Start by marking “Black and Blue (Black Star Security #1)” as Want to Read:
Black and Blue (Black Star Security #1)

Black and Blue

(Black Star Security #1)

Life can leave you bruised

Former Navy SEAL, Jackson West, is trying to start over in the Bluegrass State. West had to choose between serving his country and being the parent his young daughter deserves. Hes formed Black Star Security with his military buddies, and theyre gonna kick a little @ss. For a price.

Sometimes you need a second chance

Deputy U.S. Marshal Annie Foster
Published March 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Black and Blue, please sign up.
Cynthia Rayne No. I added a place holder file for the pre-order. It's 250 pages.…moreNo. I added a place holder file for the pre-order. It's 250 pages. (less)

Start your review of Black and Blue (Black Star Security #1)
Carvanz
After an assignment goes fubar, Annie is trying to level the scales of justice and can hopefully find redemption along the way. When her investigation intercepts with Wests he offers her a temporary place on his team.

Wests position with the SEALS was once his main priority until a tragic and soul destroying event occurred that made him reevaluate his life. Now hes determine to make things right and is holding fast to this second chance to be the man and father he should have been in the past.
Bella
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was exceptionally impressed by this book! It's the first in a new series I will definitely be following. It certainly ticks all the boxes for this genre: plenty of action, plenty of suspense, and a great romantic storyline. I particularly like how finely crafted the characters are, with no strange inconsistencies or annoying and overlooked holes in character. The plot was a little different to the norm, which made for a refreshing change. The romance almost took a backseat for much of the ...more
Maria11
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2

This was a good story with some interesting characters, yet something was missing. I am not sure what it was. I just didnt feel the connection between West and Annie. It seemed very instant with really no reason. Well she had great boobs.

I liked the concept of the security team and all their backgrounds. The other guys seemed more interesting then West. I dont know he really didnt do it for me and he was almost pushing himself on Annie then pulling away with indecision.

There is action
Coco.V
May 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/23/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Sometimes you need a second chance
Deputy U.S. Marshal Annie Foster accidentally got her partner killed during a routine prisoner transport. Now three dangerous felons are roaming the Kentucky countryside, and its all her fault. Black Star Security is hunting the fugitives, and Annies assisting them, even though shes devastated by the mistake she made. But she didnt count on West, a big, bad alpha male whos an intoxicating mixture of ruthless and tender.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
There is some attraction between West and Annie from the start; obviously, this is a complicated set up though! Annie has a lot of survivor's guilt, West has an ex-wife and a child. It's complicated! Throw in the task of catching a dangerous criminal (three escaped, but only 1 is a serious danger to society!), and you have a plot that keeps you on your toes.

My issue was with West and Annie. They weren't a bad set of characters or anything, but I just didn't find myself caring much about their
Mona Livsey
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very engaging read! With all the elements of Romance, Suspence, Heartbreak and Absolution, This well paced action filled story will keep you glued to your seat. US Marshall Annie Foster has to live with the loss of not only her Partner, but her Best Friend when a botched Prisoner transfer takes a turn for the worse. Annie wakes up in the hospital without her friend and with out a job. She is determined to find the prisoners who caused so much Havoc and despair in her life.
Jackson West, a
Kat Wes
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a new series I will be following as it comes out. I hadn't read this author before, but I read many of this type of book. Let me assure you this particular one is nothing like any before.
Annie Foster has had it rough lately, beyond rough, but is determined not to allow her dismissal from the U.S. Marshals stop her from finding justice. Jackson West isn't a stranger to the guilt of letting down a loved one either. He is determined to be a better father to his little girl so he leaves the
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"A great start of a new series I'm instantly fell in love. Looks like Black Star Security will have us on out toes for indefinitely. "

Book rates: 5+stars
Plot: 5+stars
Characters: 5+starts
Writing: 5+stars
Pacing: 5+stars
Cover: 4stars

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Well, I'll be damned! What an awesome, enjoyable read was that! While Cynthia Rayne has her share of distinct work since many years back, I've got now the opportunity to personally
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think my heart has finally stopped beating out of my chest. This was an intense ride seeped in danger. During a routine prison transport Annie loses three convicts and gets a bullet to the shoulder. Six months later she's scrambling to find the three prison runaways and meets Jackson West. West is a former Navy Seal and now runs a security firm. Sparks literally fly when they meet and the chemistry between them gets hotter and hotter throughout the story. I enjoyed seeing a female character in ...more
Doni
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a start, to this new series,
Black Star Security! I loved this book,
& really enjoyed reading it.
It is an great romance supense story.
In one second, U.S. Marshall,
Annie Foster's life, is changed forever.
Now, she wants justice. Annie vowed
to make things right.
After a tragedy rocks his world,
former Navy Seal, Jackson West,
is ready for a second chance.
To be a better father, for his daughter.
West, opens Black Star Security.
His former military buddies, join his team.
While on
Erin Lewis
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Black and Blue (Black Star Security #1) by Cynthia Rayne
This was a new author to me and the premise sounded intriguing, plus I enjoy romantic suspense.
West has formed a Security company with his military buddies and Annie, a U.S.Marshal is reeling from the death of her partner during a prisoner transport.
When they decide to work together to catch the escaped prisoners, although focused on their task at hand, they are also aware of the growing attraction between them.
Full of drama,
Stacy Jordet
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a new author to me and I am very glad I took a chance.

Annie Foster made one mistake on the job and it cost her friends life and potential countless other innocent lives. She is doing everything in her power to right a wrong that happened. This pursuit puts her in the path of Former Navy SEAL, Jackson West who is starting his own security firm.

Jackson West is a man who has scars but is doing everything in his power to change. He finds out about three escaped convicts and sees the type
Jules
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

Black and Blue is the first book in Cynthia Raynes Black Star Security Series which will undoubtedly feature a book about each of the hunky former military men in Jackson Wests newly founded company. Black and Blue not only sets up the series, but it also features Jackson West, a former Navy SEAL, and Annie Foster, a former U.S. Marshall. The two meet when their individual hunt for a trio of fugitives intersects.

I was hooked by the intense prologue. This quick-paced novel is action
Denise Van plew
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a first time for me with this author but this is again a formula that gets my attention in a story line. Right away this author grabs at the heart strings when the character Annie has a dark happening when she is devastated but also determined. She then crosses paths with West whom is just starting out with his security company. He has some pals that are colorful that make up this company too. going along on their journey with them in hunting that does heat up in many ways keeps you on ...more
Ame Eggers
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New series and it's off to a running start! I wasn't sure if I was going to like the new book to be honest.....these are good guys.... I'm so used to Cynthia's law breakers with hearts of gold but no worries West and company are just as amazing as the Horsemen and the Mafia. Ex-Seal joins forces with a disgraced marshal to find escaped convicts...not as simple as it sounds when West reacts to Annie from the start. As for Annie, well she has a lot riding on her mind and heart before she can even ...more
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Black and Blue by Cynthia Rayne is the first book in the Black Star Security series. This fast-paced, action-packed story with an intriguing storyline is full of danger, tragedy, suspense, twists, grief, justice, loss, witty banter, sizzling chemistry, and so much more.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Debbie Orazi
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! West and Annie's story was a suspenseful thrilling romance. The plot twists and storyline were exceptionally well done.

Both lead characters were struggling to deal with their emotional wounds after experiencing personal losses. They met while each was tracking the three fugitives responsible for shooting Annie and her former partner Mike.

The secondary characters, who I hope all get their own books in this series, are hilariously funny, raunchy and irreverant.

I
Miranda
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mobi-files
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I had not read this author before but I will definitely be reading her books in the future! I loved the characters, their ribbing of each other, and their cohesiveness when working as a team. Annie was one awesome heroine and the heat between her and West was off the charts!
There were a few misspellings and such but this was an advanced copy and I'm sure will get a final polish before publishing. Other than that I
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Good action. I liked the security team (very diverse group of people!) and I liked the hunt for the escaped prisoners. West and Annie were okay. I'm not entirely sure I fully believed their romance. Maybe I just didn't get enough development in that area? I'm not sure. Whatever the reason, I never really connected with them.
Joanne
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this authors previous books so when I saw this new series I knew I wanted to give it a try. This is the start of a new Security company , started by Jackson West and a few of his former teammates, SEALs and other military personnel. A former US Marshall Annie is looking to track 3 former prisoners who escaped whilst they were in transport to a prison, her former partner and friend is shot and she blames herself. She meets up with West tracking the same criminals. Deciding to pool their ...more
Sara Oxton
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black and Blue by Cynthia Rayne a five-star read that wont leave you Black and Blue but will leave you breathless. This is the first book in the Black Star security series and the first book I have read by this author and wow what a read, I cant wait for the next book. Jackson West is a man who has faced his demons and hasnt truly been able to come out the other side but after everything he has faced thats no surprise. But ohhh what a man, he will turn your head and so much more. There is ...more
Shelly Reynolds
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"It wouldn't mean jack. I'd walk away like nothing ever happened. So what's the point? We're both too old for a fling."
"That's cute"
"What's cute?"
"You actually think you'd be able to walk after I got done with you."

I loved this story! I was draw in from page one and couldn't put it down! What great characters! There was suspense, heartbreak, humor, and steam! Holy hotness!!

Jackson West, former Navy SEAL, runs Black Star Security. Business is slow, but he's holding out hope. When the opportunity
Lisa Pate
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really great book, it kept me wonder what would be happening next and if Annie would ever be able to stop the guilt that she is feeling over what happened. Then it had me wondering if Annie was going to come out of it alive, and how she was going to deal with her feelings for West.
Annie and Mike her best friend are US Marshall; they are transporting prisoners from one facility to another. Annie just finished patting down the three convicts. Ryder who was a drug addict, John Doe (they
Angela
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!

Black and Blue is the first book in the exciting new Black Star Security series by bestselling author Cynthia Rayne. A highly entertaining, thrilling, romantic suspense that's a definite must read! With an intriguing storyline, complex characters, humor, witty banter, intense situations, danger, and surprise twists, this emotional roller-coaster of a story will hold you captive from beginning to end. It was a terrific story, and a great beginning to what is going to be an excellent
Elysian Fields
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story and found that I could not put it down. I was sucked into this world of escaped fugitives and the men and women who hunted them down. Black Star Security series is full of possibilities and new adventures.
This is the story of Annie and West, by way of fugitive recovery. Annie is a strong and determined woman who has recently been through a tragedy that she feels is her fault. She believes that she is the cause of the death of her best friend/pseudo brother, and feels
Terri Eaches
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've just found an automatic one click author!!! An amazing story where two lost souls find each other and help cope with their feelings of guilt and loss. Annie Foster and her partner Mike Danes are low men on the totem pole at the Kentucky Us Marshall post and have the unsavory job of transporting prisoners from one penal institution to another. A transport goes wrong and three prisoners escape leaving the two marshals to die on the side of a road. Annie has made it her lifes mission to find ...more
Darlene
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BLACK AND BLUE the analogy between story and title is brilliant. We are dealt awful blows in life, that leave us battered and bruised. Shaken to the depths of our soul, simply surviving. While life seems like an empty existence, an inner fortitude drives us to rectify the guilt that haunts and consumes, so we find a semblance of peace. It doesnt matter what lengths you go to, to make things right - sometimes the guilt never disappears. It just seems to manifest.

Crime comes in all manner of
Meka L. Rascoe
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a Cynthia Rayne newbie. Honestly, Black and Blue is a very well-written story, and I absolutely look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. I love stories like these that have the perfect blend of romance and action. I was engaged right from the beginning and just could not put this book down. Annie and West were awesome together, and I enjoyed their little push-pull, "battle of the wills." Clearly sparks were flying everywhere--no matter how hard they tried to deny ...more
Romantic Reads and Such
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Annie is dealing with a lot of guilt over how her last assignment ended. Shes put her life on hold and is doing anything she can to bring the fugitives to justice. Its made her hyper-focused, stubborn, and a bit angry. When she crosses paths with West, he gives her the opportunity she needs to see things through and maybe find something more.

West has dealt a lot of guilt of his own and recognizes a lot of himself in Annie. He also finds himself admiring her determination and spunk. Time spent
Viper Spaulding
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific start to a new series!

Jackson West left the Navy SEALs to concentrate his time on his daughter after his son's death. He's just getting started with Black Star Security, recruiting some of his former teammates along with other qualified men and women to staff his new venture. One of their first assignments is to track down three escaped federal prisoners who have holed up in their part of Kentucky.