Start by marking “Gentleman Nine” as Want to Read:
Gentleman Nine

Gentleman Nine

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  7,677 Ratings  ·  998 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new, sexy standalone novel.

Growing up, the three of us were friends.
He was the nerd.
I was the playboy.
She was the beauty.

Deep down, I only ever wanted her. I kept it inside because Rory and I made a pact that our friend, Amber, was off-limits.

He lied.

I went off to college, and he got the girl.
Amber never knew ho
Published February 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Gentleman Nine, please sign up.
Penelope Ward I do send out a very limited number of arcs through InkSlinger PR that are invite only. :) I also do reader arc giveaways in some groups.
Penelope Ward My arcs are generally invite only through InkSlinger PR and they are very limited. I do run some reader arc giveaways though :-) Thank you for your…moreMy arcs are generally invite only through InkSlinger PR and they are very limited. I do run some reader arc giveaways though :-) Thank you for your excitement over the book! (less)

Vi Keeland
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I might've already read it.
I might already love it.
I might think it's one of Penelope's sexiest couples yet.
But I don't want to make you jealous, so I won't confirm any of this.
Dilek VT

I started kissing
Nope, sorry licking
No no no, not that!

This guy on the cover confuses me...

Huh, OK, I remember what I need to say...
I started reading this book because of its gorgeous cover and the interesting title of it.

Good choice of a cover model and good choice of a title. Both attract readers. Successful choices!

Did the book live up to the expectations the cover and the title created?

Well it was something between 3,5 - 4 stars for me. It had parts that I loved and it had parts that I want
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3 Lacking Stars

Gentleman Nine was a well written book, it had good characters that could have led to a fantastic story. Unfortunately for me it was lacking in substance and had me fairly board and disappointed as I could see the potential.

photo soso_zpsw3ildasw.gif
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

#TEAM CHANNING

This review is going to be all over the place because I want to make it as spoiler free as I can so it pretty much won't make a hell of a lot of sense. But here goes. Here's the gist of the story.

GENTLEMAN NINE: A standalone, full length New Adult novel by Penelope Ward. In this we meet Twenty-five year old Amber & Twenty seven year old Channing Lord

Three best friends known as the three Musketeers,
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

When I first met him, he’d been my best friend’s big brother. Off-limits. Then, our relationship evolved into a friendship I valued. Off-limits. Crossing the line with Channing wasn’t a possibility, especially after I fell in love with his best friend, Rory, which made Channing once again…off-limits.

There were so many tropes in this one it nearly made my head spin. ”In love with the best friend’s older brother”, “friends-to-lovers” and then
Bibi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Half a star and mainly because of the cover model. He's just so pretty. Sigh.
BleuBelle
Penelope Ward
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gentleman Nine is live early and on limited-time release sale for $3.99. (Changing soon to $4.99. This will be the ONLY sale.) A fun, sexy, STANDALONE friends-to-lovers romance!
Amazon ➜http://amzn.to/2ELlxJl
Audible: http://adbl.co/2ELEgBQ
Amazon Paperback ➜ http://amzn.to/2FIxwoH
Sophia Triad
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
“I may not have been your first love, but you’re mine.”

Another wonderful story by Penelope Ward which I truly enjoyed.
It is a friends-to-lovers stories, but it is also a very complicated story with many layers.
I have to say here that the storyline with 'gentleman nine' is the least important storyline of the book.

So, this is the story of Amber and Channing Lord and it has been full of ups and downs:

1. Channing was Amber's best friend's brother. When his sister died, Amber and Channing became
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I love Penelope Ward, adore her books, love her writing, always counting down until the next book. First and foremost, I absolutely love this cover, drool worthy indeed. And in all honesty i think it fit Channing perfectly

The story...... I liked reading about Channing and I liked getting to know Amber. I think they are both strong individuals that just need time to find their true souls match. So did I enjoy this story, not so much. Why? Well without giving anything away, it didn't have everythi
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, sexy read. I like the friend-to-more type stories usually, and this worked well for me. I think it had the right amount of angst and steam to even itself out. I'm not quite sure what it is, but something is holding me back from saying I loved it. Maybe I just wanted some more time with them bonding or some more flashbacks about their relationship when they were younger. I know some readers aren't fans of the flashback, but I do think it could've contrib
London
“It was no exaggeration to say I’d probably hooked up with all of Amber’s friends. So, yeah, I was really good at throwing her off. I’m certain she never suspected that I liked her as more than a friend”

Are you kidding me? If the hero was so in love with her, why the fuck would he sleep with all her friends? What kind of garbage is that? Ugh disgusting. I’d never want to touch a pig that had sex with all my friends even though he claims he really loved me. What was this author thinking?

To mak
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Amber Walton was mending a broken heart. After her long term relationship ended, she was left feeling empty. And when someone from her past came back, it made everything even more complicated.

Channing Lord moved into the city for work, but that wasn't all the reasons. As friends growing up, he wanted Amber since then but she wasn't available. Now that he had the opportunity, he had to decide if it's the right thing to do.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Amber Walton is a 25 yr. old woman living in Boston. She has a great job, friends, but recently had her heart broken by the man she thought she’d spend forever with. She’s in the process of trying to put her life back together when she gets a call from an old friend wanting to rent her spare room while he’s in Boston for a temporary contract position. Channing Lord was her best friends older brother. She always had a massive crush on him. He was gorgeous but she
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Love & hiccups' Stars!

I believe I just finished one of my favorite books written by Penelope Ward, guys. I have enjoyed her stories in the past but I feel like Gentleman Nine was even more enjoyable than others. I love the emotion Penelope puts in her stories as well as the chemistry between the couple and the twists that are not expected. She did not disappoint me at all with this fantastic novel!

Gentleman Nine is Penelope’s newest standalone novel and it’s a wonderful friends to lover
CC

Amber Walton is a kindhearted person who works with special needs adults. After breaking up with her boyfriend of nine years, she is heartbroken and trying to pick up the pieces. When Channing, one of her oldest friends, becomes her temporary roommate, Amber starts to process her feelings and see her life in a new perspective.

“You have to focus on the solution, or rather, focus on what you truly want.”

Channing Lord is on a contract job assignment in Boston and reunites with a childhood friend
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Amber and Channing were best friends as teenagers. They bonded after Amber's best friend - Channing's sister - died. And always with them was Rory. Both Rory and Channing were interested in Amber, but they made a pact to not go there. Ever. But when Channing came back from college his best friends were suddenly a couple.

Now, nine years later, Rory left Amber to sow some wild oats.
And poor Amber is heartbroken.

Enter Channing - he moves into her guestroom, because work takes him to Boston for a fe
Dana Ilie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gentleman Nine was another book by this author who has the ability to completely enthrall me and touch at my heartstrings. Her stories always follow the same pattern: I feel as if the first part of the book is entirely foreplay leading up to the big event, it then rips out my heart, puts it back together again, and wraps it up in a nice little bow so that I’m not wondering what happens to these people where I have become invested in their outcome.
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author and this is another solid read. As a fan, I've read the blurb and was hooked because it felt like a fun read, but like her previous books, the story has a twist and you are still guessing with a couple of chapters to go. Loved this and can't wait for more.
Paige
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 “Choices” Stars

One of the best parts of a Ms. Ward novel is that at some point I’m always surprised. I love that. And Gentleman Nine gave me my surprise. It made my heart race in exactly the right way. This book was also so sweet, it made me laugh, and gave me all the feels.

Gentleman Nine is a friends to lovers romance between Channing and Amber. Amber is going through a breakup of her years long relationship and Channing is in town for a few months for work and needs a place to stay. As thes
Penny
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

I am becoming addicted to this writer. I really enjoy her romances. She is very good at writing intimacy between the characters, which is much appreciated. Normally, emotional depth and intimacy is what I miss more in most romances, but so far, Penelope Ward has consistently provided both. Ill definitely keep reading her.

I love to find angst in romances books, it seems like a really important element for me to get invested in the story. This books has some, not too much b
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This was an angst filled story that I inhaled. One moment I was swooning and the next I was sad and at the end it felt bittersweet.

Amber, Rory and Channing have been friends since they were in elementary school, they do everythng together. In their early teens one of the boys realises he is feeling something more for Amber, he tells his friend and they make a pact to never cross that line with Amber. She will remain firmly in the friend zone.

Therefore, when one of the guys returns home from his
Lo Bookfrantic
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-br

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV:  First Person – Dual

teaser 1-16-18_Fotor Penelope Ward.jpg

Amber Walton thought she found the love of her life but after nine years of dating he broke it all off to date other people and she felt completely lost.  An old friend came right after and it confused her even more but for other reasons.

"If we're meant to be, we'll find our way back to one another."

Channing Lord at twenty-eight years of age hadn't settled down yet. He kept himself busy with work and wh
★★★
Gentleman Nine is a standalone contemporary romance novel written by Penelope Ward. It's a familiar no-strings-attached storyline with a couple of unique twists. The origin of the title is one of Ward's original contributions (but I won't spoil that bit for you), and the addition of a fairly short-lived love triangle was another element I thankfully haven't seen added to other similar storylines. I applaud Ward on her incorporation of characters with various disabilities and the nod to the ca
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“Are we playing strip poker and I didn’t realize it?”

Channing and Amber have known each other a long time and it started when she became best friends with his sister, Lainey. Something dramatic happened and it brought Channing and Amber even closer but then Channing's best friend, Rory got in the way.

Rory and Channing realized they both wanted Amber so they made a pact to keep hands off. Unfortunately, when Channing moved away for college, Rory made his move.

Fast forward nine years and R
Ramona
Penelope Ward is one of my favorite authors. Period!!!!! She writes so beautifully and it’s impossible not to fell in love with her. This is exactly what happened to me and from the first book, I became a huge fan. Each story is unique, with different plots and characters, and this diversity is what made me admire her so much, because nothing is the same when Penelope writes a book.

“Gentleman Nine” is her latest book and I consider it one of her best work, because it has something special that m
Kristen
4 Stars

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I liked the characters, the love story and even the plot. The slight love triangle, which didn’t really feel like a love triangle to me, was handled realistically and not drawn out. Overall, Gentleman Nine, ended up being a fun, sexy, and moderately angsty afternoon read. I enjoyed it.
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 14, 2018 marked it as never-gonna-read
Ohh look....a manwhore.....anyone wanna guess at the “twist”?

🤦♀
Stacey is Sassy
No rating as I did not finish.

I have enjoyed other stories by Penelope Ward but this one didn't work for me. I'm sure this hero could/would come good by the end but I'm not in the mood to wait this one out.

This guy is a little too handsome, egotistical and self-serving for my liking. I would definitely struggle to love him by the end.

Even if he pulled out the big guns and used all the beautiful words, I think I would still have issues. I'm not a big fan of seeing (reading/listening) him contem
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

****Review to follow shortly****
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beau

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
“I may not have been your first love, but you’re mine.” 6 likes
“No, but if you never venture out of your bubble of safety, you’ll never realize it’s not the color of the grass that matters but how fucking good it tastes to smoke it.” 6 likes