Start by marking “The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)

The Little Paris Patisserie

(Romantic Escapes #3)

In a cosy corner of Paris, a delicious little patisserie is just waiting to be discovered. And romance might just be on the menu…

As the youngest of four, Nina Hadley has always had her big brothers telling her what to do. So, when she’s given the chance to move to Paris and help run a patisserie course, she can’t say au revoir quick enough!

There’s just one problem: high-fl
Published September 6th 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Little Paris Patisserie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Paris Patisserie

Nicola
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved The Little Cafe in Copenhagen and The Little Brooklyn Bakery so naturally I went into this with a degree of anticipation.

description ...with respect Sebastian, castrating the lambs on the farm with my own teeth would be preferable to helping you out.”

This had all the ingredients to make a great read—a grumpy man, a romantic setting, mouthwatering food and a flighty, determined woman—and I wanted to love The Little Paris Patisserie, but sadly it didn’t hit the heights of its predecessors. And that
Claire Robinson
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "I think I'm going to like you a lot..." Stars!

We journey to Paris for the third book in Julie Caplin’s hugely enjoyable Romantic Escapes series. We step away from the characters in the previous two books who were loosely linked as well, and are introduced to Nina Hadley, youngest sibling in a large family, it’s time for her to spread her wings and make a few decisions about what she wants to do with her life.

"You have to be a sorcerer with sugar, a wizard with chocolate and a magician with
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Little Paris Patisserie is another gem in this series, and one I am incredibly excited to be able to shout about!

My only regret with regards to reading this book is that I couldn't quite find enough time to sit and read it in one sitting, as it was just so, so so good!! Everytime I put it down the characters stayed in my head for hours, and I just loved Nina and Sebastian and all those on the patisserie course.

Ok there was a second regret that I wasn't reading this in a patisseries myself,
Literary Soirée
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Utterly charming romance set in my fave city, Paris, and in a bakery no less! Perfect beach read!

Pub date 06 Sep 2018.

Thanks to the author, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads, and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine. TheLittleParisPatisserie #NetGalley
OLT
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had read and mildly enjoyed Caplin's first two little romances in this City Bakes series, so I pre-ordered this one. Caplin's stories are part cooking/baking adventure, part travelogue and part romance. In the first story the author took us to Copenhagen, in the second to Brooklyn, and now here we are in Paris.

Ah, Paris! The City of Love and Light! But sadly underused here. This story has the trademark baking that can make your mouth water if you're hungry, but it has only a smattering of sigh
Kathy K.
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the series and I have to say my favorite by far. I can't wait until January when the 4th one comes out. Julie Caplin can sure capture the heart of the subject matter, the city, the food and the relationships. Read it in one day. A quick, light lovely read.
Nicola Clough
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed Julie's other books in this series so was looking forward to this and certainly didn't disappoint me at all. She writes them so well that you really think you are there with them and in the country it's based in. It's heartwarming and romantic and fighting for what you want also about families and friendship and plenty about amazing cakes that I would just love to try. It's about fitting the last piece of the jigsaw to complete your life.
This is based around a little patis
Pattie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A sweet book, easy reading, a bit predictable but who cares?? 3.5 rating...thanks, julie xx
Lisa Whittaker
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in the romantic escape series and it didn’t disappoint.

Julie has a lovely way of bringing a group of strangers together who become firm friends. I think this aspect of her books is what I like the best. I loved all the characters, although it took longer for me to warm to Sebastián, but eventually I did.

Through the wonderfully descriptive writing, you can close your eyes and imagine the wonderful patisseries and, if you’ve not been to Paris like me, the beautiful city of Paris.

I
Xerxia
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I should have known better than to preorder a book and read it as soon as it came out. This book was clearly rushed and did not spend anywhere near enough time in editing. It was replete with continuity errors and bizarre roundabout discussions that were excruciating to read and confusing as hell.

This author excels in writing friendships among diverse groups of people, and that skill was this story’s only saving grace. The family that the heroine creates for herself out of friends was warm and
Juliana
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a digital ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book was an absolute delight! I'm so happy that I read it. Set in the heart of Paris, Nina Hadley is a baker at heart. When her childhood friend and crush, Sebastian Finlay, calls her brother needing help with a patisserie because he broke his leg, Nina is the last person he wants. Sebastian doesn't even want to teach the course but he's been saddled with it in exchange for two other properties. With his broken leg, he
victoria_tonks
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was looking forward to this book , as I had enjoyed the previous two installments in the series but I was disappointed. It also took me unusually long to finish it. The best part of the book was the friendship part - a motley crew Nina finds in Paris who ultimately form a family of sorts, united by the common goal.

But. This is supposed to be a romance book - and yes, there is romance in it, except it is hard to enjoy it when both the heroine and the hero are not all that likeable. (view spoil
Kelly
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this tale. Nina takes the chance to escape her loving but overbearing family to be assistant to top chef Sebastian in Paris. They have a history but do they have a future? Fantastic descriptive writing, especially of yummy cakes! A distinct beginning, middle and end to the tale which overall is fun and light heated. Can’t wait for the next instalment!
Alina
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My very first Julie Caplin’s book and I am in love with it! What's not to love: the most beautiful city in the world, French pastries and a group of wonderful people. Well, throw a grumpy and one-legged boss into a mix and you have a fantastic story.

Ok, let's start at the beginning. Young Nina has a big crush on her brother's best friend (who is basically a family at that point). One night, in a splurge of a moment she kisses him, but unfortunately, that part does not go as well as young Nina im
Despina
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
eceived a copy of this book from NetGalley for a honest review.

4 1/2 stars

This is my 2nd Julie Caplin book and I really quite enjoyed this story, I was just recently in France and enjoyed exploring the different Patisseries so this book was delightful trip down memory lane. We start of with Nina needing to leave her overwhelming family and she gets the opportunity to do this by going to France, where her brother's best friend has hurt himself and needs help. I have to say I didn't really like Se
Emma
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet book, it was engaging and you kinda had an idea how it would end - fortunately, Julie Caplin isn't a monster and didn't sucker punch us with a nasty twist.

I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was a soft gentle story - definitely made me want to pack up my life and move to Paris, find a little struggling patisserie and bake! And this had nothing to do with Sebastion and everything to do with the baking and the being in Paris!

I was first alerted to this story by a fellow GoodReader, Ju
Sally Coles
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Nina's brother tells her that his best friend Sebastian has broken his leg and needs help running his patisserie course she jumps at the chance to go and help out....... after all she has been secretly in love with Sebastian forever...... and it is in Paris! Will she make a success of her job and will Sebastian ever return her feelings?

A lovely book with some great characters, especially some of the minor ones, and although I really didn't like Sebastian at first, I would have gone straight
Andi
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd in the series of books based around the most amazing coffee shops, but, its also a standalone book which makes it easy.
Whilst being unable to do a lot due to a broken ankle, I devoured this in a day, it is such a heart warming novel.
I just love Paris, who doesn't? In this delicious book, we explored the beautiful city and it was great recognising places.
The story was the usual Julie Caplin story, love with a twist, but that's what makes them so enjoyable, they aren't flouncy, j
Margaret
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet (no pun intended) book! I haven't read the first two books in this series, but I'll definitely pick them up now. If you love a good chick-lit story, Paris, and/or pastries, this will be a fun read for sure.

There were some aspects to the book that kept me puzzling (ex: how do people become best friends that fast and decide to completely renovate a building without anyone finding out?), but I was reading for escapism and got it, so I'm not mad about it. Pairs well with GBBO and a
Christi
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This one took a bit, but then I was hooked. The various description of pastries required me to pick some up last weekend FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. I loved this story for all things Paris and the group of students/friends that Nina made along the way. But the pastries, the pastries... own me. This has been a fun series so far and I went ahead and pre-ordered the next one.
Booksen
I don't know what this says about this book, but the romance aspect was the one I was the least interested about. I didn't care that much about the main couple, but the secondary characters were pretty great! I would've loved to know more about their stories and get to see what the group got up to in the future.
Michelle
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was light, fun, and heartwarming. It made my mouth water and wish for an eclair while reading! I enjoyed the cast of characters and am always a sucker for a little love story...especially set in Paris!
Fiction State Of Mind
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
Coyer Winter Back to Basics

This book was heavy on atmosphere! I really felt like I was in Paris experiencing the sights the smells and the food. When a young woman is forced to work with her former crush to escape her family she finds old feelings coming to the surface as she deals with a grumpy, yet sexy boss. The supporting cast really made this story for me because the main love interest was pretty much a jerk 90 percent of the book.
Linniegayl
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet book. Made me want to go back to Paris and visit more patisseries.
Jo Crosby
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
A lovely holiday read for my summer reading fest! I really enjoyed this little gem of a story, but didnt realise it was a series so works very well as a stand alone too!

This book combines two of my favourite things - food and Paris and I think the author did both justice! The descriptive words used for the cake creations had my mouth watering and the imagery sued to describe the streets of Paris had me reminiscing!

A thoroughly lovely read - I will certainly be looking up the other books in this
Maria
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hatter comes to review but first, he demands to have all the cakes and pastries in the story! Man, it made us hungry when reading it.
Okay, let's start with the review. The story revolves from Nina's point of view, a woman, who was not sure about what she wanted to do and blessed with a family on her back, decided to take a challenge to practice in Paris with her not so obvious crush.
I would say that Nina's character is not exactly loveable, but I can relate her at some point. Actually, I feel
Linda O'Brien
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this series & was supposed to be the final one, but there is now going to be a fourth book. Hurrah!
I've really enjoyed all these books. It's a lovely series.
What's not to like, reading about delicious food in nice surroundings. I want to visit all these places.
This story revolves mostly around Nina & Sebastian.
Nina lives on the family farm in England. She has a very large, loving family, who constantly interfer in her life. She gets really frustrated with th
Lynn McCrum
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book and everything about it. Yes it was a little predictable but show me a romance that isn’t. What it did have was lots of charm and oodles of cake!!! I adored all of the characters, even grouchy Sebastian once he had mellowed a bit. I also loved all of the Paris references and it definitely made me want to visit and sample the atmosphere soon which will please my daughter who thinks she should have been born a Parisian.

Anyway I digress! The book - what do you want to
Debbie Southwell
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the series of Romantic Escapes by Julie that I have read and delighted by the fact that they are all fantastic, including this one.
Nina wants to get away and live her life away from the protective fold of her family, including her overprotective Brothers. When the opportunity comes to go to Paris to help her Brothers best friend run a cookery course she wants to jump at the chance but there’s one problem. Nina used to have a huge crush on Sebastian which wasn’t reciproc
Jane Hunt
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a book in the 'Romantic Escapes' series, I love it, and this one is no exception. Romantic Paris, delicious patisserie, a lovable heroine and a grumpy, gorgeous hero, need I say more?

Nina, the baby of the family, is tired of all the well-meaning interference in her life, she wants to be independent and find out if she can use her talent for baking to forge a career. The opportunity seems heaven sent, but then she finds out her boss is the man she grew up with and has always lov
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Single Girl's Calendar
  • Christmas at Mistletoe Cove (Hope Island #3)
  • The French Adventure
  • Dancing with Paris (City of Light Book 2)
  • The Little Antique Shop under the Eiffel Tower (The Little Paris Collection, #2)
  • Meet Me at Willoughby Close
  • The Summer Getaway
  • The Gin Shack on the Beach
  • Summer Secrets at the Apple Blossom Deli
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  • The Vampire Hunter (In the Company of Vampires #2)
  • Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year
  • The Bookshop on Rosemary Lane (Rosemary Lane #1)

Romantic Escapes (5 books)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
“am starving and quite honestly, I can’t face that bloody room service menu again.” 0 likes
“she bustled into the” 0 likes