Start by marking “The Militiaman of Garthset: A Legends of Tirmar Novella” as Want to Read:
The Militiaman of Garthset: A Legends of Tirmar Novella

The Militiaman of Garthset: A Legends of Tirmar Novella

(The Legends of Tirmar)

Randell has wanted to join the militia since Jarot's orcs took his family from him when he was just a child.

Now he finally has his chance to seek the retribution he's been looking for.

But when the militia responds to an orc attack on a neighboring town, he soon discovers real battles aren't like the songs and stories.

Vastly outnumbered by Jarot's forces, will Randell's fir
Published January 31st 2018 by FutureLine Press

To ask other readers questions about The Militiaman of Garthset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Militiaman of Garthset

Start your review of The Militiaman of Garthset: A Legends of Tirmar Novella
Dave Daniels
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy from the author. I had the option of reviewing or not."

It's graduation day and Randell is excited being a new Militiaman. A guardian for his shire. Ready and willing to stand against any attack by orcs.
It's been years since the last one and it is almost like being prepared for something that will never happen.
So naturally, the very next day...
Now comes the fear. It can be seen in the faces of the newly graduated, just as it is in the lined faces of the of those who fought
Gilbert Stack
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella is a little bit slow in getting stated but once it does it races forward at breakneck pace until the final pages. In concept, it is a rather simple coming of age tale in which a young man who lost his parents to orcs has to deal with the reality of fulfilling his dreams of vengeance. In practice it’s a lot more than that, reminding me of Stephen Crane’s Red Badge of Courage as our hero, Randell, is forced to take stock of himself and decide what his life is going to stand for. This ...more
Emma Coombes
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read the other books set in this world, but it didn’t stop me from enjoying this stand-alone novella. The author has created a believable world and strong characters. It’s pacy but has enough depth to get you hooked. Recommended.
Silver Surfer
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good fantasy novel. Military story about humans and orcs. I don’t usually read novellas but I’m glad I read this one. I real got into this and couldn’t put it down. Recommended read.
TE
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Militiaman of Garthset is set in the same world as The Andor. In this novella, Randell's preconceived notions and a desire for revenge come face to face with harsh reality. His enlightenment comes at a steep price -- and he might not be the only one to pay it. Lots of action and suspense. Good read.

For those who want to know: This one has violence.
M. G. Nellist
Jan 16, 2018
Diana
Apr 10, 2018
Charles Luckraft
rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2018
Mark Dame
Jan 15, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Jul 26, 2018
Kay
is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2019
Mark grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, but has lived all over the world, including a brief stint in Perth, Australia as a child.

Mark’s passion for writing began in junior high. Encouraged by his teachers, including now best-selling author Sharon Draper, his eighth grade English teacher, he wrote short stories, dystopian poetry, and even attempted a novel heavily inspired by The Hobbit.

After high school

The Legends of Tirmar (1 books)
  • The Andor: Book One of the Legends of Tirmar