Start by marking “Watcher (Watcher #1)” as Want to Read:
Watcher (Watcher #1)

Watcher

(Watcher #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for B06VWMCBWT

What if you had to choose, who would live and who would die?
Sawyer Russo has sworn to protect humanity, and as a Watcher she’s done just that. But the Bots and Carbons that took her city are evolving, and they are picking the Watchers off one by one. One last rescue mission will change everything. But when someone betrays t
Published January 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Watcher, please sign up.
A.J. Eversley There were, unfortunately, many edits missed in the first edition (which I am guessing is the copy you received) and has since been fixed. I'd be…moreThere were, unfortunately, many edits missed in the first edition (which I am guessing is the copy you received) and has since been fixed. I'd be happy to send you an updated copy if you'd like!
(the things you learn as a new author...check and re-check before publishing...) (less)

Siobhan
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Watcher is the first book in A.J. Eversley’s Watcher series, and I’m interested in seeing what book two brings. Although this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating, it was so close I had to round up. It’s one of those books that slowly works into you, slowly leaves you wanting more, until you’re sucked in so deep and cannot wait to see how everything comes together.

I’ll be completely honest and say it takes a few chapters before you’re completely sucked into this one. Things start off with action
LAWonder10
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watcher is a part of a new, exciting,  YA dystopian series! This will keep the reader captivated throughout the entire book! It has non-stop adventure and action, with a slight touch of romance. If a reader enjoyed the Divergence series, then he/she will love this!
How many times can one face death without succumbing to it? Can good survive evil? Is there a traitor among the humans?
The "Watchers" are the few dedicated and trained ones who keep the remaining humans safe after the nuclear World War
Cheryl
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read a lot of dystopian young adult books. What is most important about these types of books is the world that the story is built around and the characters. Check and check to both elements as this book had it and more. Sawyer is a strong female lead. You can't go wrong with strong female leads. Yet, she would not be where she is if it was not for the rest of the team: Adam, Kyle, Smith, and Sam to name a few. Each one was not only just as equally strong but they all had different qualiti ...more
Floryie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
When I started reading the book, I was a bit wary. The reason was that this was a first time author and in general, dytopian category seemed to go a bit slow. Or rather the ones I had read in the past. But this one was a fast from the start. The only thing which had me feeling uneasy was the length of the book. It felt it was a bit long from an overview. But as soon as I started off, I didn't feel fatigued at all. It was speedy and full of action.

Books are either based on the world created withi
Emily G
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
Watcher was a very compelling read. With an enigmatic protagonist and a mysterious stranger what’s not to love. I was immediately hooked on the first chapter because it had a clear introduction to the problem; bots and cyborgs!
I got this ebook with a book crate (Fae Crate’s July box) and I’m very pleased
It reminds me of a Shatter Me meets Cinder in all the best ways from a strong and powerful female protagonist and well.. robots! I love Well-done sci-fi stories and this one certainly exceed my
Rendz
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay so that's how we wanna play. I see. RTC!
Erin
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very fast paced from the start, scary because it could potentially happen, apocalyptic/ SciFi story. This is definitely not a touchy-feely story at any point. It’s a brutal life, just about every character has already lost everyone they love, and they live a life knowing they could lose a friend at any minute too.

This story has the extra creepy factor of how very near to our current date this timeline is, and how very possible it is that the world could turn completely upside down in
Brian's Book Blog
YA Dystopian Done Right

4.5 out of 5 stars

I'm not always a fan of when an author includes an "it's like this thing you like meets this thing you like".  It always feels like they are trying to link themselves to something more famous even if their books have nothing to do with it (or very little).  Fortunately, for Watcher - Eversley was dead on.  It was really like Divergent meets Terminator.  It had the dystopian groups (the Watchers reminded me a lot of Dauntless).  And then there were humanoi
Blood Rose Books
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
In the first in a series and debut novel by A.J. Eversley, she takes the reader to dystopia Earth, where machines that look like human rule and the humans that are left are slowly losing the battle save humanity:

Sawyer is the younger Watcher in her resistance that is sworn to protect humanity. It is her job to watch over the city and protect the few humans that are left. The Bots and Carbons that come out each day to try and find the last humans so they can be taken away to who knows wh
Lauren Jones
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your streets and the buildings around you were all empty, how would you react? It would be quite lonely, one would imagine–if you were one of the only humans left, fighting against robots fro the survival of the human species? That is a lot of pressure for one person to have. Eversley has a gripping science fiction novel that will pull readers in quickly and keep them hanging on every detail.

Sawyer is a watcher. That means that she is one of the last humans who can fight against the Bots and
Jessica Bronder
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After World War III, the few surviving humans live in a couple bases. The world as we know it is gone and most humans have been destroyed by the Bots and Carbons. Sawyer is part of a small group that has been trained to kill the Bots and Carbons. She lives in a secret location with a couple other Watchers. But the Bots and Carbons have evolved and are on the hunt for the watchers. When the secret location is attacked it is clear that there must be a traitor in their midst. But who could it be an ...more
Nick
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this free review copy audio book at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

The Book

This dives straight into some good action with some nice descriptions and introduces us to the main character. It takes a little bit to get used to the world and whats going on but once you do its a good story and the characters are written well. There's obvious parallels to some other sci-fi properties such as Terminator but these are purely on the surface and the world we see here and its d
Andrea Stoeckel
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Stars are the key. They will keep you safe.”

Sawyer Russo, one of the youngest Watchers feels she has to prove she can protect humanity. The question is, can she protect herself? Orphaned at an early age in a post World War III world, she and the other Watchers keep the humans safe from the Bots and the Carbons. It used to be easy to find and stop a Carbon, but they are evolving and adapting and it’s getting dangerous to assume anything.

And then, the Watchers are infiltrated by someone. Frie
Angela Thompson
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watcher was Impossible to Put Down. I typically read while waiting for the girls after school or between activities. After not finding time to begin this book after several days; I opened it one evening before bedtime planning just to start it and "get a feel" for the author's writing style. A few hours later, I was reading the last pages and putting the second book in my bag to read! The book maintains an action packed pace--and incorporates enough twists and turns (some rather sudden and unexp ...more
Marni
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the heroine in Watcher. She was written with depth and had such a reality to her personality she jumped from the pages. I was hooked from page one, drawn into action and scenes of a world that (IMHO) could one day be our reality. In the future, wars have broken humanity, followed by technology bringing the survivors to their knees, or, in this case an underground bunker where they struggle to survive and fight back against the bots.
Sawyer leads us through the history behind thier demise,
Patrick Hodges
Sawyer is an orphaned girl who lives in a world not unlike that of the Terminator movies, where machines have taken over and now roam the streets searching for the last remaining humans. She is a Watcher, a skilled tracker and eliminator. However, when the machines seem to be getting smarter, she and her crew must risk everything to discover why, and to stop it.

If you like dystopian stories, than this will appeal to you. It's engaging, fast-paced, exciting, and Sawyer is a great main character.
Misty
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watcher by AJ Eversley was a very well written science fiction book that I greatly enjoyed reading. I absolutely loved Sawyer Russo as a character, I felt like the author did a wonderful job in giving her a unique personality and life story that made her into the perfect protagonist for this book. The book reminded me a little bit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with how it was one person trying to save everyone. I would personally recommend this book to anyone who enjoy science fiction, mystery, an ...more
Melody Spencer
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I am a Watcher. I was trained to fight to save what remains of humanity, and I’d do so until my dying breath”

What an awesome story! I was hooked right from the beginning of this dystopian tale. Taking place in a barren future after World World III, the Bots that everyone thought were there to help us have turned on humanity along with the more advanced Carbons and the remaining humans are in trouble. The Watchers are doing everything they can to survive and save anyone still out there while el
Sabrina
It took me a couple of chapters to get into the book as the start is mostly Sawyer going on about how fast and clever she is. She comes across as quite conceited rather than just confident, though I guess she's always had to act super-tough to fit in with the guys. However, I soon got pulled into the world and the story. It's a futuristic story where robots and Carbons have overrun the city and humans are being targeted.
Kenzie is a real mystery throughout the book. He's a very interesting charac
Michelle VanDaley
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My review is based on the audiobook
Watcher does a great job laying the ground work for this fantastic dystopian series. The story is action packed with descriptive world building and in depth characters that you can't help becoming invested in. The narration is on point with male and female narrators bringing the characters and story to life with a perfect inflection and pacing. I look forward to more in this series and from these narrators.
Lisa Huskins
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've just finished reading this YA novel and it kept me wanting to read more! There were twists that I didn't see coming and kept me from putting my book down for the night, continually saying 'just one more chapter and then I'll go to bed'. The author developed the characters in a way you can understand their drive to do what they do. It was a quick read and the story line was easy to follow! I would definitely recommend this book to friends and family! Can't wait for more from this author.
Riann
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this dystopian read from the very first page. Sawyer is a very likeable and I could easily relate to her. The robotic elements were especially fascinating. The descriptiveness of the writing easily allowed me to become very immersed in the story. I really enjoyed the twists especially at the end. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Sabetha
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall this story is creepily realistic. Well thought out world building and premise. A few points fell flat for me, where I was thinking, okay get on with it already. But the twists made the wait worth it. Definitely worth reading if you are into post apocalyptic books. I look forward to discovering what happens next in Sawyers journey.
Deedra
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't want to stop reading to this!A really good first book in a series with a peak at the next book.I can't wait to hear more of Sawyer and Chevys story. Chelsea Stephens and Steve Campbell were terrific narrators. I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Billie Kretzschmar
Bots and Carbons

This is definitely a new twist for me. Life after World War III. I really enjoyed this story line. Action, loyalty, and finding out who you can trust And the adventure continues.
Maria Dalmau
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was fantastic, the story building was amazing, characters were awesome and plot was great. I was hooked from the first page. I can't wait to read the next book.
Jackie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story as always. Sawyer has sworn to protect but it’s not easy. A fast moving story to keep you intrigued. A superb fantasy book.
Ang Barrett
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a page turner! I have almost no time to read, but I was making any time i
Could to read it! The author makes the characters real and so every plot twist you feel!
Sally Henson
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you liked Hunger Games and Divergent, you'll LOVE Watcher. Watcher is action-packed and full of twists and turns. I felt like I was with Sawyer, seeing the destruction, the tingling in my lungs, and the pain-physical/emotional. If this book is an indication of what's to come, I can't wait to read the next one!
Alex (Briennai)
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sawyer chose to be a Watcher in order to protect humanity, and she is one of the best in her field. She has dedicated her life to fighting Bots and Carbons, and she knows that she is probably going to die an early death. Even if she is not killed by the Bots and Carbons, if she is captured, it is her duty to kill herself so that the base isn't revealed to the enemy. She knows not to get attached to people since she will most likely end up losing them. When the Bots and Carbons star to attack her ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Addicted to YA: WATCHER - By AJ Eversley 1 10 Feb 22, 2018 08:31PM
Readers That Love...: WATCHER .99 cent promo May1-8 (YA Scifi) 1 3 May 01, 2017 09:51PM
Goodreads Librari...: Change Book cover?? 7 26 Mar 26, 2017 04:32PM
Dystopia Land: New YA Sci-Fi Dystopian 1 11 Mar 25, 2017 08:15PM
  • Bloodmoon (Bloodmark Saga, #3)
  • Time Reavers
  • Exile (Guy Erma and the Son of Empire, #3)
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Understanding the Stars
  • Broken Dolls (The Telepathic Clans, # 3)
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • The Night Dahlia (Nightwise, #2)
  • Joshua and the Lightning Road (Lightning Road #1)
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing, #2)
  • Mythicals
  • Satan's Son
  • Starblind (Starblind, #1)
  • Myths and Magic: An Epic Fantasy and Speculative Fiction Boxed Set
  • Dawn of the Infected: A Prequel Novella (Hybrid Chronicles)
  • Shadow Reaper (Shadowlands #1)
I am the author of The Watcher Series, a YA Scifi Dystopian trilogy. I’ve always been a lover of YA books, and totally fangirl over Sarah J. Maas and Victoria Averyard.

The first book in the series, aptly named WATCHER, was released March 2017. The sequel CARBON came out September 2017 and the final book in the series SAVIOR, will come out in March 2018.

There are also 4 FREE Novellas that take pl

Watcher (2 books)
  • Carbon (Watcher #2)
“I knew I was not alone. They would never leave until ever last one of us was gone.” 0 likes