality. I enjoyed reading the research facts presented at the end more than the story itself. Hope the next one from the author feels good.
Erin
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Book, oozes with Creativity.

I recommend this book, great concepts, imaginative and an edge of your seat page turner. As in the first book, difficult scientific concepts are well explained and fascinating. However, it did not quite live up to the original - in that many of the "twists" were too predictable, but despite this, it is a good read. I look forward to reading many more books by this author.
Tom Dixon
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: laser18
In a word, convoluted. I gave Split Second 4 stars and was looking forward to this follow up. Split Second had flaws but it was still a good thriller. All the flaws from Split Second were magnified in this sequel. Magnified and multiplied. Split Second had it's share of black box, hand waving scifi but Time Frame took that to a whole new level. (view spoiler) ...more
Ray Marie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost 5 stars, but…

I'm a huge Douglas Richards fan. There is a lot to like in Time Frame, but I have to take issue with the Q5 decision to voluntarily deliver to Edgar Knight the entire Q5 leadership - unconscious! Seriously? Have they not learned from past experiences that you can't trust a single thing that Edgar Knight says? At least in Book 1 they had the good sense to send duplicates, but not here? Sorry, that's the one thing that stands out most to me.
J Lopez
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok but not as cohesive or interesting as first book

Most of the surprise of the time travel technique was revealed in the first book, so this one came off as a little superfluous, albeit still enjoyable. I feel he could've left out the selfish sperm stuff. In real life, people don't need scientific reasons to feel attraction, so it comes off as a little polemical in the story and makes the thinly sketched characters even less authentic.
Edgar Guedez
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time travel revisited

This is Richard's second book about time travel. Although, it seems to be more about duplication and/or teleportation than about time travel. Overall, I like this sequel more, although sometimes it's difficult to follow the plot because of the duplication of the main characters during time travel for a split second.
Jb
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked Split Second but Time Frame was disappointing. Excessive 'duplication' (for those who have read this book), lessened the value of this book. However the duplicity and tyranny was well done. Perhaps Doug Richard should not have written this sequel since Split Second was a good book on its own.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Day Before (Time & Shadows Mystery #1)
  • The Dead World (The Dead Room Trilogy #2)
  • The Seeds of New Earth (The Silent Earth, #2)
  • Syncing Forward
  • The Tesla Gate (The Tesla Gate #1)
  • The Immortality Game
  • Quantum Void (Quantum, #2)
  • Rocky River Bridge (A Grower's War Prequel Story)
  • Tau Ceti
  • Last Betrayal (Wayward Pines; The Genesis Series #2)
  • Unexpected Rain
  • Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania, #1)
  • Critical Path (Critical, #2)
  • After Doomsday
  • I Am Crying All Inside and Other Stories: The Complete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak, Volume One
  • Prelude to Space
  • Terminal Event
  • Thunder Due East (Sand, #4)
Douglas E. Richards was born on May 7th, 1962. He grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio with his parents and his sister, Pam. He went to Finneytown High School, and then graduated with a degree in microbiology from Ohio State University, a master's degree in molecular biology from the University of Wisconsin, and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

Douglas now lives

Split Second (2 books)
  • Split Second (Split Second, #1)
“You’re traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.” —Rod Serling, opening narration, season two (and perhaps the better known version)” 0 likes
“chosen” 0 likes