Start by marking “The Camera Lies” as Want to Read:
The Camera Lies

The Camera Lies

Konrad Neale is a television presenter. His waning career has been given a new lease of life since he took on a series of hard-hitting documentaries that investigate miscarriages of justice.

Matthew Hawley has been convicted of the brutal murder of his wealthy attractive wife Helena. However, he has no memory of the events and insists he is not responsible for willingly
Paperback
Published February 3rd 2018 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about The Camera Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Camera Lies

Start your review of The Camera Lies
Michelle
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Konrad Neale is a television presenter with a new crime series documentary. The subject of this documentary is Matthew Hawley who was convicted of the heinous murder of his beautiful wife, Helena. The only problem is that Matthew has absolutely no recollection of the crime. Neale thinks with the right questions he may be able to solve this mysterious puzzle. What would drive a man to kill his wife so brutally and why can't he remember?

This book sounded so intriguing and, it is, for the most
Tan Markovic
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviews can be found at: www.booknerdtan.wordpress.com

Konrad Neale is a TV presenter who has just started filming a new crime series in which he looks into the murder of Helena Hawley. Konrad conducts a series of interviews with her husband, Matthew, her murderer. Matthew knows that he has killed his wife – but he doesn’t remember any of it. As Konrad explores in depth the relationship Matthew had with his late wife Helena, he ends up more implicated in the situation than he has ever
BIBLIOMANIAC MJ
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Wait...what?!? You're in prison for murdering your wife yet you don't have any memory of it! That would pique my interest for sure. And so I found myself in the same boat as Konrad , a TV presenter of hard-hitting documentaries, seeking to find out a whole lot more about the circumstances surrounding Matthew's murder conviction. Unfortunately for Konrad, he'll wish he hadn't, as he begins receiving disturbing threats to stop digging. Didn't anyone warn him about curiosity killing the cat?

The
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is the third book I have read by this author and I have to say it is sooooo different to her previous two. She has taken The Camera Lies to a WHOLE different level of darkness and I for one ab-so-lu-te-ly LOVED it!

The start of the story ensured that I was well and truly intrigued and had to keep turning those pages. I mean how can you murder someone and not know it? Like Konrad, I was desperate to know more and Konrad becomes that wrapped up with Matthew’s story that he delves into
♛ Garima ♛
Jan 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
Update: 19/01/2018

Finally got the correct arc:

Original update: 15/01/2018

Yesterday I was so excited to get arc of The Camera Lies by AB Morgan from netgalley but when I downloaded it, it turned out to be completely different book - In The Blood by Lesley Welsh. Has anybody else facing same issue? How do I let netgalley know about it? I send 'Feedback' to Publisher but is there anything else to try?
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
I liked how this story started off as more of an interview to get the story going and a documentary of the case… But then it completely had me hooked how everything intertwines! A good story, with a great plot and twist towards the end for readers. It kept me on my toes and I did not guess the plot at all!

This story ends with a round up of a court case making this a perfect crime, thriller and detective story for readers. I enjoyed reading this story and awarded a well deserved four stars. The
Mark Tilbury
Having enjoyed Morgan's previous two novels, I was really looking forward to reading this one. I knew from the early ARC reviews that it was going to be a different kind of read but I wasn't expecting what I found.

The plot is complex and twisty, always tricking and fooling you, and so much darker and edgier than the author's previous work. If you like your antagonists devious and manipulative, dangerous and deadly, then you've found your perfect match in this book.

I enjoyed the pace of the plot
Misfits farm
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book to keep your brain ticking over- a book to make you think. Two years ago Matthew murdered his wife. Not only murdered but eviscerated most of her organs. However he can’t remember a thing about it. Konrad is interviewing Matthew as there is more to him than just a psychopath.He is reinstating his TV career as a presenter of hard hitting documentaries. This is a powerfully written book from the start(there are only a few lines of he details of the murder). The book is about the interview ...more
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: January 26th 2018

"Whoever said 'the camera never lies' was wrong."

*** A copy of this bookwas kindly provided to me by Netgalley and Bloodhound Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Rajiv
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2018-books
A BIG Thank You to NetGalley and Bloodhound Books for providing me a copy of “The Camera Lies” by AB Morgan in exchange for my review. I found this book to be a mixed bag. There are some part of the books that are gripping, but other parts that could have been better.

Let’s start with the plot. The plot held my interest from the first page. I found Matthew’s story to be fascinating and couldn’t wait to dig into it! However, once immersed in the novel, the story shifted from Matthew and it became
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, loved-it
This is my second read by this author and I really enjoyed it. Again the author wrote a unique storyline which had me applauding her again.

Konrad Neale is a television presenter. The book starts with Konrad interviewing Matthew Hawley a convicted murderer. Matthew has no memory of murdering his wife but everything pointed towards him being guilty. We also get a good insight into Konrads personal life.

I found this to be a well written fast paced thriller. I’m looking forward to reading more
Donna Hines
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
A psychological thriller that will revolt you , disgust you, and have you wondering what next all in one same breath.
Plenty of love triangles, brothels, escorts, sexual fantasies and more circulate in this all in the family scenario of mental illness, anguish, pain, and tragedy.
Helena Hawley was killed allegedly by her husband Matthew who stands trial for murder.
Could Matthew truly kill his wife and if so why?
Enter two interviewers Annette and Konrad both with a keen eye for the lies and a
Craig Gillan
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, great variety of characters and a storyline that kept me guessing all the way through about who done it
Katherine Sunderland
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Well, let me tell you, this is not for the faint hearted! Or the squeamish. Or the prudish!

This is a gritty read; full of action, energy and unpleasant characters. It wasn't at all what I was expecting but I was quickly caught up in the plot which moved at a great pace, full of tension, complications and shocking revelations.

Morgan writes vividly and the action bounces off the pages. The reader is caught up in a complex tale with some graphic and erotic scenes which, although completely
Susan Corcoran
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Firstly I would like to thank the author AB Morgan, publisher Bloodhound Books and blog tour organiser for the ARC copy of The Camera Lies in return for an honest review.
Having been lucky to read and review the author’s second novel Divine Poison, I was delighted to be able to take part in the blog tour for this her third novel.
I really enjoyed Divine Poison which was a solid and tense psychological thriller and The Camera Lies is even better, showing AB Morgan is not resting on her laurels, but
J Hood
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was the first novel I have read by A.B. Morgan so I wasn't sure what to expect. I appreciate that while it started off slowly, it didn't take long for me to be intrigued.
The story revolves around Konrad Neale who is a GTV host for a true crime show. You find out that is investigating a peculiar crime involving Matthew, who murdered his wife Helena. After interviewing Matthew and watching it back with his co-worker and friend Annette (one of my favorite characters in the book) he feels like
emmabbooks
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great entertainment and riveting read

Konrad is investigating a 2 year old murder for his TV programme. He ignores anonymous warnings to stop his investigation and so finds himself personally threatened as he becomes more and more determined to find out what really happened.

An attention grabbing opening chapter as Konrad interviews the murderer who insists he has no memory of the event and would never have done such a thing. However the forensics and film footage of the crime seem to leave no
Susan Angela Wallace
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the camera lies by ab morgan.
Matthew Hawleyhas been convicted of the brutal murder of his wealthy attractive wife Helena. However, he has no memory of the events and insists he is not responsible for willingly killing her.
When Konrad interviews Matthew in prison, he explores the details of the murder and the
Jackie Roche
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Netgalley and the author for allowing me to read this which I voluntarily reviewed.

This is the first book I've read by this author but it certainly won't be the last.

The Camera Lies is a very different psychological thriller. It is almost as if there are 2 stories in one.
The story moves from past to present but it is very easy to follow.
Just when I was convinced of the innocence/guilt of one person, evidence is thrown in that suggests the opposite.

If you love psychological
Louise BookbestiesUK
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, thriller, arc, 2-stars
This book has such good promise- but I found myself skimming the story just to get to the end to get a final conclusion.

I really didn't like any of the characters- Konrad was an annoying main character- who cared more about his mistress than his own family.

There was far too much elaboration on details that didn't need to be elaborated on- and things that needed more depth were brushed under the carpet or rushed through.

Did we really need to be told time and time again what Annette was eating?
Shay
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was quick paced, kept me turning the pages & fully interested with great characters & shocking surprises.

I loved that the tv documentary Konrad was working on throughout the book kept the story going with essential information- not only for his show, but in the discovery of Tessa Carlton & how she fit into his personal life. Very well written, and a thrill to read!

I got to review this book thanks to NetGalley & Bloodhound Books for an honest & personal review!
Paula Stammers
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
This book had me hooked right from the start and doesn’t let up until the very last page.
I loved the way the start of the book is written, whereby we learn a lot from the interviews that take place between Konrad Neale and Matthew Hawley. This is where all the questions start to be asked and we later find out exactly what happened.
The plot has plenty of twists and turns and keeps you gripped throughout. It is full of lies, secrets and revenge and will keep you guessing and doubting everyone’s
Colette Lamberth
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness, I still can’t believe how much the author packed into this one. Yes it is, as promised in the blurb, about a tv personality and investigation of a possible miscarriage of justice but there’s way more to it than that. As I was reading I was thinking this would be a perfect book for a beach holiday as once you start reading you really don’t want everyday life getting in the way. There were quite a few surprises here and this is a thriller that stands out from the crowd.

My thanks to
Angela Newby
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how the story started of like a documentary to slowly draw you in and then all of a sudden the twist and turns started and kept you guessing to the end. I will definitely be reading more from this author. Thank you bloodhound books and netgalley for giving me the chance to read this book
Agnes
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I couldn't put this book down until I'd finished it.
However, I didn't like the motives behind the killing and its absurdness.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

f you think you know what’s going to happen in this book – think again!!

Yes, the start of this book is a little bit slow and took a while to get into, BUT those few chapters were vital in setting the scene for each individual character. It didn’t take long for the storyline to cement the fact that something had gone incredibly wrong. What that was, however, remained under lock and key for multiple chapters. Fingers were
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
[DISCLAIMER: e-ARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

Unfortunately I was really disappointed in this book.

I'm really interested in true crime so I thought a book that dealt with a true crime documentary show would be right up my alley but this just didn't hit the mark for me.

I actually thought this book was written by a man and was surprised when I realised the author was a woman as I found the female characters to be overly sexualised. I also
jay
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoever said “the camera never lies” was wrong.

A little slow in the beginning, but when it got going ... it got going. Just as creepy and twisted as I was hoping. A.B Morgan really did that.
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Konrad Neal presenter of true crime series, The Truth Behind The Lies, begins investigating the murder of Helena Chawston-Hawley by her husband Matthew. He has no memory of killing her and claims they were blissfully married and had no motive to kill her.

Konrad and his team begin digging around, uncovering evidence of Helena’s mysterious sister but soon he begins receiving messages threatening him and his family, somebody who doesn’t want the truth to come out.

This is the second book I’ve read
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

• Dying to see you
  • In Her Footsteps
  • Deception Wears Many Faces
  • Don't You Dare
  • Faceless (DI Rosalind Kray, #1)
  • Between the Lies
  • The Ruined Wife
  • When Evil Calls Your Name (Dr David Galbraith, #2)
  • In The Blood
  • Before I Met Him (DI Gravel, #2)
  • White is the Coldest Colour (Dr David Galbraith, #1)
  • One For Sorrow
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Best Friends Forever
Alison Morgan lives in Bedfordshire where she was born and brought up. She worked in the county for nearly thirty years for the NHS mostly at the front line of mental health services.

Alison retired earlier than anticipated because of an unexpected health challenge which redirected her to write in order to save her own sanity. Her crime thrillers pull on many years of experience within psychiatry.