Start by marking “The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)

The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet #1)

4.84  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Truth: From over a thousand miles away, I watched on the screen of my phone as two men murdered my wife. And I was helpless to save her.

Consumed by hate and rage, I spent four years running from my memories.

Until a shattered woman gave me a reason to stop.

Cora lived in a nightmare, but through sheer force of will, she’d turned it into something beautiful. She had a smile
Expected publication: August 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Lies

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm speechless!!! What a story, WOW!!! ❤❤❤

Full review to come later... 😊

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

THE TRUTH ABOUT LIES (The Truth Duet, #1) Releases August 23rd!

-------------

Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors and I'm sooooo excited to read this duet... :)

Cover Revealed:

BLURB:

Consumed by hate and rage, I spent
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

One in. One out.

This book! OH GOD! THIS. BOOK. I knew from the very first chapter, that this will be unlike any other book that I've read from this author. And having had read her entire backlist, that's saying something. The Truth About Lies is not a sweet story. It's not a light and sunny romance. It's spine-tingling good and oh so gritty. I had goosebumps from the first few pages, and that told me immediately that I was in for one emotional ride!
I was the sinner in this story. Wi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Brilliant Stars

This story this book omg this is everything, I loved it so much!I have no words I'm speechless, such a beautiful,emotional,heartwarming and intense story.I literary read it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down.It was captivating and the writing flawless.

description

I loved Cora and Penn, they have a heavy romance.I adored them and I have a smile in my face with these two.They make me aching,swooning,melting and in some parts I was emotional.Their story gave me hope.I fall in love with th
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Full RTC in the morning

Going into this I kind of sort of didn’t know what to expect, we’re given the fact that Penn loses his wife but other than that tiny tidbit we’re not given much else to go by, this was so unique, so different, so unpredictable, so unputdownable, this book takes you so by surprise, characters you can relate to, sad pasts like no others before them. Before you know it you’re hooked, before you know it you’ve read this in record time. And you’re left wanting, needing the
Stacey is Sassy
When Please becomes a dirty word…

***4.5 Stars***

I didn’t read the blurb. Well, I probably did when Aly Martinez did the cover reveal yonky donks ago, but I haven’t looked at it since. I went into The Truth About Lies not necessarily blind but without following my usual pre-read checklist. If I pre-prepared myself for an Aly Martinez then there would be a bloody good chance I’d never start it. Aly's stories are emotional, gritty and completely suck you in.

The Truth About Lies took me days to read
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!! A ONE SITTING READ! That just rocked my world!
Carlene Inspired
Aug 16, 2018 is currently reading it
YOU GUYSSSSSS I got an ARC *insert heart eye emoji*
Wil Loves Books!
“This is the truth, Cora. This. Right here. You and me. This moment. This feeling. This is the truth.”

What can I say, another fan-freaking-tastic romantic suspense by Aly Martinez!!! Here’s the deal, every time Aly announces these duets (or any of her books for that matter), I don’t even read the blurbs. I just know I’m in for whatever wild ride Aly wants to take me in. And she never disappoints, she delivers every freaking time! I don’t even know how to begin to explain this one. A man with
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Of all the thrilling, gut punching, hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck raising wild rides...

From the compelling, if a little horrifying prologue til the very last twist in the epilogue, this book kept my emotions cycling. My heart wrenched and fluttered. My pulse pounded. I sighed swoonily. I sat on the edge of my seat - confused and nervous. Literally no emotion was left untouched, and all of them feel a little wrung out and edgy after this unputdownable story.

This is a book littered with truth and
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

When you start a book and it's a page-turner from the first page, you know it's going to be a good read.

I just didn't know how good it would be and OMG was this a good read!! It took me two hours to read it and I can't wait for more!

At every page we get to unveil a new layer of this amazing story Aly Martinez built. I'm in awe of the story and of her writing. It's simply THAT good!!

Full review coming.

Shayna
Aug 14, 2018 is currently reading it
Shelves: arc-review
Flo Grugel
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was much more than I expected. So many twists and turns throughout Cora and Penn's story. It's a dark read that will have your heart hurting for them and her girls. Near the we get the bombshell which leads nicely to part two and I can't wait!
Grace
Aug 17, 2018 is currently reading it
*An ARC was received for an honest review.
MJ
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Truth: My heart is all over the place. And as I now have to pick my jaw up from the floor yet again, I can't help but think that Aly Martinez is in fact an evil genius. The Truth About Lies is simply incredible. There are a ton of clues as to the mystery surrounding one Penn Walker and his brother Drew. And why they are now a part of Cora Guerreros's life. The woman is a giver and to watch as she tries to balance her unsteady life as "den mother" to a building full of working girls all the while ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I love this author, so honestly, I would have read this book regardless of what the story turned out to be. By about 20% in to this one, I thought.....ehhh...I know how this is going to go....I'll just finish it out to say that I have read it. Not my favorite, but whatever. Still love the author. By 50% in I was so incredible wrong about my guess, it was embarrassing but also so exciting. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I have never been so happy to be wrong in my life!

Lots of characters
Timitra
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

I was a bit apprehensive when I started reading The Truth About Lies but man, oh man it was amazing. It was a wild ride for sure, one that consumed me and held me in its thrall for the hours that it took me to devour it. I'm still under its thrall right now and probably will be for a while because of that ending, oh that ending. I need to know what happens next but even more that that I need the answers to my questions.

It will come as no surprise that I inhaled this book in one s
Melissa B
When you start a book and the Prologue has you in tears and by the end of the chapter your heart hurts and you are so afraid to continue..... you know, you just know, it will be that one book that you'll be thinking about LONG after you've read it. "The Truth About Lies" is THAT book! The twists and turns will CONSUME you, the chemistry will SEDUCE you and the ending will leave you BREATHLESS! This book is EVERYTHING, EVERY-FUCK-ING-THING that I HIGHLY recommend!!!!
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Fuuuucckkkkk!!! Aly Martinez SLAYED with this book! The writing is flawless. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! The mystery and suspense, the twists and turns... Gahhh!!!! Penn is the perfect broken hero. I just want to wrap him up and keep him! Cora is perfect for him. She is such a strong heroine. I love everything about this book. Highly, highly recommend! I’m dying for the next book!
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭

description

"You know. Just to be clear. I live in hell, Penn. I’m not scared of the flames."

Blog review

OMG, if Aly Martinez would be nice enough to handle me the next book right now so I could understand what the hell happened to me now, I would die a happy woman.

Holy baby Batman! This book is EVERYTHING!! Like seriously, it’s nothing like I’ve read before! And with the amount of books I’ve read in my life, it’s something big to say. But it’s true. It’s the truth that’s not a lie. I’m utterly, completely s
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

I just finished The Truth About Lies...OMG this book left my emotions in tatters! I freaking UGLY CRIED with this book...and the ending.......GAH! I am now shaking with the need to read The Truth About Us.

This book...my god, this book was SPELLBINDING!! Dark, emotional, lots of crackling sexual tension, plenty of jaw-dropping twists and a story unlike ANYTHING I have read in my LIFE, I am not sure if I want to rail at the author or praise her. I am 100% INVESTE
Nanci Tink
10+ Stars!!!!!

This book was absolutely incredible! It is no secret I am a huge fan of Aly Martinez for years however, with every new release I swear it can’t get any better. THIS BOOK BLEW MY MIND!!!!!

Usually I am pretty good at predicting the direction a book is about to take however this kept me constantly on edge with no clue what was about to transpire. I love a book that could keep me on the edge of my seat and this was absolutely one of those books!!

I fell fast and hard for many of these
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
I've read other books by this author and when this duet came up for review, I jumped at the chance to read it.
Aly Martinez book ✔
Romantic suspense ✔
Captivating blurb ✔
Beautiful cover ✔

This book pulled me in from page 1, like seriously. My heart was pounding so much reading the prologue. I knew what was going to happen from the blurb but it still hurt to read.
Penn is a fantastic male character. He has this mystery about him and we see him slowly reveal himself and some of his secrets.
Cora is p
Gonewiththeromance
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly believe Aly Martinez has mastered the perfect ability to write super damaged but at the same time strongest heroes and heroines ever. If you read her books before you probably share my opinion. And this book is not an exception. I loved it to pieces and beyond that. Frankly speaking, The Truth about Lies is my new favorite of hers.

The blurb pretty much reveals all the crucial details you need to know about the main characters.But what it does not reveal that there is nothing ordinary
Zilpha Owens
5 One in One out Stars

Aly Martinez knows how to do the romantic suspense like no other. Her stories take you on a path of discovery. Right away you’re in deep. Swept up and pulled under, its a fast-paced, intricate, twisty, romantic page-turner. For Penn Walker and Cora Guerrero life has been hard and unforgiving. They live it every day. The strength they both possess is clear yet the vulnerability and pain is palpable. Their attraction is undeniable. Penn doesn’t want to feel it or admit to it
Paula D
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all the cover is gorgeous and fits the character Penn one hundred percent. I am blown away! Just the prologue I knew I was gonna love this book. Penn is a mess full of emotions trying to live daily and trying not to always remember a day that changed his life forever. Cora beautiful, very unselfish that you wanna pull your hair out at times. Cora’s life is hell daily until she sees hope. The emotions I felt reading this book are so raw and breathless. The author keeps you on the edge th ...more
Diane Yoskowitz
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!!
An amazing unexpected Story! Not what I anticipated and never once did the story go in the direction I assumed. So engrossing so full of twists and so unbelievably good!
Cora's story can be distressing but her strength throughout everything is astounding. Penn became sort of a martyr after his life took a cruel turn, but he is one hero Cora definitely needs on her side.
The Truth about Lies is filled with lots of suspense surrounding Penn and Cora and so many "WHOA WHAT BUT HOW" moments
Robin Powers
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So freaking addictive and classic Aly Martinez that I can’t even begin to process this ending. Tears and an over abundance of emotions are overwhelming me and my review will just have to wait until I’ve got myself back under control. All I can say is this story was outstanding.
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

Full review to come.
Stephanie
One in. One out.

I don’t even know where to start with this book!!! The prologue just about slayed me! This is not your sweet, hearts and flowers love story. The depth of emotion is endless. Fear, stress, anger, love to name a few. Broken, brave women. Choices and consequences…..The ride is bumpy with lots of sharp turns. There are many layers to this story. An absolute page turner!

There was place for everything. Anger. Sadness. Resentment. Guilt. Remorse.

Cora Guerreros is living life the best wa
Vickie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an unexpected surprise. I wasn’t expecting the storyline to be like it was, the twists and turns or the gritty, rawness of Cora and Penns story, and I have to say I absolutely loved every single word.

Penn really is a tortured soul. Constantly reliving the moment he lost everything has left him a shell of the man he used to be. There’s something about his grief that makes him more relatable and this author has gotten his emotions across perfectly. The feeling of complete devastatio
« previous 1 3 next »
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

More about Aly Martinez

The Truth Duet (2 books)
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)