Start by marking “Gentleman Nine” as Want to Read:
Gentleman Nine

Gentleman Nine

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10,413 ratings  ·  1,170 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new, sexy standalone novel.

Growing up, the three of us were friends.
He was the nerd.
I was the playboy.
She was the beauty.

Deep down, I only ever wanted her. I kept it inside because Rory and I made a pact that our friend, Amber, was off-limits.

He lied.

I went off to college, and he got the girl.
Amber never knew
Published February 19th 2018 (first published February 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Gentleman Nine, please sign up.
Penelope Ward I do send out a very limited number of arcs through InkSlinger PR that are invite only. :) I also do reader arc giveaways in some groups.
Penelope Ward My arcs are generally invite only through InkSlinger PR and they are very limited. I do run some reader arc giveaways though :-) Thank you for your…moreMy arcs are generally invite only through InkSlinger PR and they are very limited. I do run some reader arc giveaways though :-) Thank you for your excitement over the book! (less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·
 ·  10,413 ratings  ·  1,170 reviews

Start your review of Gentleman Nine
Vi Keeland
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I might've already read it.
I might already love it.
I might think it's one of Penelope's sexiest couples yet.
But I don't want to make you jealous, so I won't confirm any of this.
Dilek VT

I started kissing
Nope, sorry licking
No no no, not that!

This guy on the cover confuses me...

Huh, OK, I remember what I need to say...
I started reading this book because of its gorgeous cover and the interesting title of it.

Good choice of a cover model and good choice of a title. Both attract readers. Successful choices!

Did the book live up to the expectations the cover and the title created?

Well it was something between 3,5 - 4 stars for me. It had parts that I loved and it had parts that I
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3 Lacking Stars

Gentleman Nine was a well written book, it had good characters that could have led to a fantastic story. Unfortunately for me it was lacking in substance and had me fairly board and disappointed as I could see the potential.

photo soso_zpsw3ildasw.gif
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

#TEAM CHANNING

This review is going to be all over the place because I want to make it as spoiler free as I can so it pretty much won't make a hell of a lot of sense. But here goes. Here's the gist of the story.

GENTLEMAN NINE: A standalone, full length New Adult novel by Penelope Ward. In this we meet Twenty-five year old Amber & Twenty seven year old Channing Lord

Three best friends known as the three
Bibi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Half a star and mainly because of the cover model. He's just so pretty. Sigh.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

When I first met him, hed been my best friends big brother. Off-limits. Then, our relationship evolved into a friendship I valued. Off-limits. Crossing the line with Channing wasnt a possibility, especially after I fell in love with his best friend, Rory, which made Channing once againoff-limits.

There were so many tropes in this one it nearly made my head spin. In love with the best friends older brother, friends-to-lovers and then forbidden
BleuBelle
Penelope Ward
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gentleman Nine is live early and on limited-time release sale for $3.99. (Changing soon to $4.99. This will be the ONLY sale.) A fun, sexy, STANDALONE friends-to-lovers romance!
Amazon ➜http://amzn.to/2ELlxJl
iBooks➜ http://bit.ly/2D7K7Qi
Nook➜ http://bit.ly/2EPuDCn
Kobo➜ http://bit.ly/2nMeoP3
AUDIO Preorder Amazon➜ http://amzn.to/2nHRlVQ
Audible: http://adbl.co/2ELEgBQ
Amazon Paperback ➜ http://amzn.to/2FIxwoH
London
It was no exaggeration to say Id probably hooked up with all of Ambers friends. So, yeah, I was really good at throwing her off. Im certain she never suspected that I liked her as more than a friend

Are you kidding me? If the hero was so in love with her, why the fuck would he sleep with all her friends? What kind of garbage is that? Ugh disgusting. Id never want to touch a pig that had sex with all my friends even though he claims he really loved me. What was this author thinking?

To make
Sophia Triad
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I may not have been your first love, but youre mine.

Another wonderful story by Penelope Ward which I truly enjoyed.
It is a friends-to-lovers stories, but it is also a very complicated story with many layers.
I have to say here that the storyline with 'gentleman nine' is the least important storyline of the book.

So, this is the story of Amber and Channing Lord and it has been full of ups and downs:

1. Channing was Amber's best friend's brother. When his sister died, Amber and Channing became
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I love Penelope Ward, adore her books, love her writing, always counting down until the next book. First and foremost, I absolutely love this cover, drool worthy indeed. And in all honesty i think it fit Channing perfectly

The story...... I liked reading about Channing and I liked getting to know Amber. I think they are both strong individuals that just need time to find their true souls match. So did I enjoy this story, not so much. Why? Well without giving anything away, it didn't have
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, sexy read. I like the friend-to-more type stories usually, and this worked well for me. I think it had the right amount of angst and steam to even itself out. I'm not quite sure what it is, but something is holding me back from saying I loved it. Maybe I just wanted some more time with them bonding or some more flashbacks about their relationship when they were younger. I know some readers aren't fans of the flashback, but I do think it could've
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Amber Walton was mending a broken heart. After her long term relationship ended, she was left feeling empty. And when someone from her past came back, it made everything even more complicated.

Channing Lord moved into the city for work, but that wasn't all the reasons. As friends growing up, he wanted Amber since then but she wasn't available. Now that he had the opportunity, he had to decide if it's the right thing to do.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Amber Walton is a 25 yr. old woman living in Boston. She has a great job, friends, but recently had her heart broken by the man she thought shed spend forever with. Shes in the process of trying to put her life back together when she gets a call from an old friend wanting to rent her spare room while hes in Boston for a temporary contract position. Channing Lord was her best friends older brother. She always had a massive crush on him. He was gorgeous but she
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Love & hiccups' Stars!

I believe I just finished one of my favorite books written by Penelope Ward, guys. I have enjoyed her stories in the past but I feel like Gentleman Nine was even more enjoyable than others. I love the emotion Penelope puts in her stories as well as the chemistry between the couple and the twists that are not expected. She did not disappoint me at all with this fantastic novel!

Gentleman Nine is Penelopes newest standalone novel and its a wonderful friends to lovers
CC

Amber Walton is a kindhearted person who works with special needs adults. After breaking up with her boyfriend of nine years, she is heartbroken and trying to pick up the pieces. When Channing, one of her oldest friends, becomes her temporary roommate, Amber starts to process her feelings and see her life in a new perspective.

You have to focus on the solution, or rather, focus on what you truly want.

Channing Lord is on a contract job assignment in Boston and reunites with a childhood friend,
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Amber and Channing were best friends as teenagers. They bonded after Amber's best friend - Channing's sister - died. And always with them was Rory. Both Rory and Channing were interested in Amber, but they made a pact to not go there. Ever. But when Channing came back from college his best friends were suddenly a couple.

Now, nine years later, Rory left Amber to sow some wild oats.
And poor Amber is heartbroken.

Enter Channing - he moves into her guestroom, because work takes him to Boston for a
Dana Ilie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gentleman Nine was another book by this author who has the ability to completely enthrall me and touch at my heartstrings. Her stories always follow the same pattern: I feel as if the first part of the book is entirely foreplay leading up to the big event, it then rips out my heart, puts it back together again, and wraps it up in a nice little bow so that Im not wondering what happens to these people where I have become invested in their outcome. ...more
Kristen
4 Stars

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I liked the characters, the love story and even the plot. The slight love triangle, which didnt really feel like a love triangle to me, was handled realistically and not drawn out. Overall, Gentleman Nine, ended up being a fun, sexy, and moderately angsty afternoon read. I enjoyed it.
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author and this is another solid read. As a fan, I've read the blurb and was hooked because it felt like a fun read, but like her previous books, the story has a twist and you are still guessing with a couple of chapters to go. Loved this and can't wait for more.
Paige
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Choices Stars

One of the best parts of a Ms. Ward novel is that at some point Im always surprised. I love that. And Gentleman Nine gave me my surprise. It made my heart race in exactly the right way. This book was also so sweet, it made me laugh, and gave me all the feels.

Gentleman Nine is a friends to lovers romance between Channing and Amber. Amber is going through a breakup of her years long relationship and Channing is in town for a few months for work and needs a place to stay. As these
Penny
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

I am becoming addicted to this writer. I really enjoy her romances. She is very good at writing intimacy between the characters, which is much appreciated. Normally, emotional depth and intimacy is what I miss more in most romances, but so far, Penelope Ward has consistently provided both. Ill definitely keep reading her.

I love to find angst in romances books, it seems like a really important element for me to get invested in the story. This books has some, not too much
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This was an angst filled story that I inhaled. One moment I was swooning and the next I was sad and at the end it felt bittersweet.

Amber, Rory and Channing have been friends since they were in elementary school, they do everythng together. In their early teens one of the boys realises he is feeling something more for Amber, he tells his friend and they make a pact to never cross that line with Amber. She will remain firmly in the friend zone.

Therefore, when one of the guys returns home from his
Lo Bookfrantic
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-br

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV:  First Person Dual

teaser 1-16-18_Fotor Penelope Ward.jpg

Amber Walton thought she found the love of her life but after nine years of dating he broke it all off to date other people and she felt completely lost.  An old friend came right after and it confused her even more but for other reasons.

"If we're meant to be, we'll find our way back to one another."

Channing Lord at twenty-eight years of age hadn't settled down yet. He kept himself busy with work and
Rejane
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
1star because of heroine and liar ex boyfriend/ also (asshole)friend of hero. They ruined the book.
B O R I N G. Not angst-y at all. Just plain boring. And unfair LOL. I have to agree with my friend who told me to read and take my own conclusion. And forget every review I read about it.
The first 10 chapters were a struggle to concentrate. The rest wasnt better. Useless dialogues and info nobody cares.
Honestly, and with all due respect to reviews I read,
★★★½
Gentleman Nine is a standalone contemporary romance novel written by Penelope Ward. It's a familiar no-strings-attached storyline with a couple of unique twists. The origin of the title is one of Ward's original contributions (but I won't spoil that bit for you), and the addition of a fairly short-lived love triangle was another element I thankfully haven't seen added to other similar storylines. I applaud Ward on her incorporation of characters with various disabilities and the nod to the
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

Are we playing strip poker and I didnt realize it?

Channing and Amber have known each other a long time and it started when she became best friends with his sister, Lainey. Something dramatic happened and it brought Channing and Amber even closer but then Channing's best friend, Rory got in the way.

Rory and Channing realized they both wanted Amber so they made a pact to keep hands off. Unfortunately, when Channing moved away for college, Rory made his move.

Fast forward nine years and Rory
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book but maybe not quite as much as I had hoped that I would. I am not going to lie - the cover of this book is what got my attention. I would bet that cover model has grabbed the attention of more than a few individuals over the years so I feel no shame. I had not tried Penelope Ward's writing before but I do love the narrating pair of Andi Arndt and Sebastian York so when I saw this book on sale, I grabbed it. I found
Ramona
Penelope Ward is one of my favorite authors. Period!!!!! She writes so beautifully and its impossible not to fell in love with her. This is exactly what happened to me and from the first book, I became a huge fan. Each story is unique, with different plots and characters, and this diversity is what made me admire her so much, because nothing is the same when Penelope writes a book.

Gentleman Nine is her latest book and I consider it one of her best work, because it has something special that
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 14, 2018 marked it as never-gonna-read
Ohh look....a manwhore.....anyone wanna guess at the twist?

🤦♀

• Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Sex, Not Love
  • The Naked Truth
  • Inappropriate
  • One Last Time (Second Time Around, #2)
  • We Shouldn't
  • Hate Notes
  • All Grown Up
  • xo, Zach
  • Dirty Letters
  • Bro Code
  • Combust (Everyday Heroes, #2)
  • Baby Daddy
  • Midnight Blue
  • Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1)
  • Only You (One and Only, # 1)
  • Ruin (Gods, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a