Start by marking “Viole[n]t Obscurity (Violent, #1)” as Want to Read:
Viole[n]t Obscurity (Violent, #1)

Viole[n]t Obscurity

(Violent #1)

Aaron Whitman is my patient. That’s all.
The murky words in his skin don’t call to me.
His twitchy gray eyes don’t make me desire more than I should.
He’s my patient.
I’m his psychiatrist, Dr. Adeline Violet.
I’m in control.
I’m fine.
Why are you worried?
I can help him. I can cleanse his sadistic tendencies.
He’s my patient. Don’t you know?
Maximum security Ward Z at Silent
Published February 1st 2018 by Megan D. Martin

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Viole[n]t Obscurity, book 1 of 2. Dr. Violet is swept into a seductive, sinister game by her hot-cold patient!

Books in Violent duet should be read in order:
Book 1: Viole[n]t Obscurity
Book 2: Viole[n]t Oblivion

“To say he was magnificent would have been an understatement. He was perfection
Megan Martin
Jan 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Who's ready for Viole[n]t Obscurity? I am so NERVOUS about this one. Maybe it's because I haven't published anything in so long - IDK - but I feel sick. LOL.

****It's LIVE!******
Amazon
B&N
iBooks
Kobo

Things to know about VO:
1. It's different from my previous writing. This story is not New Adult and it is not considered erotic. That doesn't mean that sexual tension isn't through the MF'ing roof - it's just not dripping in sex. I went deeper, darker in some ways.
2. VO is the first in a two part
Kim BookJunkie

***The following is a review of the ARC which I received for free in exchange for my honest review.***

There are only 4 patients housed in Ward Z, “where the most violent, psychotically disturbed criminals in the United States dwelled.” Each of these mentally ill characters were well developed resulting in characters that were unequivocally enthralling. The main character, Dr. Adeline Violet, is an ethical woman with solid morals until she meets the patient in room Z15: Aaron Whitman.

“A
Vasiliki
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

Please let me start by saying that I totally love Ms. Martin’s writing. Ms. Martin can write anything in my opinion and it will evoke so many feelings from me! I am a huge fan!

Viole[n]t Obscurity is an unusual book in my eyes. The plot is quite original and there are twists and surprises that some of them I saw them coming and some of them not. The story is nicely written from Adeline’s POV with flashbacks from the patients from Ward Z. Really nicely written!

Adeline is a dark heroine.
Tianna✸loves books✸
Good start but failed later. I don't know but this was way too similar to Born, Darkly.
Same concept. Criminal Psychologist heroine and patient is hero. And the herione is as fucked up as the criminal hero. She is horny for the him. So Desperate that she watches him from CCTV while he is ...ugh. And he purposely does it. This one is not for me.

This book is so....gross. The description of mentally ill patients was very disturbing. The herione was very desperate. I might read the second book to kno
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #
** 2-2.5 "sadly, wasn't perfect" STARS **

I'm normally a BIG fan of Megan D. Martin's work, but this one just didn't work for me. My reasons are going to be between her and me, but I suggest giving it a try if you are a Dark Romance-Erotica reader.

P.S: According to GR, here is what the rating stars mean: "1 star – didn’t like it ; 2 stars – it was OK ; 3 stars – liked it ; 4 stars – really liked it ; 5 stars – it was amazing"

So my 2,5 stars doesn't necessarily mean that Violent Obscurity was
Tina H
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I want to say this book blew me away and I absolutely loved it but I can’t!
I think I just expected more, I wanted more. I had a hard time connecting to the characters. I was really only intrigued by 1 and she wasn’t a main character. I mean don’t get me wrong the story held my interest but didn’t suck me in until the very end.

“My, One letter away:
"I'll consume you. You'll hate me. You'll love me. You'll want only me." He paused, his laughter dying out slowly. "And all I'll have to g
Rosalin
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHAT DO YOU MEAN PART TWO COMES OUT IN JULY?

description

5 'ONE LETTER AWAY' STARS

I devoured this book like my life depended on it. I love the way Megan writes about fucked up people. Makes you think that you are as fucked up as her characters for enjoying their fuckedupness.

Viole[n]t Obscurity centers around Dr. Adeline Violet. She's the new psychiatrist assigned to Ward Z in The Silent River Mental Hospital. It's where they put the wildest criminals of all to serve out their life sentences and the place
Michelle Krystel
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary review. I am rating this book 3.5 stars because at first I was enjoying it. But then the main character really made me question her sanity and dignity. I think she truly messed up. I found her completely selfish Violet. I think even though Aaron may my killed alot of people he is worse than him. He knows he'd not a good man but Violet is just fake.
Carey Sabala
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Viole[n]t Obscurity (Violent Book 1) by Megan D. Martin
Welcome to Ward Z – where only the most violent criminals are kept. There is no rehabilitation. There is no getting out. This is a secret mental ward holding facility that not even the public knows about. They need a new doctor, a new psychiatrist and have very little staff because absolutely no one lasts. The last doctors got their own padded rooms. Even the best of the best doesn’t last very long, so why not offer the job to the fresh-face
Brit
loved every single thing about this book review to come soon
Natasha
I loved this book. It's super dark, super crazy, super easy to get caught up in. I really loved every second of it. Aaron Whitman is the perfect dose of crazy for Adeline Violet.

I don't think I can wait till July * bites nails with vigour*
Moriah
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book totally satisfied my little dark soul. 4.5 stars!

Tara Chevrestt
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is like American Horror Story in ebook format. It's been a long time since I was engrossed in a book and let me say, it's so twisted that I had to make sure my husband couldn't read the text over my shoulder. He's not an AHS fan. I am. To those of you fellow twisted closet pervs, you'll love this. It'll make you sick and yet you will devour it; it's like being unable to look away from AHS Freak Show no matter how twisted and sick they behaved.

It makes you think too. Are you really as saintl
Tiffany
Holy mother of all mind screws.

Look familiar? Did you love the movie? Well dive right in because you will love this too!

A mental ward with 4 dangerous criminals.

One psychiatrist who thinks she can save them.

Oh but she's just as crazy and dangerous as her patients.

Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
OH WOW

What the hell did I just read, the characters are dark and twisted. This book is a Mind F*ck.

This book did keep me turning pages to find out what was going happen.. I can't wait for book 2 now.
Anna Aurora
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one was....dark!Like REALLY dark,I love it .After reading this book, it stayed with me for days. There are a lot of mentions of abuse, so if you are triggered by stuff like that better read a different book.
4,6/5 stars
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

WTF did I just read. It’s a crazy ass story and I FLOVED it …like HARD and I am flipping out that I have to wait until SUMMER to read the second part of the duet!! Holy Shit Balls Batman!! This book was hella crazy as allllll of Megan’s dark bo
unknownreader
Tammy G
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well this was definitely not what I expected from Martin. Being a huge fan of her Filthy Series, she surprised me with this psychological read. It was written very well, kept you questioning until the end. You were invested in the darkness of the strongly written characters, and the telling of their backgrounds. Martin is a amazing storyteller with this gem. Can't wait for its conclusion. Happy Reading!!!
Flemarie Medida
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*5 stars~

I love this novel! It is incredibly unique and explores a powerful depth within the main characters inner consciousness. It's twisted, unpredictable and romantic in a dark way as well! I've never read a novel like this before, Great job miss Martin! Most importantly, it reminds me of the love story between Joker and Harley Quinn~!Can't wait to read the second book! I hope Violet will get pregnant in the second book hehehe. :D <3
Lily
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
NO SPOILERS WHAT SO EVER

Tbh I wouldn’t read this book again because it really fucked with my mind, and sucked me in so deep I couldn’t leave the book until I finished reading it, literally, however because it’s such a mind fuck I don’t want to bother reading it again

I will complete the series, but I guess that’s about it

Warning: this book is so dark and twisted, but in other pages it felt like Harley Quinn and the joker lol
Kelly (the book hussy)
Finally!! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for a new book by Megan.

This was a doozy of a mind fuck. And it’s book 1 of 2, so there’s more! Let the darkness begin Violet! I think book 2 will be better (not that I didn’t enjoy this). I feel like book 1 is setting everything up.....and I can’t wait to see what happens next!!
LeLe
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Creepy, intriguing, complex. Only sad thing is: waiting till july for the next one...
Grimm
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing.
Lena
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What did I just read????
It’s the best book I read this year, like, wow!!!
Can’t wait for part 2!!
Fade
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow.Just wow.From my perspective,the book was lovely,honestly surprised it's not that popular.
Vickie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is wild. If you’re looking for a mindfuck this is your book. The characters are crazy (literally) and it’s one hell of a ride from start to finish. I’m still not sure what to think. Looking forward to book two and getting some answers.
Sarah Garza
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

This book should be in a category of its own. It completely consumed me. I am talking like I planned to read just a chapter in bed to unwind after working a nine hour shift at work and somehow the one chapter turned into almost the whole book. I woke up the next morning very groggy and felt almost hungover. The lack of sleep was in part of that but so was the contents of this book. I regret nothing.

This book is primarily comprised of Adeline Violet's POV. The reader gets little snippet
Debbie
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! That’s the only way I know how to describe this story without giving anything away. You don’t want to read spoilers with this one. You need to live through the story and experience it page by page to fully appreciate these dark and twisted characters. From the moment I started reading, I was kept on the edge of my seat anticipating what was going to happen next.

Aaron is this calm kind of crazy. You know he’s done terrible things and is locked away in that psych ward for a reason. Wha

• Snuffed: Part One (Snuff #2)
  • The Finish (The Finish, #1)
  • Jagged Pill (Broken Lives, #3)
  • Parasight (Red Order, #2)
  • Pawn - Volume 2 (Pawn, #2)
  • Love Corrupted (Obscene Duet #2)
  • The Whored's Prayer (Whored, #2)
  • Irreparable Damage (Irreparable, #1)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Candy Coated Chaos (Sweet Treats, #1)
  • Too Far Gone (In Too Deep #2)
  • Killing the Sun: Part 1
  • Illusions of Evil (Illusions Duet, #1)
  • Heat (Parker Reed, #1)
  • Stolen (Stronger, #1)
  • A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2)
  • The True Diary of That Girl
  • Never to Keep
Megan D. Martin is a multi-published author, mother, student, editor, and history lover.
In her spare time Megan plays video games with her incredibly sweet son, buys fish for her many fish tanks, and has long talks with Gandaldore (the little writing wizard that sits on her desk.) She is well known for losing her keys and has more than one nerdy tattoo.
Megan lives in North Texas with her wonderfu

Violent (2 books)
  • Viole[n]t Oblivion (Violent, #2)
“I'm going to be inside you, Violet. Over and over and over until there's nothing left of either of us. Until your skin bleeds and you're nothing with me or without me. Until you're everything.” 0 likes