Start by marking “The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)

The Little Paris Patisserie

(Romantic Escapes #3)

In a cosy corner of Paris, a delicious little patisserie is just waiting to be discovered. And romance might just be on the menu…

As the youngest of four, Nina Hadley has always had her big brothers telling her what to do. So, when she’s given the chance to move to Paris and help run a patisserie course, she can’t say au revoir quick enough!

There’s just one problem: high-fl
Published September 6th 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Little Paris Patisserie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Paris Patisserie

Start your review of The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
Dale Harcombe
Three and a half stars.
The youngest of four siblings, Nina is more than a little fed up with her brothers looking out for her and telling her what to do. When given the chance to move to Paris and help run a patisserie course for 7 weeks, Nina is off like a shot. The only problem is it means dealing with high flying chef Sebastian Finley. Not only is Sebastian, her brother Nick’s best friend, he is the one Nina has had a crush on since she was a teenager. Until she made a fool of herself. Since
Claire Robinson
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "I think I'm going to like you a lot..." Stars!

We journey to Paris for the third book in Julie Caplin’s hugely enjoyable Romantic Escapes series. We step away from the characters in the previous two books who were loosely linked as well, and are introduced to Nina Hadley, youngest sibling in a large family, it’s time for her to spread her wings and make a few decisions about what she wants to do with her life.

"You have to be a sorcerer with sugar, a wizard with chocolate and a magician with
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Little Paris Patisserie is another gem in this series, and one I am incredibly excited to be able to shout about!

My only regret with regards to reading this book is that I couldn't quite find enough time to sit and read it in one sitting, as it was just so, so so good!! Everytime I put it down the characters stayed in my head for hours, and I just loved Nina and Sebastian and all those on the patisserie course.

Ok there was a second regret that I wasn't reading this in a patisseries myself,
OLT
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had read and mildly enjoyed Caplin's first two little romances in this City Bakes series, so I pre-ordered this one. Caplin's stories are part cooking/baking adventure, part travelogue and part romance. In the first story the author took us to Copenhagen, in the second to Brooklyn, and now here we are in Paris.

Ah, Paris! The City of Love and Light! But sadly underused here. This story has the trademark baking that can make your mouth water if you're hungry, but it has only a smattering of sigh
Hannah
Still an enjoyable read but to me this one didn't have the same spark as the first two in the series (I did like the patisserie and cooking side from the start though). Another good point was following the youngest sister who feels her brothers protect her all the time. I think it took too long for Nina and Sebastian to be in the story romantically or even together in detail together. Once that happened the story got much better for me from that part. I liked Alex and am looking forward to readi ...more
Literary Soirée
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Utterly charming romance set in my fave city, Paris, and in a bakery no less! Perfect beach read!

Pub date 06 Sep 2018.

Thanks to the author, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads, and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine. TheLittleParisPatisserie #NetGalley
Pattie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A sweet book, easy reading, a bit predictable but who cares?? 3.5 rating...thanks, julie xx
Nicola Clough
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed Julie's other books in this series so was looking forward to this and certainly didn't disappoint me at all. She writes them so well that you really think you are there with them and in the country it's based in. It's heartwarming and romantic and fighting for what you want also about families and friendship and plenty about amazing cakes that I would just love to try. It's about fitting the last piece of the jigsaw to complete your life.
This is based around a little patis
victoria_tonks
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was looking forward to this book , as I had enjoyed the previous two installments in the series but I was disappointed. It also took me unusually long to finish it. The best part of the book was the friendship part - a motley crew Nina finds in Paris who ultimately form a family of sorts, united by the common goal.

But. This is supposed to be a romance book - and yes, there is romance in it, except it is hard to enjoy it when both the heroine and the hero are not all that likeable. (view spoil
Xerxia
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I should have known better than to preorder a book and read it as soon as it came out. This book was clearly rushed and did not spend anywhere near enough time in editing. It was replete with continuity errors and bizarre roundabout discussions that were excruciating to read and confusing as hell.

This author excels in writing friendships among diverse groups of people, and that skill was this story’s only saving grace. The family that the heroine creates for herself out of friends was warm and
Lisa Whittaker
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in the romantic escape series and it didn’t disappoint.

Julie has a lovely way of bringing a group of strangers together who become firm friends. I think this aspect of her books is what I like the best. I loved all the characters, although it took longer for me to warm to Sebastián, but eventually I did.

Through the wonderfully descriptive writing, you can close your eyes and imagine the wonderful patisseries and, if you’ve not been to Paris like me, the beautiful city of Paris.

I
Margaret
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet (no pun intended) book! I haven't read the first two books in this series, but I'll definitely pick them up now. If you love a good chick-lit story, Paris, and/or pastries, this will be a fun read for sure.

There were some aspects to the book that kept me puzzling (ex: how do people become best friends that fast and decide to completely renovate a building without anyone finding out?), but I was reading for escapism and got it, so I'm not mad about it. Pairs well with GBBO and a
Ivana Hrenáková
❤️❤️❤️ sfúkla som ju za jedno poobedie. Občas mi veľmi treba takéto sladké knihy plné koláčov, sympatických ľudí a jednoduchých momentov.
Juliana
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a digital ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book was an absolute delight! I'm so happy that I read it. Set in the heart of Paris, Nina Hadley is a baker at heart. When her childhood friend and crush, Sebastian Finlay, calls her brother needing help with a patisserie because he broke his leg, Nina is the last person he wants. Sebastian doesn't even want to teach the course but he's been saddled with it in exchange for two other properties. With his broken leg, he
Kelly
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this tale. Nina takes the chance to escape her loving but overbearing family to be assistant to top chef Sebastian in Paris. They have a history but do they have a future? Fantastic descriptive writing, especially of yummy cakes! A distinct beginning, middle and end to the tale which overall is fun and light heated. Can’t wait for the next instalment!
Keileen
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich brauchte wieder ein leichtes Hörbuch, bei dem ich gut nebenbei herumwuseln konnte. Dafür war dieses Buch ideal.
Die Geschichte rund um Nina, die in Paris landet und dort beginnt sich selbst zu finden, ist locker und leicht gewesen und hat gut unterhalten. An der ein oder anderen Stelle hatte die Geschichten für mich Schwächen, aber die kann ich verschmerzen. Für mich war es eine kurzlebige runde Geschichte. Allerdings keine Geschichte die einem ewig im Gedächtnis bleibt. Eher leichte Popcorn
Terča Nováková
Knížka je dobrá oddychovka. Hlavní hrdinka Nina je sympatická. Bohužel ale místy jsem se nudila a přišlo mi, že by děj mohl být víc rozvinutější, ale i přesto se mi kniha líbila.
Alina
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My very first Julie Caplin’s book and I am in love with it! What's not to love: the most beautiful city in the world, French pastries and a group of wonderful people. Well, throw a grumpy and one-legged boss into a mix and you have a fantastic story.

Ok, let's start at the beginning. Young Nina has a big crush on her brother's best friend (who is basically a family at that point). One night, in a splurge of a moment she kisses him, but unfortunately, that part does not go as well as young Nina im
Lynn McCrum
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book and everything about it. Yes it was a little predictable but show me a romance that isn’t. What it did have was lots of charm and oodles of cake!!! I adored all of the characters, even grouchy Sebastian once he had mellowed a bit. I also loved all of the Paris references and it definitely made me want to visit and sample the atmosphere soon which will please my daughter who thinks she should have been born a Parisian.

Anyway I digress! The book - what do you want to
Emma
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet book, it was engaging and you kinda had an idea how it would end - fortunately, Julie Caplin isn't a monster and didn't sucker punch us with a nasty twist.

I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was a soft gentle story - definitely made me want to pack up my life and move to Paris, find a little struggling patisserie and bake! And this had nothing to do with Sebastion and everything to do with the baking and the being in Paris!

I was first alerted to this story by a fellow GoodReader, Ju
Jo Crosby
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
A lovely holiday read for my summer reading fest! I really enjoyed this little gem of a story, but didnt realise it was a series so works very well as a stand alone too!

This book combines two of my favourite things - food and Paris and I think the author did both justice! The descriptive words used for the cake creations had my mouth watering and the imagery sued to describe the streets of Paris had me reminiscing!

A thoroughly lovely read - I will certainly be looking up the other books in this
e m i l y
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, 5-star
Oh my goodness. This little Romantic Escapes escapes series just keeps getting better. I thought that The Little Brooklyn Bakery was going to be my favourite, but this one might just take the cake. (Excuse the pun) Caplin's writing really does encapsulate the true setting of the story and each book makes you feel like you're transported into each city that they are based in.

Nina Hadley is the youngest of four brothers. She's just been told that her workplace is closing for renovations for a few
Despina
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
eceived a copy of this book from NetGalley for a honest review.

4 1/2 stars

This is my 2nd Julie Caplin book and I really quite enjoyed this story, I was just recently in France and enjoyed exploring the different Patisseries so this book was delightful trip down memory lane. We start of with Nina needing to leave her overwhelming family and she gets the opportunity to do this by going to France, where her brother's best friend has hurt himself and needs help. I have to say I didn't really like Se
Marta
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No. Tak si zase jednou připadám, že jsem četla úúúúplně jinou knihu, než většina ostatních. Mohl by mi někdo zcela vážně vysvětlit, čím se tohle liší od harlequinek, které se za mého dospívání prodávaly zhruba za dvacku? Asi jsem cynik, ale moc rozdílů jsem nenašla.

Holka, jejíž největší problém je, že si před deseti lety vylila víno na šaty před klukem, který se jí libil. Která nemá žádné finanční starosti, má naprostou podporu rodiny (finanční i emoční), může se prostě sebrat a na pár měsíců v
Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower
This novel is kind of like Pride and Prejudice because the main male character is seems grumpy and to dislike the main female character. They are at each other's necks, cannot stand each other, while in reality they have been in love for ten years. Now the reunite for work in Paris, so this novel is about love and second chances and about patisserie and yummy food. It made me want to return to Paris and taste everything again and go the specific places they mentioned.
Alex was such a great chara
Sally Coles
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Nina's brother tells her that his best friend Sebastian has broken his leg and needs help running his patisserie course she jumps at the chance to go and help out....... after all she has been secretly in love with Sebastian forever...... and it is in Paris! Will she make a success of her job and will Sebastian ever return her feelings?

A lovely book with some great characters, especially some of the minor ones, and although I really didn't like Sebastian at first, I would have gone straight
Andi
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd in the series of books based around the most amazing coffee shops, but, its also a standalone book which makes it easy.
Whilst being unable to do a lot due to a broken ankle, I devoured this in a day, it is such a heart warming novel.
I just love Paris, who doesn't? In this delicious book, we explored the beautiful city and it was great recognising places.
The story was the usual Julie Caplin story, love with a twist, but that's what makes them so enjoyable, they aren't flouncy, j
Booksen
I don't know what this says about this book, but the romance aspect was the one I was the least interested about. I didn't care that much about the main couple, but the secondary characters were pretty great! I would've loved to know more about their stories and get to see what the group got up to in the future.
Christi
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This one took a bit, but then I was hooked. The various description of pastries required me to pick some up last weekend FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. I loved this story for all things Paris and the group of students/friends that Nina made along the way. But the pastries, the pastries... own me. This has been a fun series so far and I went ahead and pre-ordered the next one.
Courtney
Chelsey
Feb 13, 2018
Nicki
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a lovely book and one I’m so glad I finally read. I’m a huge fan of this series and always pre-order the next book when I know it’s coming out. For some reason this book was left hidden away on my kindle app for ages even though I knew I’d really enjoy it. Funny how that happens isn’t it?!

Nina was a wonderful main character. I loved her get up and go, and really admired the way she took herself off to Paris, not really knowing what to expect. Coming from a big family myself I under
Jenn

• Summer on a Sunny Island
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Summer
  • Escape to the Riviera
  • My Greek Island Summer
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Bus (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus)
  • The Little Bookshop of Love Stories
  • The Saturday Morning Park Run
  • From Rome with Love
  • Summer at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry (Pudding Pantry, Book 3)
  • A Perfect Paris Christmas: the perfect laugh out loud romance to curl up with this Christmas
  • Aria’s Travelling Book Shop
  • Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls
  • Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • A Postcard from Italy
  • Sunshine After the Rain
Julie Caplin is addicted to travel and good food. She’s on a constant hunt for the perfect gin and is obsessively picky about glasses, tonic and garnishes. Between regular gin tastings, she’s been writing her debut novel which is set in just one of the many cities she’s explored over the years.

Formerly a PR director, for many years she swanned around Europe taking top food and drink writers on pre

Romantic Escapes (6 books)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia  (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
  • The Little Teashop in Tokyo (Romantic Escapes, #6)